Author Topic: Were poles nerfed?  (Read 3660 times)

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Were poles nerfed?
« Reply #15 on: December 25, 2012, 06:55:29 pm »
+1
Main reason people dislike ranged is its considered "cheap". Its like if I get all my kills by going behind someone and hitting him on the head, and for that person to be aware of my presence but simply unable to turn around and retaliate. Its one sided and not pvp like melee vs melee or cav vs melee/melee vs cav.

It will always be considered OP to some, just from the large tactical advantage you get from dealing damage from range and yet still being able to negate or deal damage in melee. If you could do 10% the damage of now it would still be considered OP to some. Its hard to balance without making the ranged classes completely useless or adding more aggressive counters that don't include range. Now the counters to ranged are defensive counters, camping until theres less ammo, rushing positions/flanking and to simply have more ranged than the enemy.
If you have ranged troubles use this:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Adamar

• He who doesn't want to be labelled
  • Earl
  • Renown: 422
  • Infamy: 319
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 25, 2012, 07:10:20 pm »
It's ballanced from the moment ranged classes kill less & deal a lot less damage when compared to cav and melee, which as been the case for over a year, despite the complaints. And it's not like ranged have a godlike abillity to hit enemies from a distance. So long as they dodge that is.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2012, 07:22:38 pm by Adamar »

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #17 on: December 25, 2012, 08:40:20 pm »
+1
Bullshit. Archery aint easy at all. Gsword heroism is easiest class in the game. Become 2h, play for abit and call yourself  "pro" and enjoy the easly recieved e-peen. People are just pissed at archery cause 2h "pro's" cant dominate the game 100% but dominate like 80%. :?
I'm 1h, I think archers need a kiting nerf badly, Kafein is a shielder, he thinks a kiting nerf is needed.
Archery is more broken and gay than overpowered due to being able to run away from pretty much anything while using the longest range weapon in game, and unlike HAs archers aren't nerfed into the dust in exchange for their kiting ability. HAs deal shit damage and horses aren't nearly as agile as players so competent ground ranged could easilier take out a HA than a regular archer. Archers got exactly the same ability to outrun (or run just as fast as) 99% of the people who aren't on a horse, and even champ arabians aren't that hard to dodge.

2h is more overpowered than archery, and 2h needs an overall nerf in all its aspects, but it is still not as gay as archery.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #18 on: December 25, 2012, 10:26:35 pm »
Archers got exactly the same ability to outrun (or run just as fast as) 99% of the people who aren't on a horse, and even champ arabians aren't that hard to dodge.

So 99% are wearing 30 stones or more? They deserve to be outrun. Except you pulled that out of your ass. Archers were weight nerfed and get run down by non plate wearing non min/maxing strength builds.

So tired of people who think they should be able to take 10 hits, kill in 1, and catch anything that runs.
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 25, 2012, 10:31:25 pm »
So 99% are wearing 30 stones or more? They deserve to be outrun. Except you pulled that out of your ass. Archers were weight nerfed and get run down by non plate wearing non min/maxing strength builds.

So tired of people who think they should be able to take 10 hits, kill in 1, and catch anything that runs.
Bitch I got 9ath, I should be able to catch anything (including a courser), I don't wear any real armor either, it takes me 10 hits to kill most tincans, and I die in one, now I've sacrificed pretty much all survivability both against ranged and melee, I often get onehit by arrows in my legs hitting me while I'm moving in the other direction. Now, with 9ath and no real weight and a tiny 1h I still can't catch several archers.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Rumblood

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 25, 2012, 10:33:48 pm »
Bitch I got 9ath, I should be able to catch anything (including a courser), I don't wear any real armor either, it takes me 10 hits to kill most tincans, and I die in one, now I've sacrificed pretty much all survivability both against ranged and melee, I often get onehit by arrows in my legs hitting me while I'm moving in the other direction. Now, with 9ath and no real weight and a tiny 1h I still can't catch several archers.

Flatly, I don't believe you. Particularly when you are moving in the other direction it means you aren't chasing them  :idea:
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 25, 2012, 10:36:30 pm »
+1
(click to show/hide)

I dunno about you, but for me archery is hard as hell. I do belive that yes, il become somewhat semi-good shooter with moar playin, but im sure il
continualy get to eat shit from 2h heroes/shielders/cav whateva nomatter how much I play. I mean just look at the game now, the archers got nowere to run anymore cause the bag of arrows weighs about as much as a giant bolder, meleeing is quite difficult cause archers are made of glass and cav can just basically run them over now. Get run over 2-3 times you dead.

As I see it, most players will keep bitchin about archery until it is no longer playable. "Omg hes shooting us for the distance and is running slightly faster than us cause he doesnt have his entire ass covered in metal and clearly sees how hes gonna get into a fight he clearly has a huge disadvantage of, what bullshit, he is so damn OP, nerf NOWAAA!!" - they whine.

Now thats just purely you sucking.... I dont think we are really talking about the same game this time man. :P

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 25, 2012, 10:40:48 pm »
Flatly, I don't believe you. Particularly when you are moving in the other direction it means you aren't chasing them  :idea:
Pro tip: Learn to realize that I'm not always chasing you my old friends, and that I brought in examples from when I'm running the other way due to there being 4+ archers gathered together who are known as ath crutch kiter my old friends so you don't claim that it's the speed bonus of my 9ath that lets you onehit me.

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 25, 2012, 10:46:31 pm »
If we all played ranged this would not be a difficult FPS game. The difficulty comes from the fact its largely impacted by RNG. If you have a tight reticule its not hard at all. RNG does not change the skills involved in landing hits though, just makes you roll a dice to decide if you hit or not.

Everyone moves slow as molasses. Dodging relys on the enemy making a good shot. If he were to miss judge your movement you still get a decent chance of getting shot since you can dodge into the patch of the projectile. The projectile dip is very small..you don't really have to judge distance much at all. The shots land pretty fast. You get tones of ammo.

This would be the Hello Kitty Online of FPS games if we all played ranged. The problem is no one has a way to judge how good they are when they play ranged. Its not PVP so people get all Dunning Krueger and can't really assess how well they do
If you have ranged troubles use this:

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 25, 2012, 10:51:21 pm »
+1
I dunno about you, but for me archery is hard as hell. I do belive that yes, il become somewhat semi-good shooter with moar playin, but im sure il
continualy get to eat shit from 2h heroes/shielders/cav whateva nomatter how much I play. I mean just look at the game now, the archers got nowere to run anymore cause the bag of arrows weighs about as much as a giant bolder, meleeing is quite difficult cause archers are made of glass and cav can just basically run them over now. Get run over 2-3 times you dead.

As I see it, most players will keep bitchin about archery until it is no longer playable. "Omg hes shooting us for the distance and is running slightly faster than us cause he doesnt have his entire ass covered in metal and clearly sees how hes gonna get into a fight he clearly has a huge disadvantage of, what bullshit, he is so damn OP, nerf NOWAAA!!" - they whine.
A person being able to be outrun everyone, then attack at a reach no one else can attack to may not be overpowered, but he's gay, also maybe you retards stop wearing a fucking shirt and start wearing the highest armor you can get before the wpf penalty (like the drz mail shirt), then pick a reasonable build and then put aside 50 raw wpf points (barely 5wpf if you'd put them into archery) and put them into a melee skill, guess what? With the drz mail shirt and a none-retarded build you'll stand a chance in melee.

Now thats just purely you sucking.... I dont think we are really talking about the same game this time man. :P
Dear retard, believe it or not but with 4ps and 26 damage and the 1h anims it's not really all that possible to kill the big plate crutchers in small amounts of hits, now please explain to me how any of the other shit got anything to do with my skill level.

Offline highglandeur

• Count
  • Renown: 165
  • Infamy: 31
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 25, 2012, 11:03:21 pm »
+2

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #26 on: December 25, 2012, 11:13:01 pm »
@OP

The stats were changed around a fair bit from a while ago. I am not so sure about the speed, though. Polestagger was removed, some polearms' stats were adjusted. Many of the polearms you mentioned are still considered quite good.

@Archery
From the perspective of a melee player that never played foot ranged outside of single player, you just have to endure those who can always shoot at you while you have little chance of ever touching them without them letting you. At a hit-by-hit basis, getting hit by a ranged attack is often times more devastating than a melee hit. For some players, they feel that letting others getting that melee hit on them is much more difficult than the ranged hit, especially since it can come at any angle depending on the map (hills, roofs, etc.).

It's not difficult to see how it's unlikely for the melee player to empathize with most qualms ranged players may have. It feels like the easiest way to counter archers is to become a cav hybrid instead of increasing athletics and vastly lowering defense, or at least that's what I did.

Offline Rumblood

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 26, 2012, 12:17:50 am »
Pro tip: Learn to realize that I'm not always chasing you my old friends, and that I brought in examples from when I'm running the other way due to there being 4+ archers gathered together who are known as ath crutch kiter my old friends so you don't claim that it's the speed bonus of my 9ath that lets you onehit me.

I run them down with 6ath while carrying an Elite cavalry shield. Pro tip: Quit the QQ'ing and L2Play.

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 26, 2012, 12:19:11 am »
+1
I run them down with 6ath while carrying an Elite cavalry shield. Pro tip: Quit the QQ'ing and L2Play.
If you run all NAs archers down with 6ath then the kiting issue is not nearly as bad in NA. Pro tip: Go fuck yourself.

Offline Rumblood

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 26, 2012, 12:33:33 am »
If you run all NAs archers down with 6ath then the kiting issue is not nearly as bad in NA. Pro tip: Go fuck yourself.