Author Topic: Stop whining  (Read 1565 times)

Offline GuiKa

• Baron
  • Renown: 141
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wolves
  • Game nicks: Wolves_GuiKa
Stop whining
« on: December 06, 2012, 09:28:36 pm »
+7
Hello,

As developer of the Strategus Enhancer solution i would like to tell you:

- It is open source you can download once you registered

- The key system is not to keep this as a secret it's here to control how many people are using it depending on how much my little amazon cloud can handle or how stable it is. I would like to remember that it is an alpha version and thing doesn't get developed by magic in one fucking day. I have a lot of thing to do and i already spent a lot of time on this solution.

- If you are whining because Wolves and their close allies got into the alpha first then get a fucking developer in your faction and make your own.

- Anyway once i have finished the version 2.0 the key system will be gone and lot of things will come up like :

-Real relation management between faction (like native) and alliance
     -A contract system working like quests (scout here and i give you gold, attack this guy and i suck your peepee etc ....)
     -A renow/Infamy value depending how good you behave onstrat
     -A way to point target on strat map and add it to a message (like google map coordinate). This would also be used for contract like scouting.
     -.... give me other idea i can almost do anything

Well right now the database is ready and i'm doing the site which is the longest part of the development, i like abusing the power of good frameworks so sometime it might look scary =x.

Cheer, make love ! And stop whining.

Edit:

Grey officers, stop using my tool as an excuse for your pathetic ultimatum against everyone.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 09:33:04 pm by GuiKa »

Offline serr

• OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 293
  • Infamy: 19
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wataga
Re: Stop whining
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2012, 09:35:28 pm »
Hmm, don't you want to become main strat developer? :D
I really like how it sounds, but can't imagine how it will work as third-party tool.
Looking forward for this version 2.0 .
P.S.: Thank you for your work.

Offline GuiKa

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2012, 09:46:23 pm »
Hmm, don't you want to become main strat developer? :D
I really like how it sounds, but can't imagine how it will work as third-party tool.
Looking forward for this version 2.0 .
P.S.: Thank you for your work.

Thank you but c-rpg/strategus team are already doing a great job so there is no use for that.

It will be a website for the administration/management of things and a script to render it on strategus.

Offline serr

• OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 293
  • Infamy: 19
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wataga
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2012, 09:54:46 pm »
I mean, IMO, some of features you posted like
     -A contract system working like quests (scout here and i give you gold, attack this guy and i suck your peepee etc ....)
     -A renow/Infamy value depending how good you behave onstrat
can't work properly without being integrated in game.
I hope I am wrong or it will be integrated in game.

Offline kinngrimm

• King
  • Renown: 1026
  • Infamy: 320
    • View Profile
    • The Betrayer of Nations
  • Faction: Wolves of Fenris
  • Game nicks: kinngrimm, Karma
  • IRC nick: kinngrimm
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2012, 10:05:15 pm »
we are aware that we have certain limitations, as we cant change(and that is a good thing) the server side aspects of the game. We try mostly to make a showcase, what can be done, provide that source code in different smaller greasemonkey scripts for easy implementation and leave it then to the strat devs what to make out of it in the end. Sure we want something would work complettly straight away, but it wont be that way for stated reasons.
learn from the past, live the moment, dream of the future

Offline GuiKa

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2012, 10:40:58 pm »
I mean, IMO, some of features you posted like
     -A renow/Infamy value depending how good you behave on strat
can't work properly without being integrated in game.
I hope I am wrong or it will be integrated in game.

Well i have no problem about integrating it into the game but the main problem is :

I'm a .Net developer (a Microsoft dog) and C-RPG is php based which is not the same thing at all.
My website is an Asp .Net MVC 4 application and the client side script is using ajax request to an API controller (some sort of rest web service specialized for ajax) which provide informations like heroes positions and instructions message from your officer/leader.
And the database is generated in code first pattern so basically nothing can be converted to a php and mySQL solution.

I would like to communicate with c-rpg server, to check things like "This char name exist on strategus" and then => "He is not already on the strategus enhancer solution so he can create an account". Just a little web service responding true or false depending if a user/faction exist or if a user is in a faction (only public information), or i could also do that by "tricking" the c-rpg website.
But for now not any single little request is made to strategus or c-rpg website cause i don't like the idea of using their server capacity for my things. So i'm just doing it without any communication with c-rpg.net.

Anyway I can make everything with an userscript and a web server, the only problem would be the security like people stealing other people name or creating fake faction etc ... and the 7€ a month it cost me è_é (no just trolling it's nothing).

Offline BADPLAYER_old2

• Earl
  • Renown: 360
  • Infamy: 235
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Not a Bad player
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2012, 05:30:04 am »
+3
- If you are whining because Wolves and their close allies got into the alpha first then get a fucking developer in your faction and make your own.

What if a guy made a bot to leech in cRPG for them so they could level faster and gain more strat gold/ticks per day.

If that was made and not shared would you think it's ok? do you think a program like that is ok period? Because it's just saving you time from grinding yourself, much like your programs saves you time from screenshotting and does it automatically for you. So it should be fine right?

(obviously this would be wrong, and that is my same opinion on your script too)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline kinngrimm

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2012, 05:54:51 am »
Then don't use it ... obviously?

Offline Malaclypse

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 146
  • In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2012, 05:57:41 am »
What if a guy made a bot to leech in cRPG for them so they could level faster and gain more strat gold/ticks per day.

If that was made and not shared would you think it's ok? do you think a program like that is ok period? Because it's just saving you time from grinding yourself, much like your programs saves you time from screenshotting and does it automatically for you. So it should be fine right?

Pretty much this. Both are used to give an unfair advantage, or, if shared with everyone, both still rank 9/10 on lameness scale.
You think you're pretty smart with your dago mustache and your greasy hair.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2012, 07:04:06 am »

That is pretty interesting, since this does not take magical screenshots if the user is not active, so using your analogy this would be like a bot that plays only when you play (no advantage), and magically joins spectator the instant your hands move off the keyboard.

If the program updated real time 24/7 even when the user's computer was shut down, then yeah I can see the potential problem unless it is released as a stickied community mod for Strategus or part of Strategus itself. Until then, your analogy seems rather unfitting since this program does not "play" when you sleep.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline GuiKa

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2012, 04:58:15 pm »

It's only sharing view when you are connected on strategus.

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2012, 05:11:40 pm »
Here is an idea for this thing: An option for adding highlights/notes/whatever on the map, for either your allies or members or whoever, so, for example, you can put notes on fiefs, marking them as fiefs open for trade, or such things.

Offline rufio

• Marshall
  • Renown: 995
  • Infamy: 483
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • QQ
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Rufio_pleaser_of_widows, LeLouche_LampeRouge, Quenya_Favourite_of_Rufio
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2012, 05:19:57 pm »
It's only sharing view when you are connected on strategus.

oh damn, now its all fine ... guys guys.. its only sharing when youre connected to strat... guys its all ok now.. guys?? guys? Only when connected to strat!!

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 07, 2012, 05:35:14 pm by rufio »

Offline kinngrimm

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2012, 05:20:58 pm »
Here is an idea for this thing: An option for adding highlights/notes/whatever on the map, for either your allies or members or whoever, so, for example, you can put notes on fiefs, marking them as fiefs open for trade, or such things.
the instruction/mesaging system in the end is supposed to have similar options.

Atm you can send to anyone with a lower rank an instructions

Recieved is the message then on the strategus website, which he needs confirm and read and afterwards do the stuff, which was posted.

What i still would like to have is a different tab within strategus, which allows higher ranking guys, like 9&10, to give out general messages, which also maybe pretty static. Click on "instructions tab", see f.e.
1. set troop cap to 250
2. allied factions, enemy factions
3. Trade Routs for Wolves_XY buy in , sell at repeat with XZ to YZ, repeat from start
4. all please set your nighttime to ....

so general information for the own factions, like a small FAQ, so people don't always need to ask me the same stuff over and over again and again and again and again and again, but i would point my lads to the instructions tab ...

The idear for pointers, which would be shared, has also been thought of, but i don't quite like the idear to flood the map with too much information, on the other hand you could create a different layer and en/disable it with another checkbox.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2012, 05:24:16 pm by kinngrimm »

Offline GuiKa

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2012, 06:35:00 pm »
oh damn, now its all fine ... guys guys.. its only sharing when youre connected to strat... guys its all ok now.. guys?? guys? Only when connected to strat!!

(click to show/hide)

Derp.