Author Topic: Is archery bugged atm?  (Read 19304 times)

Offline Sagar

• Earl
  • Renown: 463
  • Infamy: 279
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bogumili
  • Game nicks: Sagar
  • IRC nick: Sagar
Re: Is archery bugged atm?
« Reply #30 on: October 31, 2012, 12:13:28 pm »
Next patch - higher riding, reducing wpf. So next thing is a horse archers on Sumpter horse.
Devs shod tell comunyty is this a final, so archers over 30 lvl can make respec for new builds.

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 31, 2012, 12:26:19 pm »
waitting for free respec.
Good luck, but... ehm, have you ever seen free respec in cRPG? I'm not an archer but partial free respec - possibility to remove skill points from ATH and put them somewhere else - would be fair move  :rolleyes:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline karasu

• King
  • Renown: 1751
  • Infamy: 316
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • D̶͎̳͒́͗͋ẹ͕̲̠̳̄̃͂ͤ͑ͮṃ̮͎̗̦̏̿͊ͤi̥̪̼͕ͦ̀̊̐ȗ̘rͩ͋̅̊gͭ̿̋
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 31, 2012, 12:34:06 pm »
+9
It's a beta mod, you can't expect a free respecc every time something changes. Over 24 gens I had to respecc several times, specially on lvl 32 and 33.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Andswaru

• Duke
  • Renown: 554
  • Infamy: 130
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • SeaRaider_
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen of Fenada / SeaRaiders
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Andswaru
« Reply #33 on: October 31, 2012, 12:35:15 pm »
Smooth is the admin NA deserves. Not being that much better, EU deserves Thomek.
[18:25] <@chadz> soon(tm)

Offline Corsair831

• King
  • Renown: 1168
  • Infamy: 616
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 31, 2012, 12:47:36 pm »
+10
yeah tbh archers are gay, i think everyone that uses 2h and kuyak should absorb arrows and it should add to hp because kuyak is cool and 2h is cool and takes skill makes user look like aragorn who is also cool, but archery is gay, because makes you look like legolas, who is gay, and therefore archery gay.

YEAHOKLOL
I 10/10'd cRPG on moddb.com!

Do your bit for our community and write a 10/10 review for cRPG on http://www.moddb.com/mods/crpg !

Offline fosr

• Knight
  • Renown: 52
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
  • Eucliwood Hellscythe
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 31, 2012, 01:01:53 pm »
Please God save archers...

by:A high ping archers player

Offline Pentecost

• Earl
  • Renown: 313
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 31, 2012, 01:47:40 pm »
+6
Why do high-agi melee char with a great long bardiche can hit&run (which is basically kiting) and archer shouldn't be able to do that?

Because they are not comparable examples.

Regardless of how much agility he has, the guy with the Great Long Bardiche or other long four directional weapon still needs to step within retaliation range of his opponent to actually do damage. Said opponent will be able to block, counterattack, and potentially defeat him as a result. An 18/24 archer, on the other hand, does not need to step within retaliation range of his opponent to do damage. If he is playing correctly, the archer will be able to run away from his opponent almost indefinitely and deal damage in such a way that his opponent has no chance of counterattacking--ever--unless it's a thrower.

Even still, this might be a somewhat acceptable situation if this 18/24 archer, the one that is effectively invulnerable against the majority of melee players in 1v1, wasn't also the most accurate and damaging kind of archer as well. As many, many people have previously pointed out, a 30 str 10pd archer only does a little more damage than a 18/24 archer at distances closer than 20m and actually does less damage than an 18/24 archer at distances further than 20m due to much higher wpf. The 18/24 archer has fantastic draw speed and accuracy compared to the 30 str 10 pd archer for the same reason. How is this in any way balanced?

Offline Arrowblood

• Duke
  • Renown: 508
  • Infamy: 112
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Arrowblood
« Reply #37 on: October 31, 2012, 01:55:43 pm »
+14
9 wm and 2 athl for tzeh win. :D
I knew my build would win someday in the future.
(click to show/hide)

Offline Macropus

• King
  • Renown: 1668
  • Infamy: 296
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Macropus
« Reply #38 on: October 31, 2012, 02:14:03 pm »
Regardless of how much agility he has, the guy with the Great Long Bardiche or other long four directional weapon still needs to step within retaliation range of his opponent to actually do damage. Said opponent will be able to block, counterattack, and potentially defeat him as a result. An 18/24 archer, on the other hand, does not need to step within retaliation range of his opponent to do damage. If he is playing correctly, the archer will be able to run away from his opponent almost indefinitely and deal damage in such a way that his opponent has no chance of counterattacking--ever--unless it's a thrower.
Well archers have their drawbacks for that, like low armor, low melee capabilities and so on, I think just that everyone should be free to use his athletics as he wants because otherwise there's no much sense in getting ath at all.
And I don't mind increasing damage of str-archers, I think that would be fine and would make more versality for archer builds.

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #39 on: October 31, 2012, 02:31:01 pm »
+7
If archers aren't able to use as much ath then they should be given more melee capabilities so they can stand and fight when the time comes. Not just a 0 slot hammer. And no, sacrificing a bag of arrows for a 1 slot weapon isn't particularly viable either unless the arrow count increases.

Offline Tennenoth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 818
  • Infamy: 85
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "Bloody peasant archers!"
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Head)
  • Game nicks: Guard_Tenne; Guard_The_Biscuits; Guard_Bugden; Guard_Tennenuff
  • IRC nick: Tennenoth
« Reply #40 on: October 31, 2012, 02:37:38 pm »
+10
I'm highly disappointed... Not an agreeable "solution" to a "problem". Sure it'll get tweaked, I'll wait and see for that, but I am struggling to find words to describe this "addition" without being sarcastic, going over the same points again and generally not shouting abuse at people who don't deserve it, it's a beta created by people who do this for free and they don't need the agro but... Gah...

BullDog Clan member since 31/08/2010 / Caravan Guild member since 03/08/2010

How to understand what I say.
Always finish your tea and biscuits regardless of how terrible they are

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #41 on: October 31, 2012, 02:45:24 pm »
+5
My archer build before:
(click to show/hide)

How I would make my archer build now:
(click to show/hide)

So how about you try something new where you don't run away but fight when someone comes near?
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 698
  • Infamy: 2820
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 31, 2012, 02:48:47 pm »
+1
You don't need 7 PS, not with new Longsword/HBS values. Also that new dagger is wicked, 4 PS is enough for it.

Too bad arba still generates low scores, I was thinking of arba+rondel+buckler build.

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #43 on: October 31, 2012, 02:53:18 pm »
You don't need 7 PS, not with new Longsword/HBS values. Also that new dagger is wicked, 4 PS is enough for it.

Too bad arba still generates low scores, I was thinking of arba+rondel+buckler build.
Yeah, but I would just end up using a 1h sword instead, so I would need the 7 PS because of the low damage (and lower speed and length for a higher price  too). And that new sexy dagger is badass, but really short. Hmmm, Longbow, Long Arming Sword, Bodkins and dagger? Awwww yeah!
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Pejlaen

• Count
  • Renown: 297
  • Infamy: 74
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Pejlaen
« Reply #44 on: October 31, 2012, 02:54:27 pm »
Does anyone have the formula for how many wpf 1 Ath consumes? Thanks :)
skilled individuals, putting them together can create a very deadly and effective team.

The bow, it represents, that a skilled archer can pick a mighty man at arms off from a distance.