Author Topic: Ranged gime cRPG back plz :/  (Read 7957 times)

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
Re: Ranged gime cRPG back plz :/
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2012, 03:21:09 pm »
+3
the problem is people want to wear medium/light armour and run around with 2h swords and don't want to be shot or piked :P

one of the biggest things in crpg (mainly 2h heroes) is that people think that their class is the only fun/skilled one and everyone should play how they want them too :D
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2012, 03:22:45 pm »
+1
Remove the HP gain from STR, maybe even nerf IF + nerf the armor reduce factor (maybe buff soak, but many people don't like this) Voila, people actually start dying in less than 8 hits, melee is effective again, mod fixed.

Offline peter_afca7

• Count
  • Renown: 224
  • Infamy: 113
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BLABLA
  • Game nicks: BLABLABLA
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2012, 03:22:57 pm »
+2
just make sure the archers arent able to hit you.

cover, zigzag and just dont get in situations where they can shoot you from behind.
no offence but aren't you kinda only playing siege? cause the main problem is EU_1

Offline peter_afca7

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2012, 03:24:34 pm »
Remove the HP gain from STR, maybe even nerf IF + nerf the armor reduce factor (maybe buff soak, but many people don't like this) Voila, people actually start dying in less than 8 hits, melee is effective again, mod fixed.
nah just lose 2-3 HP with 1 PD so after 5 you dont really have much anymore and speed xD

Offline no_rules_just_play

• King
  • Renown: 1401
  • Infamy: 384
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE; Peasants United; Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: CapraAegagrusHircus_HRE; no_rules_just_play_HRE
  • IRC nick: norulesjustplay
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2012, 03:26:03 pm »
+2
It's a war game, a medieval war game.  Using archers was a valid tactic in war, for obvious reasons.  Heavy armor, shields, and cavalry were typically used to counter archers.  If archers were to get setup in a spot that was highly defensible, and hard for the enemy to reach, it would probably be a dumb idea to march up the hill to them and get picked off as you do.  Or protect your own team's archers/xbows so they can help you and shoot the enemy archers.

Your problem stems from your positioning, and your teammates tactics.  It's got nothing to do with the enemy using everything they can to kill your team. 

Grow up, take some responsibility for your actions, and try not to whine about a video game so much. 

You guys want to be able to run around and 2h rambo/hero everyone on the enemy team.   If it wasn't archers "ruining your fun" it'd be cavalry back stabbing you.  Sounds like you should go to the duel server, or play chivalry.
i totally agree, im a piker. my weapons are unsheathable, so i cant pick a shield. as i have to keep my weapon always in the 'ready to attack' position (because otherwise i will react to slow), i move extremely slow; this means im a very easy target for archers. However, i dont cry about the fact that i get shot from time to time, i just try to avoid being shot and i play smart, im not just brainless going to run away from my team like so many 2H

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2012, 03:27:15 pm »
+1
Not to say I don't sympathize with your complaint, because I do.  But I would never ask archers to be nerfed more, or for there to be less archers.  You have to adapt to the situation on the battle field.   One day there's going to be more archers, the next more cavalry, the next you might encounter 7 throwers on the enemy team, or a half dozen horse xbows.

I hated when strat 4 started (or just before) NA1 had a ridiculous amount of archers.  It was frustrating playing as I normally did.  But as soon as I started trying to adapt to the increase in archers (I got off my horse, and protect my own archers with my 1h/shield/lance build) then I stopped getting destroyed riding my shiny white horse as a target.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline no_rules_just_play

• King
  • Renown: 1401
  • Infamy: 384
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE; Peasants United; Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: CapraAegagrusHircus_HRE; no_rules_just_play_HRE
  • IRC nick: norulesjustplay
« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2012, 03:27:29 pm »
no offence but aren't you kinda only playing siege? cause the main problem is EU_1
no offence, but maybe you didnt look that good. im playing eu1 more than siege for a while already. you might look out for a piker in cuir bouilli

Offline peter_afca7

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2012, 03:27:51 pm »
It's a war game, a medieval war game.  Using archers was a valid tactic in war, for obvious reasons.  Heavy armor, shields, and cavalry were typically used to counter archers.  If archers were to get setup in a spot that was highly defensible, and hard for the enemy to reach, it would probably be a dumb idea to march up the hill to them and get picked off as you do.  Or protect your own team's archers/xbows so they can help you and shoot the enemy archers.

Your problem stems from your positioning, and your teammates tactics.  It's got nothing to do with the enemy using everything they can to kill your team. 

Grow up, take some responsibility for your actions, and try not to whine about a video game so much. 

You guys want to be able to run around and 2h rambo/hero everyone on the enemy team.   If it wasn't archers "ruining your fun" it'd be cavalry back stabbing you.  Sounds like you should go to the duel server, or play chivalry.

atleast i can hit the cav or block (if not being couched )but ranged just shooting from miles away before you get to play youre already dead how "FUN" ...

Offline peter_afca7

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2012, 03:28:52 pm »
no offence, but maybe you didnt look that good. im playing eu1 more than siege for a while already. you might look out for a piker in cuir bouilli
probably won't seeyou for a while cause can't be arsed to play battle anymore

Offline peter_afca7

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 31, 2012, 03:30:35 pm »
i gues even archers get enoyed when they get shot by 10 enemy archers cause the balance is just shit

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 31, 2012, 03:31:19 pm »
+4
Also I'd like to point out that if an archer tells you "get a shield", it's bullshit cause you are not captain america no matter how hard you try, and in case the archer tells you "get armor" it's bullshit because any decent foot archer uses armor piercing arrows. Finally, "get a horse" is equally stupid as horses are big ass targets and they are not arrowproof either.

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 31, 2012, 03:32:02 pm »
+1
The ONLY problem with Archers is, that too many of them are fucking scared to go into melee. Many don't even have a melee weapon with them... The class itself is not the problem. The players are to blame, not the bow or the Archer class.

Players will play the game as its designed. Why should they enter melee combat if they can run and shoot? For players that don't want to learn the nuances of melee combat ranged is a very easy way into the game. You can fail repeatedly, for the whole round and still feel like you took part. Fail a single block as melee and you can be dead and no longer playing. The main draw of ranged is that you can play all round and not be put under pressure until the very end, especially if you can get up high where you feel safer

If ranged had similar risk vs reward as melee or cav they would lose some HP each time they missed a shot. People get so much damn ammo they can go to a hill and spam all round..something will hit regardless of skill. Its not even hard by FPS game standards since all targets move so slow. Mostly you're combating RNG in the shot and the target changing direction just as you shoot. Crossbows don't even need to be pure ranged. They have these point & click weapons as well as any melee weapon they want and medium armour, with plenty of ammo to shoot all round. These guys can still kite as well if they want. I wear medium armour as melee guy since to me heavy isn't really worth the extra weight.

There are so many tweaks to the game that could be made to increase the pressure ranged fight under. Roofs seem to have creped back into the game on loads of maps. The ammo could be reduced to encourage people to take care with their ammo or to get closer to the fights. The stagger that can debilitate a melee player and prevent him approaching can be vastly reduced or even removed. The headshot random kills can be removed. Jumpshotting can be removed (I see people landing hits by jumping and shooting over walls). 2 slots for ammo can be removed to 1 slot only, and even then ammo can be reduced. Damage type of ranged could be changed to a new type, and horses and heavy armour could be more resistant to this ammo type

It won't happen though because the tweaks to ranged are never enough. Even last time they couldn't just make them kite less, the devs go and buff the top tier bows and reduce the PD penalty on WPF. Each time they try to nerf ranged they add some extra buff in at the same time. Happened with head shots tweak too. The damage on bodies has creped back up to decent damage, and still the head shot damage is a 1 hit kill most of the time.
If you have ranged troubles use this:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Belatu

• Count
  • Renown: 242
  • Infamy: 111
  • what
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Belatucadros
« Reply #27 on: December 31, 2012, 03:32:57 pm »
+1
MEH

Archers help to get the diference between one shitty Arcade and one medieval simulator.

Actually ranged have to play very strategically, thinking in teamwork, and cannot do all things they would like to.
That should apply to all classes.
I think this is the idea of mod that tje devs have and i think that is the reason for why so many people get interested in this.
My fridge is my shield

Offline peter_afca7

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 31, 2012, 03:32:59 pm »
Not to say I don't sympathize with your complaint, because I do.  But I would never ask archers to be nerfed more, or for there to be less archers.  You have to adapt to the situation on the battle field.   One day there's going to be more archers, the next more cavalry, the next you might encounter 7 throwers on the enemy team, or a half dozen horse xbows.

I hated when strat 4 started (or just before) NA1 had a ridiculous amount of archers.  It was frustrating playing as I normally did.  But as soon as I started trying to adapt to the increase in archers (I got off my horse, and protect my own archers with my 1h/shield/lance build) then I stopped getting destroyed riding my shiny white horse as a target.

i see youre point but i didn't asked for a nerf i just get frustrated by getting shot before getting to play or being dead before getting to play

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
« Reply #29 on: December 31, 2012, 03:34:12 pm »
+1
atleast i can hit the cav or block (if not being couched )but ranged just shooting from miles away before you get to play youre already dead how "FUN" ...

thats your problem for going for a pure 2h build. If you pick the build with the best weapons, the best animations and the best 1 vs 1 class in the game then dont QQ when you have a counter ^^.

perhaps try finding some cover for a bit or maybe some team work or god forbid get some shield skill and a round shield.

My 2h is 18-21 which is fun, sure i get shot but if i catch up to people i hurt like hell. next gen tho ill probably go 18-18 with 5 shield skill so on open maps i can carry a shield.

Your idea of fun is charging into a melee and killing everyone 2h duelist style. That just doesn't work every time on battle  :rolleyes: (or get 3-4 power throw and throw at archers they hate that :D)
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk