Author Topic: 2h swords  (Read 10804 times)

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2370
  • Infamy: 774
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
Re: 2h swords
« Reply #90 on: November 12, 2012, 08:23:07 pm »
That's why you use thrust and overhead when fighting in group.

Offline Dexxtaa

• King
  • Renown: 1268
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Remnant_Dexxtaa
« Reply #91 on: November 12, 2012, 08:58:17 pm »
+10
My generic build alt with a +3 heavy bastard sword does better on the ground than any other combination of weapons class and build thus far. As a proof of concept, I've gone ahead and started blatantly swinging my sword with utter disregard for what the other guy is doing and I still come out with a relatively easy kill.

Two handed swords, at this point, are pretty similar in effect to what they used to be prior to the two-handed animation "nerf." The most minute response and skill level is frankly all it takes to use a two handed weapon, in my opinion. The two handed animations reach out to a little shorter than most pole arm weapons (save the longest, two-directional only purist support pole arms), this defeating the purpose of using a pole arm weapon in the first place.

Also, fuck lightsaber wiggle, and fuck your drag across the screen super turn stab into people for maximum damage, because pole arms can't do it well, and neither should you.

edit; also fuck your point blank prison shank with a greatsword bs, and fuck you.
edit2; also fuck your stab-swing combo which is fucking stupid, because in no instance should you be able to successfully block a 2h attack THEN be rewarded by having to block again because shit fast speed.
Edit3; also fuck you
« Last Edit: November 13, 2012, 05:30:36 pm by Dexxtaa »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1408
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 12, 2012, 09:23:18 pm »
One more cut damage point and three more pierce damage on thrust and HBS will become the perfect weapon :mrgreen:

Offline Turkhammer

• Earl
  • Renown: 376
  • Infamy: 194
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 12, 2012, 09:33:56 pm »
2handers usually don't have a shield. but I generally agree with the rest.
and as for the devs: devs are just normal people, they have to sleep and eat and work. so that's that. also, they don't seem to be in favor of full realism, I was proposing something like that too, but you have to think of all the 2hander players right now who would be fucked if that's ever going to happen. it's certainly dangerous to change things that drastically. as I realized, this version of cRPG is not meant to be realistic.
Plus 1 Kajia.  Best summary I've read yet.

Offline Malaclypse

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 146
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 13, 2012, 12:10:32 am »
+3
No other class of melee weapons is as easy to do well with having only 1 proficiency.
You think you're pretty smart with your dago mustache and your greasy hair.

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 13, 2012, 02:06:26 am »
+1
My generic build alt with a +3 heavy bastard sword does better on the ground than any other combination of weapons class and build thus far. As a proof of concept, I've gone ahead and started blatantly swinging my sword with utter disregard for what the other guy is doing and I still come out with a relatively easy kill.

Two handed swords, at this point, are pretty similar in effect to what they used to be prior to the two-handed animation "nerf." The most minute response and skill level is frankly all it takes to use a two handed weapon at this point, in my opinion. The two handed animations reach out to a little shorter than most pole arm weapons (save the longest, two-directional only purist support pole arms).

Also, fuck lightsaber wiggle, and fuck your drag across the screen super turn stab into people for maximum damage, because pole arms can't do it well, and neither should you.

edit; also fuck your point blank prison shank with a greatsword bs, and fuck you.
edit2; also fuck your stab-swing combo which is fucking stupid, because in no instance should you be able to successfully block a 2h attack THEN be rewarded by having to block again because shit fast speed.

because full plate strength build with a champion cataphract and mw heavy lance with a mw 2 slot polearm on back is skill based
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline Dexxtaa

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 13, 2012, 05:11:13 am »
+9
because full plate strength build with a champion cataphract and mw heavy lance with a mw 2 slot polearm on back is skill based

Best class 2012

Also, it's a MW regular lance, because I've never really fancied the lack of ground utility of the heavy lance.

Besides, 2h get the super ground superiority crazy lolstab whirlwind fury stab swipe mecha anime battoru hyper power supersonic face stab 0cm drag on dragoon final fantasy colossus cross fade shot hurricane blast wind scroll death match cage rattler sonic boom zone ender attacks.

So I run them over.

Offline autobus

• OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 598
  • Infamy: 127
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bartering Brigade "Black Tea"
  • Game nicks: Autobus, Shushu, Samodur
  • IRC nick: Autobus
« Reply #97 on: November 13, 2012, 03:14:59 pm »
+12

Offline Count_RisArch

• Noble
  • Renown: 18
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • Keep on Rotting in the Free World...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Kalmar Union
  • Game nicks: RisArch
  • IRC nick: RisArch
« Reply #98 on: November 14, 2012, 12:42:11 am »
+7
I use 2h weapons, or at least have for 10 of my 11 gens. They're are several reasons for this, I shall list them, as follows.

