Author Topic: Increase Riding Requirements for most Horses  (Read 5397 times)

Offline Cepeshi

• Earl
  • Renown: 467
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
  • Relax, it is just a life...
    • View Profile
    • Wanna work with me? Ping for more info!
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Fapulena, Useless
  • IRC nick: Cepeshi
Re: Increase Riding Requirements for most Horses
« Reply #60 on: January 03, 2013, 12:15:28 pm »
+2
Right now it is far too easy to hybrid into cavalry without giving up anything in your melee build so that when you are dismounted you might as well be pure infantry which is incredibly unbalanced for obvious reasons.

(click to show/hide)

What I suggest is you having to dedicate alot more to riding in your build to use any good horses and to that end I think these are more fair Riding Requirements for horses:

Sumpter - 3 Riding Requirement
Rouncey/Palfrey/Steppe/Desert - 6 Riding Requirement
Destrier/Arabian/Courser - 7 Riding Requirement
All the Armoured Horses - 8 Riding Requirement

Cavalry should be as big an investment as archery in my opinion, instead of something you can throw 5 points into and gain a HUGE benefit with basically no drawbacks.
This also makes Heavy Cavalry alot more balanced in that they have to dedicate alot more into AGI thus making them easier to kill for all classes (but especially for archers who aim for rider and not horse which should be encouraged)

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #61 on: January 03, 2013, 03:30:03 pm »
Well I am an agi cav and wouldnt be effected,  true.  But the fun horses will be locked away from anyone with a normal build. Not cool.  Clarified or still doesnt make sense to you?

seriously 18/18 @30 and you can ride a rouncey.  awesome.
The fun horses as in the brokenly op lol-onehit bump destrier? The (at 3+) insanely agile arabian which is most likely the second best horse? The courser that is only really good for spawnraping?
While I personally do believe making Palfrey, steppe horses, and rounceys five riding and keeping the desert 6 riding would make more sense then I overall do not see the problem with these changes.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #62 on: January 03, 2013, 03:37:01 pm »
+3
The fun horses as in the brokenly op lol-onehit bump destrier? The (at 3+) insanely agile arabian which is most likely the second best horse? The courser that is only really good for spawnraping?
While I personally do believe making Palfrey, steppe horses, and rounceys five riding and keeping the desert 6 riding would make more sense then I overall do not see the problem with these changes.

Warhorses aren't good enough to warrant an 8 riding requirement. Destrier is arguably the best horse in the game and could have its requirement upped to 6 at least.
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 03, 2013, 03:51:13 pm »
Warhorses aren't good enough to warrant an 8 riding requirement. Destrier is arguably the best horse in the game and could have its requirement upped to 6 at least.
I agree about the warhorses (large and normal warhorse could use 7 like the destrier but anything above that in price sucks hard) but fuck, I think they're mean to be unusable, just look at the random high price.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #64 on: January 03, 2013, 03:54:13 pm »
The armored horses suck dick.  The 3 best horses in the game are destrier, courser and arabian.  I'd ride the arabian if it didn't have 7 riding requirement. 

I'd rage pretty hard if they changed the riding requirements being that I'm at level 33 and never wanted to retire/respec again.  And I'm not alone.  The game has lost a healthy amount of people over the years by fucking up the requirements of equipment and then not giving people a free respec (at least those affected).

My bro (TommyHu) quit for at least 2 months, probably closer to 3 or 4 when they changed the riding requirement of the courser from 4 to 6 (which was a good change and much needed), but it completely fucked over his build which was built for only needing 4 riding and he was at level 33 or 34.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 - Stolen from Macropussy

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 03, 2013, 04:03:45 pm »
Pretty sure some dev said that if you go over 31 and your build is turned to shit it's your own fault for going over 31, at least you'd get a title and 3 points now.

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #66 on: January 03, 2013, 04:09:41 pm »
+2

so you think one has to be a specialized no-life nerd to enjoy an armored horse,  or an unarmored that is of any use? people posting in this forum are too familiar with the game to actually take normal casual players into account. 

destroying the possibility of str staking cav is one thing,  doing it on the shoulders of casual players is another,  and not good for the mod. 

still think the str stalking would become less with the new wpf system.
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 03, 2013, 04:11:59 pm »
+1
so you think one has to be a specialized no-life nerd to enjoy an armored horse,  or an unarmored that is of any use? people posting in this forum are too familiar with the game to actually take normal casual players into account. 
If being a specialized no-life nerd means having an agi build in c-rpg, then yes.

Offline oprah_winfrey

• Marshall
  • Renown: 808
  • Infamy: 196
  • cRPG Player
  • Now look under your seat...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: JABONRA
  • Game nicks: Egan
« Reply #68 on: January 03, 2013, 04:14:06 pm »
It may be worth noting that basically all of the horses that bad player has at 6 riding when loomed are currently a non loomed one we have now.

+3 Steppe Horse=+0 Arabian
+3 rouncey=+0 Destrier
+3 Palfrey=+0 courser

Offline Tovi

• Earl
  • Renown: 387
  • Infamy: 251
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: OdE
  • Game nicks: KrisTovi
« Reply #69 on: January 03, 2013, 05:01:12 pm »
+3 Desert Horse is slightly better than arabian.

Offline Equal

• Earl
  • Renown: 344
  • Infamy: 24
  • Secretly not gay
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Equal
« Reply #70 on: January 03, 2013, 07:43:58 pm »
+2
I actually kind of like the idea of making riding a 1 skill per 2 agility rather than 3. Then you could raise the riding requirements across the board so people need to sink 9-10 skill points to use a good horse, while they're builds would stay roughly the same.

Still should offer a respec imo.

Offline Hobb

• Earl
  • Renown: 489
  • Infamy: 96
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
« Reply #71 on: January 03, 2013, 08:14:29 pm »
+2
Riding reqs should have been upped for a long time now. Idk if 8 for the heavy horses is a good thing, i would to see all but 1-2 at 6 and have a few getted buffed stats n moved to 7. The courser/destrier should be 7.

I have a pretty unique perspective because of my build and my brother habbs. When we are both in the server, we always post KDs and valour farming scores despite our major build differences.

My build more or less represents the current system of a high lvl player who gets many cav kills and still is perfectly able to do fine on the ground. At 34 i have 6ps/if snd 7ath/riding. But even at 30 i had a complete 18-18 build.

But my brother Habb is a dedicated cataphract lancer with 0 if/ath and he just got 5ps at 33. He has 9 riding and 9wm with over 170 polearm wpf. Even with the heavy lance nerf he can 1shot a mail armor guy going full speed. Hes useless on the ground, but if he keeps his horse alive he scores just as well as any hybrid cav. If this WPF weapon master rework is any help to agi builds at all, his build is gona even more effective as well

I like the suggestion because it will nerf the hybrid cav who crutch off the good horses, but its still viable to do a full lancer build and be just as good.

I always thought a true hybrid cav should be forced to be a high level. Meaning they need lots of gold for upkeep and everyone knows they must be lvl 33 or 34 with lots of wealth,Crpg knights.

Also @ smoothriches posts

I would love a all good polearms and greatswords to be 3 slots inc lances. However giving the horse 1 invetory slot would go really well with this. So no more lance and long hafted spiked mace or great sword, but lance/shield/1h is still possible and this is a nice buff to HA. Yet, the added slot is a forced 1 slot item so you cant have a longsword for your backup as a lancer. When the horse goes down, the item it had gets dropped.

Offline Ujin

• King
  • Renown: 1057
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 04, 2013, 12:50:06 am »
+5
Seems like many some american players don't appreciate simple things like variety and fun. Some people here suggest such harsh and ridiculous nerfs than it's easier to just divide the whole cRPG character lvling system into strict native-like classes. 

Stay.Away.From.Balancing.Please

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #73 on: January 04, 2013, 12:55:41 am »
+3
selling/trading a +3 Destrier.  Best horse in game,  so I´ve heard.
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

Offline Malaclypse

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 146
  • In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 04, 2013, 01:57:51 am »
+1
An alternative to cavalry balance would be to make it much easier for other classes to hybrid at the level of a Cavalry/Infantry hybrid, I suppose (being able to do so while retaining massive STR/PS benefits, I mean).
You think you're pretty smart with your dago mustache and your greasy hair.