Author Topic: New tricks that I learnt from bad players.  (Read 3705 times)

Offline Zaar

• Knight
  • Renown: 51
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
  • Wait! I, Uryens, will try.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Prpavi Fan Club :P
  • Game nicks: Zaar, Zaaraza
Re: New tricks that I learnt from bad players.
« Reply #60 on: January 09, 2013, 12:44:55 pm »
I am nowhere neas as good as some here, hell I've only learned to play on WASD like a month or two ago lol :mrgreen: , but IMHO, everything in this game has a counter move/action.

Same is for tactics, same is for 1v1, etc.

The sooner as people realize nothing is "noobish" and you can't beat all builds with your particular build, the better for them.

Example would be, instead of yelling "FCKING ARCHERS AARGHH" (oh I do it too  :mrgreen: ), let your shielders go for them.

Yes, I just discovered hot water  :mrgreen: but sometimes the obvious needs to be stated.

Also, some nice advices, especially regarding chambering. I learned something as well  :)
"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery;
none but ourselves can free our mind"

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 09, 2013, 01:19:45 pm »
Since my rageposts, people seem to systematically try to spam me. Please continue. Unless you use a +3 longsword, it won't work. I have turned into a fully loomed naked spammitar aboozer just for you people.

Yes I'm adapting but I still think it's dull gameplay, especially considering the fact that someone able to spam and yet always block at the last moment is basically forcing you to do the same. I know it takes some practice to reach that point, but that's not paying much for something making feints and holds obsolete.

Offline BADPLAYER_old2

• Earl
  • Renown: 360
  • Infamy: 235
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Not a Bad player
« Reply #62 on: January 09, 2013, 04:55:05 pm »
+1
Yes I'm adapting but I still think it's dull gameplay, especially considering the fact that someone able to spam and yet always block at the last moment is basically forcing you to do the same. I know it takes some practice to reach that point, but that's not paying much for something making feints and holds obsolete.

Not really, theres plenty of ways to counter someone fighting that way. If they are "spamming" by never feinting or holding you should just chamber all of their swings, they probably will block 90% of the chambers but they will soon learn to stop doing that against you and then you have them holding which you can use to your advantage by switching up your playstyle and doing what they were doing at first.

Or you can just play the out ranging game and kick them whenever they come in close, 1hs especially are great at this with their right swing but most people don't understand how to use it so just left swing spam and wonder why they die.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login