Author Topic: A declaration of war?  (Read 3004 times)

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
Re: A declaration of war?
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2012, 06:24:51 pm »

Facts speak for themselves, this is an aggressive maneuver cause Remnant screwed you guys in a deal so you're hitting the guy who did everything he was allowed to by the side that let him.

So you are saying the "trade deal" was screwing us over in a village being transferred and you didnt even think to ask us if this was okay??  If he had bought it before the battle commenced, hell if he had bought it early on like 15 or more hours before the battle was actually to take place after I attacked Mechin, we would have been fine with it and let you get away with it.  But he fucking took it as the battle was taking place wiping out the S&D.  That's a bitch move in anyone's book and it should have been BLATANTLY OBVIOUS he needed to talk to us beforehand about that rather than trying to make a run and grab.  No "trade deal" covers pulling a dick move like that.
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2012, 06:26:05 pm »
Good job reading there. The goods were BOUGHT BEFORE VILLAGE TRANSFER. Remnant said: BUY EVERYTHING, and we did. You guys attacked it later for transfer. Then attacked our merchant with all those goods after that.

And unlike other factions, A war is a good thing and I don't care about marching to war. I lose, i lose. I'd rather not just willy nilly march to war, nor would I like to against a faction that is quite fun to talk to and work with, but if no deal comes out of this(and I'm sure we can make a good deal that both sides are happy about) then that's the last action. But knowing FCC, we'll never get there cause they are sensible, smart people and we can work this out tonight that makes everyone happy, save for bacon who will get TPed to EU map.

So you are saying the "trade deal" was screwing us over in a village being transferred and you didnt even think to ask us if this was okay??  If he had bought it before the battle commenced, hell if he had bought it early on like 15 or more hours before the battle was actually to take place after I attacked Mechin, we would have been fine with it and let you get away with it.  But he fucking took it as the battle was taking place wiping out the S&D.  That's a bitch move in anyone's book and it should have been BLATANTLY OBVIOUS he needed to talk to us beforehand about that rather than trying to make a run and grab.  No "trade deal" covers pulling a dick move like that.

Good job selectively quoting there.

Anyways, he didn't buy the goods during transfer, or after transfer. If you read the logs, he wanted to make sure he could still buy IN MECHIN. He probably saw the army and asked if it was still fine to buy there. They said buy everything so that's what he did. I don't run trades, bacon does. I just deal with all the shit he causes :rolleyes:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Keshian

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2012, 06:29:47 pm »
Good job reading there. The goods were BOUGHT BEFORE VILLAGE TRANSFER. Remnant said: BUY EVERYTHING, and we did. You guys attacked it later for transfer. Then attacked our merchant with all those goods after that.

I read your posted trade agreement.  It said nothing about clearing out the S&D and sounds like it was several days before.  It was under attack for 24 hours before he pulled this - IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN OBVIOUS THAT WE NEEDED TO BE CONSULTED BEFOREHAND.   We let a lot of free traders roam around, but he took it all at the last possible moment - the timing makes it a complete dick move on his part that is just blatantly ripping us off.

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2012, 06:31:49 pm »
I read your posted trade agreement. It said nothing about clearing out the S&D and sounds like it was several days before.  It was under attack for 24 hours before he pulled this - IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN OBVIOUS THAT WE NEEDED TO BE CONSULTED BEFOREHAND.   We let a lot of free traders roam around, but he took it all at the last possible moment - the timing makes it a complete dick move on his part that is just blatantly ripping us off.

Quote from: Remnant_sexybitchHaru    Re: Just confirming    15/11/2012 19:31:11
sexybitchHaru
Re: Just confirming
Buy as much as you want now actually. Just tell someone in Remnant when your are travelling through our territory.

