Author Topic: Political correctness and all that jazz  (Read 1906 times)

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
Political correctness and all that jazz
« on: November 16, 2012, 10:57:28 pm »
+3
so PC really and i mean really pisses me off. (all that jazz means anything that annoys me :D)

Feel free to unleash your rage on lots of random subjects here so we can all lol ^^

There are a few things in the papers last couple of days :D (UK)

1. The cabinet of parliament and leading companies should do more to get women into the top jobs! David cameron has been told to get his house in order!

not being funny but shouldn't the best person get the job regardless of sex? or should we promote women ahead of a more able male just so we don't seem sexist?

2. Immigration and young black crime (in london) . Dare to talk about these and your a racist!

On another note they are thinking about making dads army into a film! ofc lets turn the main character into a women because that makes sense!

Apparently your not allowed to point out to Americans or Brits on facebook that despite their hundreds of posts about servicemen defending our freedom it doesnt make it true ^^ in world war two yes, in the falklands yes. Iraq? no invading Iraq isnt defending my freedom and rights its extending our influence and power :D (not always a bad thing but not the same)

rant over :D (im english btw ^^)
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline Franke

• Earl
  • Renown: 384
  • Infamy: 23
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Franke_HRE and Frankes_STF_HRE
Re: Political correctness and all that jazz
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2012, 01:11:46 am »
The cabinet of parliament and leading companies should do more to get women into the top jobs

This is (at least kinda) funny as we have this discussion here in Germany, too. They are even talking about a quota to impose on companies by law...
Quote from: Tindel
In teamspeak i like to hear all of your opinions on; beer and alcohol, chocolate chip cookies, social problems and their solutions, massmurderers, why ranged should burn in hell, hating on new maps, hating on old maps.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Laufknoten

• Earl
  • Renown: 480
  • Infamy: 63
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
  • BOAT OF ANGER FLOATING ON THE SEA OF TEARS
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Felipe
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2012, 01:49:45 am »
Political correctness is just another way to intimidate and enslave the people. It basically has the effect, that people back off from addressing social wrongs and injustice. It means the same like "just say something "wrong" and you're done, we'll take your job and your social status and make you look like a big asshole!" 
Now the PC is biased. It's way easier to say something wrong as a white, christian, heterosexual man than for example a poor illiterate black immigrant woman, because as a "white, christian, heterosexual man" you and your ancestors are responisible for everything bad that ever happend on this planet. In some peoples mind at least... 

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2012, 02:07:33 am »
Political correctness is just another way to intimidate and enslave the people. It basically has the effect, that people back off from addressing social wrongs and injustice. It means the same like "just say something "wrong" and you're done, we'll take your job and your social status and make you look like a big asshole!" 
Now the PC is biased. It's way easier to say something wrong as a white, christian, heterosexual man than for example a poor illiterate black immigrant woman, because as a "white, christian, heterosexual man" you and your ancestors are responisible for everything bad that ever happend on this planet. In some peoples mind at least...

Women and minorities were literally enslaved for hundreds of years to the institution of the white man.  Affirmative action or "politically correct" sensibilities is a chance for a modern society to fix the mistakes of past generations and give everyone an equal chance.

All everyone wants is people to be treated based on merit and ability rather than status from birth.  How do you expect that to happen if women are still being paid less for the same jobs, or funding for public education/healthcare/social services are garbage for poor, minority-filled districts.
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline Laufknoten

• Earl
  • Renown: 480
  • Infamy: 63
  • BOAT OF ANGER FLOATING ON THE SEA OF TEARS
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Felipe
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2012, 02:23:14 am »
Women and minorities were literally enslaved for hundreds of years to the institution of the white man.  Affirmative action or "politically correct" sensibilities is a chance for a modern society to fix the mistakes of past generations and give everyone an equal chance.

All everyone wants is people to be treated based on merit and ability rather than status from birth.  How do you expect that to happen if women are still being paid less for the same jobs, or funding for public education/healthcare/social services are garbage for poor, minority-filled districts.
Okay Smoothrich, don't expect a reply now. I can tell that we have different opinions and believes, so let's just stay that way. I don't wanna get started because that would end in a dirty discussion and we got enough of them already.

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2012, 02:56:40 am »

Problem is it can easily become a bit stupid and swing the other way. I'm all for people being equal but when you can't describe someone as black but I'll call myself and others white...where does that make sense? My girlfriend is Indian, she's brown. I'm white. I work with a black Nigerian. All descriptive. Yes when you start using it as a racist insult that crosses the line but problem is people seem to think that kind of descriptive language in every day use is unacceptable when there's no malicious intent even there.

There was a recent case of a man being fired because he disagreed with gay marriages in churches and posted a comment about it on facebook or twitter (nothing offensive). Two lesbian women complained and he lost his job. Fortunately he took it to court and won but it demonstrates just how far the other way it can go.

Again if women stay in the job I'm happy for them to get equal pay but I can understand employers concerns when so many obviously have to leave jobs due to children. Of course this isn't always the case, and if they stay on they should be paid the same, but it's difficult because employing women can actually be a costly business for many companies. Fact is you have to cover them on maternity leave, pay their wages, find someone else to fill in who is willing for the 6 months whilst they are being paid to do no work (paying two people for 1 job) and then you have to welcome them back with open arms or if they like they can take those wages and just quit. But when it comes to things like fathers rights where the mother gets priority over the custody of children, leaving fathers out in the cold, there's little complaint except from those fathers who have been effected. Many women in this country seem to think that this is fair. Problem is there is a disparity both ways. Women may lose out in the work place (more so in specific occupations) but they gain in many other areas.

One of my fav tv examples of pcness is Modern Family. The two gay dads are trying to get their adopted asian baby into a preschool and they think they are guaranteed due to their diversity. But then a lesbian couple with a black child comes in and one of the mothers is disabled. It just highlights how ridiculous the system can be sometimes.

On another note they are thinking about making dads army into a film! ofc lets turn the main character into a women because that makes sense!

This is something which really hacks me off when they do this. It's like when the American's made a remake of the French film 'Taxi'. White, hetro, French dude get's turned into a black woman just because it's the US (Queen Latifah of all people) :|
« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 03:20:15 am by Overdriven »

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1922
  • Infamy: 1235
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2012, 03:14:29 am »
This again.. Can you keep your racist views for yourself, please?

And no, immigrants and people with different skin colour than you aren't responsible for your personal issues.

This post is directed to everyone who writes racist shit on these forums.

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2012, 03:16:50 am »
+1
Read the entire thread and I see no racist views  :|

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 415
  • Infamy: 787
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2012, 03:21:19 am »
I've been warned twice because of racism, but I've used it as a tool against people that annoyed me at that moment. However, that's not how I feel but can recognize when people mean it for real.

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2012, 10:35:00 am »
+1
sure but there are no racist posts? unless your one of those people who shout racism as soon as immigration comes up ^^.
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline Havoco

• Duke
  • Renown: 538
  • Infamy: 102
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Hospookfans
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller_Havoc
  • IRC nick: Havoco
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2012, 10:55:00 am »
Y'all racists!

(click to show/hide)
Pock gobblers

Offline Arathian

• Duke
  • Renown: 650
  • Infamy: 175
  • Pick it up you white ass cracka
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Frisians
  • Game nicks: Arathian, schizophrenic_axe_murderer
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2012, 01:43:38 pm »
+4
Women and minorities were literally enslaved for hundreds of years to the institution of the white man.

Really? I would love to explain that to the white European eunouchs that served in the harrems of the middle east. The fact is that up until the 14th century, the most common slave owners were Arabs who are not white (at least, by most definitions). In addition, black slave owners were extremely common. As a matter of fact, it still is today. Most slavery today (and it is common) occurs in African countries. Mauritania outlawed slavery just in the 1990's and it is still extremely common there. Or how about we find the ex slaves of north America? Those with some basic history knowledge will know that plenty of them (about 80% of the original population) were deported to what would soon be known as Liberia, a then US colony. These slaves did, as their first act, enslave the local black population and use the plantation methods they learned in the US (that had been abolished after the civil war) to make a profit. Slavery was not abolished until the 50's and the apartheid, one of the worst in the world, between "American" blacks and the "locals" didn't end until the 80's, when a "local" black was elected.....which resulted in 3 civil wars funded by the US....which resulted in today's utterly abhorrent situation in Liberia.

So, for MOST of history, white people were, in fact, not the majority of the slave owners. They, for sure, aren't today.

Affirmative action or "politically correct" sensibilities is a chance for a modern society to fix the mistakes of past generations and give everyone an equal chance.

I did not make any "mistake" in the past. In fact, since this is mostly a US thing, most Americans haven't either. That their grand-grand-fathers or, sometimes, even more than that, lived in a period with some segregational and, indeed, oppressive and racist laws, doesn't mean that their grand-grand children should compensate for the grand-grand children of people who were oppressed.

And, you know what? Let's accept your silly arguement and say "well, they were oppressed retroactively!". Good, so why are the ones who bear the cost of affirmative action the most East Asians? The numerical fact is that Chinese, who mostly came here as EXTREMELY poor essentially slave-labour, pay almost double to the cost of affirmative action than whites.. In fact, the Japanese faced one of the most massive discrimination campaigns in US history (yes, even worse than Jim Crow) during WW2 with the internment camps.

What does that mean? That the Chinese and Japanese aren't "human" enough? Maybe they aren't important enough as the precious precious black people you need to protect?

Or, to get back to whites, what about the Irish? Irish get to pay said shitty affirmative action programms as white Aglo-saxons. Did you know there was a massive slave trade of Irish? In fact, the late period slave trade traded more Irish than blacks. But hey, why bother about them? They were white and white people can't feel pain, right?

Since this is a big "fuck political correctness" thread, I will state my opinion, which is 100% not politically correct, I will never state it how it is in a non-internet debate, but I still think it is the truth.

The reason blacks and hispanics in the US are living shitty lives right now is not because their grandfathers were oppressed by "da man". The Chinese had the same and they progressed, sometimes within 1 generation. It is because black culture in general, and in the US specifically, is fucking shitty. It promotes thuggery, laziness. It is anti-intellectual, tribalistic and, indeed, extremely racist. Some of the most racist people you can meet in the US right now are not white, but probably black people living in bad neighbourhoods blaming everything on "crakas".

Gypsies in Europe have a similar situation. Their culture is as shitty as shitty gets. It is NOT genes because many "gypsies" intergrate into the European society and blend is as well as any other after they completely abandon their culture. But the ones that keep their culture "pure" (and many choose to) as seen as the worst scum, and rightfully so (for many reasons I won't go over here. Most that live in Europe know why). In fact, self-identifying gypsies that are intergrated are...well...non-existent. On the other hand, people with gypsy racial background are not that uncommon, even in the US.

All everyone wants is people to be treated based on merit and ability rather than status from birth.

So to have people treat people based on merit and ability rather than status from birth we should treat people based on status from birth rather than ability and merit cause liberal logic?

How do you expect that to happen if women are still being paid less for the same jobs

That is a disgusting feminist myth. I will provide a ton of citation on said myth in a below post to not over-saturate this post (that is already probably too long).

or funding for public education/healthcare/social services are garbage for poor, minority-filled districts.

Throwing money at a problem has fixed precicely nothing in the history of everything. Addressing the real issues, like the highly anti-intellectual stance of black and latino culture, would help more. But people like you would cry foul at such thing and would rather blame it on not enough "care", "money" or simply "racism" (whatever that means lately) rather than the elephant on the room.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 01:51:18 pm by Arathian »

Offline Arathian

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2012, 01:45:21 pm »
+4
CITATIONS FOR THE 72 CENTS FOR WOMEN PER DOLLAR FOR MEN EARNED BEING A FUCKING MYTH THAT NO ONE WITH HALF A BRAIN SHOULD LISTEN TO HERE

The “pay gap” is probably the most widely-cited example of supposed disadvantages faced by women today. It is also totally misleading, as it is only a snapshot of average yearly full-time incomes that does not account for overtime (about 90% male), type of work, or other non-discriminatory, voluntary factors.
The Department of Labor recently funded a study that proved this and found the pay gap is caused by choices, not discrimination.
http://www.consad.com/content/reports/Gender%20Wage%20Gap%20Final%20Report.pdf
Women work (44/56)x100=78% as much time as men. Kind of explains the gap by itself doesn't it?
The Gender Pay Gap is a Complete Myth
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505125_162-28246928/the-gender-pay-gap-is-a-complete-myth/
Gender pay gap is not what activists claim
http://wwww.examiner.com/x-22884-Canada-Politics-Examiner~y2010m2d22-Gender-pay-gap-is-not-what-activists-claim
Equal pay statistics are bogus because they don’t compare like with like
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/comment/columnists/vickiwoods/7957186/Sorry-ladies-Im-not-worried-about-wage-gaps.html
Fair Pay Isn’t Always Equal Pay
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/09/22/opinion/22Sommers.html?_r=1&hp
The Wage Gap Myth
http://www.americanthinker.com/2010/09/the_wage_gap_myth.html
Don’t Blame Discrimination for Gender Wage Gap
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-08-13/don-t-blame-discrimination-for-gender-wage-gap.html
The pay inequality myth: Women are more equal than you think
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qa3pKN3XUKM&feature=youtu.be
Women Now a Majority in American Workplaces
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/02/06/business/economy/06women.html?_r=2
Labor force participation rate for men has never been lower.
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/biggest-shock-fridays-payroll-report-sorry-men
Share of Men in Labor Force at All-Time Low
http://economix.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/09/07/share-of-men-in-labor-force-at-all-time-low/?src=recg
Men earn 52% LESS than women for part time jobs
How to get this graph yourself from the Bureau of Labor Statistics
Women In Tech Make More Money And Land Better Jobs Than Men
http://www.businessinsider.com/women-in-tech-make-more-money-and-land-better-jobs-than-men-2010-9
Female U.S. corporate directors out-earn men: study
www.reuters.com/article/domesticNews/idUSN0752118220071107?feedType=R
Female CEOs outearned men in 2009.
http://abcnews.go.com/print?id=10630664
Women between ages 21 and 30 working full-time made 117% of men's wages.
www.nytimes.com/2007/08/03/nyregion/03women.html?_r=1&oref=slogin
According to the U.S. Census Bureau, single women between 22 and 30 years old earn an average of $27,000 a year. That's 8% more than comparable men.
http://www.ksee24.com/news/local/Young-Women-Earn-More-159818705.html
Workplace Salaries: At Last, Women on Top
http://www.time.com/time/business/article/0,8599,2015274,00.html
Young Women's Pay Exceeds Male Peers
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704421104575463790770831192.html
The 15 Jobs Where Women Earn More Than Men
http://www.forbes.com/sites/jennagoudreau/2011/03/14/jobs-where-women-earn-more-than-men/
women aged between 22 and 29 earn over £10 per hour on average, compared to men their same age who earn just under this amount.
http://www.womenintechnology.co.uk/news/young-women-earn-more-than-men--news-800761492
Young women now earn more than men in UK
http://www.womensviewsonnews.org/2011/10/young-women-now-earn-more-than-men-in-uk/
The only chairwoman in the FTSE 100 index of biggest British companies, when asked about government efforts to force companies to make at least 25% of board member to be female said: "there's no real evidence to suggest women being on a board makes the companies any better – what we're doing here is forcing an experiment."
This was further supported in the book “Why Men Earn More" by Warren Farrell, Ph.D., examined 25 career/life choices men and women make (hours, commute times, etc.) that lead to men earning more and women having more balanced lives, and that showed how men in surveys prioritize money while women prioritize flexibility, shorter hours, shorter commutes, less physical risk and other factors conducive to their choice to be primary parents, an option men still largely don’t have. That is why never-married childless women outearn their male counterparts, and female corporate directors now outearn their male counterparts.
http://www.reuters.com/article/domesticNews/idUSN0752118220071107?feedTy
Farrell also lists dozens of careers, including fields of science, where women outearn men. Women simply have more options than men to be primary parents, and many of them exercise that option rather than work long, stressful hours. That is why 57% of female graduates of Stanford and Harvard left the workforce within 15 years of entry into the workforce.
http://edition.cnn.com/2005/BUSINESS/03/15/optout.revolution/
This is an option few men have (try being a single male and telling women on the first date that you want to stay home).
Blaming men for women’s choices is unfair. In fact research shows most men have no problem with their wives outearning them.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23413243
Research also shows most working dads would quit or take a pay cut to spend more time with kids if their spouses could support the family.
http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/Careers/06/13/dads.work/index.html
Research also shows that parents share workloads more when mothers allow men to be primary parents.
http://www.usatoday.com/news/health/2009-05-04-equal-parenting_N.htm
ABC News: “Is the Wage Gap Women’s Choice? Research Suggests Career Decisions, Not Sex Bias, Are at Root of Pay Disparity”
http://abcnews.go.com/2020/GiveMeABreak/story?id=797045&page=1&CMP=OTC-R
There is also the myth that women are kept out of certain more lucrative fields by sexism. The truth is that women stay away from math out of their own free choice
http://sify.com/news/women-stay-away-from-math-out-of-their-own-free-choice-news-scitech-kk1lubiiiee.html
Women In Science: No Discrimination, Says Cornell Study
http://www.science20.com/news_articles/women_science_no_discrimination_says_cornell_study-75984
Let’s be real about the lack of women in tech
http://www.businessinsider.com/lets-be-real-about-the-lack-of-women-in-tech-2010-10

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 02:25:36 pm by Arathian »

Offline BADPLAYER_old2

• Earl
  • Renown: 360
  • Infamy: 235
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Not a Bad player
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2012, 02:18:29 pm »
racism

Are you fucking retarded or do you not have an excuse for such bad opinions?

Offline Arathian

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2012, 02:28:53 pm »
+2
Are you fucking retarded or do you not have an excuse for such bad opinions?

Good god...did you even read what I wrote or did you just allow the indoctrination warning signs to kick in as soon as you read something that is even slightly honest?

Your response is everything that is wrong with modern society when it comes to these matters.

Edit: not to mention that

A) I never mentioned anything about race in relation to my arguements (except racial background for gypsies...which wasn't part of my arguement, but rather a side-note)

And

B) Everything that I mention is a citable fact. Facts are facts. They are neutral by the merit of being true. They are not liberal, conservative, racist or anti-racist. They might aid arguements of viewpoints but calling facts racist, as you did, is utterly fucking stupid.

The only "opinion" part in my response was about culture, which being culture is not about race making it, well, not fucking racist. You might argue that I have negative stereotypes about cultures, which would make me a bigot...but you probably can't even tell the difference.

Get a book.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 02:36:17 pm by Arathian »