Author Topic: Why cRPG Doesn't Need To Become Faster  (Read 2191 times)

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
Why cRPG Doesn't Need To Become Faster
« on: December 05, 2012, 08:12:31 pm »
+24
Been hearing a lot of people asking for faster gameplay, but I really, really, disagree.
The gamespeed is pretty much the same as nditions atm, and I do believe this is the best possible speed, I can still play while my ping spikes up to 100 for a good while, heck if I block fast enough I can play in NA, therefore I do not believe gamespeed needs to be slowed down, 100 ping is a good amount for it to go from functional to hard as hell to almost impossible,.
Speeding up the game will solve nothing either, it's easy to make crazy feints on Nditions, that's what makes it seem faster, you gotta keep track of more, and due to less hp fights are more intense, everyone can block now a days, and almost every kind of feint can be blocked after enough practice, all speeding up the game would do would occasionally make certain weapons capable of hitting the instant they start swinging instead of just being hard to block.

Speeding up the game just makes random spam more effective, the only way to truly make the game seem faster and more intense is to add as many quick little features that your opponent and you can use. Those hits Paul made sound amazing, so does weapons dealing real different damage and even different damage types depending on where they hit as CMP showed us ages ago. Those little things could make the game a lot more skillbased, speeding up gameplay doesn't really do that, it just makes it harder to be the guy with low fps or with a high ping, and further benefits us assholes living on the server with 40 or less in ping and good computers.
A faster game is not that much more hard, or that much more fun, insta hits, spam, chambering gets even harder but admittedly a bit more rewarding, what the game really needs is more of those tiny extra features people have to watch out for in melee, jumps, kicks, fists, etc, I'm extremely grateful that it seems the devs are taking that route instead of just making things faster.

Edit: Reread what I wrote, I apologize for it being extremely badly written.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Daniisme

• Baron
  • Renown: 80
  • Infamy: 66
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Why cRPG Doesn't Need To Become Faster
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2012, 08:18:50 pm »
For some reason since cRPG luncher was updated my ping is at 116+ and it's alot harder to play....

I think the gameplay speed shouldn't be faster so I support your opinion.

Offline Callan

• Knight
  • Renown: 74
  • Infamy: 22
  • cRPG Player
  • Lone Wolf Is Lonely ]:
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wolves
  • Game nicks: Wolves_MegaRambo
  • IRC nick: Callan
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2012, 09:04:28 am »
+1
Eh, Wouldn't mind faster run speeds.

Agi feels kinda pointless at the moment.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

When I die, bury me face down so the world can kiss my ass.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2012, 09:08:04 am »
The fuck are you saying, nditions is tons faster. There is no possible way to feint as fast on cRPG as you can on nditions. The reason being either weapon speeds or higher wpf, as I think the game speed is the same.

Offline Callan

• Knight
  • Renown: 74
  • Infamy: 22
  • cRPG Player
  • Lone Wolf Is Lonely ]:
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wolves
  • Game nicks: Wolves_MegaRambo
  • IRC nick: Callan
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2012, 09:09:05 am »
Gotta love Nditions :D

When I die, bury me face down so the world can kiss my ass.

Offline TheAppleSauceMan

• Duke
  • Renown: 553
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
  • dear god I hate throwers
    • View Profile
    • Look and you'll enjoy.
  • Faction: Dracul, RUFF RYDERS
  • Game nicks: Dracul_AppleSauce_FieldBauss | Wiff Khalifa | U_Having_A_Giggle_M8
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2012, 10:34:27 am »
+2
Been hearing a lot of people asking for faster gameplay, but I really, really, disagree.
The gamespeed is pretty much the same as nditions atm, and I do believe this is the best possible speed, I can still play while my ping spikes up to 100 for a good while, heck if I block fast enough I can play in NA, therefore I do not believe gamespeed needs to be slowed down, 100 ping is a good amount for it to go from functional to hard as hell to almost impossible,.
Speeding up the game will solve nothing either, it's easy to make crazy feints on Nditions, that's what makes it seem faster, you gotta keep track of more, and due to less hp fights are more intense, everyone can block now a days, and almost every kind of feint can be blocked after enough practice, all speeding up the game would do would occasionally make certain weapons capable of hitting the instant they start swinging instead of just being hard to block.

