Author Topic: Life is Feudal (now on Steam Greenlight!)  (Read 49840 times)

Offline Corwin

• Earl
  • Renown: 499
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Corwin_the_Lazy
Re: Life is Feudal (now on Steam Greenlight!)
« Reply #405 on: October 09, 2014, 09:36:41 am »
Can someone say something about combat system? Is it directional? Is it similar to Warband and cRPG? What about bows and arrows and horses? Spears?

If any of you has extra time one their hands, it would be great if someone would wrote short guide.
I mean, what have you got to lose? You know, you come from nothing, you're going back to nothing, what have you lost? Nothing!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Latvian

• King
  • Renown: 1494
  • Infamy: 379
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • с̴͎͖͈͟͠ͅу̷̸̻̣͇͚̫͎͇̩̟̖̪͇̯к̀́͠͞҉͎͚͎а̰̤͕̱͔̬͖̟̺͍͎́͞ ̸͝
    • View Profile
  • Faction: one and only DESERTERS
  • Game nicks: u know its me when you see me
« Reply #406 on: October 09, 2014, 10:10:33 am »
combat is pretty much like in warband , i didnt get to actual figting yet ( ask russians) but for me there was only 1 block dirrection, maybe u can learn fighting or something.Any ranged or horses are yet to be implemented ( although you can craft bows  hurr durr)
about guides google is your friend, my friend  :wink:

https://lifeisfeudal.com/billing/tutorials.php

http://lifeisfeudal.com/forum/guides-and-tutorials-f22/
people are like potatoes, they come in different shapes and sizes and they all are beautifull
masturbating while looking in a mirror isnt wrong unless its the rear view mirror and you are driving a school buss.

it doesnt matter if you are happiest person or an unfortunate weeper, a powerfull beast or a terrifying creature. we are all equal, in the eyes of the reaper.

Offline Vovka

• King
  • Renown: 1174
  • Infamy: 240
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Druzhina
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Vovka
  • IRC nick: Vovka
« Reply #407 on: October 10, 2014, 08:11:01 am »
+1
the battle system is still weak, "the real length" of weapons differs from the visual. I have a feeling that the impact on the collision with the body of the enemy checked one point weapons and not all of the weapons. Hit boxes apparently also not match with the body of the character. Crossbows OP and buggy you can instantly recharge by pressing button R (in/out battle mode) at the same time they deal 100 + dmg to full plated guy and 2h deal only 20-30 dmg to leather armor.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 10, 2014, 08:17:43 am by Vovka »

Offline Artyem

• King
  • Renown: 1218
  • Infamy: 264
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • SODOM Shaman
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul / Raven / SODOMY
  • Game nicks: Artyem
« Reply #408 on: October 10, 2014, 10:31:09 am »
the battle system is still weak, "the real length" of weapons differs from the visual. I have a feeling that the impact on the collision with the body of the enemy checked one point weapons and not all of the weapons. Hit boxes apparently also not match with the body of the character. Crossbows OP and buggy you can instantly recharge by pressing button R (in/out battle mode) at the same time they deal 100 + dmg to full plated guy and 2h deal only 20-30 dmg to leather armor.

Pretty much this, we finally got our hands on crossbows today and they do indeed instantly reload just by double tapping R.  Good times.

Also, pikes are incredibly over powered.  They take a little work to get used to, but once you get the hang of it, you'll be doing 20+ pierce damage per hit on people in full plate, almost always causes a bleeding wound as well.

Sordida asinum latronibus sumus

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
« Reply #409 on: October 10, 2014, 07:46:21 pm »

(click to show/hide)

Dat reputation.

