Author Topic: NA Siege rule discussion  (Read 5382 times)

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
Re: NA Siege rule discussion
« Reply #45 on: November 18, 2012, 09:59:37 pm »
That is because we didn't have admins in siege until relatively recently.  Para definitely, 100% for sure, knew about and enforced that really commonsense rule from day 1.  Sometimes I wonder if you are actually retarded in real life.  Why do you have access to a computer?  I'm confused :(

sorry but I recall seeing KUTT use pikes thru doors on multiple occasions after you had admins.  Shouldnt throw stones in glass siege castle

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
« Reply #46 on: November 18, 2012, 10:03:44 pm »
+2
and while you admins are reading this, DEFINE UNREACHABLE.  Tavern keeper and several others are well known for bringing siege shields to get a 3ft boost up to areas you'd normally not be able to reach.  Including gate controls on certain maps, which means you are unable to use the controls while someone is standing on top of them....and have to bring a maul to kill a 13 shield skill alt to kill them and be able to use gate controls

if this is against the rules, clarify it and WRITE IT THERE,  instead of making shit up and interpreting rules on the fly

Offline Vieuxcrotter

• Knight
  • Renown: 47
  • Infamy: 118
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 19, 2012, 12:20:45 am »
Xeen i hope it make you sound intelligent calling other retards over the internet for bringing an important point, and you obviously trying very hard to protect your clan leader.

And as digglez mentioned Kutt is known to be massive pikes exploiter on siege just saying.

Offline Herr_Thomas

• Baron
  • Renown: 110
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Wolfgang
« Reply #48 on: November 19, 2012, 12:30:33 am »
+9
and you obviously trying very hard to protect your clan leader.

Oh man, that is just priceless.

(click to show/hide)

Edit: On topic; When it comes to stabbing through doors it is very simple.

OK

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

NOT OK

This has been my Understanding for as long as I can remember.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2012, 01:56:37 am by Herr_Thomas »

Oh, and style matters way more than anything else regarding armor.

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #49 on: November 19, 2012, 03:40:03 am »
+8
A quick rule of thumb. If you could have stabbed/slashed through/over/between it in RL, you can be 100% sure you can do it in this game.

If you could NOT have stabbed/shlashed through/over/between it in RL, it can go both ways.

If an admin says you are NOT allowed to do something: listen to them. if you belive they are wrong, still do what they say. Don't start discussing ingame. Don't ignore what they say. Come to the forums for that discussion.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Bronto

• Head NA admin
  • King
  • Renown: 1339
  • Infamy: 268
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 19, 2012, 02:23:35 pm »
Also, the mechanic even worse than the door stab, because it really doesn't happen too much with solid doors, is the stab over a wall. i know you've all seen this where a pike user stabs at the sky and brings the stab downward so it magically gets you on the next side of the wall even if the wall is taller than your character.

The guy above me is 100% correct and shall be +1'd as soon as i hit post.

Offline Xeen

• Baron
  • Renown: 84
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
« Reply #51 on: November 19, 2012, 04:15:44 pm »
+1
Oh, I forgot this was the crpg community.  It was assured that someone was going to accuse us of something I've literally never seen happen.  I've never once piked through a non-grated door and I don't ever recall seeing anyone else doing it.  Most importantly, Para enforces the rule about solid doors and certainly never did it himself when he piked.

Offline Malaclypse

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 146
  • In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 19, 2012, 06:05:36 pm »
+1
I definitely remember being salty about some KUTT guy piking/long spearing through a solid, closed gate (the winch variety, through which arrows/projectiles/non-ridiculous-reach-facehug-the-scene-to-poke objects cannot pass) at some point, but that was a number of months ago now.
You think you're pretty smart with your dago mustache and your greasy hair.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 19, 2012, 06:15:41 pm »
A quick rule of thumb. If you could have stabbed/slashed through/over/between it in RL, you can be 100% sure you can do it in this game.

If you could NOT have stabbed/shlashed through/over/between it in RL, it can go both ways.

If an admin says you are NOT allowed to do something: listen to them. if you belive they are wrong, still do what they say. Don't start discussing ingame. Don't ignore what they say. Come to the forums for that discussion.

Then realistically, nobody should be able to slash through any door. It doesn't make any sense. Stabbing in the holes is realistic, slashing never is.

Offline Tanken

• King
  • Renown: 1463
  • Infamy: 395
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tanken
« Reply #54 on: November 19, 2012, 06:16:40 pm »
I want official answer from legitimate admins about this new rule enforced on siege that you cannot attack thru door/gates, this include spears,throwing weapons,arrows,crossbow and all kind of weaponry.

This used to be a legit tactic as defender for several years in siege and now all suddenly new badmins administration are all butt hurt about the fact of seeing peoples using this legit tactic to defend castle when everyone know on siege that defense is slightly at a disadvantage and you gotta use all strategies possible to help you win.

Even clan KUTT was exclusively using this strategy including admins to defend castle at all cost.

So what is the official word on this freaking joke?

THIS HAPPENED 5 MONTHS AGO. GET OVER IT YOU KNAVE.

sorry but I recall seeing KUTT use pikes thru doors on multiple occasions after you had admins.  Shouldnt throw stones in glass siege castle

When? Are you talking about the time where your clan members tried to get me banned because I was stabbing them through a grated door (see Wolfgang's picture above). Our pikemen have done nothing illegal or exploited the pike ever (except for well, spin stabs are kind of an exploit). If someone was doing it, and we saw them, we quickly corrected them--but to label our whole clan as bad ducks or imply it was recent is absurd Diggles, so don't spread these lies.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2012, 06:27:57 pm by Tank Burner »
Below is a Collection of Finalists in my Design my Avatar contest -- They all did Awesome!
Thanks to all of those who contributed.

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #55 on: November 19, 2012, 06:29:57 pm »
Then realistically, nobody should be able to slash through any door. It doesn't make any sense. Stabbing in the holes is realistic, slashing never is.
I totally agree. Ban all the slashers.

Edit: forgot to mention. The rule of thumb only said that if you can do it in RL, then you are 100% allowed to do it ingame. if you can't (like slash through) then it can both be allowed or it can not. It can go both ways.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2012, 06:33:16 pm by Zapper »
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline oprah_winfrey

• Marshall
  • Renown: 808
  • Infamy: 196
  • cRPG Player
  • Now look under your seat...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: JABONRA
  • Game nicks: Egan
« Reply #56 on: November 19, 2012, 06:32:55 pm »
That is because we didn't have admins in siege until relatively recently.  Para definitely, 100% for sure, knew about and enforced that really commonsense rule from day 1.  Sometimes I wonder if you are actually retarded in real life.  Why do you have access to a computer?  I'm confused :(

Are you saying that people with mental retardation aren't aloud to use computers?

Offline Tanken

• King
  • Renown: 1463
  • Infamy: 395
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tanken
« Reply #57 on: November 19, 2012, 06:36:16 pm »
Are you saying that people with mental retardation aren't aloud to use computers?

No, we just recently allowed my brother to start using one.  8-)
Below is a Collection of Finalists in my Design my Avatar contest -- They all did Awesome!
Thanks to all of those who contributed.

Offline Elindor

• King
  • Renown: 1178
  • Infamy: 158
  • Caelitus mihi vires
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Order of the Holy Guard
  • Game nicks: Elindor
« Reply #58 on: November 19, 2012, 06:49:22 pm »
Since Bjord hasn't piped in yet ....

NA drama :rolleyes:
Elindor, Archon of the Holy Guard
Holy Guard Thread :HERE
Banner Shop : HERE // Map Thread : HERE

Offline Xeen

• Baron
  • Renown: 84
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 19, 2012, 10:22:00 pm »
I definitely remember being salty about some KUTT guy piking/long spearing through a solid, closed gate (the winch variety, through which arrows/projectiles/non-ridiculous-reach-facehug-the-scene-to-poke objects cannot pass) at some point, but that was a number of months ago now.

Hey man, I accept completely the possibility of it having happened at some point.  With as many members as we have and with PEOPLE LIKE TANKEN in the clan, I'd bet money that it HAS happened a few times(which isn't what we're really talking about here).  But out of my 16 gens of piking I never once even tried and I played more siege than any other kutt and it never happened on my watch.  To act like this was some sort of common occurrence as these guy are is fucking ridiculous, unless my whole clan just decided they'd break rules we all understood anytime I wasn't on and then NO ONE TOLD ME ABOUT IT, including the 10-ish real life friends I have in the clan that would have if it was actually something that was happening outside of extremely rare conditions with no oversight. 

Now I'm actually genuinely curious about how you were getting piked through a non-breakable door.  Like, why were you even there?  Did some guy just see you there and do it once?   Because that's hardly even notable, I know Slimpy got me through one ONE TIME and I certainly didn't make a fuss because hey, when am I ever just sitting in front of a non-breakable gate?