Author Topic: Were poles nerfed?  (Read 3645 times)

Offline Hunter_the_Honourable

• Count
  • Renown: 229
  • Infamy: 178
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Killing fairy riders for the good of cRPG.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Anti-fairy riders.
Re: Were poles nerfed?
« Reply #30 on: December 26, 2012, 12:33:57 am »
+1
I play archer sometimes and for the first time ever I used a rus bow :o and I can say for fact that bow makes archery sooo dam easy I have crazy accuracy good damage and can out-run people compared to the longbow which does good damage but is not as accurate and slow as hell. If you're an archer and using the Rus bow and you still find it hard you're either doing something wrong or you just plain suck at archery. Some people use a hornbow but Rus bow is way better stats wise and in game wise (apart from speed)

True 2h agi hero is/always has been the most easy class to play (No cav is not easier then left click spamming with a two handed sword that takes about 3 hits to kill a medium armored person) they get the extra reach on the stab, are quicker then most weapons and do more damage then they should against heavy armor.

To the OP: yeah poleaxe sucks now-days compared to the past hell even I sold my +3 poleaxe for a great long axe and iv had mine since....well as long as I can remember ^^ either respect and go archer or two hander OR buy a long axe or long Bardiche they seem to be two of the best polearms to use now days.
How can you trust People?
They are Humans
I never trust Humans.

Offline Malak_Dawnfire

• Knight
  • Renown: 30
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Malak_Dawnfire_HREr
« Reply #31 on: December 26, 2012, 12:44:41 am »
If people have an issue with Archers kiting, then perhaps there should be more incentive for Archers to stick it out and fight instead of fleeing? I don't play an Archer but the issue seems relatively easy to fix if you allow archers a more balanced build instead of having them be "Glass cannons" just my thought.

Offline Hunter_the_Honourable

• Count
  • Renown: 229
  • Infamy: 178
  • Killing fairy riders for the good of cRPG.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Anti-fairy riders.
« Reply #32 on: December 26, 2012, 12:47:35 am »
Nah even ones with actual swords run away, granted its rare for them to actually have a half decent melee weapon but even when they have maces or long one handed swords they still run  :?
How can you trust People?
They are Humans
I never trust Humans.

Offline Malaclypse

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 146
  • In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 26, 2012, 01:03:46 am »
+3
My main grievance with ranged units in general is that 30 ranged units can effectively target just one person, while there's a kind of a soft-cap (5-7 maybe?) for how many melee can simultaneously target one guy; there's just not enough room.

Others have already addressed OP's post, but of course the most notable nerfs are, as mentioned, is the removal of polestagger and the turn-speed nerf. Only non-knockdown polearms were effected by the removal of polestagger, and most of those effected are still great weapons; Spear type weapons (with low blunt sideswings and good piercing stab) were hit the hardest by that- the laughable damage of sideswings was only tolerable because of the stagger (or if you have 9+ PS) and ability to keep a group of enemies at bay using it.

The turn-speed nerf really, really hurt two-directional polearms which is why we see so few English Bills and Swiss Halberds these days.
You think you're pretty smart with your dago mustache and your greasy hair.

Offline Panos

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 1319
  • Infamy: 551
  • cRPG Player
  • Hate for 2h kuyak my old friends.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Varangian Guard
  • Game nicks: Varangian_Panos
  • IRC nick: Panos
« Reply #34 on: December 26, 2012, 01:23:22 am »
+4
Guys the real problem aint ranged..

The real problem is 2h animations, today I discovered a new bug (thanks to the biggest whinner,Rantrex) he hugs you with his high agility build and although you block the correct direction of his hit,the hit byppases your block and you receive damage.

I hate ranged aswell,but lets face it,it`s a different thing getting killed from a bow and another thing getting killed because someone found a weak spot in the game mechanics and he`s abuzing it..

