Author Topic: Increase Riding Requirements for most Horses  (Read 5424 times)

Offline Hunter_the_Honourable

• Count
  • Renown: 229
  • Infamy: 178
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Killing fairy riders for the good of cRPG.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Anti-fairy riders.
Re: Increase Riding Requirements for most Horses
« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2013, 08:16:46 pm »
Only problem with cav that I can see is that the destrier is slightly OP. It's an armoured horse, without the armour. But better.

True, but can't be worse then a fairy horse, or as I also refer to them as "arabian poledancers."  :wink:
How can you trust People?
They are Humans
I never trust Humans.

Offline Artyem

• King
  • Renown: 1218
  • Infamy: 264
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • SODOM Shaman
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul / Raven / SODOMY
  • Game nicks: Artyem
« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2013, 09:14:58 pm »
I actually agree with this, heavy armored war horses weren't cheap or easy to ride and even if you aren't going for Realism, I highly doubt a race horse should take more training to ride than a fucking war horse.

Riding can easily be added on to a build (21/15 is pretty simple for that) allowing for a cataphract with 7 PS.  Grab your MW DGS and your MW heavy lance / lance and you're set.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sordida asinum latronibus sumus

Offline Tigero

• Knight
  • Renown: 57
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player
  • Respecer, Dictator of holy virginal defenders
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 02, 2013, 09:16:23 pm »
My suggestion is: Make riding skill require 2 agi per level, then raise horse difficulties in a proper way, then you need more points to spend on riding to become a dedicated cavarly, and still some dedication to become a hybrid.

The humor might be fun for u, but it is fun on behalf of others.

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 02, 2013, 09:27:31 pm »
Soo you want to make lances 3 slots? I'm a pure polearm and nearly all my weapons (apart from really low tier ones like the staff) are two slots so you want to FORCE me to respec and go inf or 1h lancer cav? No offense but that is so unbelievably stupid! this is very very clearly an NA problem and making lances 3 slots is not the solution to anything at all. I really really hope that no dev listens to this because this is beyond crazy.  :?

then don't spawn on a horse if you want to use a top tier polearm as infantry.  or you can bring a quarter staff or shortened spear as a 1 slot backup polearm.  or you can try war spear or hafted blade cav (its fun).

this is the same penalty archers and arbalesters have and they are much weaker classes than lance cav.  you think its stupid because you are using an OP class with an OP build and don't want it nerfed.  its not an NA or EU problem, its just balancing.
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 02, 2013, 09:29:24 pm »
+1
then don't spawn on a horse if you want to use a top tier polearm as infantry.  or you can bring a quarter staff or shortened spear as a 1 slot backup polearm.  or you can try war spear or hafted blade cav (its fun).

this is the same penalty archers and arbalesters have and they are much weaker classes than cav.  you think its stupid because you are using an OP class with an OP build and don't want it nerfed.  its not an NA or EU problem, its just balancing.

Polearms OP? LOL you're funny  :lol: So I'm in the wrong for going a pure build? nice real nice. Either way I don't care because I really hope this wont be added and will just be ignored like all the other cav nerf threads out there.
They are Humans
I never trust Humans.

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 02, 2013, 09:34:42 pm »
+2
Polearms OP? LOL you're funny  :lol: So I'm in the wrong for going a pure build? nice real nice. Either way I don't care because I really hope this wont be added and will just be ignored like all the other cav nerf threads out there.

You aren't a pure build.  You're lancer cav/infantry hybrid.  You get to spawn on a horse with the best lance and the best polearm of your choice every round with a barely gimped statwise build with two lives and exceptionally high impact on winning a round due to the nature of cavalry.

Most comparable hybrids to versatility are the ranged/melee classes.  This is why the 1 slot regular crossbow is OP as well, you can bring top-tier infantry weapons for hardly any skill points or drawback and the crossbow has excellent stats.

2 slot ranged weapons + ammo slot (3 slots) with 1 slot melee weapon makes sense, but is underpowered in comparison.  Especially with the PD and WM requirement of archery, so they suffer from slots and skill points.  The lances offer WAY more killing power for 2 slots then these ranged classes get with 3 slots at the cost of riding skill only.
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline BADPLAYER_old2

• Earl
  • Renown: 360
  • Infamy: 235
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Not a Bad player
« Reply #36 on: January 02, 2013, 09:42:10 pm »
+1
No offense but that is so unbelievably stupid! this is very very clearly an NA problem

Because all the EU cavalry are bad compared to the majority of them on NA (mostly).

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 02, 2013, 09:46:42 pm »
+2
Best lance? I use the heavy lance and since that got Nerfed its not the best lance anymore. Second if I get dehorsed near a group of people I'm pretty much dead before I stand, also I don't spawn and play as my horse then respawn as my character on the spot (I know you mean I can just get up and carry on playing but read above and you will see my point.) Plus cav are not made for head on fights with infantry on cRPG (atleast not against 2handers) cav are a support class just like hoplites and archers, They have their pluses and minuses just like all classes.

At the end of the day this is a problem NA players are having not EU so I can't really debate about it as I don't play on NA and even if I did I have a different mentality and play style then NA players. So I'm going to leave this up to the NA cav players to decide/debate on it.

Because all the EU cavalry are bad compared to the majority of them on NA (mostly).

Until you play on a sever where you and EU cav have equal ping you cannot claim that.
They are Humans
I never trust Humans.

Offline BADPLAYER_old2

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 02, 2013, 09:50:45 pm »
+7
Until you play on a sever where you and EU cav have equal ping you cannot claim that.

lmao

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 02, 2013, 09:52:07 pm »
lmao

Let me guess you also have the biggest dicks, guns, nukes, brains penuts and everything else you can think of. I really can't see how people can/will take you serious when you just come across as some classic egotastic American.  :?
They are Humans
I never trust Humans.

Offline Malaclypse

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 146
  • In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 02, 2013, 09:56:06 pm »
+4
Let me guess you also have the biggest dicks, guns, nukes, brains penuts and everything else you can think of. I really can't see how people can/will take you serious when you just come across as some classic egotastic American.  :?

BADPLAYER is EU, he just plays NA primarily (with the high ping that comes with that).
You think you're pretty smart with your dago mustache and your greasy hair.

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #41 on: January 02, 2013, 09:56:14 pm »

he is referring to a gk tournament NAs won despite their ping.  it was close enough to say that good cav= good cav,  but still win is win and the epeen rights go to them ; )

also bad is eu playing on NA
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 02, 2013, 09:58:47 pm »
Well he acts like his from NA, and I never see him on EU servers (although I hardly play EU1)
They are Humans
I never trust Humans.

Offline BADPLAYER_old2

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 02, 2013, 10:02:53 pm »
+1
I don't play on EU much but the times I do I notice the standard of cavalry is WAY worse, for the best players and for just the average cav player. Whenever I play cavalry in EU strategus battles too the only person who comes close to me as cavalry DRZ_Naduril and i'm not even very good at cavalry anymore.

EU has better ranged NA has better cavalry, it is known- but just because your cavalry doesn't utilize the best and most OP cav builds doesn't mean they don't deserve to be nerfed.

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #44 on: January 02, 2013, 10:08:11 pm »
+1
NA had way better cav when I played primarely over there for a month as a horsethrower, but their archers (all other ranged was better on NA though) were so hilariously bad that I could beat most of them at range with my throwing lances, guys like Aderyn who are among thier best are barely average in EU.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.