Author Topic: Ranged gime cRPG back plz :/  (Read 7956 times)

Offline peter_afca7

• Count
  • Renown: 224
  • Infamy: 113
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BLABLA
  • Game nicks: BLABLABLA
Ranged gime cRPG back plz :/
« on: December 31, 2012, 02:32:17 pm »
+1
i like this mod i played it nonstop for over a year now but i start to play it less and lately quiting after one round cause of 20 archers on one hill shooting youre "FUN" away

don't bother saying take a shield cause its boring as hell and even then you get shot by 20 archers kiting around you

gime cRPG back you selfish cunts :D

Offline Cepeshi

• Earl
  • Renown: 467
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
  • Relax, it is just a life...
    • View Profile
    • Wanna work with me? Ping for more info!
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Fapulena, Useless
  • IRC nick: Cepeshi
Re: Ranged gime cRPG back plz :/
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2012, 02:34:22 pm »
i like this mod i played it nonstop for over a year now but i start to play it less and lately quiting after one round cause of 20 archers on one hill shooting youre "FUN" away

don't bother saying take a shield cause its boring as hell and even then you get shot by 20 archers kiting around you

need more cav to counter them

Offline peter_afca7

• Count
  • Renown: 224
  • Infamy: 113
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BLABLA
  • Game nicks: BLABLABLA
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2012, 02:38:34 pm »
need more cav to counter them
thats exactly the problem cause then there will be more archers to counter the cavalry :D

Offline Miwiw

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 525
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Miwiw
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2012, 02:49:15 pm »
+2
Wasnt Archery a bit different in 2010? :P
Miwiw_HRE - Two Handed
Trade with me

Offline Cepeshi

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2012, 02:52:58 pm »
+3
Wasnt Archery a bit different in 2010? :P

It is different in its own gay way, back then we had unaccessible rooftops, even back then we had full plate pocket flamberge accurate lvl 65 archers or whatnot, now we just have plenty and plenty to smush or to get smushed by....

But, there is nothing more frustrating that getting triangulated by liek 3-4 decent ranged, you cannot do shit. When this happens like few times after each other in battle, i just GTX. (mind you i do play shielder, and even like that i find the amount of ranged fucking ridonkulous)

Offline Miwiw

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2012, 02:55:07 pm »
+6
But, there is nothing more frustrating that getting triangulated by liek 3-4 decent ranged, you cannot do shit.

Can you do shit if you get attacked by 3-4 Cav? Can you do shit if you get attacked by 3-4 other shielders? They must be really bad not to instantly own you. If you are facing more than another guy, you should actually lose unless theyre really bad or low level.

If its 4 infantry vs 4 archers though, the chances are high that the archers are gonna win if they stay on range and always run away.
Miwiw_HRE - Two Handed
Trade with me

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2012, 02:58:42 pm »
Jan 6th is gonna suck, i'm calling it now. I'll be waiting for the first 4 mins or so behind cover before I can start playing

Nothing will change until the classes are more than point & click though (especially crossbows, the builds need tweaking too)
If you have ranged troubles use this:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2012, 02:59:07 pm »
+5
Can you do shit if you get attacked by 3-4 Cav? Can you do shit if you get attacked by 3-4 other shielders? They must be really bad not to instantly own you. If you are facing more than another guy, you should actually lose unless theyre really bad or low level.

If its 4 infantry vs 4 archers though, the chances are high that the archers are gonna win if they stay on range and always run away.
Difference is that you can hit 4 cav, you can hit 4 melees attacking you but you can NOT hit the archer.
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2012, 02:59:36 pm »
+7
A typical scenario on EU1 these days:

(click to show/hide)

Just count the firing squad in the background hill. Makes the game completely unplayable for anyone else. "Grab a shield", they say. Sure, you get shot through the shield as well. "Go cav", they say. Sure but how do you approach them when everything gets shots down to pieces before you can even distinguish their outfits and bows ?
This is just one of many screens I have that prove the futility of what this mod has become. Yet we are all trying to play it, what a sad bunch we are.
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.

Offline Cepeshi

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2012, 03:00:01 pm »
+3

Actually i can, 4 cav usually gets into each others way, same with shielders, or with anyone who has to GET CLOSE TO ME to harm me, but, i see that you missed the point ranged can do this on HUGE fucking distances.

Offline Adamar

• He who doesn't want to be labelled
  • Earl
  • Renown: 422
  • Infamy: 319
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2012, 03:05:01 pm »
I rarely see archers in eu 4, wtf is this?

Offline Miwiw

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2012, 03:09:24 pm »
Difference is that you can hit 4 cav, you can hit 4 melees attacking you but you can NOT hit the archer.

You can hit the archers if they screw up (or all the 1 weapon-players sacrifice some PS/IF points and get something to counter them, like jarids, javelins). But anyway, it's always the same argument by many people. The range.

Cav can stay on range with their lances, unless you're having a pike/long spear, another long pole or a greatsword, you cannot hit a lancer unless they come really near. Actually same with melee, people can stay on distance.

The ONLY problem with Archers is, that too many of them are fucking scared to go into melee. Many don't even have a melee weapon with them... The class itself is not the problem. The players are to blame, not the bow or the Archer class.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2012, 03:12:33 pm by Miwiw99 »
Miwiw_HRE - Two Handed
Trade with me

Offline no_rules_just_play

• King
  • Renown: 1401
  • Infamy: 384
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE; Peasants United; Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: CapraAegagrusHircus_HRE; no_rules_just_play_HRE
  • IRC nick: norulesjustplay
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2012, 03:12:34 pm »
just make sure the archers arent able to hit you.

cover, zigzag and just dont get in situations where they can shoot you from behind.

Offline Cepeshi

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2012, 03:15:42 pm »
+1
just make sure the archers arent able to hit you.

cover, zigzag and just dont get in situations where they can shoot you from behind.

Where is the fun in it for me when even when shielded i have to keep rotating to be at least partially covered not to speak i got shot despite having respecced to shielder as advised by them ranged supporters?

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2012, 03:18:53 pm »
+9

It's a war game, a medieval war game.  Using archers was a valid tactic in war, for obvious reasons.  Heavy armor, shields, and cavalry were typically used to counter archers.  If archers were to get setup in a spot that was highly defensible, and hard for the enemy to reach, it would probably be a dumb idea to march up the hill to them and get picked off as you do.  Or protect your own team's archers/xbows so they can help you and shoot the enemy archers.

Your problem stems from your positioning, and your teammates tactics.  It's got nothing to do with the enemy using everything they can to kill your team. 

Grow up, take some responsibility for your actions, and try not to whine about a video game so much. 

You guys want to be able to run around and 2h rambo/hero everyone on the enemy team.   If it wasn't archers "ruining your fun" it'd be cavalry back stabbing you.  Sounds like you should go to the duel server, or play chivalry.
 - Stolen from Macropussy