Speeding up the game just makes random spam more effective, the only way to truly make the game seem faster and more intense is to add as many quick little features that your opponent and you can use. Those hits Paul made sound amazing, so does weapons dealing real different damage and even different damage types depending on where they hit as CMP showed us ages ago. Those little things could make the game a lot more skillbased, speeding up gameplay doesn't really do that, it just makes it harder to be the guy with low fps or with a high ping, and further benefits us assholes living on the server with 40 or less in ping and good computers.
A faster game is not that much more hard, or that much more fun, insta hits, spam, chambering gets even harder but admittedly a bit more rewarding, what the game really needs is more of those tiny extra features people have to watch out for in melee, jumps, kicks, fists, etc, I'm extremely grateful that it seems the devs are taking that route instead of just making things faster.

Edit: Reread what I wrote, I apologize for it being extremely badly written.
+1 just because my ping is 90+ and upping speed would be the final blow ending my c-rpg career
I'm rock, nerf paper, scissors is fine. Welcome to c-RPG.

Offline GiuseppeBlackRose

• Count
  • Renown: 270
  • Infamy: 178
  • cRPG Player
  • GFORCE Godfather
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2012, 10:36:03 am »
+1
Keep it slow, Man  :shock:

No one from remnant has enough skill or dedication to join my mafia, Sorry.

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2012, 11:07:18 am »
Screw all you pot heads an stoner's this mod needs a weapon speed increase duels are incredible boring and just plain....  :lol:
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline LordRichrich

• Count
  • Renown: 297
  • Infamy: 115
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2012, 01:46:24 pm »
Lul, up to 120 ping is (just) playable. 90 ping is fine to play with. I used to have those a while back and did ok. Now my ping is 40-60 and ofc it's easier but not significantly

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2012, 02:03:01 pm »
+5
Increase apparent game speed :
  • Decrease HP or/and increase damage across the board, making fights shorter. Also this is and indirect buff to agi.
  • Increase the maximum feint speed (aka lower the time it takes change between different held swings).
  • Increase the delay between two complete strikes (missing or blocked) to prevent spam and s key fests.

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2012, 02:22:20 pm »
Increase apparent game speed :
  • Decrease HP or/and increase damage across the board, making fights shorter. Also this is and indirect buff to agi.
  • Increase the maximum feint speed (aka lower the time it takes change between different held swings).
  • Increase the delay between two complete strikes (missing or blocked) to prevent spam and s key fests.
If this is meant to show people why they think NDitions is faster: +1

If this is meant as an actual suggestion: -1 to first and second, +1 to third.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1475
  • Infamy: 167
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2012, 02:25:11 pm »
Zero weight bug was awesome, I would like some more of that :D

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2012, 02:37:39 pm »
+2
Lul, up to 120 ping is (just) playable. 90 ping is fine to play with. I used to have those a while back and did ok. Now my ping is 40-60 and ofc it's easier but not significantly
Till sepember this year I had wireless connection and 70-90 ping. It's much easier with cable connection and 40 ping  :rolleyes:

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2012, 02:39:16 pm »
+1
If this is meant to show people why they think NDitions is faster: +1

If this is meant as an actual suggestion: -1 to first and second, +1 to third.

It's a little of both tbh. Why would it be a bad suggestion ?

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2012, 02:40:44 pm »
+4
in my experience with lots of different isp's etc.. Game becomes truly enjoyable at less than 45-50 ping. Above that, expect less control and more random glances, less accuracy in timing etc. 

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.