Author Topic: Remnant going to war against Hospitaller  (Read 6905 times)

Offline Chestaclese

• Earl
  • Renown: 340
  • Infamy: 106
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Remnants
Re: Remnant going to war against Hospitaller
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2012, 08:25:59 pm »
Not that it matters but Remnant is doing this on their own. The remnant strategy is beyond my comprehension but that is just how it goes.

FCC has a war. We also have hero party attacking bird clan again to deal with. Pretty sure we have enough on our plates for the moment.

Mouth breather.
"Threatening Chesty with tea bagging is clearly not worth the effort. It is like offering sex addict an orgy." - BaleofGay.

"ILL OPEN MY GIFTS LATER MOM, IM BUSY FIGHTING CHESTACLES IN AN ONLINE HORSE SIMULATOR GAME." - Oprah Winafrey

“He's using everything he can to get me banned, admins please don't let him get away with this. He's ban baiting me, please help.” - Ducky_The_Banned

Offline Havoco

• Duke
  • Renown: 538
  • Infamy: 102
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Hospookfans
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller_Havoc
  • IRC nick: Havoco
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2012, 08:50:56 pm »
+1
just practical sense.

Why Strategus gets boring tbh
Pock gobblers

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2012, 11:05:22 pm »
It would have been great to use superior forces to push them back or possibly even mount a counter attack, but the fact remains that we were still reeling from previous wars and just beginning to run regular trades again.  By the time FCC and Fallen jumped on the bandwagon,  our armies were just starting to see basic armaments and minimal upkeep.   Proof of this is seen in our battles where we have had to fight with minimal gear.   The majority of which has been broken from previous battles.

First - we waited an entire month after your peace treaty with VE - you recruited thousands of troops in that time and did regular trade runs with EU.  Trying to pretend the 60-man faction of Hospitallers did not have time to prepare is laughable.

Second - you have had equivalent gear in almost every single fight we have had - often with more troops. I know its not the plate armor you would want, but its certainly not "basic" or "minimal".

Third, its not our fault you wasted the last month of peace if you really are not that prepared - we also spent a LOT of gear and troops fighting KUTT during that same time.  We spent that month recovering as well (maybe we just revved up our war machine faster??  helps that we dont need elite armor or weapons to fight in strat (simple swords for the win!!))
« Last Edit: December 20, 2012, 11:14:16 pm by Keshian »
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Mae.

• Duke
  • Renown: 516
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
  • :3
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Remnant
  • Game nicks: mae
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2012, 11:41:31 pm »
+3
about the war with TKoV, they went through closed borders and tried to bully by and say retreat and we wont start a war.. well youre asking a bunch of meat filled testosterone breathing dudes to set aside pride because youre "bigger" than them (in numbers..), l o l. anywho, hospitaller i honestly like over half of you, but.. nothing personal you just have a sexy camp site set up :/ we've planned this "move" for quite some time, TKoV should actually know this.. had you clicked on any of those fiefs we previously owned, they've had no armies in them for a few months. speculate all you want, but the only facts we all have thus far, TKoV lost over 1k troops and X amount of gold fighting peasants. GG so far
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline oprah_winfrey

• Marshall
  • Renown: 808
  • Infamy: 196
  • cRPG Player
  • Now look under your seat...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: JABONRA
  • Game nicks: Egan
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2012, 11:44:31 pm »
+3
I heard that the loin cloth cudgel is going to be the new kuyak greatsword.

Offline Kirbyy

• Count
  • Renown: 286
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player
  • Hi guys
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Malta 4 lyfe.
  • Game nicks: Kirby, ynyng
« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2012, 12:01:49 am »
+5
Why do I continually see Remnant picking up scraps?

