Author Topic: Mercs and Mercs  (Read 14007 times)

Offline Olwen

• Earl
  • Renown: 419
  • Infamy: 222
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
  • A shadow among others
    • View Profile
Re: Mercs and Mercs
« Reply #45 on: April 20, 2011, 12:41:35 am »
That being said, the mercs can't hide behind the "we are mercenaries" mantra when they have a huge amount of land in Strategus. I actually think it is really sad that a clan that actually fight over territory is called Mercs and not an organisation that helps people that doesn't want to be in a clan to still fight in Strategus battles. You know, like swords-for-hire or mercenaries. Although I guess a namechange for the clan would be too cumbersome to do.

we helped people getting their own lands, they got ganked by blocs unfortunatly ( pecores, centurions, for example ), we also helped both blocs, fallens, ninjas, 22nd, searaiders, hre, guards, shogunate, ats for examples,

there was not much else to do unfortunatly, templars always hated us and refused to hire us, drz was op and didn't need us, fallens prefered spending their money somewhere else, well, you know
« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 12:52:08 am by Olwen »

Offline Vanular

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • And a good day to you, good sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 20, 2011, 12:43:42 am »
templars always hated us and refused to hire us

Yes ... for some reason we had to pay "special" prices for your services.

Zapper raises some valid points though.
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Offline BD_Guard_Bane

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guards
  • Game nicks: BD_Guard_Bane
  • IRC nick: cmpxchg8b
« Reply #47 on: April 20, 2011, 12:47:20 am »
we helped people getting their own lands, they got ganked by blocs unfortunatly ( pecores, centurions, for example ), we also helped both blocs, fallens, ninjas, 22nd, searaiders, hre, guards, shogunate for examples,

eh? Unless you mean that some of you applied for us in battles?
I defended the village and all I got was this stupid title.

Offline Olwen

• Earl
  • Renown: 419
  • Infamy: 222
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
  • A shadow among others
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 20, 2011, 12:48:44 am »
we were trying to balance things, cheaper for small factions, higher cost for blocs, btw the fact that you threatened us and that you were being ganked and lost all your troops against drz didn't help me giving you something easily affordable, i offered my help to growl as he was a friend, he refused it, don't blame me

about guards we gave you some money for your attack against drz, didn't we ? not for free btw, mercing too yeh

Offline Siiem

• Heretic
  • Duke
  • Renown: 611
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 20, 2011, 12:50:22 am »
Strategus fucntions so that the more land you have the more troops you can have. Therefore it would be beneficary for us to have more land so we could could get more troops and more valuable contracts. We even sold conquered land. If troop gain would function differently however things could probably have been done otherwise.

Offline BD_Guard_Bane

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guards
  • Game nicks: BD_Guard_Bane
  • IRC nick: cmpxchg8b
« Reply #50 on: April 20, 2011, 12:53:14 am »
about guards we gave you some money for your attack against drz, didn't we ? not for free btw, mercing too yeh

Hmm? We sold you a fief (after you turned into estate agents).

Anyway, the strategus thing isn't really on-topic, but while we're talking about it; the Mercs in strategus were really (mainly) an experiment as to how possible it would be for them to be a merc clan. The results were quite interesting, too. 
I defended the village and all I got was this stupid title.

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #51 on: April 20, 2011, 12:55:44 am »
Olwens funny

Many mercs go around insulting other players, arguing with them in game and on the forums, then your shocked when your clan gets a bad rep. There are some decent mercs but a lot of you guys seem to cause confrontation, whether intended or not.
Turtles

Offline Vanular

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 20, 2011, 12:57:21 am »
we were trying to balance things, cheaper for small factions, higher cost for blocs, btw the fact that you threatened us and that you were being ganked and lost all your troops against drz didn't help me giving you something easily affordable, i offered my help to growl as he was a friend, he refused it, don't blame me

Well, that's between you and Growl and out of this topics scope.

On topic though: Please realise that there might be a reason as to why people are hating on you. You could always improve if you wished not to be hated, instead of blaming everyone else. 
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Offline Blueberry Muffin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 749
  • Infamy: 119
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 20, 2011, 01:03:43 am »
Bottom line is i think, just because of olwen, xant,siiem and vicious' trolling, the rest of us are guilty by association.
Sweet.  :)
Lizard_Man: Fuck all that! Rather buy me 4 cans of Stella..
Cymro: Wife beater stella
Lizard_Man: It'll get ya drunk! You'll be fucking fat girls in no time! You might even fight a nigga or two! Mmmm-mmm, bitch!

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 20, 2011, 01:03:53 am »
Vanular, have you actually read anything written here? Your responses imply that you have not.

Offline Noctivagant

• Earl
  • Renown: 470
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player
  • I solve practical problems
    • View Profile
    • I never drank a six pack of warm beer
  • Faction: Mercenaries
« Reply #55 on: April 20, 2011, 01:03:59 am »
That being said, the mercs can't hide behind the "we are mercenaries" mantra when they have a huge amount of land in Strategus. I actually think it is really sad that a clan that actually fight over territory is called Mercs and not an organisation that helps people that doesn't want to be in a clan to still fight in Strategus battles. You know, like swords-for-hire or mercenaries. Although I guess a namechange for the clan would be too cumbersome to do.

...At that time, the sides weren't limited to how many people they could hire.  The computer would hire literally anyone who signed up, and they could all play.  So when it came to the actual battle, we had 60 people on the server, but they had 90.  But the AI's hiring of everyone who signed up didn't help it, and since I hired all the good players first, especially the Mercs (who killed half the enemy alone)...

Mercenaries are not Mother Teressa or Red Cross, We need land to build a military force and money to gear it up. Its no surprise that you guys lose battles against us in every occasion. You absolutely have no idea about strategy, politics economy etc...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Siiem

• Heretic
  • Duke
  • Renown: 611
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 20, 2011, 01:06:28 am »
Bottom line is i think, just because of olwen, xant, siiem and vicious' trolling, the rest of us are guilty by association.
Sweet.  :)

WUT?

Offline Vanular

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 20, 2011, 01:07:08 am »
Vanular, have you actually read anything written here? Your responses imply that you have not.

I replied to the original post and other posts that replied to me.

I didn't bother with the rest, but I seriously doubt you reached an epiphany on the first two pages. Have you read my replies?
« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 01:08:21 am by Vanular »

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 20, 2011, 01:09:24 am »
Yes, and you completely miss the point.

Offline Vanular

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 20, 2011, 01:11:33 am »
Yes, and you completely miss the point.

No, I'm simply raising another.