Author Topic: [Rules Discussion] Main topic  (Read 1773 times)

Offline Haboe

• King
  • Renown: 1090
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Born with a shield on my back. Difficult birth.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Haboe
[Rules Discussion] Main topic
« on: December 19, 2012, 10:30:53 pm »
+30
Dear strat community.
Some of you already know, I'm working on getting the rules of strategus clear at last.
Ill be going over the rules 1 by 1, I will explain each possible exploit, give some options on what the rules might be, and let you vote on it.
In the end i will have a set of rules here, chadz will take a look at these rules and decide if they will become the official strategus rules.

Here the current list of exploitables i want rules for:

Use of siege equipment:

1) Ladders
                    1.1) Floating ladders. You are not allowed to stay on floating ladders. If for some reason your ladder becomes floating, you are to get off it, even if it means suicide.
                    1.2) Ladderplacement. For now there are no rules on unrealistic ladders, so they are allowed. (as long as you keep the other rules in mind)
                    1.3) Siege-equipment on ladders is not allowed. This includes using siege shields and everything you can make with a construction-site.
                    1.4) Ladders in open battles (anti cav) are allowed as long as the ladder is legit according to rule 1.2.
                    1.5) Cavalry is allowed to use ladders.
          2) Forward spawn
                    2.1) Spawning at enemy forward spawn is allowed. This means you are allowed to set your spawn at any forward spawn on the map, no matter who build it.
          3) Siege towers
                    3.1) Using ladders from siegetowers is allowed.
                              3.1.1 Using skyladders that are the result of a moved siegetower is not allowed.
                    3.2) Using siege shields on siegetowers is allowed
          4) Covering flags
                    4.1) covering flags with any equipment is not allowed. This includes ladders, siege shields, construction sites and anything you can produce with a construction site.

Battle/ siege
          1) Prolonging a battle
                    1.1) End battle, common sense rule. Feel free to troll around when the battle is over, but don't extend it too long, crpg no delaying rules applies here.
                    1.2) If you are out of siege equipment, and no longer have any way of getting into the castle or town, you have to retreat.
          2) Spawnraping
                    2.1) Spawnraping the enemy is allowed. It's your teams responsibility to defend your flags, if you lose controle over an area you might get spawnkilled.

Strat map
          1) CMP's rules for not attacking your village to delay your enemy
          2) Multiaccounting. It is not allowed to own and use multiple more then 1 account on strategus.
          3) Accountsharing. It is not allowed to log into other players accounts.
          4) Tools
          5) Night time. Night time is different for each player, therefore there are no rules to the usage of nighttime.
          6) Itembombing a fief. Dropping a lot of items in an enemy fief is not allowed. It causes incredibly long equipment lists for the fief.

Red = still working on the rule
Orange = currently a topic or poll is running about this
Green = finished rule

How to enforce the rules?

I'm having trouble coming up with more options to enforce those rules.
The only 2 i came up with so far are:

* Stratmins (extra admins that only get the EU3 and NA3 pw)
* Make the community responsible for reporting broken rules by screenshots. (and ofc the admins we already have)

More possible exploits will be added as i think of more, if you have things you find unmissable in this list, PM me or post it here.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 07:22:16 pm by Haboe »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Haboe

• King
    • View Profile
Re: [Rules Discussion] Main topic
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2012, 10:31:41 pm »
+3
reserved!

Offline Harpag

• Marshall
  • Renown: 914
  • Infamy: 263
  • jebać merców
    • View Profile
  • Faction: UIF
  • Game nicks: Harpag_the_Grey
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2012, 10:57:21 pm »
+14
+1 for initiative in right direction.

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2012, 11:04:10 pm »
I support the idea of getting some rules set in stone, however I'd suggest letting people post suggestions for the rules in regards to the "issues" for some a few days before you start the poll in the topic and then including every suggestion in the upcoming polls.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Haboe

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2012, 11:08:40 pm »
Well i try to add every potential outcome of the rule into the poll, if i miss something i can add it to the poll later, or start a new poll.
Lets see what the outcome of the first poll is, if i indeed miss things i might take your approach zlisch.

