Author Topic: Bar fights tips:  (Read 14613 times)

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Bar fights tips:
« Reply #60 on: May 05, 2013, 04:21:00 pm »
+3
Seriously, the old one-two still works best. As soon as someone starts pushing you with his hands, fake a left low punch (or right if that's your jab hand) then uppercut the other fist in his face. You can also try a side hook, but since he will instinctively bend over because of the fake low punch, you might miss it. The side hook is more effective, though, and might be necessary if the dude is a brawler. But most people don't continue once you've broken their nose/teeth/jaw, so the uppercut is usually good enough.

Oh, and don't help the guy up, but also don't hit him when he's down. It won't be self defense anymore, if you do.

Nothing like faking a punch when someone is just pushing you. A brilliant idea, old chap.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
  • Renown: 1436
  • Infamy: 228
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 05, 2013, 05:40:10 pm »
+1
Sorry pal, but a push is an aggressive move, you don't push people if you don't want to fight. And yes, in court, it counts as self defense if you punch someone after he has pushed you. What matters is how you act AFTER the punch. If you go crazy and beat the shit out of the dude, it will be assault, but if you do nothing and let him be helped or get up on his own, it's self defense.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 Why am I beswung by sharpe and pointed utensyls?

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 05, 2013, 06:38:12 pm »
Sorry pal, but a push is an aggressive move, you don't push people if you don't want to fight. And yes, in court, it counts as self defense if you punch someone after he has pushed you. What matters is how you act AFTER the punch. If you go crazy and beat the shit out of the dude, it will be assault, but if you do nothing and let him be helped or get up on his own, it's self defense.
And what are you supposed to do when he gets up angrily?
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #63 on: May 05, 2013, 06:52:27 pm »
This statement always makes me lol. Now americans can also say "Hei! LOOK! EU had massmurder too, our gunpolicies dont suck so bad now do they?"
Breivik was a christian terrorist. Its not the same thing as the typical USA thing, where a dude looses his house, job, wife and out of temorary insanity picks up one of his 100 assultrifles he bought to protect his family at first and starts shooting up the neibhourhood. And EU definately does not have organised crime as bad as USA has. Shit there are gangs there that reach like 200 soldiers strong all with kevlar and shit..

Atleast our glasshouse doesnt have to be bulletproof.  :lol:

Wat. The italian mafia and their representative Silvio Berlusconi would like to have a word with you about that. Or the all the eastern euro gangs. Or various immigrant gangs that have as easy access to automatic weapons as any other euro or US one. Or the neo-chocolate chip cookie "militias". etc...

Offline BASNAK

• King
  • Renown: 1349
  • Infamy: 170
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MolonLave_Garlic
« Reply #64 on: May 05, 2013, 06:55:46 pm »
Can someone give Rumblood the custom title "badass"?

Offline donib

• Count
  • Renown: 295
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player
  • Slow money, slow problems
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Donib
« Reply #65 on: May 05, 2013, 06:57:42 pm »
+7
Moral of the story

Stay home and play cRPG.

Offline B3RS3RK

• Earl
  • Renown: 377
  • Infamy: 103
  • cRPG Player
  • Sexy and I know it.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Saracen_Berserkaziz_Amir
« Reply #66 on: May 05, 2013, 07:57:07 pm »
What I can say on bar fights:

If you pick the right bars and behave correctly, the only people that will want to start fights are drunk fucks which are more likely to hurt themselves than to hurt you.

However, "He who searcheth trouble shall find it"

If you go into shabby shacks where most of the clients each have spent more years in prison than you even lived, then it´s no wonder you´ll get into dangerous fights.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2013, 08:00:28 pm by B3RS3RK »
Maybe it woud be better for me to find out where you life and kill you when you are satch a Soziopath. You have enough now.
"I don´t believe in anything, I´m just here for the violence."

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 05, 2013, 08:15:42 pm »
+1
What I can say on bar fights:

If you pick the right bars and behave correctly, the only people that will want to start fights are drunk fucks which are more likely to hurt themselves than to hurt you.

However, "He who searcheth trouble shall find it"

If you go into shabby shacks where most of the clients each have spent more years in prison than you even lived, then it´s no wonder you´ll get into dangerous fights.

Dad - shot 7 times - lived
Marcus - tendons in hand sliced by knife by some asshole
John - shot with a .22 - lived
Bart - hit in the head with a piece of steel - went in to a coma and never came out of it.
Tony - slashed across the gut with a knife - died
Danny - hit in the head with a bat - cracked his skull from front to back - lived but mentally retarded
Will - shot in the head - lost his eye but lived

Yeah, all of those guys were looking for some adventure probably :rolleyes:
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline B3RS3RK

• Earl
  • Renown: 377
  • Infamy: 103
  • cRPG Player
  • Sexy and I know it.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Saracen_Berserkaziz_Amir
« Reply #69 on: May 05, 2013, 11:50:03 pm »
Yeah, all of those guys were looking for some adventure probably :rolleyes:

Ok, listen up: What I meant to say was NOT that they went out looking for an adventure; I meant that if you go to bars and areas with a lot of criminals and crooks then you dont need to wonder if you get in trouble.

And about the single punch thing: Yes, it is possible to get killed by one punch.Is it common?No, because it has to be really bad luck to get killed by one punch(Except if your enemy is some master of martial arts or something).Also, it only takes one car accident, one little trip over something on the floor and only one of about a 1000 other things to kill you - hell, even slipping on a banana peel on the sidewalk can kill you.

I have no Idea where you live, but it must be a postapocalyptic wasteland if you get shot, stabbed or punched everytime you go out drinking.

When you are being threatened, you can take it seriously, or you can be a victim that your family can mourn.

only a sith deals in absolutes  :lol:

Maybe it woud be better for me to find out where you life and kill you when you are satch a Soziopath. You have enough now.
"I don´t believe in anything, I´m just here for the violence."

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 06, 2013, 12:28:00 am »
Buff punch

Offline Lars

• Earl
  • Renown: 346
  • Infamy: 34
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 06, 2013, 01:49:21 am »
Buff punch

Yes, sometimes one punch isn't enough

<iframe src="http://www.ebaumsworld.com/media/embed/83214708" width="567" height="345" frameborder="0"></iframe>

looks like I can't embed the video
« Last Edit: May 06, 2013, 08:20:06 am by Lars »

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 06, 2013, 03:22:08 am »
And what are you supposed to do when he gets up angrily?

Fight or run. Most lose their anger though, because a broken nose hurts quite a bit. Also, why is it always a he? Have you seen the chicks Dextaa is posting in the Gentlemanly gentlemen's boners thread? I'm not sure if I would try a one two on some of those...

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 06, 2013, 05:36:23 am »

Way to completely miss the point.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 06, 2013, 08:29:15 am »
Way to completely miss the point.

Yeah, I just reread what you wrote and still don't get it.