Author Topic: Ranged gime cRPG back plz :/  (Read 7976 times)

Offline Cepeshi

• Earl
  • Renown: 467
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
  • Relax, it is just a life...
    • View Profile
    • Wanna work with me? Ping for more info!
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Fapulena, Useless
  • IRC nick: Cepeshi
Re: Ranged gime cRPG back plz :/
« Reply #45 on: December 31, 2012, 04:03:54 pm »
+1
The Fallen Archer Squad is creating a lot of rage =/

long time since this was the case man, more talking about druzhina nerds and byzanticunts

Offline donib

• Count
  • Renown: 295
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player
  • Slow money, slow problems
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Donib
« Reply #46 on: December 31, 2012, 04:06:38 pm »
+1
well the problem is: whenever you are trying to get a formation, all that infantery (lets not say 2handers again) gets bored and just leaves the group to die one by one. they dont even think about waiting a good moment or charging in one group while attacking the enemy while he's seperated, no they just walk up the main group or totally split up.

That is true, it is always the lone wolves he get picked off first and by the time you have no one left to kill their infantry.

I dont think archery needs a nerf, you can keep nerfing until everyone is a 2h but that wouldnt make the game any better. Right now it seems people like to be archer, and one single archer is no problem but a hill full of them is. Nerfing the class wouldnt solve the problem. And i think it also heavily depends on the maps and their layouts.
The most simple solution is a limit to class x, or limit a specific weapon but that would also be unfair for people.

Maybe they need to make good throwing hybrids more atractive, so that every infantry man can have like 3 throwing axes or knives to throw at the ranged instead of chasing them without really hindering the normal 2h or 1h builds as they are now.

If you ever played chivalry you might get the idea, because the vanguard class always has some limited ranged weapons.

Offline Pejlaen

• Count
  • Renown: 297
  • Infamy: 74
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Pejlaen
« Reply #47 on: December 31, 2012, 04:17:33 pm »
+3
*Implement volleys: Just as with the shieldwall, archers should benefit from standing in formation and using their class in unity. how about this?
1.While standing in firing line your reticule only expands as most to 50% of what it was when its the most accurate.
2. If there were to be ranks, so that for example any archer with rank 5 or above can plant a banner which creates the area where the volley features will be used in. To join in, there could be a similar thing as with the battalion system, and once picked, just get to the area and you are in.
3. The one who planted the banner also has a firing command, with an animation and voice screaming "fire". Every arrow released within 2 seconds of his command will give you 1 score point.

How to make Archery easy to learn - hard to master

If you have just recently started playing as an archer, standing in line with other archers and accomplishing a common goal seem to be something realisticly obtainable. That way, there is always a place for you to be effective for your team, you do not have to be an hardcore/top noch archer that jumps out of the way of cav while headshotting them to be effective for your team.

The one thing I can think of on how to make it more easy to learn - hard to master is to improve the hitboxes. A plate wearer should have very good protection from arrows that is not specifically designed to bring him down. It should take skilled or lucky shooting to hit the weaknesses of his armor and take him down.
Easy to learn: Being an average archer with average shooting skills, being able to kill enemies wearing low or medium armor, and staying back in the archer ranks firing volleys.
Hard to master: Having the ability to shoot and wound/kill any enemy and also being effective on your own outside the Volley zone.

Also, if there were a certain stationary zone for the archers to get the benefits, I doubt that the melee fighters that wish to engage in melee with the enemies melee units will have the same interference of ranged into their duels/fights since there wont be as many stray arrows flying from every directions.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Those^are some suggestions on how to make archery more tolerable on the servers that were proposed a while ago.

If it was implemented I think that this could occur;

1. There is an general location for the majority of the ranged in an team, which means that infantry wont have to worry nearly as much of getting shot in the back, or unexpectedly from the sides when fighting.
2. It adds teamplay for ranged, and it will most likely put the ranged on a greater distance from where the infantry will clash, since I imagine the volley-zone would prefferably be put up as fast as possible in a round, and therefore not to far away from your spawn.
3. It will reduce the amount of situations where an archer turns up a few metres/feet away from you, and you feel like it's pointless to try since he brought a gun to the fight, and you didn't.
4. Haboe realized that this could mean that pikers might stay back in the archery line to ward off cav, which also is a nice addition in teamplay.
5. Shielders wont be shot from every direction and can maintain their block much easier, + just imagine when your shieldwall advances and pushes through to the archer lines.

I get that things like improving the hitboxes is probably very very hard to code, but this; best way of balancing archery to make it easy to learn - hard to master is to improve the hitboxes. A plate wearer should have very good protection from arrows that is not specifically designed to bring him down. It should take skilled or lucky shooting to hit the weaknesses of his armor and take him down.
Easy to learn: Being an average archer with average shooting skills, being able to kill enemies wearing low or medium armor, and staying back in the archer ranks firing volleys.
Hard to master: Having the ability to shoot and wound/kill any enemy and also being effective on your own outside the Volley zone.
would probably balance out alot, and imo it would be so freaking glorious xd
skilled individuals, putting them together can create a very deadly and effective team.

The bow, it represents, that a skilled archer can pick a mighty man at arms off from a distance.

Offline _GTX_

• I <3 Shemaforash
  • Duke
  • Renown: 535
  • Infamy: 960
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • O===((:::::::::::::::>
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmarunionen
  • Game nicks: GTX
  • IRC nick: GTX
« Reply #48 on: December 31, 2012, 04:24:43 pm »
+4
Wow i read everything..... then i check back and 3 more pages just popped out. This thread blew up suddenly.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
« Reply #49 on: December 31, 2012, 04:28:32 pm »
+2
How to make Archery easy to learn - hard to master

If you have just recently started playing as an archer, standing in line with other archers and accomplishing a common goal seem to be something realisticly obtainable. That way, there is always a place for you to be effective for your team, you do not have to be an hardcore/top noch archer that jumps out of the way of cav while headshotting them to be effective for your team.

this :D  There are very few elite archers on eu1. Ive just started as an archer and hitting a wiggling target is maybe 1/4 chance at best :( However standing next to my team mates and all shooting at the same guy usually ends up as a dead 2h hero

one thing that makes volly fire on eu1 pretty effective is that the infantry are packed in a mob so tight you cant actually miss, your going to hit something if you fire at a mob that dense
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline Angantyr

• King
  • Renown: 1134
  • Infamy: 130
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 31, 2012, 05:22:34 pm »
+2
Formation bonus to archers as has been suggested many times would really make for a positive change, I think.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #51 on: December 31, 2012, 06:02:00 pm »
I remember hearing talks about this in regards to strategus, just like how shielders get a shield bonus for being in formation.
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Adamar

• He who doesn't want to be labelled
  • Earl
  • Renown: 422
  • Infamy: 319
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 31, 2012, 06:08:48 pm »
Idk, grouped archers where always pretty effective and the source of the most anti-ranged hatred. I think it's the individual archer that needs to be effective.

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
« Reply #53 on: December 31, 2012, 06:09:55 pm »
+1
infantry is the meat of the mod. If there are too many archers and cav they kill it like bloodsucking little mosquitos.

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline jtobiasm

• Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 328
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Tobi
« Reply #54 on: December 31, 2012, 06:18:15 pm »
Why don't you put points into shield skill? That way you can still play 2h but you'll be able to pick up a shield and chase archers?
Use your brain instead of moaning on the forums. If you don't wanna use a shield, play for safe, cos as I can remember 70% of your team ran to the hill without cover.

Edit: knew you would - me cos you know I'm right.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2012, 07:15:45 pm by jtobiasm »

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #55 on: December 31, 2012, 06:24:09 pm »
infantry is the meat of the mod. If there are too many archers and cav they kill it like bloodsucking little mosquitos.

Who's to say what's "too many"?  Having 1/4 of a side with archers or 1/4 with cavalry is not too much to me.  When it starts getting close to 1/3 then it's a lot to counter/over-come in a public battle server.  But that gets into an issue with team balancing classes better, not with too many people being archer or cavalry...

Also, some people just complain there's "too many" archers or cavalry without changing their tactics even slightly.  That's a problem with your play style, not with anyone else.
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Macropus

• King
  • Renown: 1668
  • Infamy: 296
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Macropus
« Reply #56 on: December 31, 2012, 06:28:55 pm »
But, there is nothing more frustrating that getting triangulated by liek 3-4 decent ranged, you cannot do shit.
You're saying like you can do something against 3-4 decent melee, lol. Come on, people, that whine became boring long time ago...

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #57 on: December 31, 2012, 06:29:53 pm »
+9
There is an old adage that addresses this perfectly.

You took away their ability to win more than 2% of melee fights.

You took away their ability to maneuver against cavalry in the open field.

You took away their ability to bug out of a bad strategic position.

Now when they do what you forced them into doing, which is massing as a team on an elevated position as all archers have done through history, you come to complain that they simply exist and that you can't solo your way through them.

As was always your complaint and goal, to remove the class from the game.
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline pingpong

• Earl
  • Renown: 423
  • Infamy: 220
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 31, 2012, 06:42:26 pm »
SOLUTION: MAKE 3/41 13 athletics STF char, kite their arrows, asshit them as they run away = PROFIT

I killed like 3 arsers that way with my STF alt DAVID_BECKHAM, but im a shite player so a pro would probably slay them all.

Offline Penitent

• King
  • Renown: 1389
  • Infamy: 220
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Penitent_Turtler
« Reply #59 on: December 31, 2012, 06:43:32 pm »
+2
There is an old adage that addresses this perfectly.

You took away their ability to win more than 2% of melee fights.

You took away their ability to maneuver against cavalry in the open field.

You took away their ability to bug out of a bad strategic position.

Now when they do what you forced them into doing, which is massing as a team on an elevated position as all archers have done through history, you come to complain that they simply exist and that you can't solo your way through them.

As was always your complaint and goal, to remove the class from the game.

I created an guide for this topic a while back.  It's on the first page of the guides section.  You can do much more than just bring a shield...even though that helps immensely.

Nerfing everything over and over won't work...it will break things.