Poll

Does this thread need a poll?

Lemon is a nerd
No

Author Topic: [Global] Elderly Woman  (Read 38027 times)

Offline Sparvico

• Marshall
  • Renown: 976
  • Infamy: 174
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Steam ID: Sparvico
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mossbacks
  • Game nicks: Sparvico et al.
Re: [Global] Elderly Woman
« Reply #330 on: April 18, 2016, 08:15:36 am »
+3
"I even post my system for everyone to see."

This Admin makes up his/her own rules?
Thats a.. thing?

Not exactly. Severity of ban times has traditionally been left up to individual admins to decide, however the rules themselves are pretty much put out by the devs. That said selective enforcement of certain rules has happened in the past from certain admins.
Mossback_Westwood: "I swear 2 my semitic God if you give me this bundle of sticks's address I'll cut off his ear and eat it"

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #331 on: April 18, 2016, 10:10:56 am »
+9
While I personally disgree with a length of 30 days, in this situation I can completely understand to go straight to bans after a warning with admin chat.
Seriously, at least on EU I am pretty confident that players listen up as soon as the red text appears cuz it's rarely used for nonesense.
If an admin uses the red text: pay attention and listen!

9 people all shouting at an admin, most likely spamming the 'i' chat, nobody listening to your warnings, instead even more spam and caps lock in the chat?
I'd have dealt out bans too, just to get the situation most comfortably and secured under control.
Probably just 1h or 2h bans but bans nonetheless...
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
« Reply #332 on: April 18, 2016, 01:02:04 pm »
+10
Why would mass mutes not have resolved anything? Isn't it usually the biggest punishment for them to actually have to play the game for once? 1 day ban for i chat spam after warning.

Offline Molly

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: April 18, 2016, 01:45:42 pm »
+1
Why would mass mutes not have resolved anything? Isn't it usually the biggest punishment for them to actually have to play the game for once? 1 day ban for i chat spam after warning.
We're not talking 2 or 3 people here but 9, it seems.
Keeping track of the muted people and who 'might' evade the mute by rejoining the server?
Nope - wouldn't want to complicate it for myself like that.
Proper warning over admin chat "Stop it or I start handing out bans!" - whoever does not listen... well... you've been warned.

In that specific situation with so many people - short-time bans are the easiest route to go.
2-4 people you can handle with mutes. 9 people? That's a whole different thing.

Offline Porthos

• Marshall
  • Renown: 779
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • The February Patch Survivor
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hello Kitty Clan (aka 'Clan For Fun')
  • Game nicks: Porthos_Woodstock, InvasionOfGiganticLANDCRABS, Random_Nobody, cRPG_Addict and many more
« Reply #334 on: April 18, 2016, 02:46:24 pm »
« Last Edit: April 18, 2016, 05:46:05 pm by Porthos »
<=== thanks to Tiny_Glancer <3 (never click on that image)
I'm not sure if ships are ingame
You Can't Kill Me

Offline Molly

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: April 18, 2016, 03:27:21 pm »
+5
The more you discuss it, the more ridiculous it becomes. The damage has been done, it's time to move on with it. Good luck to all the american players on their way to survive under control of this selfish cunt, backed by the newborn Supreme Overlord's support.
I wonder when it became so popular to 'fight the oppressing regime'. It's what the cool kids do these days, huh?
In every other game with online part and active admins, every single one of them would have been banned too.
At least I don't know about any other online game that would allow any of the stuff crpg admins let slide all the time... :wink:

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #336 on: April 18, 2016, 04:46:45 pm »
+5
I wonder when it became so popular to 'fight the oppressing regime'. It's what the cool kids do these days, huh?
In every other game with online part and active admins, every single one of them would have been banned too.
At least I don't know about any other online game that would allow any of the stuff crpg admins let slide all the time... :wink:

There are tons of games where you can say any hateful words you want and never get in trouble. You only get banned for hacking or abusing glitches.

That has nothing to do with CRPG though.

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline xxkaliboyx

• Earl
  • Renown: 318
  • Infamy: 104
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Deserter_Merrrrrica
« Reply #337 on: April 18, 2016, 05:19:35 pm »
This statement clearly shows that you have no business exercising your admin powers in this community.

Updated OP to reflect the current state of things after those two friends went and killed the mod last night.

This statement clearly shows that you have no business exercising your admin powers in this community
Deserter_Merrrrrica

Offline Porthos

• Marshall
  • Renown: 779
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • The February Patch Survivor
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hello Kitty Clan (aka 'Clan For Fun')
  • Game nicks: Porthos_Woodstock, InvasionOfGiganticLANDCRABS, Random_Nobody, cRPG_Addict and many more
« Reply #338 on: April 18, 2016, 05:30:55 pm »
+2
Okay, you hit the spot right there. I should have keep silent and let this discuss to die without moving in the same circles again and again. And yes, I agree that rules were broken and people should be punished, but I disagree with this dude's attitude of pretending to act cool with the statements like this one:
I will continue to enforce the rules exactly the same way I always have.
Good luck on enforcing the rules the way it brings more harm than the initial offence.
<=== thanks to Tiny_Glancer <3 (never click on that image)
I'm not sure if ships are ingame
You Can't Kill Me

Offline Tristan_of_Erzoth

• Game Admin
  • Renown: 1000
  • Infamy: 217
  • cRPG Player
  • I dont know
    • View Profile
    • steam id
  • Faction: Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: Tristan_of_Erzoth, Sorcerer_Tholamin, Big_Dick_McCallister
  • IRC nick: wtf is an IRC
« Reply #339 on: April 18, 2016, 05:46:08 pm »
+3
From Tristran's video which includes the audio from TS, although it was very funny, there was a lot of 'they cant ban all of us if we keep doing it!' which was hilariously stupid (and it was funny). If rules keep being broken, and you've had the pink text, and you've seen others be banned for it, what do you think is gonna happen if other people start doing it at the same time?

