Author Topic: Tundra Area Mutual Defense Agreement (TAMDA) [NA]  (Read 16290 times)

Offline Wesleysnipes

• Earl
  • Renown: 371
  • Infamy: 196
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • SQUIDDONKULIOUS
    • View Profile
  • Faction: AoW squid
  • Game nicks: Wesley
Re: Tundra Area Mutual Defense Agreement (TAMDA) [NA]
« Reply #45 on: November 23, 2012, 08:57:36 pm »
You know Tanken writing something like this is pretty silly. If you joined the alliance its not a given to grant S&D to everyone in the pact. We ask each other first. You can do as you wish in strat. Giving you 30k in strat to help you out(Was going to give you another 30k) but I'm not sure if I want to. I really don't care about you joining. If you want me to attack you I'll be happy to. As far as I'm concerned you could say we are "Neutral".
Dashing through the steppe, on a hundreds horse sleigh, o'er fields we go, laughing all the way. HOHOHO! It's Calamariclause and it's Christmas in April for the Squids.

http://www.insomniagamer.com/lp/leagueofangels/loapink/

Offline Tanken

• King
  • Renown: 1463
  • Infamy: 395
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Tanken
« Reply #46 on: November 23, 2012, 10:02:06 pm »
+1
Im just saying its silly to have this agreement when both Teutonics and Remnant could easily hold themselves and defend themselves and have the allies and support to do so--why need each other and beckon others to join if you're not afraid of someone coming back and fighting you for it?

I have said we are neutral, and we will most likely remain that way, I just find this pact silly and it really stands no means other than to defend yourselves against us.
Below is a Collection of Finalists in my Design my Avatar contest -- They all did Awesome!
Thanks to all of those who contributed.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Gristle

• Duke
  • Renown: 560
  • Infamy: 130
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BRD
  • Game nicks: Gristle_BRD
« Reply #47 on: November 23, 2012, 10:18:43 pm »
It's kind of funny. If KUTT had remained neutral to all parties when you controlled the tundra, this thread probably wouldn't even exist.

Offline Wesleysnipes

• Earl
  • SQUIDDONKULIOUS
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 23, 2012, 10:29:33 pm »
Im just saying its silly to have this agreement when both Teutonics and Remnant could easily hold themselves and defend themselves and have the allies and support to do so--why need each other and beckon others to join if you're not afraid of someone coming back and fighting you for it?

I have said we are neutral, and we will most likely remain that way, I just find this pact silly and it really stands no means other than to defend yourselves against us.

Actually we don't force people to join TAMDA; its an offer that is pretty good to be apart of. We aren't doing this to defend from KUTT. We are doing this for the future.  Me and Elindor like to think long term. Plain and simple just for you  :P
Dashing through the steppe, on a hundreds horse sleigh, o'er fields we go, laughing all the way. HOHOHO! It's Calamariclause and it's Christmas in April for the Squids.

Offline BADPLAYER_old2

• Earl
  • Renown: 360
  • Infamy: 235
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Not a Bad player
« Reply #49 on: November 23, 2012, 10:40:38 pm »
+4
It's kind of funny. If KUTT had remained neutral to all parties when you controlled the tundra, this thread probably wouldn't even exist.

Strategus, the be neutral and make alliances simulator~

Offline Tanken

• King
  • Renown: 1463
  • Infamy: 395
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Tanken
« Reply #50 on: November 23, 2012, 11:27:56 pm »
+2

KUTT for the most part did remain Neutral. We didn't send support to Hospitallers and they didn't send any either. Our Alliance was more or less for mercenary agreements all along--the trade part and reinforcing one another never came to fruition due to wars.

I just don't want to see the Tundra turn into a big Carebear place--and that's what this Agreement is for. To have the entire Snow region be nothing but everyone holding hands and kissy-kissy is frankly stupid. In my opinion, if you have to make agreements like this, then you are weak and not self-sufficient. This is Calradia, where we war for little reason and piss upon the weak. It's not some hippy gathering where we sit in our fiefs and send love letters to one another.

Added: Due to our NAP with Remnants--IF we were to get into conflict with Teutonics, wouldn't that mean that HG and Remnant couldn't support Teutonics nor attack us due to the NAP (which was in effect before this Defense Agreement). Trying to piece together the Remnant Faction's role, or is HG going to branch off and become its own Strat Faction?
« Last Edit: November 23, 2012, 11:37:00 pm by Tank Burner »
Below is a Collection of Finalists in my Design my Avatar contest -- They all did Awesome!
Thanks to all of those who contributed.

Offline kinngrimm

• King
  • Renown: 1026
  • Infamy: 320
    • View Profile
    • The Betrayer of Nations
  • Faction: Wolves of Fenris
  • Game nicks: kinngrimm, Karma
  • IRC nick: kinngrimm
« Reply #51 on: November 24, 2012, 01:10:19 am »
+1
Added: Due to our NAP with Remnants--IF we were to get into conflict with Teutonics, wouldn't that mean that HG and Remnant couldn't support Teutonics nor attack us due to the NAP (which was in effect before this Defense Agreement). Trying to piece together the Remnant Faction's role, or is HG going to branch off and become its own Strat Faction?
pure logic i would say yes, but in terms of diplomacy in this game, often logic is not the thing which is acted on, i would suggest both parties Remnants and Kutt should sit down together and either confirm or renegotiate the NAP.

If a NAP hasn't a ending rule, time or other condition, then normally it is called an unlimited NAP, whoever would break it would be seen as less trustworthy. Renegotiation an once given word may increase hostilities between factions, if the terms would be changed greatly.

This is just my take on it and can play out here complettly different.
learn from the past, live the moment, dream of the future

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 24, 2012, 01:55:09 am »
+5
death 2 alliances, betray your TAMDA brother clan today as they are planning on doing the same tomorrow

liberate the tunda from FCC tyranny
liberate the desert from FCC tyranny

the UIF isn't going to invade NA, it was here all along, and this thread is just more proof of them ruining Strategus with a horrific carebear mentality that will bore the community to death and ensure there will never be a strat 5

just say NO to TAMDA.  just say NO to FCC. 

no gods no masters no peace
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline Wesleysnipes

• Earl
  • SQUIDDONKULIOUS
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 24, 2012, 01:58:56 am »
Kinngrimm I'll pm you tomorrow. And smooth; oh boy you smoothhhh

Offline BaleOhay

• Marshall
  • Renown: 789
  • Infamy: 229
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BS
« Reply #54 on: November 24, 2012, 02:21:45 am »
+2
no smoothrich? that would be better
Leader of BS

Offline Elindor

• King
  • Renown: 1178
  • Infamy: 158
  • Caelitus mihi vires
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Order of the Holy Guard
  • Game nicks: Elindor
« Reply #55 on: November 24, 2012, 02:34:49 am »
+1
@Tanken

TAMDA is a defense alliance set up to rebuild the Tundra area and thwart against invasion from unknown enemies - could be anyone.  KUTT was not specified in any of the conversations.

Im sorry if you find it carebear.  We like hot chocolate and cuddling up here.  Wesley has a beautiful singing voice.

Anyhow, there are many things afoot in Calradia, and some moves are made for reasons unseen.
Elindor, Archon of the Holy Guard
Holy Guard Thread :HERE
Banner Shop : HERE // Map Thread : HERE

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
« Reply #56 on: November 24, 2012, 02:59:58 am »
+3
why you so full of hate smoothy? we was best buds since strat 2, we came to your aid here in 4, now you being all mean and accusatory because we are helping PartyBoy defend himself? you of all people should have known we would help him out... back in the day you woulda been right there beside us in supporting the GodKing of Partying. But now, here you are, trying to slander your ol buddies while trying to stop the parties. I suggest you and Shik leave Hero Party (cause it has PARTY in the name) and make a new factions called The Crusader Lords Against Partying, or The CLAP for short.

either that or stop being such a poopyhead.  :cry: You hurt my feelings Smooth, you hurt em bad.

Offline Artyem

• King
  • Renown: 1218
  • Infamy: 264
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • SODOM Shaman
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul / Raven / SODOMY
  • Game nicks: Artyem
« Reply #57 on: November 24, 2012, 03:02:10 am »
+4
Dracul has donned their snuggies and made their hot cocoa for further carebearing.  As the Voivode of the Dragoni of Valahia, I officially dip my pen in TAMDA's company ink.

This decision was made by a vote held between the highest level leadership at Dracul (also known as the few people who were in TS last night).

Sordida asinum latronibus sumus

Offline Gristle

• Duke
  • Renown: 560
  • Infamy: 130
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BRD
  • Game nicks: Gristle_BRD
« Reply #58 on: November 24, 2012, 03:12:29 am »
horrific carebear mentality

Let's be clear here: You are saying FCC are carebears? Please elaborate (in a new thread if you would be so kind, since none of this has anything to do with the TAMDA).

Offline Elindor

• King
  • Renown: 1178
  • Infamy: 158
  • Caelitus mihi vires
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Order of the Holy Guard
  • Game nicks: Elindor
« Reply #59 on: November 24, 2012, 03:41:42 am »
As the Voivode of the Dragoni of Valahia, I officially dip my pen in TAMDA's company ink.

Glad to have you guys.  I will add you to the original post, but adding you to the graphic will have to wait till monday....
Elindor, Archon of the Holy Guard
Holy Guard Thread :HERE
Banner Shop : HERE // Map Thread : HERE