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2012, 11:16:54 pm »
Well i try to add every potential outcome of the rule into the poll, if i miss something i can add it to the poll later, or start a new poll.
Lets see what the outcome of the first poll is, if i indeed miss things i might take your approach zlisch.
Well adding things later would be bad, as now a days you can't remove your old votes from polls, and people might end up voting for something they regret, a few days will also allow some discussion on the matter, and while discussion mostly is just mercs, a tiny amount of randommers, and a few other people from eastern talking shit about uif and uif and a few random none-uif (like me) talking shit about eastern then most discussion will have a few valid points and it might convince people that voting for something else would be better.

EDIT:
One more thing, why are some rules green already? If it's because the devs personally stated that rule earlier then why isn't spawning at the enemies forward spawn also green?
« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 11:20:11 pm by Zlisch_The_Butcher »
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Haboe

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2012, 11:19:23 pm »
In that case if a really valid poll options comes to light in the discussion i will restart the poll with that option added.

I don't want to discuss all options for each rule, since some are rather easy to make (for example, siege shields on ladders, yes or no?)

Offline MURDERTRON

• King
  • Renown: 1337
  • Infamy: 428
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TRUMP / WEST 2020
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2012, 01:11:24 am »
+2
I agree that these need to get addressed.  "Use common sense" is not a good rule since we are all idiots for playing this horrible game.

I don't think they've been abused as much in NA battles, but preventative measures are good.
▀█▀▒█▀█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒█▒█▀█▒▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█
▒█▒▒█▄█▒█▒█▒██▒██▒█▄█▒▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒█
▒█▒▒█▀▄▒█▄█▒█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒▄

Offline Tomas

• Marshall
  • Renown: 718
  • Infamy: 217
    • View Profile
    • Fallen Brigade Website
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Tomas
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2012, 02:33:38 am »
You are approaching from the wrong direction.  It is irrelevant what rules you pick if you don't have a clear method of enforcing them.

Things to consider
1)  If you can't prove someone broke a rule then it shouldn't be a rule.
2)  If it requires an Admin's immediate action then it shouldn't be a rule.
3)  Any punishment handed out must be a real deterrent.

So here's my list

Rule #1:  Ladders may only be used if BOTH ends of the ladder are attached to solid ground or a castle structure.  Any ladder created that fails to meet this criteria, or ladder then later fails to meet it due to destroyed walls, should be destroyed immediately and NOT used at all by either team.  This means ladders to and from siege towers are not allowed.

Rule #2:  No using enemy forward spawns.  Although I would prefer coding so that an enemy setting themselves on a forward spawn will wipe all previous spawn settings so that it is actually a method of capturing spawns.

Rule #3:  No camping locations that are only reachable by ladder, once all your flags are down.

Rule #4:  No construction sites or ladders to be placed within 1m of a spawn flag.  Building a siege tower elsewhere and driving it over a flag is allowed, since by default the tower can be driven off the flag too.  Rule deleted as how would you prove which team actually placed a CS on a flag - use of siege equip to block flags should therefore be allowed but remember attackers can block flags being put back up as well so it works both ways.

To report an incident.  ONE person should post screenshots, proving the offense happened.  Posting multiple times or commenting on an existing post is also against the rules.  All posts should be made in a single reporting thread and an admin will assess each report and make a decision, editing the decision into the post accordingly.

Punishment is the same for all offenses including report spamming/whining.  24 hour Strat ban for the army leader on the strat map AND any rank 10 faction members involved in the battle.  It is the responsibility of faction commanders to ensure their members and mercs obey the rules.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2012, 02:43:02 am by Tomas »

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2012, 03:42:59 am »
+2
Rule #2:  No using enemy forward spawns.  Although I would prefer coding so that an enemy setting themselves on a forward spawn will wipe all previous spawn settings so that it is actually a method of capturing spawns.

ALready said by chadz that doing this is fine.
It's a smart way to destroy enemy spawn by using it against them. At same instance, if you capture the enemy forward spawn, rather than destroying it, if you make your team spawn there, it becomes "Yours" over the enemies.

Offline Noctivagant

• Earl
  • Renown: 470
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player
  • I solve practical problems
    • View Profile
    • I never drank a six pack of warm beer
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2012, 04:47:56 am »
I think caping enemy spawn is FUN and it should be allowed, its the moment that either side can turn the tables and forces the teams to play more carefully.

Tomas : that cs on flag rule can be abused so badly. So you guys thing that its ok to capture all the spawns, put the flags down, and fail to put the last flag down due to CS on it then die at the last spawn of the enemy so they can already put their flags up since its closer to them and I have to walk all the way again.

Its better to remove the spawns if thats the case, its pretty stupid sorry.

To report an incident.  ONE person should post screenshots, proving the offense happened.  Posting multiple times or commenting on an existing post is also against the rules.  All posts should be made in a single reporting thread and an admin will assess each report and make a decision, editing the decision into the post accordingly.

and what will be the consequences? if we don't know who did it nothing will happen? There must be some clear punishment for that.

Offline KaMiKaZe_JoE

• Marshall
  • Renown: 904
  • Infamy: 117
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Cavalieres
  • Game nicks: KaMiKaZe _______
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2012, 01:55:27 pm »
+2
B...But I like being able to ride my horse up ladders.

It's the only way to get over a castle wall that's been broken by a catapult. Allows for fun suicide cav charges!

Or, an alternative should be provided, like a ramp. Ramp's are fun.
"I don't think I'd want to meet anyone from cRPG. Sorry no offense lol" -TG

Offline Haboe

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2012, 02:05:17 pm »
B...But I like being able to ride my horse up ladders.

It's the only way to get over a castle wall that's been broken by a catapult. Allows for fun suicide cav charges!

Or, an alternative should be provided, like a ramp. Ramp's are fun.

It will be a vote on whether or not it will be allowed, my guess is that most ppl are fine with horses on ladders, which will be shown by the poll results ^^

Offline Tomas

• Marshall
  • Renown: 718
  • Infamy: 217
    • View Profile
    • Fallen Brigade Website
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Tomas
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2012, 02:55:40 pm »
I think caping enemy spawn is FUN and it should be allowed, its the moment that either side can turn the tables and forces the teams to play more carefully.

As I said i'd prefer a coding change so that capping was more tactical instead of simply annoying.  If I cap an enemy forward spawn, it should prevent my enemies spawning there making it a proper capture.

Tomas : that cs on flag rule can be abused so badly. So you guys thing that its ok to capture all the spawns, put the flags down, and fail to put the last flag down due to CS on it then die at the last spawn of the enemy so they can already put their flags up since its closer to them and I have to walk all the way again.

How do you prove who put the cs down?  You can't have admins constantly watching every fight and once a CS is on top of a my old friend you have no way to see if the flag is up or down or check who put it there.  In fact it would be pretty easy to frame someone and with the harsh punishments suggested then that can't be allowed.  Unless you can come up with a way to prove consistently who put a site down then it is an unenforceable rule.

and what will be the consequences? if we don't know who did it nothing will happen? There must be some clear punishment for that.

It doesn't matter which of a team's players committed the offense, if it is proven that anybody on a team broke the rules then the army leader and participating faction leaders get 24 hour bans.  The point is to make faction leaders responsible for their mercs.

Its a shit set of rules and punishments, but the other alternatives (constant and guaranteed admin supervision or coded fixes) simply aren't practical

Offline oprah_winfrey

• Marshall
  • Renown: 808
  • Infamy: 196
  • cRPG Player
  • Now look under your seat...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: JABONRA
  • Game nicks: Egan
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2012, 03:02:57 pm »
+1
Add the little giant ladder system, all problems with ladders will be solved, because this ladder does everything!