Author Topic: Were poles nerfed?  (Read 3649 times)

Offline Panos

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 1319
  • Infamy: 551
  • cRPG Player
  • Hate for 2h kuyak my old friends.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Varangian Guard
  • Game nicks: Varangian_Panos
  • IRC nick: Panos
Re: Were poles nerfed?
« Reply #45 on: December 26, 2012, 03:06:52 am »
+2
I have never ever seen or heard of that bug, the only thing ive seen is the usual ''Hey, i blocked that'', which could be caused by so many things.

I find it quite dumb, that u can not even fight back against a kiting archer. They did try to fix the kiting, and i would say that they mostly did.

Abusing game mechanics? I have never abused the game mechanics, but i am interested to know what u mean.

PS: Arent u crying about 2h, like 2h cried about the other classes? Ofc this is not as harsh, but it is in a way the same.

Stating the obvious ain`t whinning, you have to be dumb not to believe that 2h class and its mechanics is broken.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2250
  • Infamy: 2932
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 26, 2012, 03:12:02 am »
+1
Hilt slashes, yuck.
Not that I don't do it but some people just abuse it to the ground.  :mrgreen:

More like bug way too many agi builds abuse, going through character model to avoid block and score hits. I know that kinngrimm does that a lot.

Offline Malak_Dawnfire

• Knight
  • Renown: 30
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Malak_Dawnfire_HREr
« Reply #47 on: December 26, 2012, 03:14:20 am »
Archers on Siege should be like this!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_y_Pa-AIB4

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #48 on: December 26, 2012, 06:13:23 am »
+2
PS: Arent u crying about 2h, like 2h cried about the other classes? Ofc this is not as harsh, but it is in a way the same.

"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 26, 2012, 07:09:08 am »
+1
No you're just bad from taking a break, switch to another class on your STF and you will still be getting owned.  If you like the poleaxe use the alt mode on it, its rather OP at the moment and you won't have to worry about glancing so much.
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline Haze_The_Hobo

• Baron
  • Renown: 139
  • Infamy: 296
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Pantheon
  • Game nicks: Pantheon_Haze_The_Hobo Haze_Ze_PewPew
« Reply #50 on: December 26, 2012, 07:12:44 am »
welcome to c-rpg,the mod where kuyak+warmask+agilitybuild+2h, heroes make the rules.

Haze makes the rules and there ain't any, cept one, DO NOT SHOOT AT ME. It feels like pidgeon taking a dump on your brand new shirt.

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 26, 2012, 08:24:02 am »
(click to show/hide)
Ahh now you just being childlishly cute Zlisch. What I ment to say its simply impossible that you cant catch archers with 9 ath and with no weight, unless the archer is naked and dropped everything he carried. Thats what its got to do with your skill level, also picking fights with tincans as a agibuild is unwise.

A person being able to be outrun everyone, then attack at a reach no one else can attack to may not be overpowered, but he's gay
Sooooo.....whats the problem here? You just clearly said there is no problem with the game, just with you and homosexuality. These problems only you can solve.

With the drz mail shirt and a none-retarded build you'll stand a chance in melee.
And whats the point of being an archer than? And by "none-retarded build" you mean none effective? No thank you.

Offline Camaris

• Count
  • Renown: 223
  • Infamy: 56
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Neresto_HRE
  • IRC nick: Neresto_HRE
« Reply #52 on: December 26, 2012, 10:02:21 am »
I have never ever seen or heard of that bug, the only thing ive seen is the usual ''Hey, i blocked that'', which could be caused by so many things.

I find it quite dumb, that u can not even fight back against a kiting archer. They did try to fix the kiting, and i would say that they mostly did.

Abusing game mechanics? I have never abused the game mechanics, but i am interested to know what u mean.

Rantrex probably ran around his block. If 2h are facehugging it can happen, that it looks like a 100% block but he hit you before the block starts. It happens rarely but it happens.
Its bad movement though it looks like it should be a valid block.

If you dont get hits out as pole then you should train a bit. Its probably not the pole thats causing problems but your skill. Thats no offense to you just a suggestion.
If you get spammed so hard you couldnt win with 2h etc. either.

Most annoying weapons are Mauls btw. If you nerf 2h start with mauls.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 26, 2012, 01:13:59 pm »
+1
Then remove athletics/strength/agility and have everyone be a plain vanilla character with only a horse and weapon to make a difference in builds  :rolleyes:

No, we only need not to allow people with ranged attacks to move faster than those that don't have ranged attacks. If they can, they will. And the moment they start running, they will think "why the hell do I have a melee weapon and melee stats for ?" and you get the modern cRPG archer.

Offline Erzengel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 769
  • Infamy: 214
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Norse_Erzengel
« Reply #54 on: December 26, 2012, 01:19:39 pm »
Guys the real problem aint ranged..

The real problem is 2h animations, today I discovered a new bug (thanks to the biggest whinner,Rantrex) he hugs you with his high agility build and although you block the correct direction of his hit,the hit byppases your block and you receive damage.

This bug also works against shields. Facehug the shielder and release your attack. It will often ignore the shield. Happened to me 3 times during the last 2 days. Always against 2h and all attacks came from the front against my Elite Cavalry Shield.

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 26, 2012, 01:39:26 pm »
+1
No, we only need not to allow people with ranged attacks to move faster than those that don't have ranged attacks. If they can, they will. And the moment they start running, they will think "why the hell do I have a melee weapon and melee stats for ?" and you get the modern cRPG archer.

So what you say people will stop whining when archers stop using archery? Not by a longshot. Look at the cbow users, they got both stats covered, ranged and melee and yet people complain the shit out about them.

And whats the problem with running faster than other tincannier armor and giant weapon using players? Send some agiwhores, arbalests to hunt them down or horses to run em over. And if the archercountering players are dead, than deal with it, its not the builds fault. Its same as HCs and HAs at the end of rounds. Its gay, but whacha gonna do.

This is just a another example of whining where people complain how the game is boring in one thread and demand that all classes should play the same on another.

Offline highglandeur

• Count
  • Renown: 165
  • Infamy: 31
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 26, 2012, 02:20:23 pm »
+1
Nerfing 2h is ok for me as long as it's only a length nerf.
I feel making gs slower would need to be done together with a blocking nerf or duels would become boring.
Something like reducing the block hanging time, forcing players to time their blocking, a bit like chambering but easier.

Offline highglandeur

• Count
  • Renown: 165
  • Infamy: 31
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 26, 2012, 02:32:16 pm »
ok pygar not for shielders ofc, only for ezmod 2h nubs

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #58 on: December 26, 2012, 03:03:52 pm »
Why? So you can more easely outmanouver archers in melee? Making movement slugish is no incentive for an archer to fight hand-to-hand. As it was said before, there's a reason native archers will rarther pull out their sword than run.
But from a melee elitist's perspective For the record the only gens I've ever finished were ranged, ranged should simply be nerfed out of its usefulness, instead of ballanced properly. That's why some people's opinions in the forums should never be taken seriously. The game is suffering right now due to such favouritism.
The only other solution than a flat speed nerf would be increasing running speed and doing so that people with pd or pt can never get into the running mode you reach after purely holding W without doing anything else for a while. Unfortunately some dev said that was impossible, it would've been a much better solution.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #59 on: December 26, 2012, 03:08:49 pm »
So what you say people will stop whining when archers stop using archery?
You are aware that archery is shooting with a bow right? Shooting from a bow does not necessarily mean shooting from a bow, then shooting again, then turning around and running, then shooting again.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.