Author Topic: Why cheat?  (Read 16817 times)

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
Re: Why cheat?
« Reply #210 on: November 09, 2012, 11:41:42 am »
Not really, I always enjoyed fighting against you in cRPG. I just can't take any of your protests of innocence (even of other people) seriously. You've shown your word can't be trusted.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 583
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • De oppresso liber et plus ultra.
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: November 09, 2012, 11:43:38 am »
I have a question, do you have something personal to me?

Like a lockett of hair or a small brooch
I don't know enough

Offline Armpit_Sweat

• High Lord of the Spam
  • King
  • Renown: 1417
  • Infamy: 154
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Armpit_Sweat, My_horses_name_is_Rebecca
« Reply #212 on: November 09, 2012, 11:58:01 am »
+4
  Spam at The Temple of Spam

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • Renown: 1761
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigåde
  • Game nicks: KuoiN, Ziath
  • IRC nick: Simply Kuoin
« Reply #213 on: November 09, 2012, 11:59:11 am »
Thanks Armpit, now I know how Bambi died

Offline KingBread

• Earl
  • Renown: 445
  • Infamy: 42
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen
  • Game nicks: KingBread
« Reply #214 on: November 09, 2012, 12:10:22 pm »
+2
Lol Blind guy

you CHOOSE TO PLAY CRPG  but you didn't CHOOSE to drive a CAR becouse you didn't CHOOSE THIS LIFE ? dafuq is this logic.

Sry for random capitalization but i want it to be in simmilar style :)

Oberyn It took time to accept and recognize the fault.

Good for you.

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: November 09, 2012, 12:45:45 pm »
Lol Blind guy

you CHOOSE TO PLAY CRPG  but you didn't CHOOSE to drive a CAR becouse you didn't CHOOSE THIS LIFE ? dafuq is this logic.

Sry for random capitalization but i want it to be in simmilar style :)

Good for you.
First, if my use of caps seems random to you, you should read again, and then maybe listen to some people speak English, and listen to their emphasis, and then maybe google emphasis so you know what I'm typing about XD

Now, I will break it down so you can follow mmmkay?

When you make an assumption, you have made a leap from what you KNOW into what you suppose. You suppose that when I wrote drive, I meant a car. I don't currently own a car, yet I do drive places, so I will let your mind have another shot.

So, you believe that taking two lines of text out of context can show I am illogical: Not at all my friend, not at all, I will waste some time (day off from work is nice) and put you in your place. I'm kidding, I am not so vain as you that I think I can guess at anyone's circumstances by merely reading some forum spam:

I don't drive by choice but by nescessity: The nature of humanity is that competition favours the fastest and most effective: To be more effective at my job, and therefor get payed more, and therefor have more leasure time to type shit like this to you, I chose to drive. I could rely on public transport, but since it's cost is infact greater over an extended period, and it is much less convenient because of the distances I have to travel, it would put me at such a disadvantage that I would have to literally dedicate en entire day to travel to locations that I can reach in just a few hours by driving there myself. Admitedly, maybe I would work slightly more efficiently without having the fatigue of many hours concentration at the wheel, but I really do believe the time saved on travel more than makes up the reduced efficiency while at the job. Also, I have a short attention span, and a good memory for plot, so the added cost of entertaining myself on public transport (Books etc) would need to be calculated, but since already without that expense I have deemed public transport less efficient, this would be simply another nail it its coffin.

I didn't chose to have to work for a living, but unfortunatly, even though I did recommend it several times, no state is currently willing to keep me in luxury merely for the pleasure of my company. More is the pitty. So, having to work, I want to get payed as much as I can for my time. But we live in an unfair and competetive world, and since having a motor vehicle gives me an advatage in that I can look for better work further from my home, I use that advantage. It would be silly not to. This is an unfair advantage over those who have not planned ahead enough to have this luxury, but, since we are NOT on a fair playing field, screw 'em. I wish them luck of course, and I will never pull someone down to advance myself, but I am not going to ride the fucking buss just because they have shit insurance history and cannot afford to insure their motor. k?

Now, if we were to try to compare that to cRPG... I really don't see how we can. It's a game that is balanced around fairness for all, obviously there are more and less effective ways to play, but they are down to personal choice. It is a competitive game, but unlike real life: IRL we all compete with each other, but our actual opponent is poverty. The further we are from poverty, the more succesful we seem. In crpg we compete against each other, but our opponent IS each other. To have an unfair advantage in cRPG REALLY is unfair: In time, thru hard work and saving a bit, anyone can get a vehicle. No amount of time grinding will allow me to be as efficient as a multiaccounter on strat, will it? I don't think so. The only way to try to transpose the idea to RL would be: I have a car, you dont, I then run you over with my car so you CANNOT compete with me.

So Kinnbread, you typed some bullshit that meant nothing, I typed some bullshit that meant nothing, but my bull is a superior breed and produces a much more entertaining and sensical shit.

EDIT: Fixed some typographical fails.

« Last Edit: November 09, 2012, 01:09:08 pm by BlindGuy »
I don't know enough

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • Renown: 1761
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigåde
  • Game nicks: KuoiN, Ziath
  • IRC nick: Simply Kuoin
« Reply #216 on: November 09, 2012, 01:02:06 pm »
+2
Blindguy, you are an idiot ...

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: November 09, 2012, 01:05:54 pm »
Blindguy, you are an idiot ...

From yourself, that is high praise indeed! I thank you for your kind words. Please, please, again!
I don't know enough

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #218 on: November 09, 2012, 01:09:21 pm »
+1
(click to show/hide)
tl;dr (your bull may be superior but if it produces an amount of bullshit that is too much to handle, you gain nothing from having the superiority.)
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: November 09, 2012, 01:14:25 pm »

tl;dr (your bull may be superior but if it produces an amount of bullshit that is too much to handle, you gain nothing from having the superiority.)

How can you have typed that about my bullshit after having typed TL:DR....could it be maybe you were being dishonest? Also, why does EVERYONE think they are a psychic? How the fuck do you KNOW how much bullshit I can handle? For all you know, I have a fucking JCB to dispose of bullshit. Dont make assumptions. 25 years ago a wiser man than you or I said to me "The conclusion you jump to may be your own". I don't know if he thought that up or if he stole it off someone yet wiser than him, but it is still very true. Have a think about it before making any more assumptions. Also, stop letting Gnjus dictate to you what to type. He is muted and should take that time to evaluate what he writes, not make you spam in his place.
I don't know enough

Offline Molly

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: November 09, 2012, 01:21:31 pm »
How can you have typed that about my bullshit after having typed TL:DR....could it be maybe you were being dishonest? Also, why does EVERYONE think they are a psychic? How the fuck do you KNOW how much bullshit I can handle? For all you know, I have a fucking JCB to dispose of bullshit. Dont make assumptions. 25 years ago a wiser man than you or I said to me "The conclusion you jump to may be your own". I don't know if he thought that up or if he stole it off someone yet wiser than him, but it is still very true. Have a think about it before making any more assumptions. Also, stop letting Gnjus dictate to you what to type. He is muted and should take that time to evaluate what he writes, not make you spam in his place.
Now you made the assumption that I questioned your capability to handle bullshit when I was actually thinking about the majority of this forum.
Yes, I actually read that pamphlet and I am still trying to convince myself that it was time worth taken... nonetheless I was dishonest with my "tl;dr"-statement but my dishonesty was merely a handle to make my point about the concentration-span that is with the regular forum-user.
We have now 2 options to evaluate: Either your concentration-span isn't much to talk about since you seem to forget about your wise-man and his great wisedom already after typing - you know, the thing with assumptions and the lot - or you can't handle too much bullshit and you're still occupied with the little dispute we're having in the Templol-Faction Hall.

Which one is it?

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: November 09, 2012, 01:26:42 pm »
As I wrote above, yeah I have a short attention span. We're not having a dispute in Templol thread, as far as I'm aware, just like we are not having a dispute here: I'm reading silly things and typing flippant things right back. I didn't assume anything about anyone's ability to handle anything, it's my bull, my bullshit, noone else has to deal with it, when they see a nice pageload of it, they can merely scroll past. The shit may still be there but noone forced them to read it. Back to you.

Actually scratch that: I'm gonna go get drunk for a few hours, this thread needs redirecting back to it's innitial rail:

Them fucking cheaters, WHY DO THEY CHEAT? Discuss

edit: had to quickly add this: Kuoin, your life is REALLY so empty you trawl thru forums finding all posts by whoever hurt your bumbum today and giving them -1? Im actually sitting alone chuckling right this second thinking about the futility of mankind in general. Damn I love this crosssection we have of the species, if I was a social scientist the insights I could gleam from it would undoubtedly make me famous XD
Im gonna spend an hour later finding all Kuoin posts and giving them +1 to see what his reaction will be.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2012, 01:30:55 pm by BlindGuy »
I don't know enough

Offline Molly

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: November 09, 2012, 01:30:11 pm »
I'd call it a dispute but in a manner worth of Gentlemen. There is nothing wrong with that as far as I am concerned.

Though I have to admit that this might not be the right place for it and probably neither is the Templol thread. So, I just gonna jump onto your train after it re-railed...

BAN HE - THEM DAMN CHEATERS!

Aunt Edith says...

...damn Ninja-Edits.

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • Renown: 1328
  • Infamy: 1109
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: November 09, 2012, 01:30:33 pm »
+1
BlindGuy, this topic is about cheaters, not self-absorbed, stuck-up britmy old friends who seem to think themselves above everyone else. :wink:

Even though you stated that in your post, you still made a big fuzz, prancing around like a horny baboon.
When you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares back.

Offline Molly

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: November 09, 2012, 01:31:40 pm »
BlindGuy, this topic is about cheaters, not self-absorbed, stuck-up britmy old friends who seem to think themselves above everyone else. :wink:
As I have just learned, he is from Spain.