Author Topic: An overview of 2h swords pre and post patch  (Read 8138 times)

Offline Phew

• Marshall
  • Renown: 775
  • Infamy: 132
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Phew_XVI
Re: An overview of 2h swords pre and post patch
« Reply #120 on: November 02, 2012, 02:16:23 pm »
I have never seen anyone being stunned for so long, because they blocked, that he couldent block the next attack again.

What happens (at least to me):
-I block
-get stunned
-don't realize I'm stunned, so I try to counter-attack
-No attack occurs (I'm thinking "this must be lag", so I keep mashing attack button)
-I don't block, because in my brain, I'm thinking "it's my 'turn', so I get to attack now"
-I die

Having to block twice in a row without getting to attack in between is a rare enough occurrence in crpg that it totally throws most people off their rhythm. It's not like knockdown where you're like "oh, I'm on the ground, I can't attack now", the cues that you are stunned are much more subtle. By the time most players realize they are stunned, it's too late to switch to a block.

Offline _GTX_

• I <3 Shemaforash
  • Duke
  • Renown: 535
  • Infamy: 960
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • O===((:::::::::::::::>
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmarunionen
  • Game nicks: GTX
  • IRC nick: GTX
« Reply #121 on: November 02, 2012, 04:00:21 pm »
What happens (at least to me):
-I block
-get stunned
-don't realize I'm stunned, so I try to counter-attack
-No attack occurs (I'm thinking "this must be lag", so I keep mashing attack button)
-I don't block, because in my brain, I'm thinking "it's my 'turn', so I get to attack now"
-I die

Having to block twice in a row without getting to attack in between is a rare enough occurrence in crpg that it totally throws most people off their rhythm. It's not like knockdown where you're like "oh, I'm on the ground, I can't attack now", the cues that you are stunned are much more subtle. By the time most players realize they are stunned, it's too late to switch to a block.

Fight some fast 1hs, and u gotta get used to it. They will try to double left swing constantly :P. It also usually works because of the pure speed, without too much footwork.

Anyway, so u could actually block the next attack, its just the stun throwing u off, when u want to attack back.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Shemaforash

• Duke
  • Renown: 533
  • Infamy: 169
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Shemaforash
« Reply #122 on: November 03, 2012, 03:51:35 pm »
Fight some fast 1hs, and u gotta get used to it. They will try to double left swing constantly :P. It also usually works because of the pure speed, without too much footwork.

Anyway, so u could actually block the next attack, its just the stun throwing u off, when u want to attack back.

Bad one handers might...
You should be punished for having a shitty attitude.