Author Topic: HBO's Game of Thrones. [No Book Spoilers]  (Read 186240 times)

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
Re: HBO's Game of Thrones. [No Book Spoilers]
« Reply #2790 on: July 13, 2016, 08:28:37 pm »
+1
Sad to see Ramsay go, he was entertaining. Lost a lot of interest in this season, the remaining characters just feel boring, and the progress is slow and not interesting either. The battles were horribly boring and stupid. I mean Jons army are pretty well armored but not a single one wears a helmet or brings a shield.

Sad to see Ramsay go too, but this feeling of "this cant be anymore interesting now" has been proven false everytime a major/interesting sidekick died in all the seasons past. Maybe this time they went too far? I dont think so, Daenerys and Jon Snow alone (or even only one of them) can carry the show easily.
Also "progress being slow", every episode was brimming with arcs closing or new ones opening, if its slow and uninteresting you need to lay off the coke :P

The battle was superbly illustrated, one can only say that it wasnt entirely realistic but its the case with every shows.

Offline Bittersteel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 919
  • Infamy: 199
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Créme
  • Game nicks: Tybalt_von_Krems, Lennart_Bladh
  • IRC nick: Bittersteel
« Reply #2791 on: July 14, 2016, 01:29:20 am »
Sad to see Ramsay go too, but this feeling of "this cant be anymore interesting now" has been proven false everytime a major/interesting sidekick died in all the seasons past. Maybe this time they went too far? I dont think so, Daenerys and Jon Snow alone (or even only one of them) can carry the show easily.
Also "progress being slow", every episode was brimming with arcs closing or new ones opening, if its slow and uninteresting you need to lay off the coke :P

The battle was superbly illustrated, one can only say that it wasnt entirely realistic but its the case with every shows.

Yes, the brilliant fleshed out characters Khaleesi and John Stark. There needs to be an interesting antagonist if the characters which this show now rest its shoulders on are gonna be worth watching. The show has set up an incredibly boring scenario. We got the incredibly dull and favored character Daenerys Targaryen who got everyone and their grandma supporting her. We also got Mr. Jon who gods know why everyone are so far up his arse, he very well may be the most annoying and boring character in the show. With characters like Grey Worm and Missandei, that's quite a feat. Obviously they want to wrap the show up as quick as possible and since they now have to rely more on their own writing and not Mr. Martin's, everything has gotten so predictable. Killing off every interestingly evil character and making just about EVERYTHING go right in the hands of these boring black and white characters. There's absolutely no slash of grey left. Sigh.

Offline Moncho

• King
  • Renown: 1127
  • Infamy: 221
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Moncho, Some_Random_STF, Some_Random_Troll
« Reply #2792 on: July 14, 2016, 09:51:23 am »
If only Daenerys actually went fully Aerys and started burning everything, thus becoming destruction on fire, and from the North the Walkers came with their icy destruction... Only piece missing would be Stannis being the last hope stuck in between those two destroying forces and trying to keep what remains of the realm alive. But I'd be ok with it being Jon instead.
After all Daenerys seems to be like an (evil) destroying fire queen we got the origin story for.

Offline Bittersteel

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #2793 on: July 14, 2016, 10:58:44 am »
^

That would be cool but somehow I doubt it

Offline Butan

• King
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #2794 on: July 14, 2016, 12:44:04 pm »
There's absolutely no slash of grey left.

The only really "black" characters are the dead; Euron - Littlefinger - the Lannisters have understandable motives. Yes we all cry for the loss of the madman Ramsay Bolton but he was just a "black" funny nutter, he wasnt carrying the show at all.
And since all the "white" are striving to conquer the same patch of land, I would not say that the show is dead at all.

Its easy to foretold that there is going to be a massive three sided war in Westeros soon: war against the dead, war against Daenerys and war against the still strong westerosi pretenders (Iron isles, Highgarden and Littlefinger) with the same fun that the war of the 5 kings had, and more. + the Bran card is still not fully shown, and I wouldnt count on no new characters appearing soon.

Offline Bittersteel

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #2795 on: July 14, 2016, 12:54:56 pm »
Highgarden have basically sworn fealty to Daenerys, with the loss of the Martells, Victarion, ACTUAL Euron etc, there's simply no more interesting characters left on the show. Tyrion went from

(click to show/hide)
to
(click to show/hide)

I seriously can't see what Littlefinger can do anymore, altough, he has suprised before. Last wildcard we got is Cersei which I look forward to seeing more of. Actually, I change my mind, Cersei is a very interesting character atm.

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #2796 on: July 14, 2016, 01:02:02 pm »
Only thing Cersei is going to do is what she's always done, which is be a gigantic moron and fuck up the carefully laid plans and alliances smarter people than her worked to build. The prophecy of Cersei dying at the hands of her own brother is probably going to end up referring to Jaime, not Tyrion as she always believed. Jaime going to be an unsung hero yet again by killing another insane, torture/fire loving absolute ruler. An even bigger sacrifice than just his honour this time, since it's Cersei, the only person he's ever really loved.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Butan

• King
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #2797 on: July 14, 2016, 02:03:36 pm »
Highgarden have basically sworn fealty to Daenerys

I didnt understand at first, watched the Olenna/Sand meeting again and I understand now... Fire and Blood indeed. Daenerys might have a quick conquest then  :mrgreen:

Offline Bittersteel

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #2798 on: July 14, 2016, 02:45:09 pm »
+1
Not to mention Asha and Theon got enough men from the iron islands to sail 50 ships, altough not enough to fight off Euron and his ten supporters.

Offline Butan

• King
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #2799 on: July 14, 2016, 09:23:15 pm »
Not to mention Asha and Theon got enough men from the iron islands to sail 50 ships, altough not enough to fight off Euron and his ten supporters.

Yeah I dont know why they had to make Asha/Theon manage to take ALL the freaking ships??? It can be explained realistically (skeleton crew) but that really makes it look weird af in terms of faction power balance. Euron probably got more like 90% of iron isles as support, and now they are going into "war economy" mode so it will easily justify that ep01 of the next season, they already have a thousand ships.

Offline Bittersteel

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #2800 on: July 14, 2016, 09:54:05 pm »
I'd laugh so hard if they randomly were assigned a thousand ships. The Iron Islands are like Norway, maybe even worse, there's no fucking way you're building a thousand ships.

Maybe with help of other ships to sail to mainland to get more wood. But they were stolen :(

Offline Butan

• King
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #2801 on: July 14, 2016, 10:19:54 pm »
I'd laugh so hard if they randomly were assigned a thousand ships. The Iron Islands are like Norway, maybe even worse, there's no fucking way you're building a thousand ships.

Maybe with help of other ships to sail to mainland to get more wood. But they were stolen :(

Trust TV shows to make it happen though.
Euron said that every man had to build a ship, so it shall happen whether there are trees or not  :twisted:

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #2802 on: July 14, 2016, 10:40:36 pm »
Trust TV shows to make it happen though.
Euron said that every man had to build a ship, so it shall happen whether there are trees or not  :twisted:
they are working on it but the supermarket ran out of popsicles. visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline Asheram

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2803 on: July 24, 2016, 12:02:02 am »
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline Asheram

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2804 on: August 28, 2017, 09:55:35 pm »
Think I'm gonna post here so I don't get people who like this show upset.
My Rose colored glasses broke. visitors can't see pics , please register or login
« Last Edit: August 28, 2017, 10:34:06 pm by Asheram »
PENDULUM