Poll

Keep this program or not?

Make it open source or announce it if you use it
Unfair Remove it
Keep it as is
http://forum.meleegaming.com/strategus-general-discussion/cheating-or-no/msg670358/#msg670358

Author Topic: Cheating or No?  (Read 12331 times)

Offline kinngrimm

• King
  • Renown: 1026
  • Infamy: 320
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • The Betrayer of Nations
  • Faction: Wolves of Fenris
  • Game nicks: kinngrimm, Karma
  • IRC nick: kinngrimm
Re: Cheating or No?
« Reply #135 on: December 07, 2012, 04:33:00 pm »
+3
You did not inform anyone except devs and those receiving the betas = secrecy. You cannot change this definition. There isn't two sides to fact.
i am changing nothing, but there isn't only one point of view or only your truth, which you believe to have found and stated as facts. AS there is not only black and white, in these terms i am even very shady as i never claimed to be in the possession of the one and only truth or that questions of morality are only need to be painted in black and white, but that circumstances and point of views make all the differences, IT ALWAYS DEPENDS is one of my favourite phrases.

That clans dictate the discussion in this is complete bull too, at least in reference to my writings (why else mention it in your post?):
I have zero stake in Strategus, zero stake in the UIF. Nothing what so ever here to gain or win. I don't play and I don't intent on playing again due to actions such as those you have taken throughout your C-RPG career.
All of my writings are completely from the side line as a veteran observer in the community.
objectivity is an ideal to strive for, subjectivity the default.

That I call you a cheater is because you did cheat, you lied to multiple clans for hours, days, via voice communication, which nullified a legit and completely fair war which everyone was having fun with, and replaced it with multiple clan quitting due to your acts, made the map and round stagnate for ages, killed the third alliance on the map which ever since have only seen the two UIF + Anti-UIF alliances, so great job on that too. Finishing off by wiping the last few clans off the map in Strategus with 10000x1 numbers making the attacks nothing more than a quick formality (and still with morning attacks of course). That IMO make's you a cheater.
so you telling me it is all water under the bridge and no grudges ^^ hasn't quite been the truth i guess.
So much for your objectivity now.
Comparing a strategic move, a trick, a ruse against an alliance, which you haven't been part of, but used in a time where it was convinient and you otherwise would have been wiped, that comparing or declaring as a cheat is quite a width stretch in my view, but clearly you see things differently. Man these allaince members i tricked, had they been disappointed of Nords while Nords first agreed on the alliance in the first meeting and then like "no we never agreed onto anything" That was a neat turn of events back then in strat 3.0, you basicly made it possible that Desert Alliance had success with the ruse without being troubled through your pressence in the Desert, then you were idling and when we came back to finish you off, it was quite like now with the Nords, GTX and blablabla! Afterwards which also had been confirmed by Grey Order you got ressuplied by them without a sweat on your part and being used as proxies to get back in the Desert. Surprise you used stuff from those who most likely already then cheated(account sharing, not sure about gold duping, GO and Desert Alliance had quite some nice trade going for a while in strat 3.0), but no that doesn't make you a cheater at all, your hands are clean ... (problem with propaganda like yours is, if you leave it unchallanged people tend to just believe that crap, now you can also claim the same for what i wrote ... fair right, equal opportunities)

All these facts above does not take away the achievement this tool would be if standardized.
true, but

It just makes you a shady unfair person.
this and the other slandering shit you and others spill, i take as an attempt to do so. Many implications without facts or neglecting the facts others and myself posted. Try to point out more your opinions perhaps in comparison to stating them as facts.

Projects with powerful enhancements that severely cut management or otherwise should be in the open for all to see and follow from the get-go. Not done in secrecy. No matter what.
Considering what you posted sofar, you definetly have no clue what you are talking about and the capabilities of the addon, which if you would have tested it, with Thovex and Andswaru should have become clear. You had the chance for at least 2 weeks, but instead you and Thovex are just spilling poison, not sure why you tried to distance yourself from.

Let's just agree to disagree. It isn't like I will convince you otherwise nor you me.
fuck yes, different opinions, different point of views, different realities it seems. Maybe you are closer to an overall objective truth ... maybe not. In the end as always the truth is somewhere in between right ^^

In the end this really is no fun here, we will keep on going with the development, but engaging with the likes of you into fruitless discussions is just a waist of time again out of my point of view.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
everything i wanted is in my sig now,

thanks chadz for giving chort, dotnet, Guika,me and others who would like to engage a bit more actively in enhancing the strategus experience  the chance to do so and if i may say/imply so your at least moral support for that.
learn from the past, live the moment, dream of the future

Offline GuiKa

• Baron
  • Renown: 141
  • Infamy: 48
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wolves
  • Game nicks: Wolves_GuiKa
« Reply #136 on: December 07, 2012, 04:38:27 pm »
+2
The whole behaviour in this thread is a shame and in all honesty... if I were Guika, who seems to be the lead programmer, I would just throw the code into your faces and tell every single one of you to "Go fuck yourselves".