1. When I first played c-rpg back in the scary pre-upkeep days I was new to multiplayer warband. I played 1h shielder and I found the amount of effort and swings required to down someone quite maddening. I then poodled off to native to learn how to rack up the k/ds the 2h pro's were getting, or at the very least kill something in less than 6 hits.

2. 2h are sexy. They look boss, no denying. Not to mention the "Cool" factor that big fucking swords have in popular culture. A choice between an elegant piece of sharpened steel handcrafted by a master sword smith for the sole purpose of war or a bit of wood with a common smithed axe head on top? Didn't take me long to chose.

3. They are easy to pick up and play with. Even I, using a heavy bastard sword on my second gen character did considerably better than I could have hoped. Competeing with the top tier players is not easy to pick up, however.

4. They have the best animations. Not in terms of there aesthetic beauty but taleworlds kind Of fluffed the extra reach you get on ALL directions of swing, compared to the other weapon types.

5. There is nothing more thrilling than an evenly matched 2h duel. This is my personal reason for staying 2h for so long, to me a good, hard fight against a well matched opponent or 2 is the reason I love Warband. Especially when you beat the long odds and walk away from an encounter with a top player or multiple players.

I concede that 2h combat is the most powerful and easiest to pick up. The most boring, definitely not, and if you aim to fight players you recognise as good or better than you are I find the mixture of footwork, manual blocking and the awesomeness of having 5ft of steel singing in your hands to be the crowing glory of the warband franchise.

My 2 pence anyways.

Tl:dr 2h are powerfull and easy for beginners to learn but are a lot of fun for experienced players too!
« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 02:28:44 am by Count_RisArch »
Name none of the fallen, for they stood in our place, and stand there still in each moment of our lives. Let my death hold no glory, and let me die forgotten and unknown. Let it not be said that I was one among the dead to accuse the living.
Imperial Historian Duiker

Offline Lange

• Baron
  • Renown: 128
  • Infamy: 36
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 21, 2012, 05:08:35 pm »
Tl:dr 2h are powerfull and easy for beginners to learn but are a lot of fun for experienced players too!
So WHEN will they be fucking nerfed?

Offline Artyem

• King
  • Renown: 1218
  • Infamy: 264
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • SODOM Shaman
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul / Raven / SODOMY
  • Game nicks: Artyem
« Reply #100 on: November 21, 2012, 07:30:51 pm »
As I've said in numerous essays and paragraphs on these forums, two handed swords are king of over powered right now and have yet to face the serious end of the nerf hammer.  The new 2h animation only plays well for them because it can be reared up and brought down almost instantly after they swing left.  It gets repetitive and the common two handed swing algorithm is pretty insipid, however that lightning fast instant stab that they hit you with from point blank with a three foot long sword is pretty fucking difficult to block considering they do it right after their last attack.

I again refer the readers of this thread to this:

http://forum.meleegaming.com/game-balance-discussion/a-suggestion-to-solve-2h-lolstab/msg517775/#msg517775

Sordida asinum latronibus sumus

Offline Trikipum

• Count
  • Renown: 155
  • Infamy: 50
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 21, 2012, 07:50:54 pm »
+3
even though i am terrible at melee i would rather use them than the simple sword and board easy mode

id rather die a death of being shitty in melee than hiding behind a shield
Wrong....just try it. Give a noob a 2h sword and give a a 1h and a shield to another noob... be sure the 2h noob will rip to pieces the 1h/shield noob... so what?.
"if you can't handle waiting a few minutes now and then, this game is not for you"

Offline Horst_Kurmoottaja

• Count
  • Renown: 163
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
  • Ei urhot kaukaisen Pohjolan uhan eessä taipuneet!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Deserter_Horst, Mamba_
« Reply #102 on: November 21, 2012, 09:19:29 pm »
This threat has mostly been load of steaming kakka! Thats all what i have to say about this.
Farewell my brother
Farewell my foe
May death embrace you
Your blood in the darkness flow
***PÖRKELE***

Offline Dexxtaa

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 21, 2012, 10:11:08 pm »
+1
This threat has mostly been load of steaming kakka! Thats all what i have to say about this.

Threat??! What threat !?

Who dares threaten our sovereignty !?

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 21, 2012, 10:36:13 pm »
+1
2h is simply put the most versatile weapon out there. Range, speed, powa. It kills spamingninjas, murders groups and lolstabs cav to death. There is your awnser.

I might go to 1h and for the first time eva put my 2h in the corner. It simply bores me now and ive never been much of a pole/cav/archer type of person.