Author Topic: Use this Thread to Talk About that City  (Read 9421 times)

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
Re: Use this Thread to Talk About that City
« Reply #30 on: December 24, 2012, 06:51:28 pm »
+2
mate
Turtles

Offline Tomas

• Marshall
  • Renown: 718
  • Infamy: 217
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • Fallen Brigade Website
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Tomas
« Reply #31 on: December 24, 2012, 07:01:36 pm »
+4
Yeah, it's FFCs fault they didn't know the map was sorta broken, you deserve it for expecting the town you attack not to have any technical issues.  :rolleyes:

Have you not played Strat before?  I assume all maps to be bugged until I have physically played in a major battle on them.  Even them i'm still not 100% sure :D

Here's just a few of the glitches i know about.

1) Ichamur -> one defending flag now known to be unreachable (except by complicated use of forward spawns)
2) Any random plains map with a slope next to a stream is bugged so that you sink into the ground.
3) Jammeyyad Castle -> defenders can get onto a hill and shoot down onto attackers whilst the attackers are denied access to the same hill.  Plus you can walk into the Castle over the walls.
4) Tshibtin -> Two of the attackers flags are protected by an invisible wall.
5) Slezkh Castle -> Invisible walls block ladders in a number of locations
6) Dashbigha (I think) -> You can glitch your way into one of the houses
7) Any Wooden Castle -> Wooden Walls can't be destroyed.  Meow told me the models exist for this so I consider it a glitch.  This may even have been fixed but nobody has tested it this Strat as who is going to risk an army for the test?
8) Etrosq Castle -> As you destroy one of the walls the model moves sideways creating a gap in the walls that you can walk through.  Happens on other maps too (Bulugha Castle iirc).
9) Any map with a specific type of destroyable tower. -> Can't remember which maps this occurs on but you can walk through one of the models of destroyed towers.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2012, 07:07:05 pm by Tomas »

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 24, 2012, 07:06:46 pm »
+2
I attacked a wooden castle that couldn't be taken down with catapults.  Better ban the entire defending team for exploiting once I think I'm gonna lose.  Anything else would be biased.
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #33 on: December 24, 2012, 07:09:18 pm »
+3
Yeah wooden castles still aren't breakable with catapults in strat 4.

Would be nice to just replace them with a random stone castle (or some nice map maker replaces the map with stone walls)
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Rikthor

• Earl
  • Renown: 432
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BOARD Clan
  • Game nicks: Historian_Rikthorrr
« Reply #34 on: December 24, 2012, 07:10:25 pm »
+3
Show me the rules that say you can't defend an area as defense if the flag has a glitchy perimeter in a Strat battle.  Or an example of people being banned for this.  Maybe I will change my perspective then.  Until then I consider everyone saying people who fought and defended themselves at their glitchy spawn were exploiters as biased (shockingly all from the losing side of a battle)  with poor common sense for rules.

All have a case of the Kesh.  Go to the doctor.

Please point out where I asked you to ban anyone mate? Please point out where I said they were exploiters mate. You are right, defending glitchy spawns is not expressly forbidden just like many "questionable tactics" are not mate. It comes down to perspective of what people consider fair play, abusing game mechanics, exploiting, and the like.

I guess some people just want battles, and others just want fair, non-glitchy battles for all. Mate.

e:
(click to show/hide)

I actually had no idea about most of those, that's rather depressing.

ee: MATE
Quote from: chadz
No matter how long you guys cry - I will not give in to dumbing strategus down because some people just want battles. If all you want are battles, then play cRPG, not strat. There are other people who like advanced gameplay.

Trolololololol

Offline Turboflex

• Duke
  • Renown: 648
  • Infamy: 212
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
« Reply #35 on: December 24, 2012, 07:34:19 pm »
+2
the only time I have ever seen 2000+ cities fall in one shot was KUTT.

99% of the time people have had to grind them down, 1000-1500 per attack.

FCC is crazy to keep attacking with more than 1500 troops (which is basically the timer limit you can use), expecting Hospitaller capital holdings to fall in one shot like KUTT's. Hospitaller is not clownshoes it's not gonna happen. Hospi's core holdings were prepped for a long sieges for months now, since the NH/VE war.

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 24, 2012, 07:37:15 pm »
+7
I was in a UIF battle a few weeks ago, they knocked down the walls of a Fallen or whoever's castle.  Then on our side the wall was intact and impassable, enemy side the wall was fully open and exposed, and the enemy freely used ranged and pikes through it.  So we made a siege tower and the ramp simply wouldn't open.  Every ladder died in 2 hits from pikes.

UIF completely quit the game a few weeks later.

Kesh please follow their example.

Here's him in IRC shortly after the battle.  http://pastebin.com/7kN7GxRX

Screenshots during following battles: http://i.imgur.com/VxngI.jpg  (didn't cap most of the rage)

He also will be invading Hero Party with the FCC's entire 8k forces left in stock, pulling out of Hospitaller lands after their tragic defeats.  Because he's finally up to here with Hero Party being a clan of cheaters and admin abusers who obey no rules, after I refused to mass ban the entire Hospitaller faction + all their mercs for having a buggy spawn. The past 2-3 Strat battles I've been in just had Kesh spamming chat nonstop for 1-2 hours calling everyone on the other side cheaters and exploiters who needed to be permanently banned.  Its cringe-worthy and that's what these complaints remind me of.

You are really awful to deal with or talk to about anything involving Strat, Kesh, and anyone who shares your opinions I can't take seriously because you have such a terrible attitude of non stop shit talking and complaining.  Hopefully the christmas break will make you something less of an insane idiot, but I have my doubts.  Anyone who agrees with Kesh in any of this is nothing but enabling an out of control paranoid schizophrenic dude as well. 

Get out of the Kesh bubble of insanity and have some fun and learn to laugh/facepalm at the bugs.  Also I will be looking forward to the mass invasion by FCC and friends the moment Strat unfreezes because of my horrible admin abuse!
« Last Edit: December 24, 2012, 07:44:52 pm by Smoothrich »
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline Knute

• Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 682
  • Infamy: 21
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Free Peasants of Fisdnar
« Reply #37 on: December 24, 2012, 07:37:58 pm »
+4
I was on the defenders side and got spawned in this back area a few times, usually when I set my flag around the front wall area and it got taken down.  It was really confusing, a lot of us were running up and down dead end streets because we didn't know the map or how to get back out.  One time I ran to a dead end and then when going back seemed to hit an invisible wall in the middle of the street and was stuck there for a while.  After jumping against it and running back and forth for a while I was able to get past it and eventually found the exit, marked here with orange arrow:

(click to show/hide)

There was a way to go to the top of the wall then jump down onto a lower wall to get back in:

(click to show/hide)

Exit point from inside:

(click to show/hide)

I got bumped into this alcove next to the exit then was stuck so had to quit out:

(click to show/hide)

Attackers trying to get to glitched flag:

(click to show/hide)

Bottom line, map needs to be fixed, but I think if the attackers would have focused on taking all the flags on their right/middle and then gone after that one last they would've had a better chance of winning, especially with the longer spawn times.

Offline Tomas

• Marshall
  • Renown: 718
  • Infamy: 217
    • View Profile
    • Fallen Brigade Website
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Tomas
« Reply #38 on: December 24, 2012, 07:53:50 pm »
+5
I guess some people just want battles, and others just want fair, non-glitchy battles for all. Mate.

I think people want both but the only way to find the glitches is to play test and usually by the time that happens the person who made the map is inactive and others probably don't want to step on their toes.

These glitches just become part of the maps for me.  In this case if FCC now know that they have to kill every single ticket in Ichamur or somehow get to that flag earlier.  Given FCC's usual performance they are easily capable of it and I will be interested to see how they adapt their tactics. 

Hopefully at some point the glitch will be fixed but it isn't game breaking so for now fight on. 

I actually had no idea about most of those, that's rather depressing.
There's more that i can't remember but in the Admin's defense the list of working Strat maps is much bigger.  There are 170ish fief maps after all :)

Offline Tanken

• King
  • Renown: 1463
  • Infamy: 395
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Tanken
« Reply #39 on: December 24, 2012, 08:36:08 pm »
plenty of issues with it.

The hidden spawn point. Defenders knowingly using it as a staging area to attack.

We built the forward spawn in the inviswall area and used it to breach and get your flag down. You guys did not build that. Unfortunately it took 35 mins to figure out how to get in.

Not talking about your forward spawn Bale, I'm talking about the one that we built clear out by your spawn after we had destroyed your original one. Five of us would have ended the match there because we were set up to capture all your flags and had infantry ready to come reinforce it, but the second we finished that forward spawn you guys started spawning there which was a weird gay bug.
Below is a Collection of Finalists in my Design my Avatar contest -- They all did Awesome!
Thanks to all of those who contributed.

Offline Goretooth

• Duke
  • Renown: 634
  • Infamy: 237
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 24, 2012, 08:41:50 pm »
+1
the only time I have ever seen 2000+ cities fall in one shot was KUTT.

99% of the time people have had to grind them down, 1000-1500 per attack.

FCC is crazy to keep attacking with more than 1500 troops (which is basically the timer limit you can use), expecting Hospitaller capital holdings to fall in one shot like KUTT's. Hospitaller is not clownshoes it's not gonna happen. Hospi's core holdings were prepped for a long sieges for months now, since the NH/VE war.
cant see on my phone but who down voted?

Braeden - Clanless maybe? or Free Peasant not sure - Rarely plays, plus might be retarded
Tydeus - Nord EU Scum - Hates adminning

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #41 on: December 24, 2012, 09:02:27 pm »
+1
cant see on my phone but who down voted?
Tank Burner.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Tanken

• King
  • Renown: 1463
  • Infamy: 395
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Tanken
« Reply #42 on: December 24, 2012, 09:04:17 pm »
+1
Yes I Did, simply because I didn't understand the reference to Clownshoes.
Below is a Collection of Finalists in my Design my Avatar contest -- They all did Awesome!
Thanks to all of those who contributed.

Offline Goretooth

• Duke
  • Renown: 634
  • Infamy: 237
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 24, 2012, 09:19:56 pm »
+1
Yes I Did, simply because I didn't understand the reference to Clownshoes.
Strange foot wear you have.

Braeden - Clanless maybe? or Free Peasant not sure - Rarely plays, plus might be retarded
Tydeus - Nord EU Scum - Hates adminning

Offline Uumdi

• Duke
  • Renown: 651
  • Infamy: 59
  • Ready to Die
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Uumdi_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: Uumdi
« Reply #44 on: December 24, 2012, 10:33:26 pm »
+2
This thread needs more "m8" and "mate".  Lets get back on track here.

Ten shots of prayers, ten shots a day
A shot of thrill to hide the pain.
They can`t win, they just don`t cry,
The troopers know they live to die.