:D

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #137 on: December 07, 2012, 04:55:27 pm »
+1
Did nords quit strat before or after they attacked the banned grey order fiefs? Wouldn't getting information like that before anyone else be consider cheating?
Guess a tool would do that :lol:
The information was freely available for anyone bothering to look.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Goretooth

• Duke
  • Renown: 634
  • Infamy: 237
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Braeden - Clanless maybe? or Free Peasant not sure - Rarely plays, plus might be retarded
Tydeus - Nord EU Scum - Hates adminning

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #139 on: December 07, 2012, 05:12:52 pm »
+3
As Cooties stated, there are much better and much less shady ways to do this. Of course you're not going to invite everyone to first tests. But they could've been open about it, as in announced it to the public, without needing to invite everyone - "hey look we're developing this cool thing here, it's still pretty shitty, but yeah, should be open to everyone once ready, until then we'll be selecting a few testers" - and have several different testers, a proper closed beta, not just from one side. How this was not at least forced by the devs once it was found out... That's what we're trying to point out. The way this was handled throws a suspicious shade on it.
I don't think they were like "Hey, let's do some coding and then we get this great thing..." That's not how it works... normally.

You start with the idea. "Would it be possible to do this by ourselves? Well, let`s try..." and you want them to go already public at that point?
Nobody is going to do that. Never ever. You start coding some basics like "If we do this... let's see what happens... Cool, that seems to work for a start. Now, if we add this...". At some point it goes from "That seems to work." to "Okay, let`s see if we get something actually useful out of it" and from my understanding that is the point they're at right now. You can't do some closed beta with code that isn't even running properly. And if you do, you have to take care about everyone who doesn't get it running cuz hasn't updated Firefox the last 2 years, isn't really familiar with a pc overall, has a shitty system setup and so on. That takes time off developing and you actually don't wanna do it cuz it's annoying as hell... :P

Everyone who was/is using it said that it is not even working properly yet and still everyone is making a fuss about it - that is what I don't understand.

When the code still has bugs/stability issues and is just the basic foundation you want to improve on, then there is nothing to share yet.

Don't get me wrong, it`s not like I don't understand your issues but to me it is blown up way out of proportion. Besides that the whole discussion is so much filled up with hatred, personal agendas and hypocrisy - it ain't even a fun drama - all fought on the back of a guy who was just doing some coding for fun and the benefit for the whole community. He's spending his spare time to create something cool and everyone seems to see just the evil intention of cheating instead of being grateful that he is even doing this. That is some shady behaviour right there.
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #140 on: December 07, 2012, 05:45:02 pm »
+12
U guys are incredible. Im out of words. pathetic mogoloids

Your posts are garbage, Ginger. Make your clan (and all forumites) a favor and stay out of the forum. Please consider it. Thanks
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline highglandeur

• Count
  • Renown: 165
  • Infamy: 31
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: December 07, 2012, 06:33:26 pm »
+4
Let's be honest this tool isn't even working fine and wolves suck at strategus, only kinngrimm cares about strat in our ranks and most of us don't even bother grinding or even joining battles.

All this shit is either bitching from guys who felt they have been unfairly treated by the community or personnal vendetta against kinggrimm for being a strategus snake, might be genuine and maybe even deserved, yet not relevant.

The guy who coded that script had no cheating intentions, he advised the devs about his testing, as molly said give him a fucking break.

Offline GuiKa

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: December 07, 2012, 06:44:58 pm »
+1
Let's be honest this tool isn't even working fine

Wat

Offline highglandeur

• Count
  • Renown: 165
  • Infamy: 31
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: December 07, 2012, 06:53:10 pm »
+2
maybe i should dl a newer version lol i never connect to that shit i hate strat, strat is the devil!!!!
I want friendly clan matches back lets kill strat!!!

Offline GuiKa

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: December 07, 2012, 07:02:46 pm »
+3
  • Your test platform may literally be incapable of handling large amounts of users, as sometimes it is easier/practical to start small and build larger either from a hardware or software perspective for development.
  • Starting small until it is semi-stable and then making it larger later makes it much easier to troubleshoot.
  • Public Relations can drastically backlash if you release a product and it does not work, and OPEN BETA is just that, a released product. Perfect example would be the multitude of games that chose to release a closed beta into an open beta and suffered heavy PR due to users expecting everything to "work" and only be missing a few features and not suffer from any glitches or resets or other things, even closed betas (like DUST514) suffered from this PR backlash once it had a lot of closed betatesters of a thousand instead of a few dozen.

THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #145 on: December 11, 2012, 09:38:33 pm »
Bump.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline kinngrimm

• King
  • Renown: 1026
  • Infamy: 320
    • View Profile
    • The Betrayer of Nations
  • Faction: Wolves of Fenris
  • Game nicks: kinngrimm, Karma
  • IRC nick: kinngrimm
« Reply #146 on: December 11, 2012, 09:41:42 pm »
+1
To increase the transparency on the project we are looking for programmers out of the community to work with us on the pro´ject and therefor are able to reasure the community that the code isn't dangerous in any sense and can be installed without security risks.

learn from the past, live the moment, dream of the future

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #147 on: December 12, 2012, 01:37:57 am »
+1
Well I believe this thread is done. I'm going to go and lock it now. PM me if you want it UNLOCKED.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login