Author Topic: Why cheat?  (Read 16844 times)

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
Re: Why cheat?
« Reply #165 on: November 08, 2012, 03:38:24 pm »
if chadz bans members of my clan who cheat then that's fine with me :) doesn't mean im going to throw a hissy fit and rage quit the game because he didn't ban every single cheater ever ^^
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline Swaggart

• Earl
  • Renown: 481
  • Infamy: 92
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: November 08, 2012, 03:41:23 pm »
+1
So.. the reason for cheating in online games is life being hard and shit...

In that case, please explain me why we Yugos aren't cheating in cRPG?

Because cars can't play c-rpg.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

See? No arms to fight with.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1632
  • Infamy: 2961
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: November 08, 2012, 03:58:06 pm »
Oh, we would have banned if we would have had proper logs. We saw that it was done, but couldn't know exactly who did it.

Those that did can consider themselves lucky in this case. Wasn't just templars ofc.

i guess i missed all the parts where we had plate god damn :(. I would be fine with banning dupers as i wasn't one of them :D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Divide_and_rule

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
« Reply #168 on: November 08, 2012, 03:59:36 pm »
not 100% sure what that has to do with anything :D
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: November 08, 2012, 04:27:55 pm »
+6
We should ban whole clans more frequently. Some wonderful artwork seems to be produced that way.

I can't stop thinking about Павел Андреевич Чехов when I look at the leftmost guy.

Offline Rebelyell

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 398
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Bobby
  • IRC nick: boobby
« Reply #170 on: November 08, 2012, 05:07:57 pm »
We should ban whole clans more frequently. Some wonderful artwork seems to be produced that way.

I can't stop thinking about Павел Андреевич Чехов when I look at the leftmost guy.
yea thats true really nice art work

Hey, I just met you,
And this is crazy,
You just killed me
Nerf you maybe?

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #171 on: November 08, 2012, 05:18:46 pm »
As far as I know there were no clan-wide bans issued. Even the most affected clan, Vendetta, still has a couple of guys who did not share or access other's accounts in Strat. It's just boohoo we are poor victims bullshit from the clans that shared accounts as a matter of policy as if they had no idea it was against the rules for multiple Strat versions now. They'd rather pretend they are persecuted martyrs than take any sort of responsability.

Offline ryanwilson140

• Knight
  • Renown: 42
  • Infamy: 11
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Templar_Alpha, Templar_Omega_
  • IRC nick: Templar_Alpha
« Reply #172 on: November 08, 2012, 05:59:23 pm »
I believe this so called cheat, was a bug and we were one of the first to report the bug. We have this evidence Grellenort, but you didnt come out and say you were multi accounting. Like we did when we got the bug so 1 potato at you good SIR!

Offline T_Grellenort

• Baron
  • Renown: 91
  • Infamy: 31
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Teutonic Order/ Union
« Reply #173 on: November 08, 2012, 06:07:50 pm »
Any sort of responsibility? Globally banned for all suspected not enough for this?

yea thats true really nice art work
Tnx.
(click to show/hide)

Offline ryanwilson140

• Knight
  • Renown: 42
  • Infamy: 11
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Templar_Alpha, Templar_Omega_
  • IRC nick: Templar_Alpha
« Reply #174 on: November 08, 2012, 06:15:17 pm »
Potato?  :?

Offline Rebelyell

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 398
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Templar_Bobby
  • IRC nick: boobby
« Reply #175 on: November 08, 2012, 06:21:41 pm »
Any sort of responsibility? Globally banned for all suspected not enough for this?
Tnx.
you got ban in crpg to?
« Last Edit: November 08, 2012, 06:36:34 pm by Rebelyell »

Hey, I just met you,
And this is crazy,
You just killed me
Nerf you maybe?

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 583
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • De oppresso liber et plus ultra.
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: November 08, 2012, 07:36:57 pm »
+2
Anyone not having any issues playing in night time is a cheater.
Tweaking graphics and monitor settings is indeed cheating.

I totally agree with this tbh, that and the facts that you can: Use any custon textures you want for ANYTHING, from the crosshair, to brightly coloured arrows, invisible trees/bushes, light at night, transparant walls, turn off fog, and anything else u can think of. This disgusts me, cause I have watched some ppl's videos and screenshots with these additions/subtractions and it does make a different game. An ugly, easy, horrible game. I would fucking ADORE the mod who would open a line of communication with punkbuster and get their support. At least in games that have punkbuster, all custom content is a ban. I really do feel this way. Play the EXACT same game as everyone else or GTFO, there is NO reason to use ANY custom content in crpg EXCEPT because you gain an unfair advantage.

In my view using custom content is LITERALLY no different to autoblocking. Infact, it's worse, because while autoblockers do occasionally get busted, nothing will happen to those who use visual content, and the massive % of players who have a feint macro bound to their mouse buttons. These ppl need banning, they cheat, there are no 2 ways about it.

TO THOSE WRITING ABOUT COMPARISSONS TO REAL LIFE MENTALITIES: Real life is NOT a game: Its not played by any rules, its not played fair, it is not balanced, and noone who is not a simpleton or a outright liar believes for a second that is supposed to be fair, or that anyone but a tiny % of ppl get to chose their role in it. I cheat in real life all that I can: I dont pay tax when I can avoid it, I drive to the speed that I judge is safe on the road at that moment, reguardless of the speed posted. I dont pay my TV Liscence, or anything else I can avoid, WHY? because I do not agree with the way the country I am in is run. But unfortunatly, I am not buddha: I like fastfood, fast internet, fast cars and fast women. These things simply do not excist in the few remaining lawless places on earth. But also: I did NOT chose to be born at this time, I am just trying to survive and make the best of a shit system.

BUT THERE IS NO COMPARRISON to cheating in games: YOU CHOSE to buy warband. YOU CHOSE to download cRPG. You CHOOSE to stick around: IF YOU DONT LIKE THE FUCKING RULES JUST FUCK OFF, noone begged you to come and definitly noone is asking you to stay. We play games by rules because its a way to enjoy fair competition in a world that is NOT run fairly. It actually makes me feel sick when I try to understand why you make a choice to play a game where the majority strive for balance, and make a conscious descision to disrespect EVERYONE else who plays.
I don't know enough

Offline Segd

• Marshall
  • Renown: 845
  • Infamy: 88
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: November 08, 2012, 07:57:24 pm »

I totally agree with this tbh, that and the facts that you can: Use any custon textures you want for ANYTHING, from the crosshair, to brightly coloured arrows, invisible trees/bushes, light at night, transparant walls, turn off fog, and anything else u can think of. This disgusts me, cause I have watched some ppl's videos and screenshots with these additions/subtractions and it does make a different game. An ugly, easy, horrible game. I would fucking ADORE the mod who would open a line of communication with punkbuster and get their support. At least in games that have punkbuster, all custom content is a ban. I really do feel this way. Play the EXACT same game as everyone else or GTFO, there is NO reason to use ANY custom content in crpg EXCEPT because you gain an unfair advantage.
True dat. Btw, Devs could use launcher to check game files(like they do with banners right now).
But there would be no more free personal banners, "More Metal Sounds", "New Heirloom Models", alternative crosshairs, custom UIs or some "polished landscapes".

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #178 on: November 08, 2012, 07:59:02 pm »
+2
Let me adress some of the criticisms that have been evied against my clan and its actions in strat 3, and my opinions on what has been said.

I do not condone cheating or the exploitation of bugs, the duplication of items was something which i was not informed of until after the event and i sought to ensure that it was not used in strategus by my faction.  Unfortunately when time goes by the argument that the devs / admins will take appropriate action gets lessened by those who see and opportunity to gain an advantage.  Eventually needs overcame wants and the equipment and gold was used.

I do not deny that there were duped equipment and gold, at the time i was made aware of it the bug had been reported to the dev/admin team and the ill gotten gains were stored upon one person.  We expected the devs to take some action against this but obviously that was beyond their powers. This entailed a problem for me, the bug was fixed but the gear remained.  I challenge you to find any serious strategus player, who when faced with war and holding a horde of gear and gold which could be used to fight the superior enemy would turn his noes up at it.  I'm sure some of the white knights of this community will say so, but most of them do not speak from a position of experience the same as ours.

The bug was discovered by chance, and not intentionally exploited to gain an advantage, one it had been discovered it was reported.  Please try and keep some clarity between people who multi account and intentionally cheat and those who discover a bug and report it. Lets be fair guys, the 'tons of duped plate' probably came no where near in value to that which was generated by the advantage of micro managing entire factions and multi accounting.

Furthermore I'd like to point out that multi accounting has been a problem in every single iteration of strategus, bug abuse was a one time actions and is hardly IMO comparable in its implications  Please don't try and smear my clan, sure the use of bugged equipment and gold is wrong, none of our members would deny that.  I wouldn't say it was less wrong that multi accounting, but i would say the extent of your abuse of the game far outweighs anyone else's in strategus. Your behaviour and that of some of your allies has been a disgrace to the community and I'm glad to see the back of your shitty attitudes to fair play and your cheating arses.

tl;dr - Union behaved completely inappropriately over several strategus, multi accounting was condoned by their faction and some of their allies. Intentional bug abuse was not a feature of my faction, we immediately sought to redress the bug but others (in my faction and our allies) saw it as an opportunity.  I believe it is unfair to compare the two.
Turtles

Offline T_Grellenort

• Baron
  • Renown: 91
  • Infamy: 31
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Teutonic Order/ Union
« Reply #179 on: November 08, 2012, 08:01:16 pm »
you got ban in crpg to?
Yes, but np.