Author Topic: Tundra Area Mutual Defense Agreement (TAMDA) [NA]  (Read 16317 times)

Offline Weewum

• Count
  • Renown: 159
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Tundra Area Mutual Defense Agreement (TAMDA) [NA]
« Reply #75 on: November 24, 2012, 07:56:10 pm »
I personally considered Teutonics a medium-sized clan, the Frisians are relatively new, and are already going to get massacred.

Offline Sandersson Jankins

• King
  • Renown: 1450
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA Apologists
  • Game nicks: fnord
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
« Reply #76 on: November 24, 2012, 08:00:43 pm »
Don't count us out just yet. We'll fight tooth and nail to keep what we have. However, we'll see what kind of assistance we get from anyone. It'd be nice to get some, but I won't be terribly upset if we get nothing.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?

Offline Elindor

• King
  • Renown: 1178
  • Infamy: 158
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Caelitus mihi vires
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Order of the Holy Guard
  • Game nicks: Elindor
« Reply #77 on: November 24, 2012, 08:05:34 pm »
I personally considered Teutonics a medium-sized clan, the Frisians are relatively new, and are already going to get massacred.

That choice is up to FCC.  TAMDA would not get involved because Teutonic is taking an offensive action, where TAMDA only serves as a defensive agreement against invasion for member factions.
Elindor, Archon of the Holy Guard
Holy Guard Thread :HERE
Banner Shop : HERE // Map Thread : HERE

Offline GOBBLINKINGREATLEADER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 515
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Daruvian, GOBBLINKINGGREATLEADER
« Reply #78 on: November 24, 2012, 08:18:08 pm »
+1
That choice is up to FCC.  TAMDA would not get involved because Teutonic is taking an offensive action, where TAMDA only serves as a defensive agreement against invasion for member factions.

Teutonic's roster lists a total of 41 members. Ours lists 10; not even all of those 10 are on Strategus. I would consider 40+ a medium-sized clan and 10 a small clan.

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
« Reply #79 on: November 24, 2012, 08:33:03 pm »

Teutonic's roster lists a total of 41 members. Ours lists 10; not even all of those 10 are on Strategus. I would consider 40+ a medium-sized clan and 10 a small clan.

where are you getting these numbers?

http://c-rpg.net/index.php?page=battlesupcoming#!?page=strategusinfofaction&id=195

that says 13 members.

Offline GOBBLINKINGREATLEADER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 515
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Daruvian, GOBBLINKINGGREATLEADER
« Reply #80 on: November 24, 2012, 08:34:26 pm »
Faction hall thread; could list alternates but I'm not familiar enough with them to know.

Offline Arathian

• Duke
  • Renown: 650
  • Infamy: 175
  • Pick it up you white ass cracka
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Frisians
  • Game nicks: Arathian, schizophrenic_axe_murderer
« Reply #81 on: November 24, 2012, 08:34:59 pm »
where are you getting these numbers?

http://c-rpg.net/index.php?page=battlesupcoming#!?page=strategusinfofaction&id=195

that says 13 members.

Less than half of whom are actually active, I am afraid.

Frisian guys, don't get too mad about this. I won't even kick you out if I take the fief. I just want the village really, you can move on from there.

It is just bussiness :3

Offline Arathian

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 24, 2012, 08:35:22 pm »
Faction hall thread; could list alternates but I'm not familiar enough with them to know.

Doesn't matter one bit. People who play strat are 13 and less, not 40 something.

• King
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
« Reply #83 on: November 24, 2012, 08:43:01 pm »
+5
Less than half of whom are actually active, I am afraid.

Frisian guys, don't get too mad about this. I won't even kick you out if I take the fief. I just want the village really, you can move on from there.

It is just bussiness :3

Just business, huh? Well, we'll give you the absolute shittiest time for taking our home. All your unarmed or lightly armed caravans that I've seen like jack1s? We'll attack that shit. We'll throw 200 people at the fief over and over until we take it back. We aren't looking to cut our losses and leave. We'll look for allies and we will fight you with all that we've got, admittedly a modest sum.

BRING IT YO

Edit: On a serious note, I have a question. Say Teutonic wrestles this fief from us. That's fine. Say we attack it back, will TAMDA be all over our asses, then? It is simple self-defense in my eyes. If TAMDA would attack under those circumstances, it is nothing more than a license to bully organizations or factions smaller than it. Something like TAMDA only works as advertised if the member factions are completely peaceful.

tldr; fuck the police.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2012, 09:29:02 pm by Sandersson Jankins »

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?

Offline Arathian

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 24, 2012, 09:53:45 pm »
Just business, huh? Well, we'll give you the absolute shittiest time for taking our home. All your unarmed or lightly armed caravans that I've seen like jack1s? We'll attack that shit. We'll throw 200 people at the fief over and over until we take it back. We aren't looking to cut our losses and leave. We'll look for allies and we will fight you with all that we've got, admittedly a modest sum.

BRING IT YO

Edit: On a serious note, I have a question. Say Teutonic wrestles this fief from us. That's fine. Say we attack it back, will TAMDA be all over our asses, then? It is simple self-defense in my eyes. If TAMDA would attack under those circumstances, it is nothing more than a license to bully organizations or factions smaller than it. Something like TAMDA only works as advertised if the member factions are completely peaceful.

tldr; fuck the police.

Eh, in theory TAMDA should intervene if you attacked us.

However, in practice, TAMDA will probably only intervene if you "find allies and attack all the small caravans"

So yeah, if you lose the siege, my suggestion would be pack up and leave peacefully. I am still willing to provide you with the opportunity to do so.

edit: without taking S&D, if you do that, prepare for a vacation to the EU :3

Offline Wesleysnipes

• Earl
  • Renown: 371
  • Infamy: 196
  • SQUIDDONKULIOUS
    • View Profile
  • Faction: AoW squid
  • Game nicks: Wesley
« Reply #85 on: November 24, 2012, 10:02:47 pm »
Heh, I had actually sent multiple PM's to Arathian to call off the attack, but he obvs wasn't online. Sorry about this mistake... somethings don't happen nicely in Strategus.
Dashing through the steppe, on a hundreds horse sleigh, o'er fields we go, laughing all the way. HOHOHO! It's Calamariclause and it's Christmas in April for the Squids.

http://www.insomniagamer.com/lp/leagueofangels/loapink/

Offline Elindor

• King
  • Renown: 1178
  • Infamy: 158
  • Caelitus mihi vires
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Order of the Holy Guard
  • Game nicks: Elindor
« Reply #86 on: November 24, 2012, 10:04:26 pm »
+1
Sandersson, out of principle, since Tuetonic was the aggressors, I would impose that TAMDA not be involved if you retaliated.  But as was said, if you got some huge powerhouse to come with you, we might have to reconsider for sake of protecting the whole area.
Elindor, Archon of the Holy Guard
Holy Guard Thread :HERE
Banner Shop : HERE // Map Thread : HERE

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 24, 2012, 10:15:47 pm »
+5
An interesting development. If the attack is indeed called off, we will have no need for hostilities with you. If the attack is not called off; all members of your faction are fair game for our modest warbands.

The choices are as follows: The attack will be called off and peace will exist, or the attack will not be called off and a state of war will exist. I recognize that we are not powerful enough to win a slobber-knocker fight; but we will not go quietly nor easily. We ain't nobodies bitches.

Offline ArysOakheart

• Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1322
  • Infamy: 176
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Free Peasants of Fisdnar
  • Game nicks: Arys_TheDrunkenPeasant
« Reply #88 on: November 24, 2012, 11:21:06 pm »
+2
The six Elder Free Peasants are still deliberating on the subject of TAMDA. Most of us have been out of town or not on very much recently, so communication has been rather slow. We will have a decision in a few days I presume.

Offline kinngrimm

• King
  • Renown: 1026
  • Infamy: 320
    • View Profile
    • The Betrayer of Nations
  • Faction: Wolves of Fenris
  • Game nicks: kinngrimm, Karma
  • IRC nick: kinngrimm
« Reply #89 on: November 24, 2012, 11:29:59 pm »

BRING IT YO

tldr; fuck the police.
not sure when you took Ismiralla, but if the fief went to you befor TAMDA was created, TAMDA shouldn't be triggered. Atleast again that is what logic what logic would tell me.
On the other hand if you both can find a peacefull solution, doesn't need to be in a TAMDA agreement for not threatening others, if the parties could agree on Neutrality and stay out of each others way, then that would be a first step to friendship.
learn from the past, live the moment, dream of the future