Author Topic: Use this Thread to Talk About that City  (Read 9376 times)

Offline Tanken

• King
  • Renown: 1463
  • Infamy: 395
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Tanken
Use this Thread to Talk About that City
« on: December 24, 2012, 06:07:51 am »
+3
As Title says.

Obviously some bugs with the walls and flags, but one of the funniest moments is when we on Defense tried to set up a forward spawn outside your spawn and all of a sudden you guys started spawning on it in mass. That was balls.

Let's cry here.

http://c-rpg.net/index.php?page=battlesparticipated#!?page=battledetail&id=1879

Below is a Collection of Finalists in my Design my Avatar contest -- They all did Awesome!
Thanks to all of those who contributed.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline BaleOhay

• Marshall
  • Renown: 789
  • Infamy: 229
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BS
Re: Use this Thread to Talk About that City
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2012, 06:12:37 am »
+2
plenty of issues with it.

The hidden spawn point. Defenders knowingly using it as a staging area to attack.

We built the forward spawn in the inviswall area and used it to breach and get your flag down. You guys did not build that. Unfortunately it took 35 mins to figure out how to get in.
Leader of BS

Offline Blackzilla

• Earl
  • Renown: 451
  • Infamy: 108
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FIDLGB(strat/crpg),Dracul(Friends)
  • Game nicks: Blackzilla_FIDLGB, Helios The Shiny
  • IRC nick: Blackzilla
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2012, 06:14:26 am »

The hidden spawn point. Defenders knowingly using it as a staging area to attack.

We built the forward spawn in the inviswall area and used it to breach and get your flag down. You guys did not build that. Unfortunately it took 35 mins to figure out how to get in.
Lol the people who spawned there bitched about it the whole time.

Offline Kirbyy

• Count
  • Renown: 286
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player
  • Hi guys
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Malta 4 lyfe.
  • Game nicks: Kirby, ynyng
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2012, 06:14:42 am »
I just laugh at the hipocracy in that battle...

[edit] Oh I'm sorry, did I say something wrong?

You got evul spawn so we gonna skyladder into city GG.

What he said.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2012, 06:24:34 am by LookItsMountNBladeMan »

Offline Malaclypse

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 146
  • In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2012, 06:17:37 am »
+2
Defenders knowingly using it as a staging area to attack.

Pure speculation, and incorrect speculation as well. Yes, there was a bugged flag, and yes, we were spawning at it, but not by choice. It's not like we laddered over the walls to get back there and set ourselves there, we spawned there as a result of the flag we were designated at being overtaken. After 10 minutes of running around I finally found a way out by hopping the wall near the forward spawn and so, of course, charged at it because I had no hope of making it back to friendly lines and a different flag, so it was the only way to be useful while stuck on that spawn.
You think you're pretty smart with your dago mustache and your greasy hair.

Offline raccoonlord

• Baron
  • Renown: 132
  • Infamy: 25
  • HoC_Raccoon
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HoC
  • Game nicks: HoC_Funesti_Equites, HoC_HeavyHitter_Monty, AND MANY MORE!!!
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2012, 06:18:34 am »
+2

It forced us to spawn their, we couldn't spawn anywhere else because you guys were blocking all the ways out so we couldn't select a new spawn.

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2012, 06:21:43 am »
+1
It forced us to spawn their, we couldn't spawn anywhere else because you guys were blocking all the ways out so we couldn't select a new spawn.

You got evul spawn so we gonna skyladder into city GG.

Offline Bravix

• Peasant
  • Renown: 7
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2012, 06:32:42 am »
+1

Lmao a staging area? Are you kidding me? I was lucky enough to not get auto-spawned there. Saying that we were using it as a staging area is just ridiculous. We wouldn't be able to get back there by choice EVEN IF WE WANTED TO. So it'd be pretty damn hard to use it as a staging area >.>

That spawn in no way helped us, as the people who spawned there were stuck until they figured a way to get out. Nobody wanted to be there. On top of that, at our worse we had at least half the city's spawns remaining. So its not like we ever ran out of spawns and had to use it to keep in the fight.

Edit: Haha and Kesh downvoted me. Cute.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2012, 07:56:41 pm by Bravix »

Offline Chestaclese

• Earl
  • Renown: 340
  • Infamy: 106
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Remnants
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2012, 06:34:42 am »
+3
It took a lot of ingenuity to find a way to that flag. We should win the battle for just getting it down haha. We tried laddering over to it, catapulting down any and all walls near it, and finally found a way by building a forward spawn inside the glitched area that you could click on from the non glitched area. We just figured it out too late. Took a while first to realize the flag was there, then to figure out there was no way to get to it, and finally trial and error figuring out a way back there.

"Threatening Chesty with tea bagging is clearly not worth the effort. It is like offering sex addict an orgy." - BaleofGay.

"ILL OPEN MY GIFTS LATER MOM, IM BUSY FIGHTING CHESTACLES IN AN ONLINE HORSE SIMULATOR GAME." - Oprah Winafrey

“He's using everything he can to get me banned, admins please don't let him get away with this. He's ban baiting me, please help.” - Ducky_The_Banned

Offline SHinOCk

• Earl
  • Renown: 369
  • Infamy: 58
  • Is that all you've got!?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: 1%
  • Game nicks: Occitan_SHinOCk, Occitan_Baz, Derp_In_A_Can, Disease_Infested_Cum_Bucket, The_Long_Dick_Of_The_Law
  • IRC nick: SHinOCk
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2012, 06:59:44 am »
+2

No way we used it as a staging point, if you could look at the logs you would see i complained at some point that we had only 1 spot to go out and you guys were camping the shit out of it with 3-4 archers and some melee forcing us into doing nothing instead of wasting countless ticket just because the game forced us into spawning on a glitched flag.
While you burn at the stake, i dance with the flames

Offline Peppovitch

• Count
  • Renown: 276
  • Infamy: 128
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Hospitaller
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller_Peppovitch
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2012, 08:10:51 am »
+3
Although the map does need to be fixed,  It was not a determining factor or an advantage for either side. 

At any given point there were multiple people getting stuck there on our side,  taking them out of the battle.  A few were able to squeeze out,  the rest had to reconnect to fix it,  wasting defender tickets.

The attackers did not even take 50% of our flags at any point, so the unreachable flag had no true influence on the battle.  Had you managed to take all but that flag,  then there would be a problem.

A redo for this battle would be ridiculous.  It was a hard fought battle that swung both ways the whole time.  We didn't all show up for this battle during the holiday just to have wasted the time and have to do it again.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2012, 09:05:55 am by Peppovitch »

Offline GOBBLINKINGREATLEADER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 515
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Daruvian, GOBBLINKINGGREATLEADER
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2012, 09:41:14 am »
+7
As a neutral party that went between Teamspeaks during the match and likes both of the factions I have to disagree and say that the area with the blocked off flag DID affect the match in a very large way. You have to look at it critically through the tactical logic of how the leaders of FCC were looking at it. FCC was forced to dedicate a section of their 50 troops solely to getting to a blocked off area for the entirety of the match, troops that were thus not even participating in combat. Both teams in this battle were VERY careful to ensure that they had as close to an active, experienced, and skilled 50 man roster as they could... and FCC having to dedicate 1/5 of it's team simply to getting over this glitch for the entire battle undoubtedly is just not fair and it hampered the ability of FCC to fight on even ground. The entire match was innately flawed and at it's very core impossible for FCC to win unless Hospitaller or admins decided to intervene for the sake of fairness, and neither party did. If you want to argue that FCC didn't have to invest it's manpower in getting to that flag area as a first priority, you aren't understanding FCC's perspective.

Keshian's logic: If FCC had instead used all of their manpower and leadership to capture all of the OTHER flags throughout the city and succeeded in capping all of those flags, this would mean that ALL FIFTY of the Hospitaller troops would now be spawning in the blocked off area at the only remaining flag. This glitch in the map pragmatically made it so that Hospitaller could ONLY lose if they decided to lose by giving up that area (which they did not), and that in order for FCC to win they had to find a way to overcome a glitch that they should have had no obligation to deal with in the first place.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2012, 11:45:22 am by Daruvian »

Offline Uumdi

• Duke
  • Renown: 651
  • Infamy: 59
  • Ready to Die
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Uumdi_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: Uumdi
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2012, 11:57:45 am »
+2
City defense should have an advantage.  I agree that bugs suck, but the city should still have to be taken ticket for ticket.  Defense sounded just as irritated as offense.

It was a real shit show, but I think it was handled appropriately.  Smoothrich or whoever the admin was at the time simply put it, there's nothing we can do right now, we'll talk about it later and hope the bugs get fixed.  AFAIK we need to playtest these maps before it comes down to battles with over 9000 troops.

Ten shots of prayers, ten shots a day
A shot of thrill to hide the pain.
They can`t win, they just don`t cry,
The troopers know they live to die.

Offline GOBBLINKINGREATLEADER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 515
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Daruvian, GOBBLINKINGGREATLEADER
« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2012, 12:03:13 pm »
+1
City defense should have an advantage.  I agree that bugs suck, but the city should still have to be taken ticket for ticket.  Defense sounded just as irritated as offense.

It was a real shit show, but I think it was handled appropriately.  Smoothrich or whoever the admin was at the time simply put it, there's nothing we can do right now, we'll talk about it later and hope the bugs get fixed.  AFAIK we need to playtest these maps before it comes down to battles with over 9000 troops.

Defense should have an advantage but that advantage shouldn't be a glitch that makes the offense's job pragmatically impossible... and people don't attack with 3000 troops when they are planning to win ticket for ticket. They would attack with MAYBE 1000 if that was their plan. A 3000 man army is used to attempt to capture flags.

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2012, 12:03:30 pm »
+11
The entire match was innately flawed and at it's very core impossible for FCC to win unless Hospitaller or admins decided to intervene for the sake of fairness, and neither party did. If you want to argue that FCC didn't have no to invest it's manpower in getting to that flag area as a first priority, you aren't understanding FCC's perspective.

Tons of factions this Strategus have lost entire armies without even getting a chance to fight due to the battle listings freezing up and battles going off at random hours.  This game is full of bugs and it usually screws over one side.  Its nobodies fault (except the map makers of course.)

Keep in mind Hospitaller side people kept trying to change their spawn points.  Only discussion about the broken flag was complaining about being spawn camped and trapped there and how unfun it was.  A few players completely GTX because whenever they set a new spawn flag they'd randomly get put back there, and some people just got killed at that flag repeatedly without getting the chance to set a new one.

What were admins supposed to do about a single buggy spawn point?  Begin mass banning everyone who accidently spawned there?  I told everyone to manage the best they could, no one liked that spawn point, and play the battle as regular.  As far as I saw and helped organize, the majority of the fighting was on the opposite side of the map anyways.  We had over half the city under our control with dozens of flags that never got threatened, and thousands of tickets of gear.

Hypothetically if every flag was down except that one it'd be plenty awkward, but that situation was extremely improbable and probably impossible unless they were all mass banned or something.

To me this looks like trying to get a reset cuz FCC made a mistake.  Expected an easy win like the KUTT cities where they ran out of gear, so attacked with thousands of troops.  Hosps were organized and prepared, kept a 1:1 KD ratio, and duked it out until you guys ran out of time.  FCC made a strategic error and are blaming a single spawn point for having almost 2 thousand unused tickets when time ran out.

Do you really expect the devs to roll back all of strategus and reset this battle because you lost it?  Tens of thousands of troops have been lost due to much worse bugs in battles that they never even got to fight with no compensation.  That's why most of UIF stopped playing.

It would be nice but it simply doesn't happen with this game.  Most importantly no players were to blame for a map having a glitch.  Remember Strat 2 and onwards when they introduced flags, and how many maps had invisible walls guarding a spawn?  All we did was suck it up and report it to the devs to fix, which they did ASAP, and will again here.

Trying to play the game by getting out of a broken part of the map is not exploiting.  The majority of admins on (from both sides of battle) agreed and hopefully the map is fixed.

Sucks about the bugs and the loss but that's the price of playing Strategus.

Merry Christmas!
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.