Author Topic: Cleaver shielder  (Read 4022 times)

Offline Erzengel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 769
  • Infamy: 214
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Norse_Erzengel
Re: Cleaver shielder
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2012, 07:58:22 pm »
+1
I'm minusing this post not to be a dick but because I believe it's false information.  You aren't taking into account the damage bonus that the 5 WM of the 21/15 build provides.

Ultimately, the 24/15 build provides very slightly more damage than 21/15, at the cost of a slightly slower swing speed and a very slightly smaller hp pool.  I personally prefer 21/15 as a level 30 build, however if you think you're going to go above level 30 24/15 might be better because it has more room for you to grow into.

Really though they are both good builds and there is very little different between them.

Any information about the amount of extra damage you get from the 5 WM? I am sure it is quite small.

Edit: According to the Game mechanics mega thread 10 wpf equals 1,5% damage. 5 WM will give you about 35 additional points which means a little bit more than 5%. The additional strength will also give you more damage (1 damage per 5 strength). So you lose about 3% of damage with the 21/15 build. The small increase in attack speed won't really make a difference with the Military Cleaver because it is too slow already. I still prefer 3% more damage over 1 hit point.

15 agility should be enough for Military Cleaver if you use medium armor. It all depends on the equipment you are going to use. I still prefer having atleast 6 athletics.

« Last Edit: November 19, 2012, 08:10:28 pm by Churchill »

Offline Malaclypse

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 146
  • In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2012, 08:08:20 pm »
+2
Level 35

61 HP

24 Strength
21 Agility

1 IF
8 PS
5 Shield
7 Ath
5 WM

152 1hand

Decent HP, pretty sturdy shield, hits like a truck, runs fairly fast. Good luck buddy.
You think you're pretty smart with your dago mustache and your greasy hair.

Offline Erzengel

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2012, 08:12:46 pm »
+1
Level 35

61 HP

24 Strength
21 Agility

1 IF
8 PS
5 Shield
7 Ath
5 WM

152 1hand

Decent HP, pretty sturdy shield, hits like a truck, runs fairly fast. Good luck buddy.

Not sure if he will make it to level 35. :wink: Besides that you should better max out your shieldskill instead of WM.

Offline BlackMilk

• Polearm Lover
  • Earl
  • Renown: 370
  • Infamy: 144
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: el_Banduri
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2012, 08:13:37 pm »
+2
Any information about the amount of extra damage you get from the 5 WM? I am sure it is quite small.

Edit: According to the Game mechanics mega thread 10 wpf equals 1,5% damage. 5 WM will give you about 35 additional points which means a little bit more than 5%. The additional strength will also give you more damage (1 damage per 5 strength). So you lose about 3% of damage with the 21/15 build. The small increase in attack speed won't really make a difference with the Military Cleaver because it is too slow already. I still prefer 3% more damage over 1 hit point.

15 agility should be enough for Military Cleaver if you use medium armor. It all depends on the equipment you are going to use. I still prefer having atleast 6 athletics.

7 PS 148 WPF - Military Cleaver
Minimum: 54
Average: 57.5
Maximum: 61

8 PS 110 WPF

No difference at all lol

taken from http://infinitum.dyndns.org/crpg/calc.htm

Offline Erzengel

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2012, 08:17:58 pm »
+1
7 PS 148 WPF - Military Cleaver

8 PS 110 WPF

No difference at all lol

taken from http://infinitum.dyndns.org/crpg/calc.htm

Now we have to ask which one is wrong. The game mechanics thread or the calculator. :mrgreen:

Both builds are good. I guess it is just personal preference. You could also go 24/15 and drop the IF for WM for maximum damage.

Offline Malaclypse

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2012, 08:20:24 pm »
+1
Not sure if he will make it to level 35. :wink: Besides that you should better max out your shieldskill instead of WM.

Yeah, probably not but... all the same, that build seems very solid and is one I'm considering.  The combo of 8 Powerstrike and 7 Athletics is silly deadly. Shield/WM changed to taste. I had 7 shield skill for awhile and it was awful, the thing hardly ever broke!