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: October 10, 2014, 09:50:13 pm »
+1
(click to show/hide)

How is your wall of china today? I appreciate seeing really big minecraft-like project in a PVP environment :)

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #411 on: October 11, 2014, 12:18:38 am »
Dat reputation.
That's nothing compared to what he usually have :D

Nebun is satan himself when it comes to torturing others in that game!
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Vovka

• King
  • Renown: 1174
  • Infamy: 240
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Druzhina
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Vovka
  • IRC nick: Vovka
« Reply #412 on: October 11, 2014, 06:43:27 pm »
+3
How is your wall of china today? I appreciate seeing really big minecraft-like project in a PVP environment :)
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)

Offline GRANDMOM

• Marshall
  • Renown: 920
  • Infamy: 140
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GRANDMOM
« Reply #413 on: October 11, 2014, 07:57:56 pm »
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)

Wont it take alot of men to defend that wall? I have no clue as to how an attack would be done, but those walls would sure need alot of russians when defending :)

We're working on something cooler than a blog.

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: October 11, 2014, 10:53:02 pm »
I guess it acts as a repellent more than anything  :)
Are those kind of construction easily destroyed by a marauding band of similarly warlike druzhinas?  :D

Offline Latvian

• King
  • Renown: 1494
  • Infamy: 379
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • с̴͎͖͈͟͠ͅу̷̸̻̣͇͚̫͎͇̩̟̖̪͇̯к̀́͠͞҉͎͚͎а̰̤͕̱͔̬͖̟̺͍͎́͞ ̸͝
    • View Profile
  • Faction: one and only DESERTERS
  • Game nicks: u know its me when you see me
« Reply #415 on: October 12, 2014, 09:27:54 am »
+1
i once spawned in that server to take a look and i was in some farma and instantly 3 russian peasants came up to me  looked for 5 seconds and draw out their primitive tools but i quit before they did something nasty.
people are like potatoes, they come in different shapes and sizes and they all are beautifull
masturbating while looking in a mirror isnt wrong unless its the rear view mirror and you are driving a school buss.

it doesnt matter if you are happiest person or an unfortunate weeper, a powerfull beast or a terrifying creature. we are all equal, in the eyes of the reaper.

Offline Umbra

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Krems, Freak Army of Gnjus
  • Game nicks: Umbra
« Reply #416 on: October 12, 2014, 09:41:27 am »
+1
You should have asserted your domninance with )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) cyka

Offline Artyem

• King
  • SODOM Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: October 12, 2014, 10:03:16 am »
+7
Tried to take part in a 20 man siege which included three different forts against the GoT nerds from my last server update.  Unfortunately, animations aren't refined yet and the game is barely optimized, so getting any more than 10 people in the same area will instantly drop my performance.  I'll see if I can get some screenshots from the actual battle from one of my friends who could actually play during the fight.

We had to organize people from three different villages, once everybody got together we had roughly 20 (give or take one or two people) split between two units.  Currently there are no actual siege tools implemented, so the only way to get over a wall without exploiting or ruining their fort is to stack logs / barrels on top of each other to make a ladder of some kind.  We spent a good 20 minutes at our own base trying out different ways to stack logs up efficiently, and pretty much mastered the art of using just a few logs to make an effective ladder.

(click to show/hide)

Of course, all of that practice went out the window once the crossbow bolts started flying.  We had positioned a scout outside of their fort an hour before, and he had been giving us real time updates during the entire trip there.  The GoT nerds had 8 - 10 people in their fort, all of which were naked and unarmed.  They had no idea that they were about to get shit on, their leader actually said "we're basically allied with all of the major towns" about 30 minutes before three of the major towns attacked them at the same time.

Server rules required us to give a small warning before we actually started attacking.  We arrived outside of their fort and half of our men equipped hatchets and started chopping down trees to use for the ladder.  The GoT guys grabbed crossbows and started shooting at us, only three people got hit and none were killed.  Jamie Lannister himself was using the reload exploit to use his light crossbow as a machinegun and was standing on the walls in his full royal plate.  Our previously mentioned scout, managed to get a very lucky shot off and hit him in the knee for 36 piercing damage, basically crippling him and sending the Lannister leader into unconsciousness.

We scaled the walls and stripped him of his weapons and armor.  A few of the Lannisters tried to put up a fight, but they were cut down and the rest ended up combat logging.  Jamie Lannister woke up and managed to slip by us and ran into his house, where he locked himself and their best loot in for the rest of the siege.  At this point we had basically captured the entire base, so we built camp fires outside of his window and started taunting him.

(click to show/hide)

Jamie got pretty mad in the end, he bragged about beating us in the 3 vs 12 and proceeded to claim that they didn't lose anything of value (lol 200 rope and 10 locks.)

(click to show/hide)

edit: oh shit somebody streamed it:

http://www.twitch.tv/ret311/b/577275906

Offline Reykjavik

• Noble
  • Renown: 22
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
  • SODOM 9thPANZERDIVISION
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dragoni of Valahia
  • Game nicks: Reykjavik, Hoestefjes_The_Hestefot, Dat_Berge
« Reply #418 on: October 12, 2014, 10:14:48 am »
+2
Tried to take part in a 20 man siege which included three different forts against the GoT nerds from my last server update.  Unfortunately, animations aren't refined yet and the game is barely optimized, so getting any more than 10 people in the same area will instantly drop my performance.  I'll see if I can get some screenshots from the actual battle from one of my friends who could actually play during the fight.

We had to organize people from three different villages, once everybody got together we had roughly 20 (give or take one or two people) split between two units.  Currently there are no actual siege tools implemented, so the only way to get over a wall without exploiting or ruining their fort is to stack logs / barrels on top of each other to make a ladder of some kind.  We spent a good 20 minutes at our own base trying out different ways to stack logs up efficiently, and pretty much mastered the art of using just a few logs to make an effective ladder.

(click to show/hide)

Of course, all of that practice went out the window once the crossbow bolts started flying.  We had positioned a scout outside of their fort an hour before, and he had been giving us real time updates during the entire trip there.  The GoT nerds had 8 - 10 people in their fort, all of which were naked and unarmed.  They had no idea that they were about to get shit on, their leader actually said "we're basically allied with all of the major towns" about 30 minutes before three of the major towns attacked them at the same time.

Server rules required us to give a small warning before we actually started attacking.  We arrived outside of their fort and half of our men equipped hatchets and started chopping down trees to use for the ladder.  The GoT guys grabbed crossbows and started shooting at us, only three people got hit and none were killed.  Jamie Lannister himself was using the reload exploit to use his light crossbow as a machinegun and was standing on the walls in his full royal plate.  Our previously mentioned scout, managed to get a very lucky shot off and hit him in the knee for 36 piercing damage, basically crippling him and sending the Lannister leader into unconsciousness.

We scaled the walls and stripped him of his weapons and armor.  A few of the Lannisters tried to put up a fight, but they were cut down and the rest ended up combat logging.  Jamie Lannister woke up and managed to slip by us and ran into his house, where he locked himself and their best loot in for the rest of the siege.  At this point we had basically captured the entire base, so we built camp fires outside of his window and started taunting him.

(click to show/hide)

Jamie got pretty mad in the end, he bragged about beating us in the 3 vs 12 and proceeded to claim that they didn't lose anything of value (lol 200 rope and 10 locks.)

(click to show/hide)

edit: oh shit somebody streamed it:

http://www.twitch.tv/ret311/b/577275906

Here's a screenshot of their dear leader Jamie Lannister

(click to show/hide)
"Mike is the embodiment of 4chan in a bottle." - Larry The Magical Cheetah

Offline Artyem

• King
  • SODOM Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: October 12, 2014, 10:16:56 am »
Here's a screenshot of their dear leader Jamie Lannister

(click to show/hide)
Sorry, I forgot to mention that we ended up catching him and somehow placed his unconscious body over a camp fire.

He also said "lulz" a lot, reminds me of somebody from this game...