Author Topic: Uninstall time?  (Read 8004 times)

Offline BranStark

• Knight
  • Renown: 40
  • Infamy: 13
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: BranStark_Astralis
Re: Uninstall time?
« Reply #105 on: November 02, 2012, 01:17:46 am »
+1
Good, go play CoD or BF 3. We dont want your kind here.

Offline Spleen

• Earl
  • Renown: 310
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • But I am already in my pyjamas...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Spleen
  • IRC nick: Spleeno
« Reply #106 on: November 02, 2012, 03:11:50 pm »
+10
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Mogh

• Knight
  • Renown: 46
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Oso, Manannan, Monkeybutt
« Reply #107 on: November 02, 2012, 03:18:20 pm »
Lol

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #108 on: November 02, 2012, 07:14:23 pm »
+2
So give archers some sort of respecc so that they can adapt to this change. I think it will be a good change as it makes them unable to kite but makes them hit harder. IMO it sounds like a good fix for kiting but apparently people hate it :o People leaving the game because they can pewpew anymore are crazy and imo playing for all the wrong reasons, well i can understand if you are level 33 or 34 and your build is totally ruined, but devs will probably fix that sooner or later.

I love this patch, less archers is always a good thing in my book, but it also seems that there are more xbows hmm..
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
« Reply #109 on: November 02, 2012, 08:09:52 pm »
I mean.. shouldn't be THAT many archers over lvl 33.

Perhaps one could make an application-type thing, where 33+ archers could apply for a respec. It would be some manual work on part of Meow?, but not insurmountable work.

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline Storulven

• Noble
  • Renown: 24
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 02, 2012, 08:13:50 pm »
+4
I mean.. shouldn't be THAT many archers over lvl 33.

Perhaps one could make an application-type thing, where 33+ archers could apply for a respec. It would be some manual work on part of Meow?, but not insurmountable work.

Or maybe everyone should just be a bit patient. The "ath reduces wpf" seems to get reverted in the next patch.

Offline Pejlaen

• Count
  • Renown: 297
  • Infamy: 74
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Pejlaen
« Reply #111 on: November 02, 2012, 08:22:24 pm »
+1
Already retired, and so far I do not regret it :P
skilled individuals, putting them together can create a very deadly and effective team.

The bow, it represents, that a skilled archer can pick a mighty man at arms off from a distance.

Offline Uumdi

• Duke
  • Renown: 651
  • Infamy: 59
  • Ready to Die
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Uumdi_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: Uumdi
« Reply #112 on: November 02, 2012, 08:37:32 pm »
+6

I recently went back to settle on longbow archer too.  After 2 respecs (at a low level, thankfully), I've settled on still giving myself athletics and a balanced build, hoping the dust from the min/max focus will settle and appropriate fixes will be made.  We have heard that the athletics nerf will be reverted next patch.  A lot of people are left sitting around with less motivation to play, and people are demanding respecs, which is understandable.

I'm with you though man.  Mostly infantry and cav.  After 9+ gens of english bill, I praised the spin nerf because it made perfect sense.  Whether they affected us negatively or not they made sense.  I'm right there with you on this one though.  Athletics is already an investment.  You're trading power for speed. 

Like that chinese player so eloquently put it, "Strongbow archers to attack the premise and running archers guarantee of life. The archers to abandon the heavy armor, to give up the melee weapons.  Now have to give up running, that Archer what is left? Balance of the game, not by weakening a career that can be achieved."

Brings a tear to my eye, m8

Its refreshing to see strength archer builds be considered viable.  24-39 strength archers should have a place, as the only problem before was the power draw penalty was too high to warrant it.  Increased draw time and missile speed is an excellent motivation to play strength and be less mobile, on top of the added damage.  Just removing the wpf penalty on PD entirely would fix it, leaving athletics out of the picture.

Ten shots of prayers, ten shots a day
A shot of thrill to hide the pain.
They can`t win, they just don`t cry,
The troopers know they live to die.

Offline Bazinga

• Count
  • Renown: 181
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Bazigna
« Reply #113 on: November 02, 2012, 09:38:30 pm »
As a first gen Long Spear (former Pike, if some of you remember) user, I had to adjust my build countless times due to changes and I don't feel any pity for archers. I even had to quit the Long Spear, because I didn't have any fun with it anymore.

I do think that Hybrids, such as the build in the first post, should be still viable. Just because they are very rare and somewhat unique.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #114 on: November 02, 2012, 10:08:29 pm »
+2
As a first gen Long Spear (former Pike, if some of you remember) user, I had to adjust my build countless times due to changes and I don't feel any pity for archers. I even had to quit the Long Spear, because I didn't have any fun with it anymore.

I do think that Hybrids, such as the build in the first post, should be still viable. Just because they are very rare and somewhat unique.

Since it's rumored that the athletics lower archery WPF will be reverted in the next patch, this is a moot point really....BUT...

They never changed anything that would have affected your ability to pickup a long spear and use it.  They fucked over some archer builds with this athletics lowers WPF update, who already had "final builds" in place.  They couldn't just adapt because they could no longer use their weapon, they had to respec (and if they were smart/lucky, they held out hope for a revert of the nerf, or a free respec).

That would be like PT having no penalty to your throwing WPF, and then in a patch they implement the throwing penalty to WPF based on PT.  People haven't built their characters to adapt for this, so it's pretty unreasonable to expect people who've been playing the game for 2 years (and potentially leveling up 1 character that whole time) to just bite the bullet.  Unless you want to alienate your most loyal players, but I'm guessing that the dev's never intended to do so.

Just really makes me question how the balance process happens, is there any brainstorming as to potential consequences to massive gameplay changes such as the athletics lowers archery WPF?  Just gotta scratch my head and wonder.  And like I've said, maybe that is a good solution for kiting archers (which I don't even think is a problem), but if so, you should probably allow a respec for archer builds, or people over a certain level, etc.  Be reasonable is really all that the players are asking. 
« Last Edit: November 02, 2012, 10:13:00 pm by CrazyCracka420 »
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Meow

• Awesome Consulting Detective
  • King
  • Renown: 1071
  • Infamy: 150
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 02, 2012, 10:11:42 pm »
+6
Pretty sure it was said on irc yesterday that this whole ath thing was gonna be removed next patch and there will be a different approach to the whole kiting thing.
So do not respec.

Offline Tennenoth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 818
  • Infamy: 85
  • "Bloody peasant archers!"
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Head)
  • Game nicks: Guard_Tenne; Guard_The_Biscuits; Guard_Bugden; Guard_Tennenuff
  • IRC nick: Tennenoth
« Reply #116 on: November 02, 2012, 10:16:48 pm »
+3
Pretty sure it was said on irc yesterday that this whole ath thing was gonna be removed next patch and there will be a different approach to the whole kiting thing.
So do not respec.

No one believes me.  :lol: Glad you're putting paw power behind it.

BullDog Clan member since 31/08/2010 / Caravan Guild member since 03/08/2010

How to understand what I say.
Always finish your tea and biscuits regardless of how terrible they are

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #117 on: November 03, 2012, 02:44:38 pm »
No one believes me.  :lol: Glad you're putting paw power behind it.
Global Moderater and Admin. Why would they listen to you?

Le sigh.

Thank God that they listen to the Epic Consulting Detective Chairman, though.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia