Author Topic: Use this Thread to Talk About that City  (Read 9909 times)

Offline GOBBLINKINGREATLEADER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 515
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Daruvian, GOBBLINKINGGREATLEADER
Re: Use this Thread to Talk About that City
« Reply #45 on: December 24, 2012, 10:46:40 pm »
+1
I spontaneously decide to delete my posts.

M8. Oh, and Tanken I remember spawning on that weird glitched forward spawn and immediately being hit by 4 enemies. I could not comprehend what the fuck had happened.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2012, 11:01:18 pm by Daruvian »

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 24, 2012, 11:07:27 pm »
+1
I spontaneously decide to delete my posts.

M8. Oh, and Tanken I remember spawning on that weird glitched forward spawn and immediately being hit by 4 enemies. I could not comprehend what the fuck had happened.

You died. So if you wake up and your lying on the ground and your wondering to yourself, ''what the fuck just happened?''. Hero Party has just passed you by.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 24, 2012, 11:08:57 pm »
+2

You died. So if you wake up and your lying on the ground and your wondering to yourself, ''what the fuck just happened?''. Hero Party has just passed you by.

You can't wake up dead m8.

Offline Tanken

• King
  • Renown: 1463
  • Infamy: 395
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Tanken
« Reply #48 on: December 24, 2012, 11:09:41 pm »
Yeah Daruvian was one that spawned there lol. That bug sucked because it took us like 5 minutes to safely get there, get it built, and get ready and then a shit load of you spawned there.
Below is a Collection of Finalists in my Design my Avatar contest -- They all did Awesome!
Thanks to all of those who contributed.

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 24, 2012, 11:09:58 pm »
+2
You can't wake up dead m8.

Respawns m8.

Offline Bravix

• Peasant
  • Renown: 7
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 24, 2012, 11:10:32 pm »
+2
I could not comprehend what the fuck had happened.

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 24, 2012, 11:14:07 pm »
+2
I've really been having the shittiest of luck with spawns in these last few battles. The battle in that BIRD CLAN fief before that siege, I had spawned twice in a certain spot in the middle of the town and immediately gotten killed by teammates that were swinging at an enemy overlapping where I spawned.

Fucking chadz.

Offline Kirbyy

• Count
  • Renown: 286
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player
  • Hi guys
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Malta 4 lyfe.
  • Game nicks: Kirby, ynyng
« Reply #52 on: December 25, 2012, 08:59:32 am »
Ahhh yes, I must put an input if I am to spam threads... Seriously though, I have to go with what Peppovitch said, even if you guys COULD reach that flag, you still wouldn't have won.  You wasted a shitload of resources as an attempt to trap and destroy an abnormal amount of tickets on Hospitaller's side, you even sent a catapult there (that's what I heard on TS).  This shouldn't be a discussion on Diplomacy, it should simply be a request and complaint in strategus issues, and in the map's threads.

A ho ho ho to all of you! Kirby's alter ego, SANTAKirby has finally escaped SEXYKirby's basement and is now on the loose in the forums!  Moderators will be searching but it is now officially christmas in central time zone, so I resolve to say that my promise is now intact, all of you that have posted before me have gotten atleast a +1, so I'm on to other threads to spread random +1's!  A good day everyone!

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #53 on: December 27, 2012, 01:18:47 am »
(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

Summed it up well.  We had taken all the left and almost the entire middle of the city past the 2 arches with a 2:1 k/d and almost the entire length of the wall with all those flags down. (A couple people were commenting how this was even easier than Reyvadin (helped we had much better gear in this most recent fight than in both previous city fights and Reyvadin had a much more difficult city setup and better defenders with equivalent gear).  Well on track to win with plenty of time to spare getting us a couple thousand troops captured.

Then everyone kept repeating that enemies were jumping from behind and hitting our forward spawn which should have been safely nestled against an invisible wall.  After several minutes we figured out what was going on and sent several people back to spam ladders and get over the walls and houses to where their flag was.  Meanwhile they had several xbowers hidden safely behind the invisible wall on house roofs where they could have cross to our side but instead just stayed there and sniped at us as we spawned and a few occitan kept using multiple ladders to go from rooftop to rooftop behind the invisible wall in order to drop down directly on the forward spawn.  Heroin_jabonra and a couple other hero party guys meanwhile used ladders at the wall to get behind us and then hit our first forward spawn just behind the wall or snipe from the castle walls while we could do nothing in return being blocked by the invisble wall.

It was at this point we decided to bring all the remnant back to build a catapult and defend it to try and break down the buildings/walls part of the invsible wall.  This was when we lost a lot of what we gained in the city and basically stayed in the left side of the city.  (to the people who said we shoudl have captured the rest of the city and forced everyonne to spawn behind the invisble wall and the developers would have given us the city - i call bullshit, we lost 800 troops to a retreat by the other side when it bugged out and even though we won we lost an entire army.  Mercs lost a 1600 man army that had just capped all flags on a castle and it glitched and made defenders win in after battle report and developers never did anything - there is no way developers would have given us the city unless we took it).

When the catapult failed (this is 25-30 minutes into having 1/3rd of our forces focused on getting to that spawn point behind our lines) we brought everyone in focusing on laddering, trying to use horses (actually worked once or twice with backing up then dismounting in just the right spot) and finally doing a cross-forward spawn near the border, but by that point we had pretty much abandoned almost the entire city - had to tk hundreds of tickets of people getting stuck in the spikes or invisible wall and wasted almost 50 minutes to get one flag - with all the tks and us just milling around trying to get in we ended up with slightly better than a 1:1 k/d.  I don't think this is Hospitallers fault, but trying to pretend like you would have won regardless is kind of silly - almost every non 6 am battle we do roughly 2:1 k/d and we were well on track to do exactly what we did with curaw and reyvadin.

You got a great reprieve through a glitched map and I'm hoping getting all that gear which actually turn you from sheep into lions so we don't have to always always be the aggressors and you the turtles unless you get to be a proxy for eu troops and gear (strat 2 and 3).  yes I wish the developers had tested the map even once before posting it.  Yes, i wish the other factions playing as mercs for hospitallers hadn't abused the shit out of the glitch by sniping from behind invisble walls and using the invisble wall to get up close to our forward spawns before dropping down.  But there is absolutely no way for that city to be lost until the map is fixed and I have yet to hear a single word from developers that it is being fixed - i guess rageball more important.

P.S.  Didn't Hospitallers attack this as a neutral fief in strat 3???  Wouldn't you have known about this from that??  Sorry, I don't know if you did or not - FCC quit really early while we still hadn't lost a major battle and had 8-9 fiefs and thousands of troops we gave away to other factions that didnt find strat 3 mind-numbingly boring compared to LOL and star wars, dont know many of the details other than rumors of devlize selling duped strat gold for millions in crpg gold and stuff like that (rumors, like I said I have no idea what happened)

PPS : really.  make use of what we gave you through a glitch and grow a sack - how many other factions than us have the balls to try what we do - 3 cities in a row
« Last Edit: December 27, 2012, 01:23:10 am by Keshian »
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Aztek

• Count
  • Renown: 282
  • Infamy: 62
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Hospitaller
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller Aztek
« Reply #54 on: December 27, 2012, 02:59:44 am »
+2

PPS : really.  make use of what we gave you through a glitch and grow a sack - how many other factions than us have the balls to try what we do - 3 cities in a row

Wouldn't having balls be going after a stronger faction, or even equal sized faction at that. FCC is dominating, there is no questions of that.. And yes that map was glitched (for both sides, I don't know why you assume we play tricks on you just to win, there were bugs that hurt us as well just as much) But going after a weaker battered down faction is not having balls, Strategically speaking you are doing a great move, conquering an easy opponent while they are down, But going to war guns blazing claiming equal resources and an outcome decided by skill is far fetched from actual events. I'm sorry you haven't been able to roll over us as easily as expected, And you can blame it on us "Cheating" to win all you want, but I'm sure any none biased party can see for them selves what is actually going on.

Why don't you just keep playing the game, Eventually we will fall, We don't have 1/20th of the resources FCC has, so its only a matter of time, But you do not need to keep playing a poor sport? We have lost enough already and are still keeping our composure, if we lose we can accept that and move on to the next battle, Bugs or not.. as every side has to deal with it.

I don't agree with everyone calling you out as a crazy paranoid individual, I never agree with attacking anyone's character to be spitful or hurtful, But I'm sure if you had a little more empathy and rationality things would not be as stressful for you with these events. Try and enjoy the game.. Work/Life is stressful enough, Games are suppose to be our stress release.. I'm more than happy to let you kill me over and over in game to get some frustration out (Its not hard, I'm average at best).

"Can't we all just, Get along?" .... Seriously!  :lol:

Offline Rikthor

• Earl
  • Renown: 432
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BOARD Clan
  • Game nicks: Historian_Rikthorrr
« Reply #55 on: December 27, 2012, 04:30:26 am »
"Can't we all just, Get along?" .... Seriously!  :lol:

Clearly you haven't read these forums recently, the answer is no. Sad state of affairs I am afraid, but to be expected when certain individuals clearly care way too much about internet pixels and their reputation in said community dealing with internet pixels.
Quote from: chadz
No matter how long you guys cry - I will not give in to dumbing strategus down because some people just want battles. If all you want are battles, then play cRPG, not strat. There are other people who like advanced gameplay.

Trolololololol

Offline Uumdi

• Duke
  • Renown: 651
  • Infamy: 59
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Ready to Die
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Uumdi_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: Uumdi
« Reply #56 on: December 27, 2012, 04:33:55 am »
+2
My pink text can beat up your pink text.

Ten shots of prayers, ten shots a day
A shot of thrill to hide the pain.
They can`t win, they just don`t cry,
The troopers know they live to die.

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 27, 2012, 05:13:57 am »
Clearly you haven't read these forums recently, the answer is no. Sad state of affairs I am afraid, but to be expected when certain individuals clearly care way too much about internet pixels and their reputation in said community dealing with internet pixels.

I think its mostly people either being amused by Kesh or legitimately feeling sorry for him.  I really doubt most people mean or care about the things they say about Strategus except annoyance at scheduling or bugs. 

That dude though is some fucking strategus werewolf who is overcome with manic paranoid delusions and an endless fountain of rage.  I honestly think he should quit Strategus or take a long break before the tragic events of Sandy Hook Elementary School repeat themselves in Kesh's neighborhood.

Don't say I didn't warn anybody.  Seriously.
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline BaleOhay

• Marshall
  • Renown: 789
  • Infamy: 229
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BS
« Reply #58 on: December 27, 2012, 01:54:30 pm »
+4
ridiculous comment as usual smoothrich. It is a bit to soon to start using something so horrific in your rants to try and sound intelligent and witty
« Last Edit: December 27, 2012, 03:47:05 pm by BaleOhay »
Leader of BS

Offline Goretooth

• Duke
  • Renown: 634
  • Infamy: 237
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 27, 2012, 04:19:52 pm »
+5
I think its mostly people either being amused by Kesh or legitimately feeling sorry for him.  I really doubt most people mean or care about the things they say about Strategus except annoyance at scheduling or bugs. 

That dude though is some fucking strategus werewolf who is overcome with manic paranoid delusions and an endless fountain of rage.  I honestly think he should quit Strategus or take a long break before the tragic events of Sandy Hook Elementary School repeat themselves in Kesh's neighborhood.

Don't say I didn't warn anybody.  Seriously.
he does sound like he needs a break. I used to be just as bad awhile back but I realized you gotta step back from the game. Unplug from the game sometimes or end up a nutbar.

Braeden - Clanless maybe? or Free Peasant not sure - Rarely plays, plus might be retarded
Tydeus - Nord EU Scum - Hates adminning