Author Topic: The Hobbit is near...  (Read 3711 times)

Offline Tigero

• Knight
  • Renown: 57
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player
  • Respecer, Dictator of holy virginal defenders
    • View Profile
The Hobbit is near...
« on: November 24, 2012, 10:37:43 am »
+1
12/13/14.12.12 It begins, the ultimate filmgasm of our time.

After fighting with theatre's website to buy tickets for half an hour i finally got em, and a decent place, even i didn't have the option to choose. Luckily that theatre has the technology to show it in 3D HFR format, i have faith in Peter Jackson and trust he knows what he is talking about and this is not some Warner Bros. marketing bullshit.

If someone is interested, PJ published production vlog 9 today on his FB page, and who knows maybe we get a third trailer before premiere.

Discuss, debate, fight

Some things that worry me about the trailers are the dwarfs' look, only Gloin looks like a dwarf to my eyes. CGI look, too much of it makes the movie cartoony. Radagast's rabbit sled, are you fking kidding me? Things that im exited about, Howard Shore's music, Rivendell, Dwarven singing! Fuggins can't wait.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

The humor might be fun for u, but it is fun on behalf of others.

Offline Moncho

• King
  • Renown: 1127
  • Infamy: 221
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Moncho, Some_Random_STF, Some_Random_Troll
Re: The Hobbit is near...
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2012, 10:54:57 am »
The hobbit is alright, but 3 films?!?!??! WTF? The hobbit is a light adventure, not an epic story like the LotR trilogy. But money is very important...
I could maybe understand splitting it into 2, making some big battle scenes, but I seriously cannot see where the material for the third one will be...

Anyway, I might go and see it, but doubt it. Too monetised for my taste

Offline Tigero

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2012, 01:56:25 pm »
The hobbit is alright, but 3 films?!?!??! WTF? The hobbit is a light adventure, not an epic story like the LotR trilogy. But money is very important...
I could maybe understand splitting it into 2, making some big battle scenes, but I seriously cannot see where the material for the third one will be...

Calm down, it's not all about money, and as a matter of fact Tolkien Enterprises took legal action against WB:s overmerchandising, which is awesome since I too hate these big profit driven companies. Now to the most important point. I understand how you feel, i thought the Hobbit will be way too slow paced until rumours started leaking, and now it has been confirmed for some time that The Hobbit will have extensive sideplot about Sauron and how he regained his power, known as Dol Guldur sideplot. I also bet that there will be more small information packackes spread throughout the story from the appendices.

Don't lose your hope, the trailer 2 and WB overall gives a bad taste about it, but i think PJ is still on control of the artistic part and will deliver a 15 oscar-worthy movie ;D

Offline Anal Bleeding

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 105
  • Infamy: 132
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2012, 04:50:08 pm »
looks like shit.

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2012, 05:31:05 pm »
+2
Gives me the chills every time:

Offline pingpong

• Earl
  • Renown: 423
  • Infamy: 220
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2012, 09:57:14 pm »
so wait does this one has the gollum innit? if so its INSTANT OSCAR from me and a must watch, but srsly i've had enough midget bundle of sticksry in the past 3 movies, no more emoboylove sam and frodo romance please!

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2012, 10:29:16 pm »

to be fair they might not miss so much stuff out. i was dissapointed at how much they missed in the Lotr
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2622
  • Infamy: 1181
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2012, 10:35:29 pm »
so wait does this one has the gollum innit? if so its INSTANT OSCAR from me and a must watch, but srsly i've had enough midget bundle of sticksry in the past 3 movies, no more emoboylove sam and frodo romance please!

There's a fucking talking dragon in this one. Smarter than both Saruman and Gandalf combined.

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2012, 12:38:07 am »
+1
The hobbit is alright, but 3 films?!?!??! WTF? The hobbit is a light adventure, not an epic story like the LotR trilogy.
When they finish Hobbit they'll make remake of LotR (it's not trilogy): instead of 3 parts - 6! or even 9! Just imagine: Two towers: Beggining, Two towers: Rise of Rohan, Two towers: Fall of Saruman  8-)

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2012, 01:00:12 am »
I like it being 3 parts, more to watch is hey okay with me because they will most likely all be worth every penny. I think they made it 3 parts instead of 2 to squeeze in more details and stuff so it doesnt turn out being a movie that is way different from the books (hate when this happens).
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2012, 01:35:55 am »
+1
Inb4 everybody claims it makes them feel like looking at what they recorded with their camcorder back in the 90's, or a cheap soap opera.

Either the 48 FPS thing is going to kill that movie, either The Hobbit is going to hit the taboo of movie framerates veyr hard.

Offline pingpong

• Earl
  • Renown: 423
  • Infamy: 220
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2012, 03:08:58 pm »
Inb4 everybody claims it makes them feel like looking at what they recorded with their camcorder back in the 90's, or a cheap soap opera.

Either the 48 FPS thing is going to kill that movie, either The Hobbit is going to hit the taboo of movie framerates veyr hard.

WHAT? has peter jackson gone mental? 48fps? usually movies are at 24-25ish fps, 48 must feel like on acid, well if its fighting scenes are cut properly and not like 007 Quantum of Solace WTFJUSTHAPPENDWHOSLEGSTHATIS, editing then i suppose its ok..

Offline Tigero

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2012, 04:01:42 pm »
WHAT? has peter jackson gone mental? 48fps? usually movies are at 24-25ish fps, 48 must feel like on acid, well if its fighting scenes are cut properly and not like 007 Quantum of Solace WTFJUSTHAPPENDWHOSLEGSTHATIS, editing then i suppose its ok..

Quantum of Solace was utter shit, it's not the framerate's fault. How many ''OMGWTFBBQWHATSHAPPENING'' scenes were in LOTR? Propably 0-2, PJ knows how to make movies, and he knows that you don't have to radically change the style of filming just because it's not filmed with some 80 years old shit technology. 48 fps feels exactly the same, you just see things more clearly.

It's a shame really they didn't make LOTR in 4 parts or more, i guess they couldn't guess how much work ROTK was going to need, that's why it has faults and is a bit rushy, while TTT is very slow paced at times.

Offline Tot.

• Duke
  • Renown: 517
  • Infamy: 133
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2012, 04:35:21 pm »
+5
Belgium    12 December 2012    
Denmark    12 December 2012    
Finland    12 December 2012    
France    12 December 2012    
Bosnia     13 December 2012    
Poland    28 December 2012

FML
Mods compatible with cRPG. New crosshairs, textures, sounds, yay.

Offline Banok

• Duke
  • Renown: 521
  • Infamy: 215
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2012, 02:34:34 am »
^Still ahead of other 3rd world countries.

but seriously I have some doubts about how they have adapted these films. the hobbit is a shortish childrens book, good but entirely different to lotr which is not entirely the same universe tbh.

but im still hyped to shit, nothing comes close to when the frst lotr film came out. I was 12 years old, and had read the books. I cant see a better book to film adaption ever being made.

even if the films suck I will still be glad for the soundtrack, more music to play the last days mod to.