For a level 30 build, though, in seriousness, I'd recommend having at least 18 agi/6 ath with the cleaver, so either 18/21 or 21/18 (the difference between 6-7 PS with a 1-hand is pretty minimal, though, so I'd go with the former and get more movement speed).

24/18 @ 31 would be an awesome build (8 PS, 6 Shield, 6 Ath).

Whatever you do, as a shielder your core skills are Powerstrike, Athletics, and of course Shield. Ironflesh, WM, and anything else can be added based on your preference.

Now we have to ask which one is wrong. The game mechanics thread or the calculator. :mrgreen:

Use this calculator instead: http://alpha-lider19.ru/MB/

Offline Daniisme

• Baron
  • Renown: 80
  • Infamy: 66
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2012, 08:21:20 pm »
+1
I'm not 100% you know, now i'm with this nordic style but I will use the Clever so it demand other armor doesnt it  :mrgreen:

Offline Erzengel

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2012, 08:27:45 pm »
+1
Yeah, probably not but... all the same, that build seems very solid and is one I'm considering.  The combo of 8 Powerstrike and 7 Athletics is silly deadly. Shield/WM changed to taste. I had 7 shield skill for awhile and it was awful, the thing hardly ever broke!

For a level 30 build, though, in seriousness, I'd recommend having at least 18 agi/6 ath with the cleaver, so either 18/21 or 21/18 (the difference between 6-7 PS with a 1-hand is pretty minimal, though, so I'd go with the former and get more movement speed).

24/18 @ 31 would be an awesome build (8 PS, 6 Shield, 6 Ath).

Whatever you do, as a shielder your core skills are Powerstrike, Athletics, and of course Shield. Ironflesh, WM, and anything else can be added based on your preference.

Use this calculator instead: http://alpha-lider19.ru/MB/

This calculator gives me a little bit more damage for 24/18. But it is so small that you won't notice the difference. In this case I would also prefer 21/15 over 24/18.

Offline Daniisme

• Baron
  • Renown: 80
  • Infamy: 66
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2012, 08:58:04 pm »
+1
Fine fine I might use 18/18 or 21/15 but wich armor I should use with it?

I want to look pretty nice with the Clever  :mrgreen:

Offline Malaclypse

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2012, 09:18:19 pm »
+5
Fine fine I might use 18/18 or 21/15 but wich armor I should use with it?

I want to look pretty nice with the Clever  :mrgreen:

Well if you're using a fine Rhodok weapon like the Cleaver, you can't go wrong with a Ragged Outfit.

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2012, 12:31:42 am »
+1
Well if you're using a fine Rhodok weapon like the Cleaver, you can't go wrong with a Ragged Outfit.
Shameless biased plug for ragged outfit! :D
Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345

Offline Sandersson Jankins

• King
  • Renown: 1450
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA Apologists
  • Game nicks: fnord
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2012, 12:31:07 am »
+2
I use a 70 length MW flanged mace on my main. Level 31, 21/15 with some throwing. I do not tend to have a problem with closing the range, and my weapon is damned short. This could have something to do with fighting at least 2 enemies at once most times, heh.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2012, 01:05:48 am »
+5
I use a 70 length MW flanged mace on my main. Level 31, 21/15 with some throwing. I do not tend to have a problem with closing the range, and my weapon is damned short. This could have something to do with fighting at least 2 enemies at once most times, heh.

My experience if that most 1h above 80 reach are ok to use with any build. Under that you will start to feel seriously disadvantaged without a fairly agile build.

Offline SirProto

• Noble
  • Renown: 21
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
  • professional shot-misser
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: B0LT, pr0to
« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2012, 11:27:16 am »
+3
i thought everyone was talking about this cleaver:

I was so confused

(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)

Offline Inglorious

• Earl
  • Renown: 497
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • Courage is our shield
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Banana Republic / Chevaliers
  • Game nicks: IngloriouslyBad / Affordable Cavalry
« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2012, 10:00:31 pm »
+1
i thought everyone was talking about this cleaver:

I was so confused

(click to show/hide)

A bigger and more useful version of this magnificently horrifying looking weapon...?