Poll

Does this thread need a poll?

Lemon is a nerd
No

Author Topic: [Global] Elderly Woman  (Read 37986 times)

Offline Nightingale

• Balancer
  • Renown: 925
  • Infamy: 205
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Elderly Woman
  • IRC nick: Nightingale
Re: [Global] Elderly Woman
« Reply #315 on: April 17, 2016, 06:59:50 pm »
+6
You all have to realize if this is truly the nail in the coffin for NA cRPG; that it was truly dead a long time ago. Allowing people to break rules is never the answer even if they are the "last 20 people." Smoothrich shouldn't be muted.

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #316 on: April 17, 2016, 07:28:32 pm »
+6
Smoothrich shouldn't be muted.

he should, its not healthy for him to be here
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline Grytviken

• Practicing Scientologist
  • Duke
  • Renown: 504
  • Infamy: 101
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Salad_Fork Raven_Grytviken
« Reply #317 on: April 17, 2016, 07:56:13 pm »
+1
You all have to realize if this is truly the nail in the coffin for NA cRPG; that it was truly dead a long time ago. Allowing people to break rules is never the answer even if they are the "last 20 people." Smoothrich shouldn't be muted.

Sure but there are other admins that would have handled this better, banning half the server for a month is just overkill, there are some people who actually want to play the game, not just run around on a naked peasant with a stick leeching and banning people.

Offline Voncrow

• Earl
  • Renown: 474
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • No honour in retreat
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sovereign Kingdom of Thirdarrel
  • Game nicks: Voncrow, Bane, Velcrow
« Reply #318 on: April 17, 2016, 09:27:43 pm »
Sure but there are other admins that would have handled this better, banning half the server for a month is just overkill, there are some people who actually want to play the game, not just run around on a naked peasant with a stick leeching and banning people.

Desire lowered the banned to 2 days on the conditions that they receive harsher punishments if they do it again.
'The only people who might be put off M:BG by the current state of cRPG would be cRPG players, and we don't want that kind of scum in M:BG anyway.' - Heskey

Offline Grytviken

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: April 17, 2016, 09:41:21 pm »
Desire lowered the banned to 2 days on the conditions that they receive harsher punishments if they do it again.

Yea because of admins with common sense speaking up the punishment was reduced. He is a loose cannon, way too ban-happy, leeches on the NA server when he does play and has no problem brocoding but never holds back at the opportunity to ban on sight rather then dish out a reasonable punishment, not the kind of admin we need right now.

Alot of people probably won't be back because of this, personally I don't play strat and was not there when this happened, but I have heard/known about Desire's powerhappy streaks for a long time and have always been against people like this having admin powers. Now we have 3 guilds who will not play anymore because of this when there just could have been a mass mute. The servers will be empty because he really had to dish out the severest punishment just to prove a point, even though it was reverted everyone knows it wasn't because he wanted to, he could care less if the whole server is banned and noone is playing.

Offline Voncrow

• Earl
  • Renown: 474
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • No honour in retreat
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sovereign Kingdom of Thirdarrel
  • Game nicks: Voncrow, Bane, Velcrow
« Reply #320 on: April 18, 2016, 12:36:31 am »
Yea because of admins with common sense speaking up the punishment was reduced. He is a loose cannon, way too ban-happy, leeches on the NA server when he does play and has no problem brocoding but never holds back at the opportunity to ban on sight rather then dish out a reasonable punishment, not the kind of admin we need right now.

Alot of people probably won't be back because of this, personally I don't play strat and was not there when this happened, but I have heard/known about Desire's powerhappy streaks for a long time and have always been against people like this having admin powers. Now we have 3 guilds who will not play anymore because of this when there just could have been a mass mute. The servers will be empty because he really had to dish out the severest punishment just to prove a point, even though it was reverted everyone knows it wasn't because he wanted to, he could care less if the whole server is banned and noone is playing.

If people won't be back because they were banned for breaking the rules, then I don't see the problem with that. The rules are set in place for a reason, it's to make crpg a better place. You can say that people should man up and deal with it all you want, but being nasty and racist online just makes it a worse place in general. I don't think the chat rules are put in place because some people are incapable of handling what people will say over the internet. It's because banning that sort of behavior makes c-RPG a better place in general. We can allow people who spout racism and insults telling people to kill themselves, or we can mute and ban them to make the place better in general.

I don't know if desire muted and then quickly escalated to bans, but it's obvious that people weren't getting the message if there are twenty people banned. People don't learn from mutes, this is obvious since when someone is muted, almost always someone else takes up the mantle. This is what happened and is why people got banned. The initial mute or ban (I don't know which) was a warning, the other people ignored the warning and so were punished more severely. The only problem I have with the ban itself is the length, but desire said in the unban thread herself that it was a temporary measure.

Quote from: Desire
I approved of it temporarily waiting for a response from Dupre, Artyem agreed he deserved no special treatment for being an admin and has requested full duration of the punishment provided that he deserves.
(http://forum.melee.org/na-(official)/unban-everyone-banned-in-northern-empire-v-brd-strat-fight/msg1221398/#msg1221398)

As for Desire being a loose cannon, I don't know where you heard that, but I've seen different. It's rare for me to see Desire ban someone unless their are breaking the rules, and if they are it's usually a veteran player who already knows the rules. In fact it's usually repeat offenders who break the rules in my experience, big shocker there. Whats even more shocking is people dislike Desire for being an active admin, we all know how much the community loves admin who uphold the rules. So with that sarcasm aside, I doubt who ever told you Desire was a loose cannon was painting an accurate picture. The most curious thing you complained about is Desire's apparent leeching. Leeching isn't spawning in with cloth weapons and a stick, if spawning in with shitty equipment was leeching, Arys, FrugFrug, FarmBob and many other peasant players of different notoriety would be considered leechers as well. As for brocoding, I would say I rarely see Desire brocode, but maybe she picked up new habits since my playtime has died down.

Finally I will say that the two other admins involved are Dr. Device and Artyem. Artyem being one of the players involved probably shouldn't be one of the decision makers for the ban because of that and Dr. Device wasn't there so I don't know if he can throw his weight in without knowing the details. The only input he offered against the bans is that it should be allowed because of the number of players involved. Which I'd agree isn't a good reason to not ban people because it encourages trolls and chat abuse which I believe hurts the mod even more in the long run. I think the worst part is that most to all of the people banned are veteran players who should know better, but they decided to break the rules anyway because they believed they knew better than the admins or any one else. That is the kind of behavior that kills a mod. Ok my rant is done.
'The only people who might be put off M:BG by the current state of cRPG would be cRPG players, and we don't want that kind of scum in M:BG anyway.' - Heskey

Offline Grytviken

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: April 18, 2016, 12:53:00 am »
+2
If people won't be back because they were banned for breaking the rules, then I don't see the problem with that. The rules are set in place for a reason, it's to make crpg a better place. You can say that people should man up and deal with it all you want, but being nasty and racist online just makes it a worse place in general. I don't think the chat rules are put in place because some people are incapable of handling what people will say over the internet. It's because banning that sort of behavior makes c-RPG a better place in general. We can allow people who spout racism and insults telling people to kill themselves, or we can mute and ban them to make the place better in general.

I don't know if desire muted and then quickly escalated to bans, but it's obvious that people weren't getting the message if there are twenty people banned. People don't learn from mutes, this is obvious since when someone is muted, almost always someone else takes up the mantle. This is what happened and is why people got banned. The initial mute or ban (I don't know which) was a warning, the other people ignored the warning and so were punished more severely. The only problem I have with the ban itself is the length, but desire said in the unban thread herself that it was a temporary measure.
(http://forum.melee.org/na-(official)/unban-everyone-banned-in-northern-empire-v-brd-strat-fight/msg1221398/#msg1221398)

As for Desire being a loose cannon, I don't know where you heard that, but I've seen different. It's rare for me to see Desire ban someone unless their are breaking the rules, and if they are it's usually a veteran player who already knows the rules. In fact it's usually repeat offenders who break the rules in my experience, big shocker there. Whats even more shocking is people dislike Desire for being an active admin, we all know how much the community loves admin who uphold the rules. So with that sarcasm aside, I doubt who ever told you Desire was a loose cannon was painting an accurate picture. The most curious thing you complained about is Desire's apparent leeching. Leeching isn't spawning in with cloth weapons and a stick, if spawning in with shitty equipment was leeching, Arys, FrugFrug, FarmBob and many other peasant players of different notoriety would be considered leechers as well. As for brocoding, I would say I rarely see Desire brocode, but maybe she picked up new habits since my playtime has died down.

Finally I will say that the two other admins involved are Dr. Device and Artyem. Artyem being one of the players involved probably shouldn't be one of the decision makers for the ban because of that and Dr. Device wasn't there so I don't know if he can throw his weight in without knowing the details. The only input he offered against the bans is that it should be allowed because of the number of players involved. Which I'd agree isn't a good reason to not ban people because it encourages trolls and chat abuse which I believe hurts the mod even more in the long run. I think the worst part is that most to all of the people banned are veteran players who should know better, but they decided to break the rules anyway because they believed they knew better than the admins or any one else. That is the kind of behavior that kills a mod. Ok my rant is done.

You are over dramatizing what was an obvious trolling aimed at Desire for being a hot headed admin, he clearly could have muted everyone, instead he egged them on  in admin chat causing the "mob mentality". Any competent admin would have just passed out mutes, kicked etc before ruining a strat battle and causing more than half the server's pop to quit the game.

Have fun with your weeboo admin that pretends to be a girl while the server is totally empty.

Offline xxkaliboyx

• Earl
  • Renown: 318
  • Infamy: 104
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Deserter_Merrrrrica
« Reply #322 on: April 18, 2016, 01:10:05 am »
+1
  You are over dramatizing what was an obvious trolling aimed at Desire for being a hot headed admin, he clearly could have muted everyone, instead he egged them on  in admin chat causing the "mob mentality". Any competent admin would have just passed out mutes, kicked etc before ruining a strat battle and causing more than half the server's pop to quit the game.

Have fun with your weeboo admin that pretends to be a girl while the server is totally empty.

Why should any of the people ban get special treatment? Because they are active in Crpg? Because they have admins as clanmates/friends? Because they are the most vocal? When I try to appeal my 1 week ban, I got a backlash from hell and was told to take it from some of these same people crying about a 2 day ban. The way I see is 2 day ban is not QQ worthy shit, take it and stfu and any admins caught in the ban should lose admins privileges ASAP. They are suppose to know better than even the veterans. Obviously admins not fit to admin.

By the way Desire been banning initially for 1-3 months until she get advise from other admins. This is not a new practice they been doing this for a while. Quit crying about it. 2 days lol.

Also voncrow, I just want to punch you in the dick.
Deserter_Merrrrrica

Offline Grytviken

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: April 18, 2016, 01:39:46 am »
+4
Why should any of the people ban get special treatment? Because they are active in Crpg? Because they have admins as clanmates/friends? Because they are the most vocal? When I try to appeal my 1 week ban, I got a backlash from hell and was told to take it from some of these same people crying about a 2 day ban. The way I see is 2 day ban is not QQ worthy shit, take it and stfu and any admins caught in the ban should lose admins privileges ASAP. They are suppose to know better than even the veterans. Obviously admins not fit to admin.

By the way Desire been banning initially for 1-3 months until she get advise from other admins. This is not a new practice they been doing this for a while. Quit crying about it. 2 days lol.

Also voncrow, I just want to punch you in the dick.

I didn't get banned I'm not crying, I'm saying this admin is killing the server and should be removed because he has no common sense. The fact that he banned half the server for a whole month after egging them on in chat is really dumb. Any other admin would have just muted for chat abuse especially with these low pops, now we got 3 guilds who probably won't come back. You probably deserved your ban because you were disrupting gameplay, either way i'm not here to argue about bans and whether yours was justified. I don't think Desire should be an admin anymore, no other admin has to ban half the server to keep order, he lacks all common sense so there's just no need, it can only do more harm than good at this point.

Offline Damatacus_ATS

• Knight
  • Renown: 76
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: April 18, 2016, 02:09:52 am »
+4
He just put the last nail in the coffin of NA CRPG. Now Desire e peen can shrivel with no fellow gamers to lord over. And your argument for why this was justified is just shit.

Offline Nightingale

• Balancer
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: April 18, 2016, 06:42:13 am »
  I didn't get banned I'm not crying, I'm saying this admin is killing the server and should be removed because he has no common sense. The fact that he banned half the server for a whole month after egging them on in chat is really dumb. Any other admin would have just muted for chat abuse especially with these low pops, now we got 3 guilds who probably won't come back. You probably deserved your ban because you were disrupting gameplay, either way i'm not here to argue about bans and whether yours was justified. I don't think Desire should be an admin anymore, no other admin has to ban half the server to keep order, he lacks all common sense so there's just no need, it can only do more harm than good at this point.

