Author Topic: Mercs and Mercs  (Read 13947 times)

Offline Blueberry Muffin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 749
  • Infamy: 119
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Mercs and Mercs
« Reply #60 on: April 20, 2011, 01:13:46 am »
Dude vanular, we dont blame others for the hate - we would just like some people (very few mind you) to distinguish between who in our clan are trolls who deserve the hate and the members who just wanna play the game and enjoy themselves.
Lizard_Man: Fuck all that! Rather buy me 4 cans of Stella..
Cymro: Wife beater stella
Lizard_Man: It'll get ya drunk! You'll be fucking fat girls in no time! You might even fight a nigga or two! Mmmm-mmm, bitch!

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #61 on: April 20, 2011, 01:17:36 am »
My view is if you hold land, fight along side each other, have a clan tag, have a clan banner, and your own thread as well as a voice chat... then you are a clan, right?

If you have some sour apples then you need to realize that they may spread a bad reputation amongst the rest of the barrel..

Yes, I can understand the difference between an upstanding member and a troll, and I shall not assume that ptx for example is a jerk even though there are some mers who are... I can tell the difference.

However, I also understand that you are capable of policing your own members, and if you choose to not do so, then you must accept the consequences. You are willingly associating yourself with certain members, so how are you that surprised that some people are viewing you in a bad light because of it?

For the record, I do not have an issue with the mercs, but I do expect the mercs to accept that they are a clan that does not let just anyone join... thus it is not "common rabble," and thus you will be treated like a clan.

If a merc screws up, I will not blame them all, but I will however note that the clan tolerates his/her behavior and does nothing about it.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Vanular

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • And a good day to you, good sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 20, 2011, 01:18:45 am »
Dude vanular, we dont blame others for the hate - we would just like some people (very few mind you) to distinguish between who in our clan are trolls who deserve the hate and the members who just wanna play the game and enjoy themselves.

Yes, and I bet your prayers are being heard.

I'm just raising a point as to why the "general community" and therefore also admins are responding this way - and giving you an easy solution - Just behave civilised as a clan or deal with being watched extra carefully.
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Offline Tetris

• Peasant
  • Renown: 7
  • cRPG Player
  • Once a King, Always a King.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Aegis Sovereignty
  • Game nicks: SoA_Sovereign_Tetris
  • IRC nick: Tet
« Reply #63 on: April 20, 2011, 01:20:55 am »
Why is this on the faction hall area? :p

Offline Blueberry Muffin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 749
  • Infamy: 119
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 20, 2011, 01:22:02 am »
Was moved here by admin
Lizard_Man: Fuck all that! Rather buy me 4 cans of Stella..
Cymro: Wife beater stella
Lizard_Man: It'll get ya drunk! You'll be fucking fat girls in no time! You might even fight a nigga or two! Mmmm-mmm, bitch!

Offline Tetris

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
  • Once a King, Always a King.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Aegis Sovereignty
  • Game nicks: SoA_Sovereign_Tetris
  • IRC nick: Tet
« Reply #65 on: April 20, 2011, 01:24:28 am »
fail admin imo, this should be in "General" discussion.. xD

I dont like walking into a room full of grenades :p

edit: Off Topic ftw.

Offline Varyag

• Knight
  • Renown: 42
  • Infamy: 72
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercs
  • Game nicks: Merc_Varyag_
« Reply #66 on: April 20, 2011, 02:32:33 am »
"and BAM... permabanned." I was the one who banned you btw. After I logged on long after the incident since you ran away after they said you were gonna get banned. So it wasn't BAM permabanned. I can't say exactly how shit happened on the server, I just got instructions that if Varyag gets back on the Risen server then he should be banned for being a chocolate chip cookie. So stop saying you were instantly banned, liar.

NO YOU ARE THE LIER HERE. After I said the phrase "do you like mein kampf" (where does it say here that I am chocolate chip cookie?) I was banned the next second without any warning, without any explanation. In the ban log it said permaban. however, after several hours I managed to log in to the risen server again, only to be told by ur admin that from now on I am permabanned, and again was banned the next second. This time really permabanned.

SO YOU ARE THE ONLY ONE BULLSHITTING HERE MAN!

AND I ACCUSE YOUR CLAN FOR BEING chocolate chip cookie AND FASCHISTS! reasoning? Just for the fact that on your server you do not allow people from other cultures to talk to each other in their own languages! einstein would be proud of such offsprings, thats for sure!
« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 02:35:46 am by Varyag »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Belatu

• Count
  • Renown: 242
  • Infamy: 111
  • what
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Belatucadros
« Reply #67 on: April 20, 2011, 02:39:56 am »

No offence to the many mercs whom i actually respect =).

I havent read the whole thread, but i found this picture and I think it is enough for this XD  :P
My fridge is my shield

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #68 on: April 20, 2011, 03:01:49 am »
AND I ACCUSE YOUR CLAN FOR BEING chocolate chip cookie AND FASCHISTS! reasoning? Just for the fact that on your server you do not allow people from other cultures to talk to each other in their own languages! einstein would be proud of such offsprings, thats for sure!

einstein actually admired the English culture and others, and had a list of "Desirable" individuals such as poets, great writers, musicians etc...

Anywho, am I the only one who finds it ironic that a thread that says "Do not stereotype our entire clan" has a guy in it stereotyping an entire clan?
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Braeden

• Earl
  • Renown: 420
  • Infamy: 53
  • I hear the sound of drums
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Acre?
  • Game nicks: Braeden_Sanguine
  • IRC nick: Braeden
« Reply #69 on: April 20, 2011, 04:22:27 am »
Aww, nice, Noctivagant read my history.  Its true, I did quite enjoy hiring the Mercenaries, and they were well worth the cost on every occasion.  I don't really understand the trouble with them owning land, I myself would call land owning mercenaries "successful" not "unmercenary-like."

That said, a clan is judged by its members.  All the Mercs I interact with I like, so I would tend to judge a random Merc well, even ones I don't like as well I give grace to for their associations with people I trust and value, and because past service was helpful.  But that works both ways.  A clan makes you into one people, and if you do not chastise your membership, then it shall be assumed that you approve of their actions.  "Don't associate us with these members of our clan" means nothing.  "Don't associate us with these former members of our clan" has meaning, as does "Please accept the apology from these members of our clan who have promised to reform their behavior."

Like it or not, for better or worse, you associate yourselves with the actions of your clanmates.  Control them, leave them, expel them or accept them, and know that all of those reflect upon you.

Offline Gondemar

• Peasant
  • Infamy: 2
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Torayama clan, Ninja, ex-Shogunate, ex-Pecores
  • Game nicks: Torayama_Munemori (main) ; Satsujin_the_Unseen ; Gondemar_the_Fat
« Reply #70 on: April 20, 2011, 08:29:25 am »
Well well well... As a "semi casual" player, I didn't tried much strategus pre-patch, and just play with a few friends on EU servers on a regular basis. I must say, if sometimes Mercs are not the nicest guys (And I don't except them to be. I already have played a mercenary on other online games, and you just can't and must not have a nice guy reputation), they are fine to play with and I never had to complain myself. Good players, it's always nice when they are on your team, and hell of a challenge when you face them.

As said, they also give a lot to this game, but as it is human nature, we remember people more for what we hate about them than for what we owe them. Therefore, even if you don't have rules in your clan, you just have to know that you'll just soil the clan's reputation when, well, you act like a jerk. And it applies to every clans. It's cool that you play between friends and have fun together (it's the point of a multiplayer game after all), but you'll get the other Mercs into trouble, or make them look like assholes if you act like one (hypothetically speaking, I don't say you do). And that, there's nothing you can do about that except trying to behave sometimes. This thread is a good idea too (maybe a little troll magnet-ish), but it will be quickly forgotten : next time one of you will be trolling, it will probably be "Mercs' fault" (Generally speaking, for casual players or those who don't really know each Merc). Sad but true.

Varyag, the Risen server rules may not be the most tolerant, but they are understandable (It's a multiplayer game, you come and join a community and it's quite rude for other players to just speak a language they won't understand. Just my opinion.). If their rules were "If you speak a different language than English, we will track you down, put you, your friends and your family into camps where you will slowly perish, until we wipe the shit out of you in a gas chamber" then they indeed might be chocolate chip cookies. I guess they're not, and you could have actually discussed it if you really cared about that.
But you were taunting them there, don't say you weren't expecting that they wouldn't react, and that they would take it well. You were trolling, and that's too bad because that's what might make you look bad.

You're great players, skilled and all, and I'm pretty sure that all "Mercs are assholes" thing is overdone, from what I've seen. Just don't give "Mercs' haters" reasons to be right.

The Way of the Samurai is found in death ; Torayama Clan
                          Munemori's armory

Offline Ginosaji

• Baron
  • Renown: 81
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Kukurutz, Whale_of_pure_Harmony, Topfentascherl, TRAFFIC_LIGHT
« Reply #71 on: April 20, 2011, 08:40:35 am »
I don't have a problem with any Merc, but:

NO YOU ARE THE LIER HERE. After I said the phrase "do you like mein kampf" [...]

How old are you.. 10? Not that I feel offended by someone who writes such a phrase (I'm Austrian, so for the rest of the world it's enough to hear me speaking in German to label me as chocolate chip cookie), but what was the intention?
Seriously, even things like "whistle for boobies" or similar stuff are more mature than expecting any response at all for "do you like mein kampf". Tbh. you should be permabanned for this until it's proven that you're old enough to play games like M&B :P

You're great players, skilled and all, and I'm pretty sure that all "Mercs are assholes" thing is overdone, from what I've seen. Just don't give "Mercs' haters" reasons to be right.

+1
« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 08:42:15 am by Ginosaji »

Offline Thovex

• Marshall
  • Renown: 851
  • Infamy: 210
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Thovex
« Reply #72 on: April 20, 2011, 09:00:05 am »
NO YOU ARE THE LIER HERE. After I said the phrase "do you like mein kampf" (where does it say here that I am chocolate chip cookie?) I was banned the next second without any warning, without any explanation. In the ban log it said permaban. however, after several hours I managed to log in to the risen server again, only to be told by ur admin that from now on I am permabanned, and again was banned the next second. This time really permabanned.

You are ridiculous and not getting unbanned.

Offline Karmazyn

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 20, 2011, 10:38:21 am »

Ahhaha, lol. You and Bjord can thank PTX for his work as admin and moderator in the last weeks he got enough chances to stop the risen criminals.
Si Deus Nobiscum quis contra nos

Offline Vicious666

• Baron
  • Renown: 88
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
  • becouse an image is worth a thousand words
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vicious666_xXx
  • IRC nick: Vicious666
« Reply #74 on: April 20, 2011, 11:02:58 am »
Hi
As Im the only non-merc in this post mentioned, I think I should answer.
When Olwen nominated me (because I was hunting mercs,he said), I checked the banlist. As the banlist gets capped off to not make the loading times too bad (its very bad, takes about 5-10 minutes to load), it only goes back to january. I could find 4 mercs (included one without merc-tag) that Ive banned. As some of the mercs have (not all, just some) accused me of a witch-hunt against mercs, I just wanna show the numbers. I have on some evenings banned more than 4 players (mostly leechers), so 4 mercs is a pretty low number.
Why do I show this number? Because I want to make it clear, Im not going after mercs.

I dont think you can find any posts or irc-quotes of me accusing the merc-clan as a whole to be against me (or other admins), but that a group inside the mercs is. I know several mercs I got the deepest respect for and Im not trying to generalise you as a whole. But, and theres a but here. You are like the only clan who _dont_ care about your reputation. That does reflect badly on you.
I was accused of threating mercs different than non-mercs not long ago, as I would give mercs 3 day bans and non-mercs 1 day bans. This is not true. 90% of my bans are 3 day bans, and only on special incidents I give more or less (especially if people show regret or understanding of the ban, I reduce the time, if they insult me or shows they dont accept the rules, I extend it).

To be clear, when I admin, I ignore nicks. If I find someone whos doing something so bad they need a ban, I first ban, THEN check their history (still ignoring their history) to decide if they are repeaters who need some extra cooldown. Some mercs, I wont mention names, are repeaters, and they get extra time. I dont think this have applied to mercs yet tho.

There are some admin-to-admin stuff here too, as mercs have a lot of admins. I wont comment these incidents.

i was never banned or kicked from you on my entire crpg  life, that not means  you are a good admin, or that i cant  open a vote against you , i saw what you where writing about me and against me, like a sort of  backtalking and smacktalking  about me in irc,       and i finded that unacceptable, and clearly a conflict of interest with your position., plus also very  childish and unfair for someone who cover an admin position.

so nothing regards you hunting  Mercs .

Talking abouT admins in general  towards Merc, for make an exmaple i go afk i get banned,     but yesterday i was in game , playng   with leiknir lafrsoon  meow and other admin,    I WRITE 5X TIME   A NAME OF A GUY  THAT IS RUSHING INTO ENEMY SPAWN,  PLUS ANOTHER GUY  TOTALLY NAKED LEECHING

you think they banned  or even kicked them?   NOPE the totally ignored them until this 2 guy logged off by theyr own   , but i am sure they where watching me like stalkers,  at list i hope  you learned how to play watching me doing 35-1  for 3 maps consecutive. (yes i am sarcastic)

what that  makes me think? double standarD?    ma your own valutation.

How i can expect fair judgement when half of admin in this mod play in clan who are rivals of merC? so every time there is an opportunity for  ban a merc, is a good thing? since it goes at theyr advantage?

bla bla bla this is a mod we not have being payed for  do admin,  BULLSHIT, i was running an Ultima online server with 700 player     , and the game master groups wheredoing the   GM  and not playng,     they where playng uo on another server,  and none of them quitted. so professionality     is an option if the people really wanna it.     

how many of current admin will be rdy to not play for admin only?     i think  5%     
« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 11:21:38 am by Vicious666 »