Author Topic: What happened to this mod?  (Read 4746 times)

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
Re: What happened to this mod?
« Reply #30 on: December 24, 2012, 12:54:23 pm »
+1
Lot of us here have played CRPG since like mid 2010 and there around. For like over 2.5 years. It shouldn't come as a surprise really.

Even though i've taken tons of breaks.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Byrdi

• Earl
  • Renown: 489
  • Infamy: 59
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Byrdi, Swiss Chocolate, and lots of other alts
  • IRC nick: Byrdi
« Reply #31 on: December 24, 2012, 12:58:03 pm »
+2
Once you play a game too often over a long period of time, you are getting used to it, to all of the game mechanics and it feels the same every day.
The first day you started playing a game, the game feels amazing and new. That lasts for some time, probably even a year. During that time the game will always feel new and fucking amazing and makes you having a lot of fun.
That's btw applying for a lot of things in human life. Bought a new smartphone? Amazing thing heh? You like it, heh? Check it out after a few years. Oh god, how it sucked. The new smartphone is far better than the old.

That's also why most people love warband back in the beta or crpg in its first days. However the game today is far more better with all the new things like improved Strat, marketplace, upkeep system (!) and much more.

edit: Same applies to Archery in crpg. Im getting killed 2 out of 10 times by ranged. I hate being killed by range, I remember being killed by range. That's why I hate range and say, Im getting killed too often by ranged. Nerf them please.

This. Take a brake.
Also, upkeep patch is the best thing that happend to cRPG.

Offline POOPHAMMER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 328
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • yes thats me irl
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Barabe
  • Game nicks: POOPHAMMER
« Reply #32 on: December 24, 2012, 01:04:12 pm »
NOES! You're getting old.  :|

I'm only 26 :/
Uther Pendragon: dont worry i wasnt planning on trusting you anyway

Offline no_rules_just_play

• King
  • Renown: 1401
  • Infamy: 384
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE; Peasants United; Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: CapraAegagrusHircus_HRE; no_rules_just_play_HRE
  • IRC nick: norulesjustplay
« Reply #33 on: December 24, 2012, 01:05:48 pm »
I used to be a real addict to this mod. I used to be able to play it for hours on end.

Any time I try to play it anymore, I can not play it for more than a few minutes, and I close out of it and I find browsing the internet to be more fun. Has anyone else felt this way about this mod? Or have I simply just outgrown it?
|           
|
\/

Yup happened to me bout 6 months ago, i just quit, didnt play it at all now im back and having fun (mosty) so i suggest u do the same, couple of weeks even months will make you rediscover this game and mod and all the anger and bitterness will fade away.

This is what i used to have, I always stopped crpg because i didnt want to play it anymore. But after some time, I always came back. Now I'm in HRE i dont have that problem anymore.

Offline Armpit_Sweat

• High Lord of the Spam
  • King
  • Renown: 1417
  • Infamy: 154
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Armpit_Sweat, My_horses_name_is_Rebecca
« Reply #34 on: December 24, 2012, 01:07:16 pm »
I used to be a real addict to this mod. I used to be able to play it for hours on end.

Any time I try to play it anymore, I can not play it for more than a few minutes, and I close out of it and I find browsing the internet to be more fun. Has anyone else felt this way about this mod? Or have I simply just outgrown it?

Spam at The Temple of Spam

Offline Ozin

• Duke
  • Renown: 584
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
  • Mappers Guild
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • IRC nick: Ozin
« Reply #35 on: December 24, 2012, 01:58:17 pm »
+11
I think players are getting tired of the two main game modes, especially battle. We have two new gamemodes that are both ready for beta testing, but need some engine (wse2) fixes first, so we might have to wait a while for those.

As for battle, I'm not sure what can be done to improve it without ruining the mode. Feel free to post suggestions

Offline Miwiw

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 525
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Miwiw
« Reply #36 on: December 24, 2012, 02:01:19 pm »
+1
As for battle, I'm not sure what can be done to improve it without ruining the mode. Feel free to post suggestions

Imo battle is actually perfect. In native I played only battle straight for nearly 2 years. At the same time I played crpg since release and mostly battle as well. Rounds aren't too long or too short with 6 and 1/2 minutes. Most times they are over after about 4 minutes so that is fine and even when dying during the first seconds, no one has to wait too long to play again.
Flags sometimes could spawn a bit earlier, but even that is fine now. Only thing I could think of, is changing map rotation more often to not play the same maps a hundred times a day. :)
Miwiw_HRE - Two Handed
Trade with me

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 24, 2012, 02:09:05 pm »
+2
Less night time would really improve battle experience and should be easy to do
Nerf ranged (this is facetious comment, what I really mean is there should be a limit to amount of ranged, increase depth of ranged combat, reduce ammo, or tweak builds that work with crossbows).
If you have ranged troubles use this:

Offline Radament

• King
  • Renown: 1071
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • ☑Yes ☒No
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction
  • Game nicks: «Radament» «Miasma»
« Reply #38 on: December 24, 2012, 02:22:03 pm »
the fact is any other games offer the melee system that crpg/warband offers (chivalry apart , nice game but too arcadeish and fps oriented) , tried different games like this , Jedi academy was one i really enjoyed but it has empty servers now :( , i played rune , awesome game but now it's just spamming axes and pray to kill , played darkfall 1 , nice mmofps but it does not have parry system (apart the stupid parry that decrease damage) and mages are gay.
seriously , crpg is the only game i can play atm ; if darkfall had a melee combat like this , that will be the game of my dreams.

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #39 on: December 24, 2012, 02:29:09 pm »
+1
Do like i did build a hybrid an stop min maxing.... srly.. i cant stress how much more fun it is to just play witha  fun build instead of just pure builds.  :wink:

No wonder people get sick of the mod when they play with there pure builds past lvl 33......  :P
Can't believe I +1'd Tzar (arrogant prick :P ) but he's right...
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Mlekce

• Earl
  • Renown: 454
  • Infamy: 367
  • cRPG Player
  • Remove kebab
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard, ex Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Mlekce, Sergius
  • IRC nick: Mlekce
« Reply #40 on: December 24, 2012, 02:36:12 pm »
+2

I feel the same. I thought when i get to gen 16 i will be happy and want to grind and make easily mw items,but i play it less and less so it takes me longer to reach lvl 31 when i am gen 16 then when i was gen 1.
Main problem is that everything is the same,i only have fun when i kick and tw other ppl in DTV and make them rage.  :P :twisted:

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 24, 2012, 02:40:19 pm »
+9
The problem with cRPG is that after you tried M&B Warband, all games that are slightly similar to it will feel dull and unrewarding. Let's be honest, cRPG over the years basically became a balance fix for Native MP + some content (not saying the content or gamemodes are bad, but the core features that were part of cRPG in 2010 are all gone). Furthermore, it's normal people eventually grow bored of something they played for several years.

The combination of these two elements leads me to the conclusion that cRPG is a sort of gamer's curse. You can't play any other game because they are bad in comparison, but after some years you won't even be able to play cRPG due to boredom.

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 24, 2012, 03:14:24 pm »
+1
The problem with cRPG is that after you tried M&B Warband, all games that are slightly similar to it will feel dull and unrewarding. Let's be honest, cRPG over the years basically became a balance fix for Native MP + some content (not saying the content or gamemodes are bad, but the core features that were part of cRPG in 2010 are all gone). Furthermore, it's normal people eventually grow bored of something they played for several years.

The combination of these two elements leads me to the conclusion that cRPG is a sort of gamer's curse. You can't play any other game because they are bad in comparison, but after some years you won't even be able to play cRPG due to boredom.
'tis true, cRPG has ruined gaming for me :(
fffffffffffff-

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1994
  • Infamy: 2421
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 24, 2012, 03:18:11 pm »
+1
cRPG is awesome, when clan boys are doing something else than playing it. Regardless of that, I'm enjoying it.

Offline Boerenlater

• Marshall
  • Renown: 728
  • Infamy: 204
  • cRPG Player
  • Jebem ti život!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Boerenlater
« Reply #44 on: December 24, 2012, 03:51:00 pm »
Just take a break. A week, a month.