BTW when was village transfer. That can help explain all the timings. I know it was within the past 2 days or so. Bacon is also a casual player so he does stuff when he can. He doesn't whore himself in front of the computer like I do during the day.

http://c-rpg.net/index.php?page=battlesupcoming#!?page=battledetail&id=1494
Found the transfer time. it was 4(5 for day of battle) days after this Remnant approval to clear goods.I don't know what bacons travelling speed is, but being in a forest with lots of goods(and over the limit) means he moves REALLY slow. So he bought those goods(easily) before this battle at their behest.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 06:56:20 pm by Lt_Anders »

Offline Kelugarn

• Marshall
  • Renown: 936
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • #̪͎̳̭̰͓͙ͯ͗̇͘ͅͅ1̢ͨ̈̆̓ͮ͐̌͏̪̦͓̣ ̽̇ͫ҉̸͕̻͙͖̮̹ͅN̡̥̭͖͙ͮ͊͡
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Free Peasants of Fisdnar
  • Game nicks: Froyo The Wizard
  • IRC nick: #FreeArys2012
« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2012, 07:05:55 pm »
+4
Goddamn this is stupid.

Who, outside of Remnants/FCC, knew about the Mechin transfer before the battle popped up?

Considering how Chris P is never around anymore I doubt he was trying to screw over a clan that could wipe DL clean off the map. Besides, the deal was done with Remnant, why are you claiming it was DL that screwed you? Shouldn't Remnant have let FCC know that they cleared someone to use up S&D in the fief that they were going to be transferring to you? And if they did give you warning why didn't you tell them to cancel the agreement, or have Chris P head to a different fief to buy goods?

Regardless of what happened there has been an obvious communications failure between everyone involved here. If FCC is going to be mad at anyone it should be whoever cleared DL to take that S&D, not DL itself.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2012, 07:11:10 pm »
I believe this is the case Froyo. I think Kesh and I can come to a true agreement because of this. Seems like major miscommunication, and I won't have to go on a war path.

Bacon never gets on TS(unless i ask him too for a reason), nor does he hang on forums like I do. I let him run his trade runs. That's what he does, he has a goal that he wants(a shiny army or some such. That's his goal every strat. Just to have a shiny army while also helping to fun the rest of DL.)

Kesh, I'll be on after 8 PM est. Lets set up the meeting for then.

Offline oprah_winfrey

• Marshall
  • Renown: 808
  • Infamy: 196
  • cRPG Player
  • Now look under your seat...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: JABONRA
  • Game nicks: Egan
« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2012, 07:24:05 pm »
+3
I am sure FCC is shaking in their booties of the thoughts of anders attacking them.

Offline Malaclypse

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 146
  • In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2012, 07:26:10 pm »
+2
Why are people still using battles to transfer fiefs? That's the real question, I think.
You think you're pretty smart with your dago mustache and your greasy hair.

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2012, 07:26:44 pm »
Why are people still using battles to transfer fiefs?

They couldn't get someone there to do a regular transfer, from what FCC is saying.

Offline Keshian

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2012, 07:27:41 pm »
Okay - i just confirmation - you CANNOT buy any goods while a fief is under attack  (knew you couldnt sell but wasnt sure about buying) and the S&D was there 15 minutes before the battle.  This means Chris P Bacon bought it after it was in FCC hands.  That is stealing S&D without an agreement.

P.S. haru had left the fief by that point and was several days away, so fief owner wasnt there to do normal transfer.

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2012, 07:36:12 pm »
Okay - i just confirmation - you CANNOT buy any goods while a fief is under attack  (knew you couldnt sell but wasnt sure about buying) and the S&D was there 15 minutes before the battle.  This means Chris P Bacon bought it after it was in FCC hands.  That is stealing S&D without an agreement.

P.S. haru had left the fief by that point and was several days away, so fief owner wasn there to do normal transfer.

Are you positive of this. Bacon has confirmed to ME he bought BEFORE then.(and yes I know you can't buy during battle)

Bacons Speed in forest is 5.71 meters. He's roughly 1000-2000(1500 for average) meters from mechin.(between 3 hours-6 hours away). Assuming travel time of average which is 4.3 hours. He was attacked at 7 AM. which means he had to leave at 2 AM. This is HIGHLY unlikely. Therefore, he most likely left at  1 AM or so. Therefore to be attacked AT HIS LOCATION, he had to BUY THE GOODS DURING BATTLE TIME. to be at the location he's at. Battle transfer took place at 2:48 AM. Which means that you are full of crock. He bought those goods BEFORE the battle. There is NO POSSIBLE WAY HE BOUGHT THEM AFTER THAT. Math.

So here's the math: Bacon is between 1000-2000 meters. That's, at his speed, 3-6 hours away. That means, to have stolen goods FROM MECHIN, he'd have to have bought the goods at 3 AM and then left then.(as transfer battle was right at 2:50 AM). This is an unreasonable time for a casual player, so there's no way he bought the goods when you say he did. Now if bacon did buy them at 3 AM, that would be the ONLY way to get the battle time set up as it is. That is, unless bacons night time setting forced the battle to a later time slot and if that's the case, then you attacked him earlier than he could have bought the goods from the city.  I'm still playing detective anders here to figure out everything in this incident.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 07:42:31 pm by Lt_Anders »

Offline oprah_winfrey

• Marshall
  • Renown: 808
  • Infamy: 196
  • cRPG Player
  • Now look under your seat...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: JABONRA
  • Game nicks: Egan
« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2012, 07:45:47 pm »
+4
Bacon would have had to buy the goods before FCC attacked Mechin. That means prior to 2:48AM on monday morning. If that was the case, he would have been atleast 8200 meters away from Mechin. Math.

Offline Keshian

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2012, 07:49:18 pm »
Bacons Speed in forest is 5.71 meters. He's roughly 1000-2000(1500 for average) meters from mechin.(between 3 hours-6 hours away). Assuming travel time of average which is 4.3 hours. He was attacked at 7 AM. which means he had to leave at 2 AM. This is HIGHLY unlikely. Therefore, he most likely left at  1 AM or so. Therefore to be attacked AT HIS LOCATION, he had to BUY THE GOODS DURING BATTLE TIME. to be at the location he's at. Battle transfer took place at 2:48 AM. Which means that you are full of crock. He bought those goods BEFORE the battle. There is NO POSSIBLE WAY HE BOUGHT THEM AFTER THAT. Math.

So here's the math: Bacon is between 1000-2000 meters. That's, at his speed, 3-6 hours away. That means, to have stolen goods FROM MECHIN, he'd have to have bought the goods at 3 AM and then left then.(as transfer battle was right at 2:50 AM). This is an unreasonable time for a casual player, so there's no way he bought the goods when you say he did. Now if bacon did buy them at 3 AM, that would be the ONLY way to get the battle time set up as it is. That is, unless bacons night time setting forced the battle to a later time slot and if that's the case, then you attacked him earlier than he could have bought the goods from the city.  I'm still playing detective anders here to figure out everything in this incident.

First, he is a lot closer than that to mechin.  Second we attacked him about an hour after the fief transfer - he moves that slow most likely because he is exhausted after qmarching away from mechin.  hes only a few hundred meters away from Mechin (definitely nowhere near 2000) and yes his nightime slot made it a 7 am battle.  And yes he left after the battle, he was not on map until after since i clicked on it as I took control and was setting it up with PP, had map centered on it immediately after the fight.

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2012, 07:51:04 pm »
Bacon would have had to buy the goods before FCC attacked Mechin. That means prior to 2:48AM on monday morning. If that was the case, he would have been atleast 8200 meters away from Mechin. Math.

Right which is where i'm wondering, why is bacon doing that? I think it's something to do with nighttime settings. cause being that close is far to uneasy for me.

I stated in the math that it's still a valid time setup. But an even battle time of 7 solid is usually a Night time settings and not a chosen battle time.

@kesh: He's got 700 goods from mechin and 400 from ismarala and 300 troops. According to strat that's 800 crates. He's going to move slow in forest with that many crates. How close IS he to mechin really? based upon my own reading of distances and tests he's close to 1400 or so from it.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 07:54:31 pm by Lt_Anders »

Offline dynamike

• King
  • Renown: 1212
  • Infamy: 187
  • Let's be friends again?
    • View Profile
    • The Remnants Clan Website
  • Faction: Stratia
  • Game nicks: Remnant_dynamike
« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2012, 08:03:35 pm »
Remnant screwed you guys in a deal

What the fuck do you put in your breakfast cereal, mate?

(click to show/hide)
For while the fire in the heart of a single Remnant still burns... can Stratia truly have fallen?