Author Topic: Is archery bugged atm?  (Read 19297 times)

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • Renown: 1226
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Companions
  • Game nicks: Joker86_TP
Re: Is archery bugged atm?
« Reply #195 on: November 02, 2012, 08:24:53 am »
However I wouldn't be surprised if there was an increase to the weight of arrows shortly following though. It fixes the problem and I believe it's a reasonable compromise for not murdering our builds!

If this is true, then those are great news! Shows a good amount of reasonability of the devs.

:D
Joker makes a very good point.
î saved for eternety (without context  :mrgreen:)

Offline Adalwulf

• Count
  • Renown: 169
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Adalwulf
« Reply #196 on: November 02, 2012, 09:16:19 am »
+4
Can they at least revert the archery nerf till they come to a decision . I mean come on...many of us would like to play our classes :O

Offline Juhanius

• Legendary Engraver
  • Count
  • Renown: 261
  • Infamy: 26
  • "I always hated crossbows, take too long to load!"
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Juhanius, Stormy_Repairs
« Reply #197 on: November 02, 2012, 10:20:40 am »
Why not respec all characters for free. Everyone would have opportunity to make changes. IS it too much work? :rolleyes:

Offline Haboe

• King
  • Renown: 1090
  • Infamy: 331
  • Born with a shield on my back. Difficult birth.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Haboe
« Reply #198 on: November 02, 2012, 10:24:59 am »
+1
Why not respec all characters for free. Everyone would have opportunity to make changes. IS it too much work? :rolleyes:

What about all the players that paid like 2 mil to buy the training from the auction?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Juhanius

• Legendary Engraver
  • Count
  • Renown: 261
  • Infamy: 26
  • "I always hated crossbows, take too long to load!"
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Juhanius, Stormy_Repairs
« Reply #199 on: November 02, 2012, 10:45:20 am »
What about all the players that paid like 2 mil to buy the training from the auction?
...people who have money to buy training must be the 1% or lotto winners. Bad day for them.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: November 02, 2012, 10:56:03 am »
+1

Sorry, I wanted that too when my bec transformed into a short version of a pick. I wanted that too when my heavy lance lost 4p on thrust and like 20 speed. I wanted that too when my favorite horse got it's riding requirement increased by 2, losing speed and maneuver in the process. I wanted that too when my sword stabs became a suicide button. I wanted that too when people became able to swing and shoot through my shield. I wanted that too when riding stopped giving non-negligible bonuses. I wanted that too when all armors above medium became unacceptable to play with. And I'm sure one could go on like that for any character.

Guess what, a respec never happened for these reasons. And eventually some of these changes were reverted back from the realm of madness (most did not though).

Offline Tennenoth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 818
  • Infamy: 85
  • "Bloody peasant archers!"
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Head)
  • Game nicks: Guard_Tenne; Guard_The_Biscuits; Guard_Bugden; Guard_Tennenuff
  • IRC nick: Tennenoth
« Reply #201 on: November 02, 2012, 11:05:22 am »
Can they at least revert the archery nerf till they come to a decision . I mean come on...many of us would like to play our classes :O

When I wrote:

Quote from: Shik
<Shik> ath nerf reverted for next patch
However I wouldn't be surprised if there was an increase to the weight of arrows shortly following though. It fixes the problem and I believe it's a reasonable compromise for not murdering our builds! :)

Thank you Shik, we'll hold you to your word, even if "The Italian" finds out.

A bit of behind the scenes as well:

Quote from: Meow
<Meow> we call him the italion stallion
<Meow> or il duce

I wasn't joking, there is no need to respec or anything else.

BullDog Clan member since 31/08/2010 / Caravan Guild member since 03/08/2010

How to understand what I say.
Always finish your tea and biscuits regardless of how terrible they are

Offline Iymore

• Baron
  • Renown: 140
  • Infamy: 104
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Balamir
« Reply #202 on: November 02, 2012, 11:42:30 am »
When I wrote:
However I wouldn't be surprised if there was an increase to the weight of arrows shortly following though. It fixes the problem and I believe it's a reasonable compromise for not murdering our builds! :)

Thank you Shik, we'll hold you to your word, even if "The Italian" finds out.

A bit of behind the scenes as well:

I wasn't joking, there is no need to respec or anything else.
i respeced to 13pd archer yesterday  :cry:

Offline Fips

• King
  • Renown: 1217
  • Infamy: 290
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Holy Roman Empire
  • Game nicks: Fips_HRE
« Reply #203 on: November 02, 2012, 12:08:32 pm »
+1

Well, that's just plain stupid.  :P

Offline Iymore

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: November 02, 2012, 12:10:59 pm »
Well, that's just plain stupid.  :P
yeah but 13pd archery is super accurate

Offline oguzergin

• Noble
  • Renown: 22
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Antarians
  • Game nicks: ANT_OguzErgin
« Reply #205 on: November 02, 2012, 12:12:02 pm »
Still waiting for the devs to take a step back.

I experimented with some STF characters (killed chadz at DTV to be specific to cope with rage). The archers will be totally stationary with the new settings. If there will be no going back (which I still hope will happen), you must give us a free respec. There is no way I'm respec'ing from 48M exp. It took me ages to get here. I could retire 6 times instead of trying to get a level. Now if I retire you give me just 3 loom points and just 1 generation instead of 6 looms and 6 gens. We are in this bad situation where our loyalty to mod is penalized.

Also, about this kiting whining: most of the time archers are taken out by other archers. If an archer can't move fast he will be an easy target. I don't think this ath nerf will make you happy with my 9 or 10 PD together with +3 MW horbow and +3 bodkins.

Just give me a free respec and I'll call it a deal and move on to POWER drawing directly to your asses.

Offline Fips

• King
  • Renown: 1217
  • Infamy: 290
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Holy Roman Empire
  • Game nicks: Fips_HRE
« Reply #206 on: November 02, 2012, 12:16:40 pm »
+2
yeah but 13pd archery is super accurate
Right now, but that'll change. 13pd-pinpoint 2 shooting everybody were probably not the intention of this patch.

Offline Uumdi

• Duke
  • Renown: 651
  • Infamy: 59
  • Ready to Die
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Uumdi_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: Uumdi
« Reply #207 on: November 02, 2012, 12:28:33 pm »
+4
After playing and experiencing how archery is right now, I strongly suggest a revert, or a reworking of what affects archery.  I can't find where the formula was posted originally, but Tears laid it out in another thread:

(click to show/hide)

9 --- 96.556640625
13 Power Draw - 0.3804931640625

I hope this isn't intended.  Tried and true, sure enough a 13 PD archer can fire pin point accurate, with incredible missile speed, and can hold the drawn arrow for 1.5-2 seconds before the reticle begins to waver.  I understand the drawback is that they can't move much.  But look at the 27 strength archer.  Very strength heavy still, Loses the most wpf by an incredible 92 points.  And this is in addition to athletics lowering it further.  There is no reason for any agility at all, as they are forbidden from athletics, and Weaponmaster is rendered entirely useless.

How about just make Power draw strictly buff damage?  *cough* don't crucify me for this, but was kiting really that big a deal?  Agi archers were killable.  Druzhina's low-to-no athletics archers were already a powerhouse, and an inspiration to the playerbase that there was room for archers who didn't want to aggrovate people on the battle servers.  Weaponmaster should be getting some love - archers were the only ones who truly needed it.

If its a bug, and this isn't its intended state, that's good to know.  I was hype about this patch, but I'm already getting a stomach ache from complaining about the archery changes.  Balanced builds should be encouraged.  I was going to do 18/21 hybrid or 18/24 pure archer for strat, but I don't want to touch my main until there's a hotfix.  What's the word on the street?  I already "made the mistake" of getting 3 athletics.  Maybe anything over 3 should begin to affect wpf.  This change is drastic enough to deserve documentation - even in the simplest form.

Wait, I herd they gettn rid of that athletics nerf nex patch

Rad.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2012, 12:37:36 pm by Uumdi »

Ten shots of prayers, ten shots a day
A shot of thrill to hide the pain.
They can`t win, they just don`t cry,
The troopers know they live to die.

Offline Tennenoth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 818
  • Infamy: 85
  • "Bloody peasant archers!"
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Head)
  • Game nicks: Guard_Tenne; Guard_The_Biscuits; Guard_Bugden; Guard_Tennenuff
  • IRC nick: Tennenoth
« Reply #208 on: November 02, 2012, 02:03:39 pm »

That was mighty silly of you, when people shout "Don't respec straight after the patches", it's because they know changes are bound to happen. I'm not sure I understand why anyone in their right mind would think that it was intentional to make 13 PD super accurate and high damage... It was already said that it was a PD miscalculation which was being changed from 15*PD-1.5^PD to 14*PD-1.4^PD (therefore 13 PD would have a 102.6 wpf reduction).

I can't say much more than that, but with this change I would say that 13PD is very inefficient. 10PD being the maximum useful due to the +4 above bow requirement limit, so your damage increase would be capped at PD*14% so +140% of bow & arrow damage along with however much wpf you can put in. With 13PD after this change you'll be looking at having a reduction to roughly 8.5PD on wpf reduction but you could get more wpf back if you just invested it into agility and weapon master.

Anyway, don't respec straight away, wait a couple of days for things to be sorted out and tweaked, chances are there will be more errors or things that'll be adjusted so don't make the mistake again! :)

BullDog Clan member since 31/08/2010 / Caravan Guild member since 03/08/2010

How to understand what I say.
Always finish your tea and biscuits regardless of how terrible they are

Offline Iymore

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: November 02, 2012, 02:14:12 pm »
That was mighty silly of you, when people shout "Don't respec straight after the patches", it's because they know changes are bound to happen. I'm not sure I understand why anyone in their right mind would think that it was intentional to make 13 PD super accurate and high damage... It was already said that it was a PD miscalculation which was being changed from 15*PD-1.5^PD to 14*PD-1.4^PD (therefore 13 PD would have a 102.6 wpf reduction).

I can't say much more than that, but with this change I would say that 13PD is very inefficient. 10PD being the maximum useful due to the +4 above bow requirement limit, so your damage increase would be capped at PD*14% so +140% of bow & arrow damage along with however much wpf you can put in. With 13PD after this change you'll be looking at having a reduction to roughly 8.5PD on wpf reduction but you could get more wpf back if you just invested it into agility and weapon master.

Anyway, don't respec straight away, wait a couple of days for things to be sorted out and tweaked, chances are there will be more errors or things that'll be adjusted so don't make the mistake again! :)
why they are waiting then? i will respec again and be a xbowman fuck archery