Author Topic: Mercs and Mercs  (Read 13930 times)

Offline Berserkadin

• Duke
  • Renown: 592
  • Infamy: 145
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: -
  • Game nicks: Krewl_The_Urist_Fox
Re: Mercs and Mercs
« Reply #75 on: April 20, 2011, 11:16:45 am »
And join who exactly?
The Lumberjacks ofc
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 20, 2011, 11:49:08 am »
This is turning into a rage thread, sadly :/

Offline okiN

• Marshall
  • Renown: 924
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 20, 2011, 12:08:37 pm »
Did you really expect anything different?

By the way...

how many of current admin will be rdy to not play for admin only?     i think  5% 

If that. Here we don't really have the option of playing on another server, and being an admin is enough of a pain in the ass already without having to give up the right to play the game at all. I do this as a favor to chadz, and because somebody has to, but nobody has a right to expect that kind of dedication without paying me a salary.
Don't.

Offline Meow

• Awesome Consulting Detective
  • King
  • Renown: 1071
  • Infamy: 150
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
« Reply #78 on: April 20, 2011, 12:08:51 pm »
@Vicious
Not only do you completely miss that UO is WAY different from c-rpg especially when it comes to doing GM/Admin work, you also ONCE AGAIN fail to see the point of this...
You are still not a victim here.
Good way to solve your problems: Become a full time admin.
I am pretty sure if you ask the staff if you can stop playing and just admin the servers there won't be any problems, until you do that stop requesting that other admins do it.

---

I can only repeat it once more for everyone: If you have a problem with an admin the first thing you should do is get on IRC and talk to him if that fails take it to some other admin.
Dragging it out into the forum EVERY SINGLE TIME causes drama and nothing else.
If you need help on the server and no one is reacting to your in game chat: Get on irc and ask for admin help.

This will be my last post in here.
I'm sure it won't take a week until the next drama comes up...

Offline Jambi

• Earl
  • Renown: 410
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player
  • Walks with God.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jambi
« Reply #79 on: April 20, 2011, 12:29:32 pm »
I havent read the whole thread, but i found this picture and I think it is enough for this XD  :P

Its a Zebra not a Horse, your observations failed :D
« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 12:58:59 pm by Jambi »
Love will tear us apart.
Also, most fucked up brain of the year award goes to jambi. Well done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cX9Cpuj4igk

Offline RandomDude

• Earl
  • Renown: 431
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • I play now! but I suck =(
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: RandomDude
  • IRC nick: RandomDude
« Reply #80 on: April 20, 2011, 12:32:58 pm »
read 4 1/2 pages

I can say that I had some "beef" or disagreements with 2 guys who later joined mercs but they are volatile guys and I was probably similar to them in some ways when I was younger.

This didn't impact on my view of the clan as a whole.

I've missed all the drama that's gone on lately though.

It's gonna be really really hard to get people not to judge a clan by what it's members do, whether they are defended by clan mates or not. Fallen try to get mature-minded players to avoid some of these issues but a few of us may still act up now and then. It's not usually a serious issue though.

Basically - I see what you're trying to do with this thread and it works a little bit but players are just gonna see the tag in-game first, especially if they dont know individual players, and judge the clan as a whole from that. I'm sure some people hate Fallen cos I tk'd them =(

Personally, in the forums I see clan tags less and more the individual, if that helps.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 12:34:12 pm by RandomDude »

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 20, 2011, 12:41:07 pm »
Btw, if I hate (for various and diverse reasons) 75% of Mercs, does it makes me a bad guy if I say "I hate Mercs" ? Although tbh I get along very well with a few of you.

I think Mercs, by not caring about their reputation and the behavior of their members, will suffer from scenarios like that :

"I hate this guy (whatever reason) ! *looks at the nick* hey it's a Merc. They accept assholes, maybe I could join ?"
some time passes
"I hate this guy too (another dumb reason) ! *looks at the nick* a Merc again..."

And you can easily repeat that 5 to 10 times... Even if it's not wanted, any human being will start to make assumptions about the Merc clan and members, expecting them to be asshats.

If you want a big part of the general rabble community to hate you, who cares... But this is also true for admins. And we cannot guarantee all admins want to be and are perfectly equal in their judgments and attention, not mixing their job with personal feelings.

Offline karasu

• King
  • Renown: 1751
  • Infamy: 316
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • D̶͎̳͒́͗͋ẹ͕̲̠̳̄̃͂ͤ͑ͮṃ̮͎̗̦̏̿͊ͤi̥̪̼͕ͦ̀̊̐ȗ̘rͩ͋̅̊gͭ̿̋
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 20, 2011, 02:32:39 pm »

Offline Tomas_of_Miles

• Count
  • Renown: 263
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player
  • Inactive
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Rusty mercenary siege engineer
  • Game nicks: Something with Tomas in it
« Reply #83 on: April 20, 2011, 03:13:55 pm »
but this stands for almost every clan if say fallen or DRZ had clan members that do stuff that people dont like then they will be judged by those players actions

like when i was in 22nd i made them look bad without noticing but now i can see that i did and i regret that  but what im trying to say is that you cant stop people from thinking what they want to .
+1

And good post Oberyn, this school of thought needs to be applied to all clans from now on.
Professional poop cleaner

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 20, 2011, 03:24:22 pm »
+1

And good post Oberyn, this school of thought needs to be applied to all clans from now on.

I think it shouldnt. Most clans actually care about their reputation and dont really accept players that are major assholes or rulebreakers, because it reflects bad on them. I think its a responsibility of clans to make sure their players are not misbehaving and I think its also a good thing that major douchebags might have a hard time to get/stay in a clan. So I think that when a player from a clan isnt being nice and he doesnt get corrected by his clan I have the right to reflect that on the clan itself.

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #85 on: April 20, 2011, 04:01:36 pm »
Well what can i say, there were no major assholes and rulebreakers in the Mercs when i was around.......I've always said that Lolwen and Bloberyn were too soft for leading such a bunch of wild scumbags, douchebags, cutthroats and scoundrels. I mean - allowing Vicious to post on forums without a personal advisor/translator ? Recruiting people like Jambi and Bjord (yeah i vouched for him before he showed his real face)? These are only a few examples, i could go on for the rest of the day.  :twisted:

You lads weren't so soft when i met you.  :twisted:
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.

Offline Mtemtko

• Count
  • Renown: 168
  • Infamy: 46
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Merc_Mtemtko
  • IRC nick: Mtemtko
« Reply #86 on: April 20, 2011, 04:12:09 pm »
Well what can i say, there were no major assholes and rulebreakers in the Mercs when i was around.......I've always said that Lolwen and Bloberyn were too soft for leading such a bunch of wild scumbags, douchebags, cutthroats and scoundrels. I mean - allowing Vicious to post on forums without a personal advisor/translator ? Recruiting people like Jambi and Bjord (yeah i vouched for him before he showed his real face)? These are only a few examples, i could go on for the rest of the day.  :twisted:

You lads weren't so soft when i met you.  :twisted:

I blame you for recruiting Siiem, that ultimately lead to this. I HATE YOU, I HATE ALL OF YOU CROATIANS.

Offline VVarlord

• Count
  • Renown: 176
  • Infamy: 86
  • cRPG Player
  • Simmer down and pucker up
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Waylander
  • Game nicks: Waylander_VVar
  • IRC nick: Boldkorn
« Reply #87 on: April 20, 2011, 04:12:36 pm »
*Grabs jam butties and sits on the fence*

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #88 on: April 20, 2011, 05:17:21 pm »
I blame you for recruiting Siiem, that ultimately lead to this. I HATE YOU, I HATE ALL OF YOU CROATIANS.

I admit, that was my biggest mistake as a Merc leader.......ever.  :wink:
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 20, 2011, 05:21:03 pm »
« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 05:36:41 pm by Xant »