Author Topic: TO THE DEVS TEAM !!  (Read 8528 times)

Offline Juhanius

• Legendary Engraver
  • Count
  • Renown: 261
  • Infamy: 26
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "I always hated crossbows, take too long to load!"
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Juhanius, Stormy_Repairs
Re: TO THE DEVS TEAM !!
« Reply #75 on: January 10, 2013, 04:19:29 am »
I agree with Pimp. In two years there has been only few good patches and archers has always been getting shortest straw.

Offline Blackbow

• Duke
  • Renown: 560
  • Infamy: 282
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Murcs
« Reply #76 on: January 10, 2013, 07:25:59 am »
This * is where I stopped agreeing, Cris. How could buffing HAs help with the archer problem? If anything, it would increase the complaints! Especially since I understood you want to buff the accuracy for archers, too. And even if you didn't, HAs are even more of an annoyance to infantry than archers are, as they have all the "annoying" mechanics of archers, just to a much wider extend (especially the class basically relying on kiting). And a higher number of HAs won't reduce the number of archers, as
imo ha need more damage buff ... one example : chris shot me in the head today and i generaly never surive to hs but i did...

so guys what do you think of this new ninja patch without logs ??
- double hit good shit or bad shit ? (imo fun coz realistic but bad for gameplay)
- weird bug anti jump shot who make impossible for an archer to jump dodge a cav without having a weird bug and penetrating in the ground ...

devs team need this : visitors can't see pics , please register or login
« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 07:37:39 am by blackbow »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Blackbow

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 10, 2013, 07:33:41 am »
ups double post again :'(

Offline bagge

• King
  • Renown: 1056
  • Infamy: 275
  • cRPG Player
  • Duke of Poland
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: bagge
« Reply #78 on: January 10, 2013, 08:13:21 am »
+3
Good thread Blackbow. I especially agree on the part that archers should be granted proper melee weapons. I can even quote the mighty Phyrex saying it was much better before when archer had 'em, cause they simply didn't kite like today.

Anyway I only read the OP, cba to read the rest cause this community is fucking retarded and biased cunts.

Cheers
I hope you guys get some sort of sticky balls deseases and smell like my armpits, sorry excusese for nolife fucking cunts you are.

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #79 on: January 10, 2013, 08:40:20 am »
+2
(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #80 on: January 10, 2013, 09:12:49 am »
+1
Is it really not possible to get a decent melee archer hybrid build? Going like 15 21 and putting almost everything in archery then some leftovers in melee wpf? I would probably go for something like that, 150 wpf should be enough. Probably wont be pinpoint accurate but it will allow for some decent melee capabilities with like a horn bow and a mace, or a longbow.. Cant really get the best out of both worlds but id say loosing some accuracy is worth it, 5ps mace can be deadly especially with high athl light armour.

Ps. for the ranged whiners; get a shield :mrgreen: you are either ranged or you carry a shield, thats the first thing i consider when i make a new build because walking into battle without a shield is like begging to get shot. Its just a few skillpoints and some weight, but totally worth it. May mess up the minmax duelbuilds but those people can go play siege.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline Razzer

• Earl
  • Renown: 366
  • Infamy: 92
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Intermezzo
« Reply #81 on: January 10, 2013, 09:25:16 am »
I don't even know what you archers want.
You're still dominating Eu1, have a look at bagge, Shokoshugi or Blackbow. I still don't dare to hunt them, because I know I'm not gonna be the guy who wins that duel.
You guys still kite like freaks and do many headshots, so why would you want an already good class better?
If ranged gets buffed everyone's gonna grab a bow, even those who are actually crap at shooting.
I've tried archery on my alt (Castillo) many times and it's perfectly fine and balanced in my opinion.

Offline Blackbow

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 10, 2013, 09:28:49 am »
Is it really not possible to get a decent melee archer hybrid build? Going like 15 21 and putting almost everything in archery then some leftovers in melee wpf? I would probably go for something like that, 150 wpf should be enough. Probably wont be pinpoint accurate but it will allow for some decent melee capabilities with like a horn bow and a mace, or a longbow.. Cant really get the best out of both worlds but id say loosing some accuracy is worth it, 5ps mace can be deadly especially with high athl light armour.

Ps. for the ranged whiners; get a shield :mrgreen: you are either ranged or you carry a shield, thats the first thing i consider when i make a new build because walking into battle without a shield is like begging to get shot. Its just a few skillpoints and some weight, but totally worth it. May mess up the minmax duelbuilds but those people can go play siege.
from my experience :
for horn bow u need a minimum of 150 archery
for rus bow u need a minimum of 160 archery
i rly dont recomand longbow if u want play hybrid coz it's rly rly to slow
4 ps is a minimum too and allow you to do enough damage

i was lvl 35 (240 million xp) then i finish by respec for an hybrid build (thx bagge)
and i fucking love my new build i have a pure archer build and i'm close to a 2hander build
it's funny to see cavs run away from me when i take the 2h
or when i run after shielders who persecuted me since so many years !!!
now i can rly defend my self i just have to train my melee skills

You're still dominating Eu1, have a look at bagge, Shokoshugi or Blackbow. I still don't dare to hunt them, because I know I'm not gonna be the guy who wins that duel.
You guys still kite like freaks and do many headshots, so why would you want an already good class better?
If ranged gets buffed everyone's gonna grab a bow, even those who are actually crap at shooting.
I've tried archery on my alt (Castillo) many times and it's perfectly fine and balanced in my opinion.

to make simple i want :
a damage nerf of archers something like -20%
arrows are buged (ghost arrows) so i want they fix that and the only way is to increasse missile speed
and decrease a bit the huge weight of quivers (it's rly rly to heavy especialy for an archer low lvl and it's fucking hard to lvl up archer before lvl 25)

i can only agree with you all ... there is to many range atm but if there is less range you will have more op cavs i think...
imo range got nerfed in wrong way and it changed nothing there is still lot of range ... devs nerfed everything on last patch exept damage they increased damage to compensate i guess ... wrong solution imo
« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 09:39:49 am by blackbow »

Offline Grumpy_Nic

• King
  • Renown: 1023
  • Infamy: 306
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Hermann_von_Krems
« Reply #83 on: January 10, 2013, 09:30:13 am »
+3

Now you do know that you are naming the top archers in this game and they are probably all high lvl?

I dont really know any names of good 2h/Polearmers but take Rantrex, Polepoop and some others that really specialzied in this and tell me that they represent the average melee player. They dont, and these 3 do not represent the average archer. If you change the gameplay just because some individuals became very good in a class but the majority is average then this project failed.

Offline Razzer

• Earl
  • Renown: 366
  • Infamy: 92
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Intermezzo
« Reply #84 on: January 10, 2013, 09:35:19 am »
Now you do know that you are naming the top archers in this game and they are probably all high lvl?

I dont really know any names of good 2h/Polearmers but take Rantrex, Polepoop and some others that really specialzied in this and tell me that they represent the average melee player. They dont, and these 3 do not represent the average archer. If you change the gameplay just because some individuals became very good in a class but the majority is average then this project failed.
Well I still can say, that I tried archery myself and I've never really played it before, it's fine for me, as I said.
A single archer is obviously not able to stand a chance against a group of melees, but the other way around it's the same, a ranged squad who's standing f.e. on a hill with like 6 archers in it are truely winning rounds for their team.

