Author Topic: New tricks that I learnt from bad players.  (Read 3702 times)

Offline owens

• Earl
  • Renown: 436
  • Infamy: 389
  • cRPG Player
  • PK_BALLA
    • View Profile
    • Our Website
  • Faction: Persian Kittens
  • Game nicks: PK's nice guy
  • IRC nick: PK world tour pm to donate
New tricks that I learnt from bad players.
« on: January 06, 2013, 04:41:11 am »
I always thought myself a good duelist and competent group fighter. I thought I new every trick under the sun turns out I still had something to learn.

These are some good tricks that take very little skill.

The NA: Get out feinted and become vulnerable? just attack.   (I hate doing this but I found it so popular in NA that I had to try it. Great against guys like kadeth)

The Deadmeat77: Just got hit? simply attack back instantly, most people don't expect it.

The easy chamber: Block instantly in the correct direction and than attack in the "chambering" direction. So basically either quick block/attack or chamber.
PK is back

PK is a collection of elites from throughout modern and ancient history. Giants of Calradia individually, as a group these gods of combat shatter all expectations and ascend to a higher plain of victory that only a few have seen before.

Offline isatis

• Duke
  • Renown: 624
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
  • ink+water showing their true potential!
    • View Profile
    • le Clan des Cochons!
  • Faction: Le clan des Cochons!!
  • Game nicks: Cochon_Furtif_Isatis
  • IRC nick: Isatis
Re: New tricks that I learnt from bad players.
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2013, 04:48:39 am »
may I add this one :

The shield molester spam attack repetively a shield while using the d or the a key with the concordant attack direction and you'll have a chance on two to see your hit bypass shield and touch

yes this is what some people call : a ''my old friend'' move

also, one very very cool

just block, just block all in the name.

So the new response to ranged ragers is not "get a shield", it is "learn to chamber ranged nub!"
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline KaMiKaZe_JoE

• Marshall
  • Renown: 904
  • Infamy: 117
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Cavalieres
  • Game nicks: KaMiKaZe _______
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2013, 04:52:15 am »
+39
from bad players

Ooh, ooh. There's this really cool trick I learned. It's called lancer cav. You get on a horse and use a heavy lance to kill all the other team's afk's and peasants.
"I don't think I'd want to meet anyone from cRPG. Sorry no offense lol" -TG

Offline Banok

• Duke
  • Renown: 521
  • Infamy: 215
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2013, 05:09:10 am »
I love how mad shielders get if holding right mouse button doesn't mean they are 100% invincible.

Offline Lamk

• Knight
  • Renown: 74
  • Infamy: 13
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Lamk
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2013, 05:40:15 am »
+1

The NA: Get out feinted and become vulnerable? just attack.   (I hate doing this but I found it so popular in NA that I had to try it. Great against guys like kadeth)

The Deadmeat77: Just got hit? simply attack back instantly, most people don't expect it.

These are the reasons why I rage playing this game

Offline isatis

• Duke
  • Renown: 624
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
  • ink+water showing their true potential!
    • View Profile
    • le Clan des Cochons!
  • Faction: Le clan des Cochons!!
  • Game nicks: Cochon_Furtif_Isatis
  • IRC nick: Isatis
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2013, 05:48:37 am »
+2
These are the reasons why I rage playing this game

I always wondered how good player can rage at this game.

I mean yes I suck but if I get killed by a tricks i just laugh and continue typing thing in chat getting type-killed in my gimbed built with peasant loom and no armor while I spend most of my time not attacking half the other team for rp purpose.

yeah maybe that's why I suck
So the new response to ranged ragers is not "get a shield", it is "learn to chamber ranged nub!"

Offline Vodner

• Duke
  • Renown: 526
  • Infamy: 73
  • cRPG Player
  • SaulCanner
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: SaulCanner
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2013, 05:52:38 am »
+7
I never really found getting swung out of sequence to be that rage inducing. I always felt it was my own fault for not paying enough attention to what my opponent was doing.