Offline Visconti

• Count
  • Renown: 278
  • Infamy: 52
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Velucan
  • Game nicks: Tristran_Steward_of_TKoV
« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2012, 12:19:36 am »
+2
You can say what you want, but fact is, the moment we threatened war, all your troops were pulled out of your fiefs. Up till then, there had always been 3k in Unuzdaq and 3k in Halmarr. I just find it funny that remnant talks so much shit despite not ever actually doing anything of note in strat. First you guys picked up the scraps that the FCC left you with KUTT, now you go to attack a faction that has already been beat down by us, NH, and now the FCC. If you guys are so pro, why cant you fight your own battles? Yes, we lost too much in the Halmarr fight, i wasn't there so i cant say what went wrong, but shit happens, its one fight out of the 120 or so we have initiated this strat. The only thing you can brag about is how good you guys are in the battle servers, which isn't much of an accomplishment since id imagine most clans dont play seriously in pub servers. Hell, maybe you guys will prove me wrong in this upcoming siege, but i doubt it.
Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies

Offline dynamike

• King
  • Renown: 1212
  • Infamy: 187
  • Let's be friends again?
    • View Profile
    • The Remnants Clan Website
  • Faction: Stratia
  • Game nicks: Remnant_dynamike
« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2012, 12:47:05 am »
+4
Yo, if Hosps would now attack the tail end of the TKoV fiefs in the desert we would have a sweet ring around the rosie going between Remnants, Hosps and TKoV with fief trades all over the place.

Or see it as musical chairs. Another independent clan might go in and take a fief at a time away and when the music ends those three shithead clans are left with one less each time.

I agree with a lot of resentment in this thread and Remnants generally suck. Now shut up like the good nerds we all are and enjoy the battles - been long enough in the making!

Btw: stopped reading Kinngrimms posts. Probably not alone in that.
For while the fire in the heart of a single Remnant still burns... can Stratia truly have fallen?

Offline Boss_Awesome

• Earl
  • Renown: 338
  • Infamy: 65
  • cRPG Player
  • I am the Kwisatz Haderach
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Fallen Brigade (Not the Coalition)
  • Game nicks: Boss_Awesome
« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2012, 01:00:47 am »
+1

Btw: stopped reading Kinngrimms posts. Probably not alone in that.

Good move.  Nothing more dangerous than a clueless traitor.

Offline Aztek

• Count
  • Renown: 282
  • Infamy: 62
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Hospitaller
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller Aztek
« Reply #24 on: December 21, 2012, 01:43:15 am »
+1
To Kesh,

I just wanted to point a few things out

-First, check the faction page for how many members are in Hospitaller, regarding strat we are at 41 last I checked, less than remnant with 43. and even at 41 that is a long shot, personally I would have removed 6 or 7 on top of that as they haven't contributed in months, but were hopeful they will eventually come back.

-We did not have a month to make millions and gear up with elite gear, Not sure if you noticed but we were in lock down, Sure we had a few EU caravans but I promise you that was not much, Not near the open playing ground other factions in NA had, where they could make easy runs with no resistance or threat of attack.

-I don't know FCC's stats regarding what they lost with the KUTT war but I thought it was understood by all that there was very little resistance and thus not much lost, Where as the VE obviously did a lot of damage to our structure. I don't know if its because others think Hospitallers are still this 70+ man faction with active players and secret hidden alliances, But I assure you we are not.

Offline Sauce

• Duke
  • Renown: 597
  • Infamy: 83
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Remnants
« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2012, 02:02:02 am »
+2
« Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 10:59:24 pm by Sauce »

Offline Tanken

• King
  • Renown: 1463
  • Infamy: 395
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Tanken
« Reply #26 on: December 21, 2012, 02:04:55 am »
+1
Ooooo damnnnn, burrrnn.
Below is a Collection of Finalists in my Design my Avatar contest -- They all did Awesome!
Thanks to all of those who contributed.

Offline Artyem

• King
  • Renown: 1218
  • Infamy: 264
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • SODOM Shaman
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul / Raven / SODOMY
  • Game nicks: Artyem
« Reply #27 on: December 21, 2012, 02:09:47 am »
So, this is Remnant's reaction to being attacked?  Abandoning post, leaving all of their fiefs below the tundra unguarded and open for attack?  I guess instead of fighting back they'll just try to relocate their home to the Steppe, kind of weak if you ask me.

Sordida asinum latronibus sumus

Offline Sauce

• Duke
  • Renown: 597
  • Infamy: 83
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Remnants
« Reply #28 on: December 21, 2012, 02:14:39 am »
+4
Holy fuck. Just wipe the fucking cheeto dust off your keyboards and enjoy a battle.

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
« Reply #29 on: December 21, 2012, 02:19:15 am »
+6
Holy fuck. Just wipe the fucking cheeto dust off your keyboards and enjoy a battle.

No. Cheeto dust is essential to PC gaming.