Author Topic: I want to become a good pikeman. [HELP]  (Read 2816 times)

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
Re: I want to become a good pikeman. [HELP]
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2012, 06:43:19 pm »
dont even block just backpedal and spam instant stabs that interrupt any other attack with 10000 speed on a 1000 reach weapon because this mod is shit
Way to troll the Beginner's Help and Guides section (the one place you are not supposed to), GTFO.

You actually do want to block, and well-timed thrusts are much better then just spamming the attack, just watch any good pikeman.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2012, 07:30:18 pm »
+1
Way to troll the Beginner's Help and Guides section (the one place you are not supposed to), GTFO.

You actually do want to block, and well-timed thrusts are much better then just spamming the attack, just watch any good pikeman.

wear heavy armor and spam thrust attacks at anyone within 1000 range of you while backpedaling and doing nothing else, just ask this guys buddy fallen_oohiliac. 

don't forget that your polearm thrust is an instant attack, faster than anything else in the game even scimitars and picks.  so just spam at anyone and you will interrupt their attacks and win in any situation.  if you lose its because you didn't backpedal enough or you didn't have enough STR
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • Renown: 1761
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigåde
  • Game nicks: KuoiN, Ziath
  • IRC nick: Simply Kuoin
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2012, 07:32:42 pm »
+4
Get a kuyak, you'll see that you skills becomes far superior all of a sudden.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2012, 07:42:24 pm »
wear heavy armor and spam thrust attacks at anyone within 1000 range of you while backpedaling and doing nothing else, just ask this guys buddy fallen_oohiliac. 

don't forget that your polearm thrust is an instant attack, faster than anything else in the game even scimitars and picks.  so just spam at anyone and you will interrupt their attacks and win in any situation.  if you lose its because you didn't backpedal enough or you didn't have enough STR

Hill is an AGI build not a STR build, and he does a lot more then just spam and backpedal  :rolleyes:
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Vodner

• Duke
  • Renown: 526
  • Infamy: 73
  • cRPG Player
  • SaulCanner
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: SaulCanner
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2012, 08:40:37 pm »
+1
Given a decent team (or really just a small group of good players in TS with you), it's pretty easy to rack up huge scores as a pikeman. Go 21/18, max out your polearm proficiency (to help reduce thrust stun; alternatively stick 80-100 wpf in 1h as a sidearm), and just stick with players you know.

Stab people who aren't downblocking. Stab horses. Try not to stab teammates.

Offline MR_FISTA

• Baron
  • Renown: 97
  • Infamy: 81
  • Prepare your angus
    • View Profile
  • Faction: SoW
  • Game nicks: SoW_MR_FISTA_the_Retribution
  • IRC nick: SoW_MR_FISTA
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2012, 09:21:22 pm »
Just ask Slimpyman if you see him on NA siege, he's the best pikeman in CRPG.

Ask Artiethestrongestmanintheworld about the epic kill he recieved from slimpy and that sums up how awesome pikemen can be.

Offline Tore

• Item Manager
  • Renown: 882
  • Infamy: 329
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2012, 10:03:35 pm »
Id suggest 18/24 6 PS 8 ath rest in IF. The ath will realy help you get distance :)