Author Topic: Ranged on a roof  (Read 5330 times)

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
Re: Ranged on a roof
« Reply #45 on: December 30, 2012, 12:35:25 am »
+4
Maps should accommodate the ability to cap on roofs, but not with destructible ladders. While annoying to solo style players, those who utilize teamwork will have no issues, especially with balanced maps that allow both sides access to a camp spot. Should they both camp and not engage, MOTF will pop, forcing a scrum on the flags, preferably where neither camp spot can reach, or both can reach with ranged.
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 30, 2012, 04:50:15 am »
That you do then. I played cRPG for a few levels before these revamps, but most of the little I experienced back then has eluded my memory. What if one would simply remove the invincible wall preventing you from accessing rooftops by jumping, however? Then, access to coveted areas would become harder and require a greater degree of, firstly, agility... and then jumping. I would leave ladders out of battle for good measure, though.

I would simply like to add that doing any kind of jump sequence in this game is in no way hard. It only requires that nobody is shooting at you, and some time.

If that kind of advantage exists, it comes with no tradeoff, which is exactly the reason it's bad.

Maps should accommodate the ability to cap on roofs, but not with destructible ladders. While annoying to solo style players, those who utilize teamwork will have no issues, especially with balanced maps that allow both sides access to a camp spot. Should they both camp and not engage, MOTF will pop, forcing a scrum on the flags, preferably where neither camp spot can reach, or both can reach with ranged.

Sounds like something that would be much more fun to play than open maps. It could be okay if MoTF spawned at the beginning of the round though, but still a middle finger to cav.

Offline jtobiasm

• Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 328
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Tobi
« Reply #47 on: December 30, 2012, 05:01:04 am »
Archers can't kite anyone, now you complain about them going on roofs where it's the best place for them.

Leshma logic.

Offline Horst_Kurmoottaja

• Count
  • Renown: 163
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
  • Ei urhot kaukaisen Pohjolan uhan eessä taipuneet!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Deserter_Horst, Mamba_
« Reply #48 on: December 30, 2012, 06:03:20 am »
+8
They should add option to torch down some of these hay roofs if it is not raining.
Farewell my brother
Farewell my foe
May death embrace you
Your blood in the darkness flow
***PÖRKELE***

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
« Reply #49 on: December 30, 2012, 10:38:44 am »
+3
Archers can't kite anyone, now you complain about them going on roofs where it's the best place for them.

Leshma logic.

What do u mean they can't kite anyone?
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works

Offline Templar_Steevee

• Duke
  • Renown: 613
  • Infamy: 128
  • cRPG Player
  • Pew-pew for victory!!!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Steevee, Templar_catchArabbit, Gangtroll
« Reply #50 on: December 30, 2012, 11:22:10 am »
+1
There are only a few maps with accesible roofs, and im most options are easilly accesible for everyone.

Going on rooftops is normal, because roof is a terrain advantage wich can be used to gat a bit closer to victory.
Dedicated archer in standard bulid have about 3 ps, and with 0 slot weapon it's almost impossible to kill well armoured enemy like 2h heroes or shielders. Figthing against cav with those weapons is only figth for staying alive...

Probably for leshma archers should stay only on open field when cav can rape them, on in small corridors where they can see only few meters foward...
Archer forever :D

Offline bagge

• King
  • Renown: 1056
  • Infamy: 275
  • cRPG Player
  • Duke of Poland
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: bagge
« Reply #51 on: December 30, 2012, 09:00:28 pm »
You're amusing Leshma :)
I hope you guys get some sort of sticky balls deseases and smell like my armpits, sorry excusese for nolife fucking cunts you are.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 30, 2012, 09:04:19 pm »
+2
Dedicated archer in standard bulid have about 3 ps, and with 0 slot weapon

Your point ? I have problems with my 3/33 sickle alt. Doesn't mean the game should be balanced for it.

Offline bagge

• King
  • Renown: 1056
  • Infamy: 275
  • cRPG Player
  • Duke of Poland
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: bagge
« Reply #53 on: December 30, 2012, 09:33:13 pm »
Your point ? I have problems with my 3/33 sickle alt. Doesn't mean the game should be balanced for it.

Really? I believe that the difference is that archers is a major part of this game, unlike your stupid alt
I hope you guys get some sort of sticky balls deseases and smell like my armpits, sorry excusese for nolife fucking cunts you are.

Offline _GTX_

• I <3 Shemaforash
  • Duke
  • Renown: 535
  • Infamy: 960
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • O===((:::::::::::::::>
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmarunionen
  • Game nicks: GTX
  • IRC nick: GTX
« Reply #54 on: December 30, 2012, 09:42:58 pm »
+2
There are only a few maps with accesible roofs, and im most options are easilly accesible for everyone.

Going on rooftops is normal, because roof is a terrain advantage wich can be used to gat a bit closer to victory.
Dedicated archer in standard bulid have about 3 ps, and with 0 slot weapon it's almost impossible to kill well armoured enemy like 2h heroes or shielders. Figthing against cav with those weapons is only figth for staying alive...

Probably for leshma archers should stay only on open field when cav can rape them, on in small corridors where they can see only few meters foward...

Infantry do not rly have terrain advantages in the same way. Being on a roof gives u both a good offensive and rly good defensive advantage. The only terrain advantage that infantry can get, would be to hide in a ruin. That is not an offensive advantage, and sometimes its not even an defensive advantage, since u end up getting trapped by archers and cav.

The only real advantage infantry can get, would be to work together and stay with their team. Why does archers need such a big terrain advantage, when they can also gain a gaint advantage, when they work with their team?.

If the archers work with the team, like infantry is constantly forced to. Then they would not end up fighting infantry or the 2h heroes, unless ofc that their team is more or less death.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2012, 11:02:35 pm by _GTX_ »

Offline Tore

• Item Manager
  • Renown: 882
  • Infamy: 329
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 30, 2012, 09:44:26 pm »
buff 2h cav

Offline Andy

• Count
  • Renown: 274
  • Infamy: 253
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Snow_King
« Reply #56 on: December 30, 2012, 10:21:00 pm »
+1
Here is my suggestion. Bring back ladders to battle, but make them imune to friendly fire. That way, and place that a group of archers can go by setting up their ladders, a group of shielders can follow them.

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #57 on: December 31, 2012, 10:33:58 am »
+1
These people are the cancer of cRPG:

(click to show/hide)

Pretty much always the same hiders/delayers getting up to some hard-to-reach places that should be cut off by map-makers guild in the first place.
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
« Reply #58 on: December 31, 2012, 10:35:59 am »
These people are the cancer of cRPG:

(click to show/hide)

Pretty much always the same hiders/delayers getting up to some hard-to-reach places that should be cut off by map-makers guild in the first place.

This is our Soviet friend ArtemRUS, forever xbow!
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 31, 2012, 11:05:07 am »
+2
Leave Artem alone, he has 200 ping, he deserves some respect  :wink: