Author Topic: Fips' Maps  (Read 8045 times)

Offline Fips

• Renown: 1217
  • Infamy: 290
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Holy Roman Empire
  • Game nicks: Fips_HRE
Fips' Maps
« on: December 19, 2012, 07:34:46 pm »
+9
http://mountandblade.nexusmods.com/mods/3882

Siege
(click to show/hide)

Battle
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 21, 2013, 03:55:10 pm by Fips »

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
Re: Fips' Maps
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2012, 08:14:25 pm »
+1
It appears from the screens that there is a way to big distance from attacker spawns to the flag, doubt it'll be winnable for the attackers.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Fips

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2012, 08:35:07 pm »
+1
It appears from the screens that there is a way to big distance from attacker spawns to the flag, doubt it'll be winnable for the attackers.

~40secs to get there. 10-15 if you use horse. Once the gates are opened ofc. Thought about removing the 2nd gates before uploading it, but i think without the 2nd gates it will be very hard to defend...
« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 08:49:57 pm by Fips »

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2012, 09:52:17 pm »
~40secs to get there. 10-15 if you use horse. Once the gates are opened ofc. Thought about removing the 2nd gates before uploading it, but i think without the 2nd gates it will be very hard to defend...
40 sec is way to long I'm afraid, especially considering that defense usually has some defensive advantage in siege.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Fips

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2012, 10:07:45 pm »
40 sec is way to long I'm afraid, especially considering that defense usually has some defensive advantage in siege.

Well, jacko told me that 50-60 seconds are standard oO

Offline Thranduil

• Earl
  • Renown: 367
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
  • what? ... What? ... WHAT?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Ward of Mithrim
  • Game nicks: Warden_Thranduil The_Doctor
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2012, 12:06:22 am »
Honestly, 40 seconds to flag isn't that bad. I've played worse. Also remember that we have that new system set up where the attackers make progress and start spawning closer to the flag. Really though, we won't know until it's played.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Fips

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2012, 07:02:57 pm »
Next project: Helms Deep (in winter). Got the green light from jacko to build it =D
Probably everyone knows how it looks, anybody got some tips balance-wise before i start building it? Oh, and is it possible to make that little river without using the terrain generator?

Offline Jacko

• Renown: 839
  • Infamy: 99
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • Mappers Guild
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fffnanguard!
  • Game nicks: Jacko
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2012, 09:32:18 pm »
+1
When creating terrain it's preferable to start with a flat ish map and then raise and lower in layers. If you want to make your own river, set the terrain brush to minus, cut out the general shape, smooth were needed and paint in the details.

It's never a good idea to use any of the preset stuff from the editor, it usually leaves artifacts when  changing it.
Monkeys!

Offline Thranduil

• Earl
  • Renown: 367
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
  • what? ... What? ... WHAT?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Ward of Mithrim
  • Game nicks: Warden_Thranduil The_Doctor
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2012, 02:33:59 am »
Next project: Helms Deep (in winter). Got the green light from jacko to build it =D
Probably everyone knows how it looks, anybody got some tips balance-wise before i start building it? Oh, and is it possible to make that little river without using the terrain generator?

Helm's Deep eh?

My friend, CtrlAltDe1337, made a Helm's Deep some years ago. You can find it here: http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=2519
(click to show/hide)

Might be useful to see another's attempt at doing Helm's Deep.

Good luck! I look forward to seeing it someday.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Camaris

• Count
  • Renown: 223
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Neresto_HRE
  • IRC nick: Neresto_HRE
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2012, 10:10:03 am »
+1
Helm's Deep eh?

My friend, CtrlAltDe1337, made a Helm's Deep some years ago. You can find it here: http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=2519
(click to show/hide)

Might be useful to see another's attempt at doing Helm's Deep.

Good luck! I look forward to seeing it someday.

Its good to see this map as an example how helms deep isnt working with siege in crpg.
It looks nice but the path to the flag is so f***** long. With some work on spawns it could have been a real solid map.
Take it as an example how it could look but how it shouldnt be balanced.

Helms Deep is probably one of those maps that would work best with new siege mode. (if it ever comes)

Offline Fips

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2012, 11:28:56 am »
@jacko: Yeah, i noticed that. Tried to work with many hills on terrain, didn't work and now i'm building it on flat area, last thing i will add are the mountains and the river (Which i still didn't figure out how to make it without that water-prop?! I only get water when the area really is down below 0)

@Thranduil: Yes, i saw this one already some time ago, doesn't look bad, but i'd rather make it as close to the movie as possible. Will steal some ideas, though. =D

@Neresto: My version will probably be even bigger, but once it's done i'm trying to balance it out with the spawnpoints. How many and which spawnpoints are used for the initial spawn? First spawn shouldn't be too close to the castle, but after the first one on a map like this it's probably a good idea to let attackers spawn very close to the walls/gatehouse or even in the yard behind the walls. But then again, might be even hard to defend if attackers spawn too close.
Anyway, it's probably better to discuss this after i know how long it would take attackers to get to flag. I will get back to you with some screens in a couple of days.

Offline Jacko

• Renown: 839
  • Infamy: 99
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • Mappers Guild
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fffnanguard!
  • Game nicks: Jacko
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2012, 11:37:35 am »
You only get water when the terrain is below 0, that's the only way. My advice is to place the water as early as possible, and build the terrain around it. There is a water prop, but it's not really functional.
Monkeys!

Offline Fips

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2012, 11:44:20 am »
You only get water when the terrain is below 0, that's the only way. My advice is to place the water as early as possible, and build the terrain around it. There is a water prop, but it's not really functional.

Okay, that's not going to work then. I will try the prop anyway, if it doesn't work, there won't be a river then. It's winter anyway, maybe it's frozen, lol.

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2012, 03:26:42 pm »
You could also place a million water props, however that's really messy unless you're placing them all on terrain of the exact same height level.
Okay, that's not going to work then. I will try the prop anyway, if it doesn't work, there won't be a river then. It's winter anyway, maybe it's frozen, lol.
Why wouldn't it work? All it'd require would be making the base ground of the map like level 1 or 2 then lowering it and raising it were needed?

Offline Fips

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2012, 04:56:16 pm »
You could also place a million water props, however that's really messy unless you're placing them all on terrain of the exact same height level.Why wouldn't it work? All it'd require would be making the base ground of the map like level 1 or 2 then lowering it and raising it were needed?

This river is coming from a huge mountain. Never actually saw that kind of river in M&B. Either i place it like it would actually look like, flowing down the mountain, or i don't place it at all. But i think i'll be just fine with the 2nd option, tried that water prop...it looked, well, interesting.