Author Topic: The Hobbit is near...  (Read 3714 times)

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
Re: The Hobbit is near...
« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2012, 12:39:57 pm »
Hobbit gonna suck ass and will be even gayer than lotr... there I said it bring it!

Frodo lovers...
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Chagan_Arslan

• Earl
  • Renown: 372
  • Infamy: 155
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Chagan_Arslan
« Reply #31 on: November 28, 2012, 01:28:55 pm »
+2
it wont be gay if they'll have Balrog in it, the dude is 100% straight

Offline djavo

• Marshall
  • Renown: 904
  • Infamy: 120
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • Salut
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HDZ_wing
  • Game nicks: Djavo
  • IRC nick: Kebab_Monteno
« Reply #32 on: November 30, 2012, 08:24:49 pm »
+2
This will be a huge hit in Italy, lot of hobbits there.

Offline Prinz_Karl

• Earl
  • Renown: 383
  • Infamy: 112
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Fridericus_II
« Reply #33 on: November 30, 2012, 09:00:41 pm »
+1
All the exaggerated exitement is coming from those who are playing the new movies up by expecting new Lord of the rings but who don't understand Tolkien and his messages at all.

I'm sure they will be dissapointed if The Hobbit doesn't provide that much battle material but I'm sure Peter Jackson will succeed in making it interesting for the battle hungry group anyway, he is a master in hitting many interests groups.

I'm looking forward to watch the movie to see another book by Tolkien being filmed by Peter Jackson. I like the battles and all but I also like the occultism the movies and books create.

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 234
  • cRPG Player
  • (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻. take all my upvotes! Part-time retard
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild Enthousiast,
  • Game nicks: Wy can't I upvote my own posts, Im a fucken genius, yo.
  • IRC nick: Joseph_Porta
« Reply #34 on: December 01, 2012, 12:06:21 am »
I am so excited! And I just can't hide it!
I loot corpses of their golden teeth.
But he'll be around somewhere between Heaven and The Devil, because neither of them will take him in, and he'll be farting loudly and singing a filthy song.

i'll be there at around
chadztime™

Offline EponiCo

• Baron
  • Renown: 92
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Aine
« Reply #35 on: December 01, 2012, 12:47:14 am »
Not entirely the same universe.. really? I'm surprised you've read all of the books if that's the conclusion you have come too, considering The Hobbit sets the stage for LOTR and the main character  is Bilbo Baggins who is adoptive parent and relative of Frodo Baggins, who is the 'main' character of LOTR. These movies are going to be as awesomeas the LOTR movies without a doubt.

It doesn't set the stage or was even intended to. It was just a children book he wrote and later he decided to make much more serious books about it afaik. And the universe does change a lot. Not so much in plain fact, but in tone. But there isn't really that much in common in the first place. You've got the ring, about which they later find out isn't a handy little thing but the doomingly dooming doomthing of doom. And then there's Gandalf (I think in the Hobbit Gandalf hides on a tree from wolves for like days, in LOTR wolves hide on a tree from Gandalf). The few others are really minor characters.
I am pretty sure the movie will follow the tone of LOTR and be full of action and drama and people screaming "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" and that's good but for the same reason I'd think that people picking up the book after watching it will be like wtf.

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
« Reply #36 on: December 01, 2012, 02:44:56 am »
It doesn't set the stage or was even intended to. It was just a children book he wrote and later he decided to make much more serious books about it afaik. And the universe does change a lot. Not so much in plain fact, but in tone. But there isn't really that much in common in the first place. You've got the ring, about which they later find out isn't a handy little thing but the doomingly dooming doomthing of doom. And then there's Gandalf (I think in the Hobbit Gandalf hides on a tree from wolves for like days, in LOTR wolves hide on a tree from Gandalf). The few others are really minor characters.
I am pretty sure the movie will follow the tone of LOTR and be full of action and drama and people screaming "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" and that's good but for the same reason I'd think that people picking up the book after watching it will be like wtf.

It does set the stage, it's the beginning, just because it was not originally intended to do so does not mean that it now isn't. He adapted the original The Hobbit book to accompany the future books after he was approached to write more. Any fantasy universe made this way has a beginning where it does not detail everything, a single book, just one story, which is the beginning, i.e The Hobbit. The universe did not "change alot", because there was not much of a universe yet, just that alot more of the universe needed to be created, it was and it flourished.

Yes, things like characters and/or actions differ in The Hobbit because it is tamer and was originally intended as a kids story, but it still doesn't mean it is any less a part of the tolkien universe "middle earth", just an immature unsure start. But the basic route of the story will be there, even if the movie will probably add and alter a bunch of stuff, it's still going to be "The Hobbit", just one more fitting to the current Universe and also the "state" of the movies, i.e more fighting, a more entertaing movie for adults aswell as kids. The LOTR movies have alot of shit that didn't happen in the books and also miss out alot of stuff that happened in the books, but they are still awesome movies.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 01, 2012, 01:14:44 pm »
+4
Inb4 Jackson starts making Silmarillion short films.

Offline Tigero

• Knight
  • Renown: 57
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player
  • Respecer, Dictator of holy virginal defenders
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 12, 2012, 10:06:26 pm »
Just watched the film... and i've neved had this mixed feelings about a movie...

The adaptation was great, effects were solid, 3d 48fps made me forget where i am, character development was nice although too rough at times, but the content was missing... A shame that such a great expirience was lamed by lack of storytelling, but you can't blame only PJ/writers, Hobbit is not the best book to adapt to movie. Wish they only made a LOTR remake this beautiful...

The humor might be fun for u, but it is fun on behalf of others.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #39 on: December 13, 2012, 07:09:30 pm »
The Hobbit is near...

And?
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Tigero

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 13, 2012, 09:16:55 pm »
I can't modify the title anymore :D

Offline Varadin

• fite me irl
  • Duke
  • Renown: 577
  • Infamy: 353
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • Serbian
    • View Profile
    • http://steamcommunity.com/id/19930206800039/
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Varadin
  • IRC nick: Varadin
« Reply #41 on: December 14, 2012, 01:15:04 pm »
Watched it yesterday , everything is epic, story , advanture, effects , landscapes everything , expect they made it a bit of comedy as well , talking Trolls and Goblins, shame ;(

Offline Kafein

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 14, 2012, 01:17:34 pm »
+1
I heard it's nice to watch after reading the book, I read the book but didn't watch yet. Opinions about this ?

Offline Tigero

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 14, 2012, 02:53:51 pm »
I heard it's nice to watch after reading the book, I read the book but didn't watch yet. Opinions about this ?

I think you should read it first, just so that you know what it is about, it's not LOTR, it's not as epic and great storywise but it's an amazing movie expirience nontheless! (just watch it it 3D 48fps, don't mind about the film conservative 24fps 35mm film is the best-idiots  :wink: )

Offline Kafein

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 14, 2012, 03:33:15 pm »
I think you should read it first, just so that you know what it is about, it's not LOTR, it's not as epic and great storywise but it's an amazing movie expirience nontheless! (just watch it it 3D 48fps, don't mind about the film conservative 24fps 35mm film is the best-idiots  :wink: )

I read the book a looong time ago, and yeah I plan on watching it the modern way.