Author Topic: Remnant going to war against Hospitaller  (Read 7671 times)

Offline Tom Cruise

• Duke
  • Renown: 685
  • Infamy: 144
  • cRPG Player
  • All I do is shitpost anymore in this game.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tom_Cruise_Dota_Fanatic
  • IRC nick: Tom_Cruise
Re: Remnant going to war against Hospitaller
« Reply #30 on: December 21, 2012, 02:29:22 am »
+4
You can say what you want, but fact is, the moment we threatened war, all your troops were pulled out of your fiefs. Up till then, there had always been 3k in Unuzdaq and 3k in Halmarr. I just find it funny that remnant talks so much shit despite not ever actually doing anything of note in strat. First you guys picked up the scraps that the FCC left you with KUTT, now you go to attack a faction that has already been beat down by us, NH, and now the FCC. If you guys are so pro, why cant you fight your own battles? Yes, we lost too much in the Halmarr fight, i wasn't there so i cant say what went wrong, but shit happens, its one fight out of the 120 or so we have initiated this strat. The only thing you can brag about is how good you guys are in the battle servers, which isn't much of an accomplishment since id imagine most clans dont play seriously in pub servers. Hell, maybe you guys will prove me wrong in this upcoming siege, but i doubt it.

As Mae said, we we're planning to move for quite some time. With our members becoming more and more inactive we did not want to get spread to thin. This was planned way before anything involving you guys.  And how did we pick up FCC's scaps? We provided nearly as many troops and resources as them and merc'd for them plenty of times. Not only to we prove ourselves in pub servers (which we don't really try either cause we play for fun) but I'm pretty sure we have proven ourselves in strat battles too.

why cant you fight your own battles?

Well lets see here. In the first big strat war where KUTT and Hospi were super powers, hero party was essentially the only ones going toe to toe with Hospitaller and Chevaliers. Then you came in and allied with Hero Party and as one could say "pick up the scraps" perhaps?

Also remember that time that you guys tried paying three separate clans to attack us before the war even started? Ya know, Chevalier, Occitan, and Hero Party? All of them Denying you, and them coming to us telling you what you were trying to do. And you say we don't start our own wars? I believe we threw the first punch in the war attack your caravan if I'm not mistaken. (Which was out of boredem, nothing personal against VE, just getting sick of rumors of you wanting to attack us and not attacking us on your own and what not.) I mean It's not like you have four times as many members as us, more fiefs then us (even before you attacked) and twice and many resources. But ya I guess you wouldn't want to get your hands dirty or anything.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline BADPLAYER_old2

• Earl
  • Renown: 360
  • Infamy: 235
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Not a Bad player
« Reply #31 on: December 21, 2012, 02:46:39 am »
+1
Don't want to get involved in this argument but I'd probably say TkoV and MB are better than Remnants players overall so I don't see why you guys keep bringing player skill into the mix.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Tom Cruise

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 21, 2012, 02:50:49 am »
Don't want to get involved in this argument but I'd probably say TkoV and MB are better than Remnants players overall so I don't see why you guys keep bringing player skill into the mix.

(click to show/hide)

I didn't bring it up until they brought it up with us "bragging". Which if you are talking about when we say "gg or gf" thats just a joke, which I guess people don't know how to take. And I woudnt say anyone is better. We are pretty equal ground skill wise.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 02:58:27 am by mmason94 »

Offline Boss_Awesome

• Earl
  • Renown: 338
  • Infamy: 65
  • cRPG Player
  • I am the Kwisatz Haderach
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Fallen Brigade (Not the Coalition)
  • Game nicks: Boss_Awesome
« Reply #33 on: December 21, 2012, 02:56:40 am »
+1
Not to offend you HoC guys.. but I think you know that you aren't 2handed heroes and prefer to work as a group for better or worse.

Working well as a group is both a force multiplier and a difficult skill in and of itself.  I'd happily sign up HoC guys for any of my battles.  Much more valuable than the ticket wasting heroes who run off to fight and can't seem to listen to orders.

Offline Visconti

• Count
  • Renown: 278
  • Infamy: 52
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Velucan
  • Game nicks: Tristran_Steward_of_TKoV
« Reply #34 on: December 21, 2012, 03:04:15 am »
I have to ask, where the hell are you guys getting your information? We never once went to Chevalier or Hero party trying to get them to attack you. We offered Occitan a few of your fiefs because they were trying to come back to NA and we wanted to support that, but only after we took them ourselves. Someone has been lying out of their ass to you though, because we have hardly talked to hero party since the hospi war. Why the hell would we try to get Chevaliers to attack you while we were in the process of wiping them out? It just makes no sense. Tom says we tried to get 3 clans to attack you, Sauce says 2, can you guys get your information straight before posting? As to us "picking up the scraps" in the hospi war, i believe hero party fought what, 2-3 battles with hospi before we joined in? And even those were just caravan battles. We did the majority of the heavy lifting during that war, along with NH. Saying otherwise is just bullshit. Yes, you did throw the first punch, which is why its so odd to see you guys running from us with your tail between your legs.

And as to the bragging, i was referring to noodles post in your faction thread.
Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies

Offline Tom Cruise

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 21, 2012, 03:05:11 am »
+1
Working well as a group is both a force multiplier and a difficult skill in and of itself.  I'd happily sign up HoC guys for any of my battles.  Much more valuable than the ticket wasting heroes who run off to fight and can't seem to listen to orders.

Please tell me when we run out style any more then any else and "waste tickets".

Offline Tom Cruise

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 21, 2012, 03:19:03 am »
+4
I have to ask, where the hell are you guys getting your information? We never once went to Chevalier or Hero party trying to get them to attack you. We offered Occitan a few of your fiefs because they were trying to come back to NA and we wanted to support that, but only after we took them ourselves. Someone has been lying out of their ass to you though, because we have hardly talked to hero party since the hospi war. Why the hell would we try to get Chevaliers to attack you while we were in the process of wiping them out? It just makes no sense. Tom says we tried to get 3 clans to attack you, Sauce says 2, can you guys get your information straight before posting? As to us "picking up the scraps" in the hospi war, i believe hero party fought what, 2-3 battles with hospi before we joined in? And even those were just caravan battles. We did the majority of the heavy lifting during that war, along with NH. Saying otherwise is just bullshit. Yes, you did throw the first punch, which is why its so odd to see you guys running from us with your tail between your legs.

With the Chevs it was not when you guys we're at war. This was way earlier when they we're a power. As for Hero Party, we talked to Smoothrich. As for Occitan, Arrowaine came to our ts himself and told us. As for the running away you insist and keeping alive, we have been moving out way before the war. Just because you see Sauce moving out when doenst mean we are running. Everyone else, including myself had been moved out of there weeks before you're attack. Sauce we the last one because he had to fiefs to run between and had the most stuff to evacuate. Keep saying we are running but this has been our relocation plan for quite some time now.

And as to the bragging, i was referring to noodles post in your faction thread.

Oh you mean when you posted in our forums talking shit, saying yet again we are running and "scared" and then he replied with this?
(click to show/hide)

So if by "shit talking" you mean he was retaliating to your comment, then ya, I guess noodles is a big meany.

Offline Mae.

• Duke
  • Renown: 516
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
  • :3
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Remnant
  • Game nicks: mae
« Reply #37 on: December 21, 2012, 03:22:29 am »
+1
^ burn.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #38 on: December 21, 2012, 03:23:34 am »
+3
No reason to take things personally I say.  It's just a game at the end of the day.

I can understand why Remnant is doing what they're doing, I think of this game like Risk.  The steppe is a nice location, it's pretty fortified with natural boundaries, and has easy access to EU lands.  We were really weakened after the initial war in our lands, and we don't have the active members to have controlled as much territory was we were initially claiming.  The downfall is that you're in a lot of people's cross-hairs (tactically/strategically, not even bringing up reputation).  FCC has left their far eastern castles and city and towns relatively unguarded and have spearheaded their forces to their western fiefs and sending out armies to our lands.

Nothing any factions are doing is really surprising to me at all, nor do I think it's shady or underhanded...the reality is what the reality is.  Everyone's going to do what's in their best interests.

I just wish Strategus rewarded mechanics with more incentive for people to attack larger factions (or try to carve out a small piece of territory).  There's quite a few fief-less factions, and there's quite a few small fief owning factions.  These guys really don't have any incentive to try and expand or attack their neighbors because there's way more risk than potential payoff/reward for doing so.

For the most part battle lines are drawn as far as mercenaries go.  If a small clan tried to attack FCC they would risk alienating their potential mercs for their battles by not only losing FCC, but losing Remnant and any other factions that FCC has influence on.  Just as if Astralis were to have attack LLJK (then Bird clan's) castle in the desert they would likely have not only had a hard time filling their roster, they very likely could have wound up having other faction's jump in with material resources (armies) and come and wiped them out.

I'd like to see more incentive for people fighting battles in strategus (both the factions having some incentive for trying to take a fief as well as personal incentive for people to merc in those battles).  Maybe getting c-rpg gold for fighting strat battles, or getting even more XP than now?  Or maybe allowing people to transfer strat gold to c-rpg gold (without having to sell it)?  I think you'd get more mercs and more people creating characters on the strat map. 

Strat's not perfect, there shouldn't be any hard feelings when someone does something that's in their best interests and potentially fucks over another...but at the same time, maybe we can get some more of these factions who are sitting idle on the map to pull up their skirts and start trying to fight some battles and take over some fiefs.  It's a war game after all, let's fight some battles (you won't lose any sleep if you end up losing a fief because you were too aggressive, and if you do,  you should probably take a breather anyways).

**Now a little bit more propaganda**
FCC really doesn't have the numbers to hold the fiefs that they currently control.  The main saving grace they have is the small factions in the tundra who owe their fief ownership to FCC, and some more medium sized factions that don't really have anything to gain by attacking/taking FCC Eastern fiefs which are basically unguarded.  But it would be awesome if someone decided to try and take some FCC territory while they were away nation building with Remnant.  Yes you might incur a large mercenary wrath against you, or potentially risk having them try to wipe you out (I think other factions would potentially stop that), but it's a war game, let's see some more fighting over fiefs...it's not like you actually own these lands...these are pixels on a computer screen.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 03:28:31 am by CrazyCracka420 »
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Tom Cruise

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 21, 2012, 03:28:59 am »
+4
No reason to take things personally I say.  It's just a game at the end of the day.

I can understand why Remnant is doing what they're doing, I think of this game like Risk.  The steppe is a nice location, it's pretty fortified with natural boundaries, and has easy access to EU lands.  The downfall is that you're in a lot of people's cross-hairs (tactically/strategically, not even bringing up reputation).  FCC has left their far eastern castles and city and towns relatively unguarded and have spearheaded their forces to their western fiefs and sending out armies to our lands.

Nothing any factions are doing is really surprising to me at all, nor do I think it's shady or underhanded...the reality is what the reality is.  Everyone's going to do what's in their best interests.

I just wish Strategus rewarded mechanics with more incentive for people to attack larger factions (or try to carve out a small piece of territory).  There's quite a few fief-less factions, and there's quite a few small fief owning factions.  These guys really don't have any incentive to try and expand or attack their neighbors because there's way more risk than potential payoff/reward for doing so.

For the most part battle lines are drawn as far as mercenaries go.  If a small clan tried to attack FCC they would risk alienating their potential mercs for their battles by not only losing FCC, but losing Remnant and any other factions that FCC has influence on.  Just as if Astralis were to have attack LLJK (then Bird clan's) castle in the desert they would likely have not only had a hard time filling their roster, they very likely could have wound up having other faction's jump in with material resources (armies) and come and wiped them out.

I'd like to see more incentive for people fighting battles in strategus (both the factions having some incentive for trying to take a fief as well as personal incentive for people to merc in those battles).  Maybe getting c-rpg gold for fighting strat battles, or getting even more XP than now?  Or maybe allowing people to transfer strat gold to c-rpg gold (without having to sell it)?  I think you'd get more mercs and more people creating characters on the strat map. 

Strat's not perfect, there shouldn't be any hard feelings when someone does something that's in their best interests and potentially fucks over another...but at the same time, maybe we can get some more of these factions who are sitting idle on the map to pull up their skirts and start trying to fight some battles and take over some fiefs.  It's a war game after all, let's fight some battles (you won't lose any sleep if you end up losing a fief because you were too aggressive, and if you do,  you should probably take a breather anyways).

(click to show/hide)

With our, idk, 12 active member we actually have participating in strat. We did not want to get spread to thin. With our original lands we looked like the fucking Berlin Wall cutting through the entire middle of the map. Too much land to cover with our little numbers. Again part of our relocation, but apparently thats us running away.

We play strat purely for fun. We were bored of everyone sitting on their asses just building up defenses like the Apocalypse is coming. The only real people that I can remember making any moves in was FCC attacking Hospitaller. I remember one little border dispute between you (NH) and Hero Party, but that wasnt really a full out war.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #40 on: December 21, 2012, 03:34:41 am »
+1
I completely understand, and I've known this was very possible since the fiefs have been controlled on day 1.  It's not hard to envision different scenarios based purely on land ownership (not even taking into account diplomacy).

But at the same time, you haven't relocated yet.  You still have some battles on your hands.  So as a wiser man once so eloquently put it "Bring it on and get fucked nerds"

Completely unrelated, Mason did you used to play CS:CZ?
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Tom Cruise

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 21, 2012, 03:41:50 am »
I completely understand, and I've known this was very possible since the fiefs have been controlled on day 1.  It's not hard to envision different scenarios based purely on land ownership (not even taking into account diplomacy).

But at the same time, you haven't relocated yet.  You still have some battles on your hands.  So as a wiser man once so eloquently put it "Bring it on and get fucked nerds"

Completely unrelated, Mason did you used to play CS:CZ?

K well first off, idk how you know my name XD. Second is that counter strike? lol

Offline Visconti

• Count
  • Renown: 278
  • Infamy: 52
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Velucan
  • Game nicks: Tristran_Steward_of_TKoV
« Reply #42 on: December 21, 2012, 03:49:46 am »
With the Chevs it was not when you guys we're at war. This was way earlier when they we're a power. As for Hero Party, we talked to Smoothrich. As for Occitan, Arrowaine came to our ts himself and told us. As for the running away you insist and keeping alive, we have been moving out way before the war. Just because you see Sauce moving out when doenst mean we are running. Everyone else, including myself had been moved out of there weeks before you're attack. Sauce we the last one because he had to fiefs to run between and had the most stuff to evacuate. Keep saying we are running but this has been our relocation plan for quite some time now.

Oh you mean when you posted in our forums talking shit, saying yet again we are running and "scared" and then he replied with this?
(click to show/hide)

So if by "shit talking" you mean he was retaliating to your comment, then ya, I guess noodles is a big meany.

Again, this makes no sense. We attacked chevaliers RIGHT after we made peace with hospi, i think we waited a week or so, so we could prepare, but there was no "way earlier" for us to talk to them about attacking you. I am literally talking to smooth as i type this post, and hes saying otherwise. We were getting bored as well, we were literally days away from attacking you guys when you attacked our caravan. We were looking forward to fighting a fun war, and the fact that you guys just straight up lied talking about how you were on your way to attack us, how this war would have a bunch of fun battles, hell i even talked to you tom, and again you just lied to my face. Im sure you can understand why we are more then annoyed at this.

Also, i think huseby knows your name because your forum profile name is "mmason94".....
Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies

Offline Tanken

• King
  • Renown: 1463
  • Infamy: 395
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Tanken
« Reply #43 on: December 21, 2012, 03:50:13 am »
K well first off, idk how you know my name XD. Second is that counter strike? lol

.......It's in your Forum Username........
Below is a Collection of Finalists in my Design my Avatar contest -- They all did Awesome!
Thanks to all of those who contributed.

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #44 on: December 21, 2012, 04:07:29 am »

.......It's in your Forum Username........

Also, i think huseby knows your name because your forum profile name is "mmason94".....

/sarcasm  :rolleyes:

In other news, What small factions are on strat?
DL (3)
Ildist group (4)
FPF (11)
Tuetonic (18)
Bird (10)
Kutt Remnants (22?)
HG (?)
Fidlgb (4)
Frisia (13)
SWF (8)
Jabonra(thought part of HP?) (3)
CHevalier (18)
Malta (13)

Holding a whopping 23 fiefs.(Bird fiefs being lost so this number is liable to go down.
Everyone else has the remaining...i think 100 fiefs it is.