I banned 9 people for 30 days, which was reduced to 2 days in the end. You're being over dramatic and probably only posting now because it is popular to disagree with me at the moment. Farming for upvotes I understand and that is okay. If people wanted to not be banned they should not break the rules. I can't "overreact" and ban people if they don't break the rules. That is the unfortunate truth that everyone is failing to comprehend. I get it though it is easier to blame the admin that unbiasedly enforced the rules than the players themselves. That is also the more popular approach and has always has been.

Clearly mutes would have solved nothing. Kicks would have solved nothing. it would have only succeeded in making more people join in on the "lol lets break rules riot"

They didn't respond to increasing severity; in fact, they showed quite clearly they don't care. If you think mutes would have been the better option then you are literally retarded.

I will continue to enforce the rules exactly the same way I always have. The only people that get "harsh" bans are people that disregard several warnings in advance and continue to do something they were explicitly told not to do. (see all bans over 2 to 3  days I even post my system for everyone to see.)

Anyone and everyone that has worked with me on my bans in the past knows full and well simply talking to me about the situation goes a long way. Crying and creating a scene will do nothing. Except in this situation because other admins are involved in the ban too lol. I would have gladly kept the 30 day ban on 9 people up to the full duration they completely deserved it. As for the people hit by the more warning bans would have been unbanned the moment they asked. Me being a glass cannon is entirely false but there is no use in me even mentioning this as it is entirely an opinion and like most opinions it is unfounded and largely based on hear-say or misunderstanding due to lack of factual information.

Again if this was the last nail in the coffin good riddance. I don't care if this game dies. If this is it then it has been over for a very very long time.

Offline Porthos

• Marshall
  • Renown: 779
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • The February Patch Survivor
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hello Kitty Clan (aka 'Clan For Fun')
  • Game nicks: Porthos_Woodstock, InvasionOfGiganticLANDCRABS, Random_Nobody, cRPG_Addict and many more
« Reply #326 on: April 18, 2016, 06:56:37 am »
+7
I don't care if this game dies.
Yea, that's some really nice mindset for being an admin.
<=== thanks to Tiny_Glancer <3 (never click on that image)
I'm not sure if ships are ingame
You Can't Kill Me

Offline Nightingale

• Balancer
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: April 18, 2016, 07:07:39 am »
Yea, that's some really nice mindset for being an admin.

Yeah, it's a good quote totally didn't miss the point of the entire post.

Offline Sparvico

• Marshall
  • Renown: 976
  • Infamy: 174
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Steam ID: Sparvico
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mossbacks
  • Game nicks: Sparvico et al.
« Reply #328 on: April 18, 2016, 07:52:11 am »
+14
Clearly mutes would have solved nothing. Kicks would have solved nothing. it would have only succeeded in making more people join in on the "lol lets break rules riot"

They didn't respond to increasing severity; in fact, they showed quite clearly they don't care. If you think mutes would have been the better option then you are literally retarded.

Mutes would in fact have solved the situation, a player literally cannot type "friend" in chat if they are muted. If they evade the mute than a short ban to punish that would have also sufficed. The situation escalated because you decided to increase the severity of the punishment without the actual committed offense also increasing in severity.

Increasing the severity of a punishment in the case of multiple consecutive offenses from independent individuals based solely upon the order in which they participated in the offense is asinine. It's a philosophy that is totally counter to the retributive justice system that is common place in American society. Mutes absolutely would have been the better option and the fact that you are incapable of admitting any fault is mind boggling to me.

Again if this was the last nail in the coffin good riddance. I don't care if this game dies. If this is it then it has been over for a very very long time.

This statement clearly shows that you have no business exercising your admin powers in this community. If you're not interested in the longevity of the mod than you should remove yourself from the community instead of "nailing up the coffin".
Mossback_Westwood: "I swear 2 my semitic God if you give me this bundle of sticks's address I'll cut off his ear and eat it"

Offline Oreo

• Count
  • Renown: 163
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: April 18, 2016, 08:13:00 am »
+2
"I even post my system for everyone to see."

This Admin makes up his/her own rules?