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
  • Renown: 513
  • Infamy: 51
  • Formerly "Marathon". #sluttiestAdmin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Cyclopsided_of_Chaos, CYBD, Brunchlady
  • IRC nick: Cyclopsided
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2013, 05:56:38 am »
I wouldn't consider those tricks, but 2 gambles.
Also, I have declared myself #1 NA hybrid thrower
Formerly known as Marathon.
As an NA admin, I am the most laid back and concerned with the ~fun of the game~ above all other factors. I've also been super inactive since Summer 2012. University takes most of my time, but I still find some time to play when i can.

Offline Lamk

• Knight
  • Renown: 74
  • Infamy: 13
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Lamk
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2013, 05:57:31 am »
Well these tricks are completely the opposite of what I would do in these situations.
When someone is feinting me, I wait until he strikes and when I get hit I wait until the next swing to parry it.

Offline Equal

• Earl
  • Renown: 344
  • Infamy: 24
  • Secretly not gay
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Equal
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2013, 07:04:33 am »
+1
I hope more people start doing the easy chamber; it's a simple pattern to recognize and also easily countered by holding your swings. Also people spamming doesn't always get to me, enough gens as 1h and you just have to learn to block more than once, although it's definitely more annoying when you aren't a 1h.

Offline Zanze

• Earl
  • Renown: 366
  • Infamy: 69
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
  • Game nicks: Raven_Zan
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2013, 08:14:36 am »
+1
I learned to spam. Then, not being the mindless str crutch spammer zombie that I am(arguable), learned to actually block while spamming.
Results are increased shield life span (more time attacking = less time being attacked), and increased amount of damage output(more attacks = more damage). Works wonderfully once you can judge who hits first. (Who pulls back his weapon first 9/10 of time)

Usually when asked in my TS: "Zan, how do you always top the score on battle you dirty valor whore?" I reply with "Left mouse button."

Offline Kuujis

• Count
  • Renown: 298
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Midreek_HRE
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2013, 09:53:40 am »
+2
Being a nab and all that - here is what I learned from my Gen 1 and well into Gen 2: Do not rush to attack, let the attack come*. after you block/chamber - only a few are quick enough to survive a counter attack, but at that point fun begins, since both of you know that some swinging is about to happen. On the other hand - if you could not parry enemies first attack - you have a lesson to learn and that fight is lost anyway.

*Does not apply to maulers and feint "experts". Those need to be cut/kicked first :rolleyes:

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
  • Renown: 513
  • Infamy: 51
  • Formerly "Marathon". #sluttiestAdmin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Cyclopsided_of_Chaos, CYBD, Brunchlady
  • IRC nick: Cyclopsided
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2013, 10:11:21 am »
+6
I still think feinting more often than 1 out of 15 swings is a waste and detrimental.
 I love dueling people who feint a lot, my win rate vs them is soooo much higher than if those same people don't feint often.
Though, by all means -- keep on doing it guys. I love killing you by chambering your feint; as you change your attack I hit you. Every feint is a huge opening to be chambered or double swung on.

Unless it is a specific well timed, well practiced feint that is immune to chambers, don't do them.

*sadly right now I play with a ping spiking between 140 and 200 ping, so I can't melee properly. If it was a constant 130 I can still chamber everything but holds at least.

EU and NA both need to learn to chamber reliably, it is so easy to get down. When people start doing it more often, the feinters will fall from their perch.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 10:15:20 am by Marathon »
Also, I have declared myself #1 NA hybrid thrower
Formerly known as Marathon.
As an NA admin, I am the most laid back and concerned with the ~fun of the game~ above all other factors. I've also been super inactive since Summer 2012. University takes most of my time, but I still find some time to play when i can.

Offline Shaksie

• Count
  • Renown: 195
  • Infamy: 115
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Double Thickshake
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2013, 10:14:25 am »
Fuck, I do these all the time. Does this make me bad? :(
But yeah, these destroy good people and it makes me rage when people hit me with doing them, I guess I can deal shit but can't take it hehe.
VERY nice boy :)

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2013, 11:10:43 am »
+10
Your posts show just how stupid you are... they are all valid tactics, if someone is feinting like crazy why not attack them?  I think you should pay attention to your enemy not just how fast you can feint spam
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk