Author Topic: Bar fights tips:  (Read 14594 times)

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Bar fights tips:
« Reply #45 on: December 21, 2012, 08:50:02 pm »
He's the one who's been stealing all the sweetrolls :!:

(click to show/hide)

Also, he can cast a few spells. Please brew me an ale.

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 21, 2012, 09:15:17 pm »
Rumblood if my awesome Disneyland helps me live old and be happy, why the hell would I walk out of there just its not violent enough? Im sorry Rum if I dont need to be shot at/stabbed/beaten up or see it happen to feel alive like you.

I dunno about the bars you visit, but guys starting to raise trouble in places I go, get kicked out immediately and no they are not some heavly guarded expensive places.  Its just that people like to drink at peace there and chat with buddies, not start fighting. If 1 guy even slightly sturs up, the entire bar kicks em out. And there usually is no worries that he might have a firearm or anything, cause its not some amurican freedom.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 09:20:32 pm by TiberiusX »

Offline Lannistark

• Duke
  • Renown: 586
  • Infamy: 118
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Duke
« Reply #47 on: December 21, 2012, 09:38:01 pm »
Tell me wrong, Rumblood:

(click to show/hide)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #48 on: December 21, 2012, 10:53:15 pm »
+1
Tell me wrong, Rumblood:

(click to show/hide)

The boys who claim to go to bars, yet claim bar fights don't exist in their bars? Yep, Maximum  :lol:

(click to show/hide)

Rumblood, what were you in jail for? Stole a judo suit?

For trolling Euro's obviously  :lol:
« Last Edit: December 22, 2012, 12:09:44 am by Rumblood »
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline pingpong

• Earl
  • Renown: 423
  • Infamy: 220
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 22, 2012, 05:36:27 am »
+1
Never used the term in my life. You've got quite a bit of built of pent up Euro guilt have you? People in glass houses and all that.  :idea:

IF we are going to have the most lunatic psychopaths per square mile competition, im afraid good sir, you have won
« Last Edit: December 22, 2012, 09:06:07 am by pingpong »

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #50 on: April 04, 2013, 08:58:17 pm »
+2
This isn't some preppy college boy frat party. I don't know what kind of a "bar" you've been around, but these are real bars with real dangerous men who will gut you like a pig if you look at them crossways. Criminals who've been to jail and don't mind if they go back. I don't give a shit what you think about it. You go play patty cake and you end up dead. You want obituaries? Yes, for the record, I've been to prison. I'm also still alive where other aren't.

You are the one in love with Hollywood theory. I live in the real, dangerous world where you die if you wait until you're ass is in trouble. You think you hash out rules before a bar fight? There are no rules. There is no philosophical discussion like this one. You fuck, or you get fucked.

I would stay out of bars where fights are likely to break out if I were you. Most especially, don't get into people's faces talking violence with that attitude.

Sorry to necro this thread, found it from someone's sig...

That's always been my philosophy for at least 10 years (I'm 30 now).  We're adults, we're no longer in grade school.  If someone threatens you with physical harm, you need to take that threat very seriously, your life is potentially at stake.  Even if they aren't using a weapon, the right punch or elbow or knee and you can die (or get knocked out and then die when your head slams into something). 

My advice for anyone who's put in a situation where someone is escalating the situation, try to step back and leave.  If you are pursued or have nowhere to retreat to, refrain from getting into shit talking or provoking the other person.  If they step up into your personal space, I would advise that you do not wait to see what their intentions are.   In most states in America I highly doubt you would be criminally liable for being the first to physically act in a confrontation where someone else is being the aggressor and threatening you.

Just to clarify, I'm not a violent person, I would never go out of my way to start a fight, but you're being delusional if you don't think there are dangerous people in all parts of the world, and potentially in any bar or establishment you visit.  My point (and I'm pretty sure Pappy's) is that if someone is going to get in your face or threaten you with violence, you shouldn't wait around to find out if they're going to follow through with it.  Either separate yourself from the situation, or be the first to act (you can still claim self defense if you are the first to physically act, if someone is threatening you and approaching you in a violent manner)
« Last Edit: April 04, 2013, 09:06:31 pm by CrazyCracka420 »
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Vodner

• Duke
  • Renown: 526
  • Infamy: 73
  • cRPG Player
  • SaulCanner
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: SaulCanner
« Reply #51 on: April 04, 2013, 09:20:02 pm »
+3
Where do you people live that unavoidable barfights are commonplace? I've been going to the same pub for about ten years, and I can count the number of fights I've seen on one hand. Even those ended quickly when the bouncer intervened. The usual crowd consists almost entirely of folks who are tired from work and who want a pleasant way to unwind.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #52 on: April 04, 2013, 09:23:22 pm »
I never said they were common place...I've only been in one situation like that in my adult life and I was able to back out of the situation before it escalated.  I hardly ever witness fights either...and the bars I go to typically don't have bouncers.

But I've witnessed enough angry people start a fight (or attempt to provoke someone into a fight) over the most menial things to know it happens, and what the best course of action is.  And it's not like I'm in some ghetto or red neck bars, angry drunk people can be anywhere.

My main point (that I didn't clearly make) was that people who get into a shouting match, or chest bumping or face to face before a fight are retarded.  If someone threatens you, you should take that seriously.  I didn't make any mention of how common that occurrence is...
« Last Edit: April 04, 2013, 09:26:35 pm by CrazyCracka420 »
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 04, 2013, 09:25:14 pm »
+1
Never used the term in my life. You've got quite a bit of built of pent up Euro guilt have you? People in glass houses and all that.  :idea:

(click to show/hide)

This statement always makes me lol. Now americans can also say "Hei! LOOK! EU had massmurder too, our gunpolicies dont suck so bad now do they?"
Breivik was a christian terrorist. Its not the same thing as the typical USA thing, where a dude looses his house, job, wife and out of temorary insanity picks up one of his 100 assultrifles he bought to protect his family at first and starts shooting up the neibhourhood. And EU definately does not have organised crime as bad as USA has. Shit there are gangs there that reach like 200 soldiers strong all with kevlar and shit..

Atleast our glasshouse doesnt have to be bulletproof.  :lol:

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 234
  • cRPG Player
  • (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻. take all my upvotes! Part-time retard
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild Enthousiast,
  • Game nicks: Wy can't I upvote my own posts, Im a fucken genius, yo.
  • IRC nick: Joseph_Porta
« Reply #54 on: April 08, 2013, 04:06:20 pm »
can't say it will lol, 2 guys still looking for me, one for being with his woman, second for calling him an ugly fuck (people want to fight over any minor shit here D:)

actually 3 guys, the third one thinks I was with his woman, but I wasn't

(click to show/hide)
3 months late but hey, better late then never! And I feel you bro, here you can't even look at people and theyre already itching to fight im not a fighter myself but when shit goes down I stand my ground, allthough i rather avoid it, sometimes you just gotta do what has to be done! I cant count the times on 2 hands i got arrested because some fool and his 5 friends started acting up to me when I was alone and got what he was askin for, but it always ends up with me being taken and the aggrevators qq'ing somewhere, not worth it imo.

Btw: playaa playaaa  :lol:
I loot corpses of their golden teeth.
But he'll be around somewhere between Heaven and The Devil, because neither of them will take him in, and he'll be farting loudly and singing a filthy song.

i'll be there at around
chadztime™

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • Renown: 795
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile

Offline SixThumbs

• Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
  • Consumer Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 09, 2013, 05:55:48 am »
+1
And how!

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 05, 2013, 03:17:00 am »
Rutten's Punk Payback is somewhat entertaining too.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
  • Renown: 1436
  • Infamy: 228
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 05, 2013, 04:18:42 am »
Seriously, the old one-two still works best. As soon as someone starts pushing you with his hands, fake a left low punch (or right if that's your jab hand) then uppercut the other fist in his face. You can also try a side hook, but since he will instinctively bend over because of the fake low punch, you might miss it. The side hook is more effective, though, and might be necessary if the dude is a brawler. But most people don't continue once you've broken their nose/teeth/jaw, so the uppercut is usually good enough.

Oh, and don't help the guy up, but also don't hit him when he's down. It won't be self defense anymore, if you do.

Why am I beswung by sharpe and pointed utensyls?

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • Renown: 1312
  • Infamy: 339
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A Free and proud Peasant of Fisdnar!!!
  • Game nicks: FRANK_THE_TANK
  • IRC nick: Sippy sip
« Reply #59 on: May 05, 2013, 04:58:11 am »
The key to getting into a Bar fight in Aus is to tip your empty glass upside down on the bar, tis the Australian (now international) sign of "Fighten round the world." come on tugga!
Fammi un pompino!

I think I have ball cancer in my right nut :(
Good news everybody! It's not nut cancer :)
Bad news everybody, I got dumped :(