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 234
  • cRPG Player
  • (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻. take all my upvotes! Part-time retard
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild Enthousiast,
  • Game nicks: Wy can't I upvote my own posts, Im a fucken genius, yo.
  • IRC nick: Joseph_Porta
« Reply #85 on: January 10, 2013, 09:38:03 am »
from my experience :
for horn bow u need a minimum of 150 archery
for rus bow u need a minimum of 160 archery
i rly dont recomand longbow if u want play hybrid coz it's rly rly to slow
4 ps is a minimum too and allow you to do enough damage

i was lvl 35 (240 million xp) then i finish by respec for an hybrid build (thx bagge)
and i fucking love my new build i have a pure archer build and i'm close to a 2hander build
it's funny to see cavs run away from me when i take the 2h
or when i run after shielders who persecuted me since so many years !!!
now i can rly defend my self i just have to train my melee skills

what build you rolling atm Blackbow? im rolling 18/18 140(some more i think) archery wpf 60 2h wpf, quite awesome also 6 IF so i'm a bloody tank. 
I loot corpses of their golden teeth.
But he'll be around somewhere between Heaven and The Devil, because neither of them will take him in, and he'll be farting loudly and singing a filthy song.

i'll be there at around
chadztime™

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 10, 2013, 09:39:50 am »
your prob for playing a bundle of sticks class

edit: the horror of censor D:

Offline Grumpy_Nic

• King
  • Renown: 1023
  • Infamy: 306
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Hermann_von_Krems
« Reply #87 on: January 10, 2013, 09:40:06 am »
+1
Well I still can say, that I tried archery myself and I've never really played it before, it's fine for me, as I said.
A single archer is obviously not able to stand a chance against a group of melees, but the other way around it's the same, a ranged squad who's standing f.e. on a hill with like 6 archers in it are truely winning rounds for their team.

If it would not have any effect it would be sad. It just means that teamplay is rewarded here. Melee groups that work together rip apart formations, shielder/2h/pole mixes can split a ranged squad. A group of cav working together can fuck up whole infantry formations...

And ofc ranged shouldnt be too hard so u never get hits until you are pro, but the really difficult shots cannot be pulled off on a regular basis if you dont play it a lot. If you're a melee newbie then you will get kills also, but to survive until the end of the round and maybe win a 3vs1 fight or something similar takes more training.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 10, 2013, 09:46:53 am »
If it would not have any effect it would be sad. It just means that teamplay is rewarded here. Melee groups that work together rip apart formations, shielder/2h/pole mixes can split a ranged squad. A group of cav working together can fuck up whole infantry formations...

Still, collaborating as ranged units is extremely simple and intuitive as well as does not require any particular twitch skill. However, cav can stop each other, which usually means the stopped ones are dead meat and infantry require care and precise timing not to th.

Putting many ranged in a group only increases its power without any downside. In fact a ranged zerg only has advantages because of the projectile stun making chainshotting a very common event and also diversifying the shooting angles in a way that negates shielders and dodging.

Offline Blackbow

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 10, 2013, 09:48:55 am »
what build you rolling atm Blackbow? im rolling 18/18 140(some more i think) archery wpf 60 2h wpf, quite awesome also 6 IF so i'm a bloody tank.
140 in archery is a bit slow especialy if u use a rus or long, it's not bad but when u are against 2 or 3 range u have to bent your bow rly fast and i dont talk about the cav or the ninja incoming in your back !!!

i would keep my build a bit secret but i can say i'm 18/24 with
59-2h
170-archery

for all low level i rly recomand a minimum of 18/21
an other advise guys look around you all the time after 1 or 2 arrows check around you if nothing is incoming or if a friend need help
increase volume of game very helpful to know what happend around you ... there is so many range who listen music when they play ... =p

Still, collaborating as ranged units is extremely simple and intuitive as well as does not require any particular twitch skill. However, cav can stop each other, which usually means the stopped ones are dead meat and infantry require care and precise timing not to th.

Putting many ranged in a group only increases its power without any downside. In fact a ranged zerg only has advantages because of the projectile stun making chainshotting a very common event and also diversifying the shooting angles in a way that negates shielders and dodging.

there is an other huge problem with range ... it's  the auto balance all the time pretty all archers are in same team (or cavs)
just imagine a battle with 50/50 range in both side... but devs cant fix autobalance ... :'(
« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 09:52:11 am by blackbow »