Author Topic: Were poles nerfed?  (Read 3648 times)

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1876
  • Infamy: 1196
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
Re: Were poles nerfed?
« Reply #60 on: December 26, 2012, 03:19:03 pm »
+6
So, you want to be cRPG pro?

I have few suggestions for you:

1. If you have decent amount of gold (500k+), roll 36/3 build with 12 PS and 11 IF and wear milanese full plate. Great Maul should be weapon of your choice. Block a little bit, wait for your chance in battle or just play siege... you'll learn how to chamberblock very fast since it's not that hard anymore (almost every second player does it from time to time). Be pro like b0nk and the rest.

2. Glaive is your friend. Only weapon that allowed me to kill 4 decent players who were attacking me at the same time, while I was level 11. Broken to the bone. Awfully long, decent damage, broken and glitchy animation that surpasses player blocks most of the time. You don't need any skill to be decent player with glaive, anyone can do it. If you're good player, you'll seem scary to everybody around you if you use GLAIVE.

3. This is harder but if you are in clan, long spear is your weapon of choice. If you're not Teeth or Warlord you'll die on your own but in group you're the king.

4. Great sword combined with decent armor and 18/21(24) build. No brainer, even the most stupid turkish child can play like a "pro" with this combo.

5. Great sword with heavy armor and STR build of your choice. Be next Atze, be pro. Don't forget Vaegir War Mask!

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #61 on: December 26, 2012, 03:21:54 pm »
5. Great sword with heavy armor and STR build of your choice. Be next Atze, be pro. Don't forget Vaegir War Mask!
Atze is actually quite good, it's not just his armor and greatsword that does it for him like it is for most greatsworders.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 452
  • Infamy: 2034
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 26, 2012, 03:22:42 pm »
+1
He is one of the best players, but his armor and build help a lot.

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 26, 2012, 03:29:55 pm »
I haz nothing, nevermind.  :rolleyes:

Offline Panos

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 1319
  • Infamy: 551
  • cRPG Player
  • Hate for 2h kuyak my old friends.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Varangian Guard
  • Game nicks: Varangian_Panos
  • IRC nick: Panos
« Reply #64 on: December 26, 2012, 03:42:25 pm »
+2
So, you want to be cRPG pro?

I have few suggestions for you:

1. If you have decent amount of gold (500k+), roll 36/3 build with 12 PS and 11 IF and wear milanese full plate. Great Maul should be weapon of your choice. Block a little bit, wait for your chance in battle or just play siege... you'll learn how to chamberblock very fast since it's not that hard anymore (almost every second player does it from time to time). Be pro like b0nk and the rest.

2. Glaive is your friend. Only weapon that allowed me to kill 4 decent players who were attacking me at the same time, while I was level 11. Broken to the bone. Awfully long, decent damage, broken and glitchy animation that surpasses player blocks most of the time. You don't need any skill to be decent player with glaive, anyone can do it. If you're good player, you'll seem scary to everybody around you if you use GLAIVE.

3. This is harder but if you are in clan, long spear is your weapon of choice. If you're not Teeth or Warlord you'll die on your own but in group you're the king.

4. Great sword combined with decent armor and 18/21(24) build. No brainer, even the most stupid turkish child can play like a "pro" with this combo.

After reading that, I realized that I somehow regret buying a new key..
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 63
  • Infamy: 2583
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 26, 2012, 03:44:12 pm »
+1
You bought a new key.. I thought you were unbanned.. way to kill my mood...

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 26, 2012, 03:45:50 pm »
+1
You bought a new key.. I thought you were unbanned.. way to kill my mood...

Maybe it's not panos

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1625
  • Infamy: 2088
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 26, 2012, 03:48:46 pm »
+1
Doesn't matter. I thought they have shown some humility on the christmas.

Edit: Don't get me wrong, I don't have a problem with professional approach. That's a good way for Donkey Crew for sure. But that also means no more trolling and dumb comments from their part.

Offline Panos

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 1319
  • Infamy: 551
  • cRPG Player
  • Hate for 2h kuyak my old friends.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Varangian Guard
  • Game nicks: Varangian_Panos
  • IRC nick: Panos
« Reply #68 on: December 26, 2012, 03:53:27 pm »
+1
Doesn't matter. I thought they have shown some humility on the christmas.

Edit: Don't get me wrong, I don't have a problem with professional approach. That's a good way for Donkey Crew for sure. But that also means no more trolling and dumb comments from their part.

Who cares man,after all the Greys got banned from Strategus..

At least my other key "died" proving something..

Offline Hunter_the_Honourable

• Count
  • Renown: 229
  • Infamy: 178
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Killing fairy riders for the good of cRPG.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Anti-fairy riders.
« Reply #69 on: December 26, 2012, 04:50:13 pm »
+2
And whats the problem with running faster than other tincannier armor and giant weapon using players? Send some agiwhores, arbalests to hunt them down or horses to run em over. And if the archercountering players are dead

Cav can't just simply run down archers because the minute you're just about to hit them, they side step then shoot at you and even if you're a 1her cav and you go at a slower speed to try and slash them they just dance around you while you're only choices are run away and leave him or let your horse be shot dead then have to chase him on foot (seeing as you will never actually catch them because you have to block with your shield which slows you down) Even people who ride fairy horses (arabian horses) have problems turning around faster then archers and that's saying something!

Catching an archer in general is no simple matter its not a case of "right ill run after him spin around a bit when he goes to shoot and keep chasing him" or "Ill chase him block when he shoots then run again" If you do that then you will simply never catch him unless the archer him self either runs out of arrows, some-how its a dead end or chooses to stand and fight because his the last alive.

As for sending crossbowers after an archer that sounds sensible BUT remember someone using an arbalests or even any crossbow takes quite a bit of time to reload and if their chasing an archer in the open once the crossbower has fired his one shot he will find it amazingly hard to reload without any cover more so if the archer his fighting is a half decent shot.
(click to show/hide)

You just successfully summed up how to play cRPG the easy way. Gratz!  :mrgreen: (No watch the amount of 2hers rise even more  :mad: )
How can you trust People?
They are Humans
I never trust Humans.

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #70 on: December 26, 2012, 05:20:37 pm »
You are aware that archery is shooting with a bow right? Shooting from a bow does not necessarily mean shooting from a bow, then shooting again, then turning around and running, then shooting again.

Oh really? Make archers living statues? I've got a counter offer for you then.

Bring back old archer reload animation. Increase draw speed. Increase missile speed. Set gravity to 0. Make WPF for 90% accuracy at 120 WPF, 99.9% at 150 WPF; same effectiveness range as melee weapons. Make bows able to block melee. Reduce weapon switch to .1 second. Remove archer armor weight multiplier from head and hand armor. Increase armor weight limit before WPF drop.

Then sure, after that you can make anyone carrying a ranged weapon have an athletics of 0 and move like a statue.
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 26, 2012, 05:23:05 pm »
+1
same effectiveness range as melee weapons

Okay, so arrows will have to be blockable by all melee weapons that can block.

Offline oprah_winfrey

• Marshall
  • Renown: 808
  • Infamy: 196
  • cRPG Player
  • Now look under your seat...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: JABONRA
  • Game nicks: Egan
« Reply #72 on: December 26, 2012, 05:25:03 pm »
mighty poleaxe in altmode is the most overpowered weapon in the game, so no poles weren't nerfed.

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #73 on: December 26, 2012, 05:26:11 pm »
Okay, so arrows will have to be blockable by all melee weapons that can block.

They already can. You have to chamber them.

And no counter offers. You already get an archer with cement blocks for shoes. You do counter offers, I've got more for you as well.
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln