Author Topic: Why cheat?  (Read 16869 times)

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
Re: Why cheat?
« Reply #75 on: November 06, 2012, 01:57:02 pm »
+8
I see.

Well I have no love for Greys, they ignored the warnings and I think they're the head of the snake, or rather the biggest head. I was still talking about Union in that post, but yeah I was being vague when I meant to refer to Union as "them".

UIF cheaters according to Segd:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

They're almost proud of it too. Cut down one multi/shared account and 2 more will rise up in it's place.

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • Renown: 1328
  • Infamy: 1109
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 06, 2012, 02:05:11 pm »
Segd has a different perspective on all of this. Cheaters cheat because it is possible to do so in his eyes. It is the dev's fault for creating a system where it is easy to do so. He basically just comes right out and says Yes we are multiaccounting and sharing accounts and lying about it when confronted, only way to make us confess is when we get caught, and we will continue to do so as long as it is possible. Apparently justified in his eyes because "but but everyone does it!!".

That sort of attitude makes me want to stop playing Strategus, to be honest. What's the point in playing if the only way you can beat others is to cheat more than them?

Sigh.

Question: Are Russians, Polish, whatevers raised to cheat? It's not even a stereotype anymore, it's solid fact. Almost any game with a notable Russian/Polish presence there is always some friction between other European gamers. I have not a clue as to why…

UIF cheaters according to Segd:

They're almost proud of it too. Cut down one multi/shared account and 2 more will rise up in it's place.

I suggest DRZ to change their banner motif to this. :wink:

(click to show/hide)
When you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares back.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 06, 2012, 02:49:33 pm »
+1
Question: Are Russians, Polish, whatevers raised to cheat? It's not even a stereotype anymore, it's solid fact. Almost any game with a notable Russian/Polish presence there is always some friction between other European gamers. I have not a clue as to why…

Thomek said he studied in Poland, and had to go through quite a lot of that kind of mentality. It is possible that the act of cheating is less of a problem depending on the culture you grew in. Much like what Chinese companies do would let one think they don't really value intellectual property. I would understand how taking as much from the system as possible would be a side effect of the USSR's domination back in the cold war.

Btw, this is abusive generalisation.

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 06, 2012, 02:56:14 pm »
I would understand how taking as much from the system as possible would be a side effect of the USSR's domination back in the cold war.

Cold war and before that 123 years of being under occupation. Two centuries of fighting against occupants, with short period of freedom between I and II WW, fucked up our mentality, hard to deny. I'm a Pole btw.

Offline KingBread

• Earl
  • Renown: 445
  • Infamy: 42
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen
  • Game nicks: KingBread
« Reply #79 on: November 06, 2012, 03:03:32 pm »
+10
Is this AGAIN time when i should point on all POLISH CRPG players that are not cheating?

But sad part is that "take everything from the system if it is possible" could be post-communistic heritage some polish people have.

I think it have something in common with right-wing mentality  there are poor US and rich stealing from us THEY. Everytime you can cheat THEM (f.e on taxes) is good for you becouse THEY STEAL from you everyday.

Not many people in Poland knows why they even pay taxes for and you can hear "so PRIME MINISTER CAN RIDE HIS CAR"

(click to show/hide)

But i thought it's not only polish problem :)

Offline Nazurdin

• Earl
  • Renown: 309
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Holy Roman Empire
  • Game nicks: Faridah_HRE, Rotkappchen_HRE, Frida_von_Krems
« Reply #80 on: November 06, 2012, 03:12:09 pm »
Well, there is a saying in Russia "Не наебёшь - не проживешь", which is loosely translates as "You don't cheat - you won't survive".

Offline rufio

• Marshall
  • Renown: 995
  • Infamy: 483
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • QQ
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Rufio_pleaser_of_widows, LeLouche_LampeRouge, Quenya_Favourite_of_Rufio
« Reply #81 on: November 06, 2012, 03:15:59 pm »
+4
one may ask why somany swe seem to be pompus and stuck up  :rolleyes:
swe swe swe swe???

i dunno but in each game ive played most of them are : :D

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 06, 2012, 03:24:45 pm »
Cold war and before that 123 years of being under occupation. Two centuries of fighting against occupants, with short period of freedom between I and II WW, fucked up our mentality, hard to deny. I'm a Pole btw.
Our history is quite similar, except that we have been under occupation for a far longer time. I wouldn't say that we have an issue with cheating. We have other problems though :F

Offline Segd

• Marshall
  • Renown: 845
  • Infamy: 88
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 06, 2012, 03:29:59 pm »
+1
Segd has a different perspective on all of this. Cheaters cheat because it is possible to do so in his eyes. It is the dev's fault for creating a system where it is easy to do so. He basically just comes right out and says Yes we are multiaccounting and sharing accounts and lying about it when confronted, only way to make us confess is when we get caught, and we will continue to do so as long as it is possible. Apparently justified in his eyes because "but but everyone does it!!".
1)Yes
2)Yes
3)Not "easy to do", but "reasons to do"(another char on strat battles & better management for faction)
4)Only 1 DRZ guy is banned. Check bans board. There are a lot of multiacc bans, not just UIF. You could cry, you could quit but multiacc will be in game forever until there are reasons to use second keys. Change the Strat system to eliminate all benefits from second cd-keys & problem will be solved. Thats my point.
5)Liar. I never justified multiacc. I just saying that you will never ban all mualtiaccs. I fucking tired to repeat this.  :?