I remember when the turn nerf came into the mod and  all the "great" 2h heroes couldnt abuze the 180 turn lolstab anymore ,they respeced into other classes or they even left the mod because of it (Teeth,GTX,Cicero,Hearst,bjord, and the list keeps on going) now I know that they will come here and start saying that I talk shit about them but I`m not,I don`t have nothing against you guys,but it`s really annoying getting killed by someone who is abuzing game mechanics..

From the beggining I started playing the mod all the big nerfs were for 3 classes Ranged,Polearms,Cavalry..

2h heroes cry over because of hybrid builds,lets fuck upp throwing.
2h heroes cry over polestagger,lets remove pollastager and make  polearms weaker and slower.
2h heroes cry over cavalry and the damage that couch attack delivers,lets retain the couch attack damage to 20 and nerf cavalry to the ground (huge kudos to Lallien,Torben and Master Cavalry who they keep owning at the servers although the nerf)

My two cents.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 234
  • cRPG Player
  • (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻. take all my upvotes! Part-time retard
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild Enthousiast,
  • Game nicks: Wy can't I upvote my own posts, Im a fucken genius, yo.
  • IRC nick: Joseph_Porta
« Reply #35 on: December 26, 2012, 01:28:11 am »
+1
Hilt slashes, yuck.
Not that I don't do it but some people just abuse it to the ground.  :mrgreen:
I loot corpses of their golden teeth.
But he'll be around somewhere between Heaven and The Devil, because neither of them will take him in, and he'll be farting loudly and singing a filthy song.

i'll be there at around
chadztime™

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #36 on: December 26, 2012, 01:32:57 am »
+1
Guys the real problem aint ranged..
It is, the 2h animations needs a fix too though.
The real problem is 2h animations, today I discovered a new bug (thanks to the biggest whinner,Rantrex) he hugs you with his high agility build and although you block the correct direction of his hit,the hit byppases your block and you receive damage.
Odds are it's the thing about which sideblocking/attacking being based on which side of your char the swing collides with, not with the swung direction.
I hate ranged aswell,but lets face it,it`s a different thing getting killed from a bow and another thing getting killed because someone found a weak spot in the game mechanics and he`s abuzing it..
Kiting is a weak spot in the games mechanics, when you get killed by a 2h my old friend you at least have a chance of fighting back.
I remember when the turn nerf came into the mod and  all the "great" 2h heroes couldnt abuze the 180 turn lolstab anymore ,they respeced into other classes or they even left the mod because of it (Teeth (wasn't 2h) ,GTX,Cicero,Hearst,bjord, and the list keeps on going) now I know that they will come here and start saying that I talk shit about them but I`m not,I don`t have nothing against you guys,but it`s really annoying getting killed by someone who is abuzing game mechanics..
You don't have anything against some of those guys? You're insane.
From the beggining I started playing the mod all the big nerfs were for 3 classes Ranged,Polearms,Cavalry..

2h heroes cry over because of hybrid builds,lets fuck upp throwing.
2h heroes cry over polestagger,lets remove pollastager and make  polearms weaker and slower.
2h heroes cry over cavalry and the damage that couch attack delivers,lets retain the couch attack damage to 20 and nerf cavalry to the ground (huge kudos to Lallien,Torben and Master Cavalry who they keep owning at the servers although the nerf)

My two cents.
2h deserve to be nerfed like crazy, kiting deserves to be made practically impossible.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #37 on: December 26, 2012, 01:37:19 am »
My main grievance with ranged units in general is that 30 ranged units can effectively target just one person, while there's a kind of a soft-cap (5-7 maybe?) for how many melee can simultaneously target one guy; there's just not enough room.

Okay, let's take this theoretical situation and analyze it.

30 ranged target a single target. (5-7 maybe) of those arrows do damage. The other 23-25 thunk uselessly into a ranged absorbing corpse. And the real question, what was the remaining 29 enemy doing while 30 ranged targeted a single player? If not engaging those 30 ranged, what was that single person doing going after them by himself? I don't see how you can have a grievance there.

2h deserve to be nerfed like crazy, kiting deserves to be made practically impossible.

Then remove athletics/strength/agility and have everyone be a plain vanilla character with only a horse and weapon to make a difference in builds  :rolleyes:
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline Panos

• Permanently Banned
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 26, 2012, 01:42:27 am »

Then remove athletics/strength/agility and have everyone be a plain vanilla character with only a horse and weapon to make a difference in builds  :rolleyes:

No,Just fix the goddamn abuzing animations.

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #39 on: December 26, 2012, 01:43:05 am »
No,Just fix the goddamn abuzing animations.
And make bows weight the same as plate armor.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Adamar

• He who doesn't want to be labelled
  • Earl
  • Renown: 422
  • Infamy: 319
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 26, 2012, 01:59:11 am »
+3
And make bows weight the same as plate armor.

Why? So you can more easely outmanouver archers in melee? Making movement slugish is no incentive for an archer to fight hand-to-hand. As it was said before, there's a reason native archers will rarther pull out their sword than run.
But from a melee elitist's perspective, ranged should simply be nerfed out of its usefulness, instead of ballanced properly. That's why some people's opinions in the forums should never be taken seriously. The game is suffering right now due to such favouritism.

Offline Panos

• Permanently Banned
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 26, 2012, 02:04:14 am »
The game is suffering right now due to such favouritism.

True words.I wish I could +1000 mate.

Offline Ohngesicht

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 26, 2012, 02:10:39 am »
+1
I don't know what it is. I never really relied on polestagger, in fact I'm not even positive at all how to recognize when I had actually polestaggered someone. I was just very possible at dueling most people with a bec or poleaxe. But this time around it feels like every 1h/2h/hammer just spams and is always faster. No matter how many times I block, I can't get a hit in against the majority of people. I'm 18-21, tried all three of my major weapons (bec, poleaxe, hafted blade) and both of my armor sets (heraldric mail/great helmet and padded jack/leather cap) and in too many circumstances, I never have an opportunity to swing. I'm used to 1hs being faster than my pole axe and often times even my bec or hafted, but now even 2h and hammers are often faster. I'm not loomed at all and I don't know if that's an issue.
I was never amazing at the game, but I could pretty much always go 1.0 kdr  or higher pretty comfortably, now I'm struggling to just hit 1.0. Last time I played was six months ago.

Offline Berserkadin

• Duke
  • Renown: 592
  • Infamy: 145
    • View Profile
  • Faction: -
  • Game nicks: Krewl_The_Urist_Fox
« Reply #43 on: December 26, 2012, 02:11:29 am »
Why? So you can more easely outmanouver archers in melee? Making movement slugish is no incentive for an archer to fight hand-to-hand. As it was said before, there's a reason native archers will rarther pull out their sword than run.
But from a melee elitist's perspective, ranged should simply be nerfed out of its usefulness, instead of ballanced properly. That's why some people's opinions in the forums should never be taken seriously. The game is suffering right now due to such favouritism.
Amen, total fucking Amen!

Offline _GTX_

• I <3 Shemaforash
  • Duke
  • Renown: 535
  • Infamy: 960
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • O===((:::::::::::::::>
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmarunionen
  • Game nicks: GTX
  • IRC nick: GTX
« Reply #44 on: December 26, 2012, 03:01:56 am »
(click to show/hide)

I have never ever seen or heard of that bug, the only thing ive seen is the usual ''Hey, i blocked that'', which could be caused by so many things.

I find it quite dumb, that u can not even fight back against a kiting archer. They did try to fix the kiting, and i would say that they mostly did.

Abusing game mechanics? I have never abused the game mechanics, but i am interested to know what u mean.

PS: Arent u crying about 2h, like 2h cried about the other classes? Ofc this is not as harsh, but it is in a way the same.