It was only after event that the too-cool-for-school 'I secretly wanted to be banned so I can quit this shit mod' attitude started to come out.

Don't get me wrong, I think the video was funny and even the event was pretty funny in a surreal way. But you know what you're getting into when you do it, don't gimme this 'I did it out of protest' or outraged bullshit. If you choose to do something funny that you know will get you banned, then accept your ban. Don't cheapen it by whining afterwards.

tbh i dont think any of us were shocked we were banned, at least I wasnt.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/evilmagic/

Offline Nightingale

• Balancer
  • Renown: 925
  • Infamy: 205
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Elderly Woman
  • IRC nick: Nightingale
« Reply #340 on: April 19, 2016, 12:09:47 am »

Offline Jambi

• Earl
  • Renown: 410
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player
  • Walks with God.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jambi
« Reply #341 on: April 19, 2016, 02:19:02 am »
+9
First most russians and slavs, and now alot of americans.

What % of europian players have to join in, until you realize and accept you're bad at being an admin, and bad for this community.

No hate or anything, but this clearly isnt your thing.  Its not the amount of players you ban, and why. But its in the way you're handling it.

I don't care if this game dies.

« Last Edit: April 19, 2016, 03:13:41 am by Jambi »
Love will tear us apart.
Also, most fucked up brain of the year award goes to jambi. Well done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cX9Cpuj4igk

Offline Jambi

• Earl
  • Renown: 410
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player
  • Walks with God.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jambi
« Reply #342 on: April 19, 2016, 03:15:34 am »
Mutes would in fact have solved the situation, a player literally cannot type "friend" in chat if they are muted. If they evade the mute than a short ban to punish that would have also sufficed. The situation escalated because you decided to increase the severity of the punishment without the actual committed offense also increasing in severity.

Increasing the severity of a punishment in the case of multiple consecutive offenses from independent individuals based solely upon the order in which they participated in the offense is asinine. It's a philosophy that is totally counter to the retributive justice system that is common place in American society. Mutes absolutely would have been the better option and the fact that you are incapable of admitting any fault is mind boggling to me.

This statement clearly shows that you have no business exercising your admin powers in this community. If you're not interested in the longevity of the mod than you should remove yourself from the community instead of "nailing up the coffin".

You got my +1, those are some solid standards. But for your sake, i hope people wont make you eat your own words, once you're admin :D

(edit) sorry for double post  :mad:
« Last Edit: April 19, 2016, 03:26:20 am by Jambi »
Love will tear us apart.
Also, most fucked up brain of the year award goes to jambi. Well done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cX9Cpuj4igk

Offline Grytviken

• Practicing Scientologist
  • Duke
  • Renown: 504
  • Infamy: 101
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Salad_Fork Raven_Grytviken
« Reply #343 on: April 19, 2016, 04:13:33 am »
+3
there was a total of 18 bans on players and 1 ban on an admin.

That's why people believe me to be out of line just because of the sheer amount of bans handed out in a single incident. Including the "head" admin caught in the ban wave.

Wow you're my hero! That's a big ban count and you will even go as far as banning the head admin to do your job. Maybe when you're done banning the 5 people left on NA they can transfer you to EU so you can ban their head admin too!  :lol:
« Last Edit: April 19, 2016, 04:25:04 am by Grytviken »

Offline Nightingale

• Balancer
  • Renown: 925
  • Infamy: 205
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Elderly Woman
  • IRC nick: Nightingale
« Reply #344 on: April 19, 2016, 04:28:51 am »
First most russians and slavs, and now alot of americans.

What % of europian players have to join in, until you realize and accept you're bad at being an admin, and bad for this community.

No hate or anything, but this clearly isnt your thing.  Its not the amount of players you ban, and why. But its in the way you're handling it.

I didn't ban any Russians, I see you are still crying over the pandor thing; That wasn't my call I simply started a debate on the admin forum Dupre executed. It amazes me that numerous different admins told you I didn't ban pandor and you never accepted that lmao.

Ever since you seen me write in purple you've been against everything I do lol your opinion is entirely invalid because no matter what action I take you will disagree. I don't quite understand the reasoning for you to target your resentment at me specifically all the sudden for using purple text... but whatever I'll entertain your childish resentment.

Again, regarding this incident. I stand by the punishments and the original statement I provided in the NA unban section. You and others thinking I'm not a good admin is a matter of opinion. You are entitled to such opinions and I respect yours. I'll refrain from sharing my opinion about you as it is not respectful.

@Grytviken: thank you, I try to enforce the rules as unbiasedly as possible. I' won't need to transfer to EU I already play their occasionally and I've yet to ban anyone. EU is a much more respectable community than the NA proportion. Not to mention their head admin wouldn't break the rules either.