Question: Are Russians, Polish, whatevers raised to cheat? It's not even a stereotype anymore, it's solid fact.
This is racist!  :wink: So are u trying to say that all slavs would cheat & exploit at every possibility we have? I think you should kick Dave, Cupid & other cheaters from your clan before it is too late. Btw, even Nocti is compromised since Turks are not better than slavs(Remember Kapikulu_Abey with 20 cd-keys  :twisted: ).
Alpha should set this SB & PB heretics in the desert on fire as well  :rolleyes:

Offline chadz

• The lazy
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 3188
  • Infamy: 724
  • Sir Black King A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: irc://
  • IRC nick: chadz
« Reply #84 on: November 06, 2012, 03:34:32 pm »
+17
Change the Strat system to eliminate all benefits from second cd-keys & problem will be solved. Thats my point.

The only solution for that would be to make the game grind, not tactics based. And I don't like that at all.

There is no way to keep the game tactical and remove multi account benefits.
Even the strategus tick thing was abused by multi accounters by letting them be caravans where you need no strategus ticks.

That's why we will keep banning people instead of letting cheaters compromise the game and force us to take it into a direction we don't want.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 06, 2012, 03:35:10 pm »
+3
Is this AGAIN time when i should point on all POLISH CRPG players that are not cheating?

But sad part is that "take everything from the system if it is possible" could be post-communistic heritage some polish people have.

I think it have something in common with right-wing mentality  there are poor US and rich stealing from us THEY. Everytime you can cheat THEM (f.e on taxes) is good for you becouse THEY STEAL from you everyday.

Not many people in Poland knows why they even pay taxes for and you can hear "so PRIME MINISTER CAN RIDE HIS CAR"

(click to show/hide)

But i thought it's not only polish problem :)

I think this is spot on. When people live under corrupt authorities, it's natural to start assuming all authorities are corrupt. And when authorities are corrupt, or when you think they are, there's no reason being honest with them.

Offline KingBread

• Earl
  • Renown: 445
  • Infamy: 42
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen
  • Game nicks: KingBread
« Reply #86 on: November 06, 2012, 03:36:45 pm »
+4

4)Only 1 DRZ guy is banned.

This is one positive result of 1st warnings. DRZ somehow managed to stop this.

So Segd the issue in my opinion is not destroy all multi accounts in universe. But stop famous/top/most important players to do this. As you can see it works fine with DRZ since you guys avoided banwave (or you put this on higher lvl  but we have no proof for this so lets stay positive). Make Vovka obey rules and all will obey. Make Harpag not obey rules and most Greys will not.

Nobody will have their experience destroyed if there will be few random people using multi accounts, but leaders of biggest clans around can destroy whole sense of strategus.

Offline Emotion

• Earl
  • Renown: 360
  • Infamy: 145
  • pls
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Friends with Benefits
  • Game nicks: Noodles
  • IRC nick: Noodles
« Reply #87 on: November 06, 2012, 03:45:35 pm »
+6
Being a cheater allows for a TON of IRL pussy. Bitchez come over and be all like let me see yo haxz0r skillz, then you whip out them aim hacks and wall bots and bitchez be all like on that dick and shit yo.

(click to show/hide)
Quote from: Testicleez
Noodles (Nibbles): One of my top dawgs. A godly c-rpg player and a chill ass muhfucka'. He's supposed to be adopting me once he gets married. One day I'll get him to order me a pizza… One day.

Offline Segd

• Marshall
  • Renown: 845
  • Infamy: 88
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 06, 2012, 03:46:27 pm »
The only solution for that would be to make the game grind, not tactics based. And I don't like that at all.

There is no way to keep the game tactical and remove multi account benefits.
Even the strategus tick thing was abused by multi accounters by letting them be caravans where you need no strategus ticks.

That's why we will keep banning people instead of letting cheaters compromise the game and force us to take it into a direction we don't want.
Something like that should help a bit:
http://forum.meleegaming.com/strategus-general-discussion/no-moving-when-you-have-no-strat-ticks/msg638258/#msg638258
http://forum.meleegaming.com/diplomacy/poll-most-used-word-phrase-today/msg645801/#msg645801
But yes, need to grind more :(

At least allowing Alts on strat battles would help a lot without a serious harm to current gameplay.

Well, there is a saying in Russia "Не наебёшь - не проживешь", which is loosely translates as "You don't cheat - you won't survive".
"Строгость российских законов смягчается необязательностью их исполнения" The severity of Russian laws is countermanded by the lack of obligation to implement them.

Offline Kuujis

• Count
  • Renown: 298
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Midreek_HRE
« Reply #89 on: November 06, 2012, 03:46:52 pm »
+1
<...>
<...>

Its not black and white, but there is a problem with the mentality of the suppressed, which manifests itself with any and all attempts to work AROUND the rules. This ranges from tax avoidance and black market in RL to cheating in game... And sadly yes, this is part of the legacy of the USSR occupation in the past, some more occupations before that in some cases AND on top of that - current state of affairs. It's just something, that takes time to change... The generations have to die out, which grew up in this hellhole. Then again - its not black and white. There are guys who do no cheat, even though their fellow countrymen do and one can't go about burning everyone on the stake just for the sins of a few... This is where stereotypes come in.

Funny story about my trip to Italy once... I saw few cars obeying speed limits in the mountains (like limit is 30km/h, everyone is going 60 :) ). Then I see this one car, which IS obeying the limit... We finally stop together at one stop for a nice view of the valey and I instantly ask them (after saying Hi :) ) - "Are you german?", to which they reply - "Why... Yes indeed! Is it the nose, that betrayed us?", to which I reply - "I know only one country in europe which is notorious for obbey speed limits like this". We all had a good laught about this, but this is something that relates to cheating too...

Generally in EU the rules are set BY the people FOR the people and absolute majority agree, that this is good and the rules need to be obeyed. In Eastern Europe (my country notwithstanding) the "rules are set by THEM to suppress US, thus FUK THEM with THEIR rules, I shall do whatever I like and try not to be caught".  :rolleyes: